Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Sarinity: London

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Sarinity: London

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Morco on Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:56 pm

Felix Dakota stood on the old Platform 1 of Galleons Reach Station. He raised his binoculars from his satchel pack and looked out towards the old London City Airport. He'd been making his way there from the Isle of Dogs for the past few hours. He needed some supplies, and he had heard that the City Airport was where he could get some.

The DLR was overground, so it was safe from Tubers. He had only come across them a few times, and had always ran. All that anyone knew was rumours, stretching from aliens living in the Underground tunnels, through to humans mutated with multiple limbs and a taste for human flesh. Regardless, he wasn't going to stick about to ask.

He could see the runway from Galleon's Reach. He would have to cross the docks somehow. The bridge was there but he could make out people milling around over it. They would want a tax for crossing, one he most definitely couldn't afford. Felix would have to get over by boat somehow.

He slipped the binoculars back into his satchel and descended the steps to the old University. If there was any way across it'd be there he'd find it.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Morco
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Sarinity: London

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Flyingswordgirl on Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:26 pm

Chloe was scavaging around the old University as she looked for somethings she needed for her boat to get across the water to the other side without having to stop at a toll road. She looked down to her wrist which had a console on it and the reason she looked was because she had set up motion detectors around the area and someone had tripped one. She pressed a button on her console as it stopped beeping and she then withdrew a small sword she had always carried from her father. She then ran up and jumped to a beam up in the ceiling that had fallen down as she hid. She was ready to kill but she was just going to wait and see who it was before jumping down and taking them out.

(EDITED!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Last edited by Flyingswordgirl on Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Flyingswordgirl
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Morco on Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:44 am

Felix deftly leapt through the ruins of one of the old residence buildings. Once upon a time, he was told, hundreds or even thousands of young men and women would leave home, some from across the world, and live here whilst they studied various subjects and schools. He didn't quite know what that meant, but the point still remained.

He wondered if anyone had come here to live. some of the buildings were mostly intact, and if they were designed for living in back then, they'd still be good for it now. Might be able to get some friends around here, get some deal where I can crash here if needs be.

He carried on walking through, seeing no sign of hope. That was until he clambered over some old piece of sculpture and saw a small boat tethered to a boulder of some form, bobbing up and down in the water.

Great! Now, who's is it...?

Morco
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Flyingswordgirl on Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:46 pm

Chloe's slim body made it easy for her to stay hidden up in the ceiling and she continued to wait as she looked out through a hole in the buillding as she saw a figure walking closer. She readied herself as she placed her blade in front of her, she had always been ready to fight since everything that had happen to the world and she wasn't going to die here.

She watched as the man walked in and then looked over to her unfinished boat as she jumped down and then rolled to where she jumped up behind him and pointed her blades tip to his back. Her free hand was placed on the butt of the handle ready to thrust it forward and kill this man but she decided to wait.

"Who are you...what do you want...are you alone...and finally are you hear looking for a fight?" she said as her blond curly hair that was up in a ball seemed to still bounce never the less from the jump. She held her blade close in case he had turned around to take it or harm her. Her gaze was not going to be taken away from this man and since no other alarms were going off from her console on her arms she became focused on him and him alone.

(Hope this is ok and I edited the last post)

Flyingswordgirl
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Morco on Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:18 pm

Felix felt the point press into the small of his back and froze. His hands slowly rose as he listened to what the woman had to say.

"Well, in order of priority. I'm not a violent person, I don't even have a weapon on me. Secondly, I am alone and I was looking for a way to cross the water to the City Airport, over there. Now, if you please, could you take whatever you've got stuck into my back away and talk to me face-toface?"

Morco
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Flyingswordgirl on Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:10 pm

Chloe listened to the man as she kept her sword point on his back even when he asked for her to remove it and talk face to face. She began to think to herself as she pulled away her blade and stepping back spinning it lightly before housing it back in a sheath which was on her backside of her waist.

"Alright I'll believe you for now but if you try anything funny I will not hesitate to cut you down" she said before stepping back again to allow him to turn around and speak to her.

Flyingswordgirl
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Morco on Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:59 pm

Felix brushed himself off and turned to face the woman.

"So, what's your name? And why are you here? I'm making my way over there, for supplies. I've been making my way here for the majority of the day, and it's getting dark soon and I don't want to be out when dusk comes, and I imagine neither do you. You don't look psychopathic enough to be Night Devil... Or stupid enough to be one of the gangs... And you've got too little gear on to be a bounty hunter so I'm guessing you're just a lone wanderer like myself, yes?"

"And if that's your boat, can you take me over the water. We can camp there tonight, and there should be more than enough supplies for the both of us, if that is to your sword's liking...?"

Felix waited expectantly, never taking his eyes from the woman's own. He thought he could see compassion there, someone who had become a fighter because circumstance demanded it. He had seen it a thousand times before, but sometimes he was wrong. Very badly wrong.

He was poised for anything.

Morco
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Flyingswordgirl on Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:15 pm

Chloe's greenish eyes focused on the mans as he spoke to her before she cleared her throat some turning her head to the side before saying "I was about to ask you the same thing but looks like you beat me to it....I'm Chloe and indeed I am a lone wanderer my family and friends are dead and now I carry on alone" she said as she leaned against some debris before biting her nails some.

She looked to him and then spit to the side as she added "Yea that hunk of junk is mine I your one lucky fella because I was about to head over already...good thing you found me before I did and you know it is to my sword's liking because even though it has seen battle it never really want to cause more bloodshed" Chloe said before walking the way he came as she snapped her finger's some before turning around.

"Another thing I'm going to go collect my motion sensors and then we can leave but what I want to know is your name stranger" she said as she looked over to him once again before tapping her foot lightly on the ground below.

Flyingswordgirl
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Morco on Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:44 pm

"My name's Felix. A pleasure to meet you Chloe. Now, let's grab your stuff and get over there. It's almost six and I want to set up camp as soon as possible."

The pair collected the sensors and the rest of Chloe's possessions from the deserted campus and then headed off across the old dock. Ripples echoed outwards across the still artificial lake as the small petrol engine whirred away, propelling them towards the obsolete structure.

Felix wondered if anyone lived at the old airport. In all his years he had not heard of any settlement worth knowing being here. But the city-that-was had many small homesteads and camps that fell off the radar; that cut themselves off from the rest of humanity. Probably the best idea in these times.

The small boat glided up to a pontoon of sorts and Felix hopped out to moor the rope to anything he could find. Turning towards Chloe he said, "There's a lot of open-ground before any buildings, so we best run. I don't want to be caught out in the open, ok? And what weapons, apart from your sword, have you got? I have no idea what might be here."

Morco
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Flyingswordgirl on Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:30 pm

Chloe listened to Felix as he introduced himself and then began to tell her what to do. She wasn't going to complain since they really did need to set up camp so she nodded and went around grabbing her equipment before heading to the boat she had made and setting sail.

She looked around several times as they continued across the lake hoping they wouldn't be seen by anyone who would want to cause them harm. She looked forward as the other side came into view and soon was right in front of them. Chloe pulled a locket from around her neck and under her shirt as she opened it up and looked at it before grasping her hand around it some.

Chloe soon stood as Felix jumped out and and began to tie the boat down as she stepped out and stretched some before she turned back to him as he asked her if she had any other weapons on her besides her blade. She looked down to the boat and pulled up a bag and then said "Well lets see...I do have these old knives but I never use them so thats why they are all rusty and not taken care of...umm thats basicly it but your welcome to both of them if you want...but your right we should make a run for it, never know whats out there" she said tossing him the sheathed knives.

Flyingswordgirl
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Morco on Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:09 pm

"Don't worry about it," replied Felix, examining the weapons from a distance. "I try not to get into those kind of situations if I can help it."

Felix helped Chloe up, and then surveyed the journey ahead. It wasn't a massively long stretch of tarmac, especially with an idle plane sat about three quarters of the way to the terminal building.

""Right Chloe, I think we should make it to that plane over there, and then to the terminal building. Now, if what I heard back at Dog City was right, there should be a lot of food in there, as well as some other bits and bobs. Sound like a plan?"

Felix checked his satchel over, keeping the contents hidden from sight whilst never taking his eye off his surroundings.

Morco
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Horsk on Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:49 am

Jasaer ducked an overhead concrete beam, merely skimming the top of his head, his golden hair becoming coated with the dust that had covered the beam. Darting around the nearby corner Jasaer jumped a bundle of debris and dived through a broken wreck of a gate. Sweat poured down Jasaer's face, drips slowly sliding over his goggles that protected his eyes from the dust and debris of modern London.

Poking the corner of his head around the corner, Jasaer checked for any Tubers. They had spotted him near the river, and his only choice was to run. Despite holding his Varmint 2000 hunting rifle, Jasaer was not one for fighting in the open, more of a silent killer. The coast was clear, it appeared that he had lost his pursuers. Rubbing his left hand against the screen of his goggles, Jasaer stood and looked around his new surroundings. It appeared he was at the airport.

"Maybe I can find a plane. And hopefully a pilot."
Jasaer thought as he made his way to the runway, holding his rifle tightly against his chest.

Horsk
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Morco on Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:42 pm

Felix finished rummaging through his pack when he noticed movement down the other end of the runway, near the terminal buildings. He raised his binoculars to his eyes and scanned the horizon. There was definitely a man running pretty hard towards the one plane resembling functionality. Though Felix could not figure out if he was a threat or not. He was alone, unlike him and Chloe, but he could see the man had a gun, which they most definitely did not.

"Look, there's someone heading towards the plane, we need to get there first. C'mon!"

The two sprinted across the runway and managed to scale the side of the plane quickly; there was a pile of debris making a basic stairway up.

Someone's been here already... Shouldn't surprise me, but best be on my guard.

"Chloe, we need to get inside before this guy does, but be on your guard. Looks like we're not the first here. Can I borrow a knife too?"

And with that Felix Dakota unlocked the door and let it swing open. Hearing nothing, he dived inside.

Morco
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Horsk on Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:49 pm

Jasaer clambered upon the wing of the plane. Once he had gained his footing, he bounded across to the small, rectangular window. He had taken the wing out of suspicion, if there were others on the plane, they would surely have to doorway sealed, or guarded.

Rubbing his hand against the window, a thick layer of dust wiped off. Looking in Jasaer saw a man dive inside the plane, he appeared to be only armed with a knife. Not being one for an open fight, Jasaer liked his chances against this one, and slid off the side of the wing, making his way across to the doorway. Once he had climbed to the top of the pile of debris, Jasaer stood, his back to the doorframe, before turning in, his rifle raised.

"Stop all your moving." He smirked, aiming the rifle between the man and his companion.

Horsk
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Morco on Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:06 am

Felix had only just gotten into the plane when the orders were received from the man at the hatch. He froze instantly, arms slowly raising up and dropping the knife simultaneously.

"I assume from your words that you have that gun pointed at one or both of us... I'd be most appreciative if you could lower it. We're just here looking for supplies, we didn't realise someone had claim here already. We'll move on as soon as you want."

Felix was frustrated, not by the man himself, but by the effort it took to find somewhere virgin these days. Humans were always pushing their bounderies, never content, and that meant that he had found it harder and harder over the years to find free loot to sell.

"So what's it going to be?" spoke the hostage, softly and calmly.

Morco
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Horsk on Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:20 pm

Upon hearing the mans words, Jasaer lowered his rifle. "Ok" was the only word that left his lips.

With his rifle now dangling in his right hand, Jasaer walked over to the man inside the plane, he brushed lightly against him whilst smiling. He sat on a torn plane seat, from which the stuffing was protruding. "In a world like this it's always better to make a friend, than kill one."

Once he made himself comfortable with the little he had, Jasaer looked up at the man. "Jasaer La' Broud." he nodded helpfully. Looking across the man's body Jasaer opened his jacket. His eyes scanned through the inside of his jacket and pulled a pistol from a hidden holster, Jasaer flipped the pistol around in his hand and extended his arm. "Name?" he grinned.

Horsk
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Morco on Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:11 pm

"I agree." confirmed Felix, extending his hand to the man. Shaking it he smiled at the man.

"So what are you here for? I've come from the Isle of Dogs. Was there a few months, heard that there was a stock of long-life food, medical supplies and weapons around here. Want in? I'm sure there'll be too much for us to carry, let alone just me." smiled Felix.

"And oh yeah, I'm Felix Dakota by the way - pleasure to meet you. Shall we be off?"

Before departing the aircraft Felix grabbed what he could. There wasn't a lot here, some freeze dried coffee that hadn't gone rotten, a first aid kit and some electric parts from the cockpit. Finally, just as he was to leave the door, Felix rigged a basic lock on the hatch. It wouldn't stop anyone determined, but it would stop scavengers like themselves from looting it before he could find a buyer for all the electronics in there. Who knows, could become the start of a settlement one day.

Morco
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Horsk on Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:11 pm

As Felix locked the plane, Jasaer continued to spin the pistol in his left hand. Fumbling his fingers Jasaer dropped the pistol, it clattered awkwardly in a pile of metal debris. Picking the pistol up, Jasaer nodded at Felix "Better take this. A knife isn't going to keep you safe for much longer. And I have enough." he held up his rifle.

As Felix passed him, Jasaer hopped onto a block of cement. "So? Where exactly are we head?" He said as he lifted his goggles onto his forehead, trapping stray golden hairs.

Horsk
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Morco on Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:43 am

"Thanks." said Felix to Jasaer. "I'm hoping there'll be more weapons here though. Airports, if I understand right, used to have a lot of security issues, so there were caches of small arms in the secured areas, all we need to do is find them."

"So? Where exactly are we head?" asked the newcomer.

Looking back for a split second, then focusing on the terminal builindg, Felix answered, "There, that's the terminal building. We get in there, we get access to the whole building. But I don't know where in there everything is, so we'll need to look about a bit, and it's going to get dark soon, so I want to find somewhere safe to camp. Sound ok?"

Without really waiting for an answer, Felix leapt from the plane wing and casually loped across the runway towards an entrance on their level, the pistol held firmly yet casually in his hand. He was ready for anything.

Morco
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Horsk on Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:30 am

Jasaer grinned as Felix walked towards the terminal, the gun seeming to provide him with a new glow of strength. Accepting Felix's plan, Jasaer hopped from the cement block and walked after him.

"It's getting dark Felix. You're right, we should get our asses to shelter." Jasaer laughed. Shuffling his fingers around the stock of his rifle, his sweaty hands sliding across the surface. Walking a few paces behind Felix, Jasaer looked from side to side across the runway. The runway was mainly blank but there were sections of debris and rubble nearer to the main building.

Horsk
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!