Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Read This So Your 1x1 Request Doesn't Get Locked

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

Read This So Your 1x1 Request Doesn't Get Locked

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Safisan on Sat Apr 03, 2010 2:38 am

Q. Why was my 1x1 search locked? It says to use this forum for 1x1 requests in the red box!

A. You included the words 'one on one' somewhere in the title, this is against the rules. We're ordered to lock such threads until the GM proposes a new title - preferably the story's title. Failing to be that, your game's subject centers solely around eroticism: yaoi, yuri, slave/master role-plays are all against our rules and are to be locked - 1x1 or not.

Q. Will you guys lock IC threads or interest checks?

A. Wherever they are, we'll find and lock them if their titles contain the words 'one on one'. I should note these requests don't belong in the 'Interest Checks' sub-forum.

Q. I don't want my request to get locked! What do I do?

A. Put your story's name in the title instead, it'll attract people into the subject and not just random folks that don't know jack about your story.

Q. My request was locked! What do I do?

A. Think up a new title and either report your post using the '!Summon Moderator' button, or send a private message to a global moderator. We'll unlock your thread -after changing the title, mind you- as soon as possible.

As of the private RP forum's closure, this rule is in effect. This means we can and will lock all your threads related to one on one role-plays if you include these words in the title, or if your role-play's solely devoted to a fetish or eroticism. You may add '(closed)' in the title to let players know you're not looking for anybody else once you have your partner(s), but anything else is a no-go. Thank- you all for your understanding.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Safisan
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Read This So Your 1x1 Request Doesn't Get Locked

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tidedland on Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:56 pm

Is it alright if you have the title of the possible roleplays idea and then the words (1x1)

For example

Realistic Survival Roleplay (1x1)

Or is 1x1 completely banned? Because then how are you supposed to find people interested in doing a person by person roleplay. I feel they move allot smoother than group roleplays and I don't understand how I can find other people interested in them now.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Tidedland
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mid on Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:21 pm

Sorry hun, but no. We want proper titles, =< You may say you're looking for a single role player in your thread but not the title.
Bai Bai bby

Mid
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Contributor Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:29 am

Dragging this out of the depths...

What is the policy behind this rule? As someone scanning the forum for posts, I like topics that give me an idea of what I'm going to see therein. Giving one-on-one games no titles indicating taht they are that is going to for people to waste a lot of time looking at threads they could otherwise skip over completely.

Jag
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Party Starter Contributor Concierge Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:30 am

That's one of the general ideas, jag. You can have a single roleplayer, yeah, that's no problem. But when things are just flooded with "NEED 1X1 NAOOOOOO!" what sort of impression does that give about the literary value of our lovely site?

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:41 am

That's what I would have guessed, but I just wanted to hear some someone with a pretty color for their name. Thanks.

Jag
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Party Starter Contributor Concierge Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!