Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Seafront House

a topic in Realistic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based on the real world, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Seafront House

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Trix on Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:49 am

Blue walls, white floors. Six slightly screwed kids. Six (un)willing voulenteers.

Welcome to Seafront House.

Asha sat in her favourite corner, wearing her favourite white t-shirt and favourite blue jeans. She held a thin book open in her hands; she cast her eyes over every page, every word, taking in the story of the abandoned wolf cub. This was how Asha would happily spend every day, no lessons, no therapies, just her and a few books. Maybe her manuscript paper, too. Asha was a wonderfully talented musician; she loved writing music. However, at this moment in time, she wasn't thinking about music, or the other people in the room, or even her brother. She was solely focused on the book she held in her hand, and the story of the wolf cub.

---

Adrian stood at the foot of the stairs, waiting for Alice Rho to come down. Some kid had just gone up to find her for him, and he shifted from foot to foot, nervously. Seafront House seemed nice enough, but Adrian couldn't get it out of his head that some of these kids were mentally unstable. He shrugged off his battered brown leather jacket and folded it over his arm, looking around. Every wall he could see was blue, and every floor was white. Even the stairs were white. The clock on the wall read '3:56' and Adrian counted the minutes he was early by. “Four minutes,” he sighed to himself, and looked to the top of the stairs.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Trix
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Seafront House

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Roselite on Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:57 am

Johanna sat near the window in the room that everybody was in. Her lavender hair laid in plaits and braids, over her shoulders and lying against her chest wetly. She stared at the drizzle falling down outside, and sighed. She moved a bit, and slowly turned her head from the window. Her white eyes stared out at the crowd, scanning them all thuroughly, when her eyes fell to the boy at the stairs. She couldn't help but think that he looked familiar...

At the opposite corner from Asha, Liam sat, curled into a fetal position. Her arms were wrapped around his knees, and his forehead was on them. His blue-black hair hid his closed eyes. He was trying to get just a little bit more sleep...
But it's like . . . you've got this voice that just makes everything else go away. Singing or otherwise. It brings things down to what you're talking about and makes it . . . well, I dunno what the word is, but it's synonymous with beautiful.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Roselite
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WhispersofMe on Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:10 am

Nona walked up to the house.She didn't particularly want to be here but it was the only place for her to go while her parents were sorting out the divorce. She sighed and pulled her fadora on to protect her hair from the rain that was starting to fall.She didn't seem to notice the cold even though she was only wearing a black MSI tanktop and red fishnets on her arms. She walked up to the door of the large house,the heels of her black boots clicking on the steps. She knocked on the door and a girl of about twelve opened it. After telling the girl who she was she was let and while the girl,who'd introduced herself as Cassie went to find her 'Helper.'
Molly: Screw you Cookie
Jimmy: Sorry Mols that's my job ^.^

WhispersofMe
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mikaela on Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:41 am

Amanda climbed out of her car and straightened out her black skinny jeans and white t-shrt. She walked toward the entrance of Seafront house. She entered and requested Tyler Rho to a random person who said he would go get him for her. Amanda looked around, taking her surrondings happily. She wasn't surprised when all she could really see were white floors and blue walls. She knew that some kids were mentally unstable and it made the job all the more exciting for her. She looked down at her watch to see how long she had been there and tapped her foot impatiently, waiting for Tyler Rho to come downstairs. "Hurry up." She murmered.

When Tyler Rho finally came down he explained Seafront House to her and told her what she would be doing. Amanda nodded and waited now to meet her partner when a young girl walked in and talkedquietly to ayounger girl. She lookedon curiously as the younger girl went to go find the other girls 'helper.'
Team Lafox <33

Mikaela
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WhispersofMe on Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:22 am

Nona lent against the wall and gave the little girl a odd look when she came back by herself. Cassie smiled at her and pointed to the woman who had been talking to another man.Telling her that she was her helper. Nona pushed herself off the wall and walked over to the woman.

"Urm...hi. Are you Amanda?"

This was very odd to Nona. She wasn't good at meeting new people,then again she wasn't all that good at staying out of her own head and in reality for very long. She probabbly looked odd to this woman,red eyeshadow surronding her eyes and eyeliner crosses draw over them. She was veiwed as odd by alot of people thats why she didn't tend to like meeting new people.

WhispersofMe
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mikaela on Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:30 am

Amanda quickly turned her head when she heard her name. In front of her stood the girl she had been looking at. The girl was dressed in a simple MSI tanktop and red fishnets and Amanda found herself wondering how this girl wasn't cold. Amanda however, quickly snapped when she realized that it was the girl who had just said her name.

"That would be me. You must be Nona?" Amanda asked as she stuck out her hand for the girl to shake and let out her award winning smile.

Mikaela
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WhispersofMe on Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:02 am

Nona nodded and shook Amanda's hand with her own calloused one. She smiled slightly,it was rare someone was this inviting to her when they first met her,Then again she supposed that was the helpers job,to make the kids feel as welcome as possible whether they really liked them or not.
"So...um...do you know where my room is? So I can put my stuff away."

WhispersofMe
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mikaela on Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:23 am

"Nice to meet you." Amanda smiled again as she letgoofthe young girl's hand. "Uh...yeah its upstairs."Amanda said as she pulled out a crumpled piece of paper Mr. Rho had given her only moments ago. She gestured with her head for the very nervous girl to follow her upstairs. "Cute hat." She complimented as she looked at the Fedora that sat on the Nona's head. Amanda had to admit the hat was kind of cute. The girl had a unique style that Amanda found herself liking.

Mikaela
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WhispersofMe on Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:10 pm

Nona smiled, following Amanda up stairs. "Thanks my brother brought me it." Nona was coming to like this person,for trying to talk and be nice to her if nothing else. She hoisted the small backpack up on her shoulder and pulled the small suitcase up the stairs after her with a little trouble. She was starting to like this place a little,it was more peaceful than home at least.

WhispersofMe
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mikaela on Wed Oct 15, 2008 12:17 pm

"Really? How old is your brother if you don't mind me asking?" Amanda asked trying to start conversation with Nona. She was already liking this girl from what she could tell the girl was pretty cool. "I have an older brother myself." Amanda continued as they turned a hall on their way to Nona's room.

Mikaela
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WhispersofMe on Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:37 pm

Nona smiled,"Really? My brothers 23.Thats why he didn't have to come here." She was starting to like it here, Amanda seemed honestly interested. Maybe being here,away from the screaming and critasism of her parents wouldn't be so bad. Maybe she could even make some friends,or at the very least someone who didn't mind talking to her and didn't mind her warped little imagination that she lived in most of the time. That and the beach was close so she had somewhere to go to be inspired when she had writers block or couldn't think of what to draw.

WhispersofMe
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mikaela on Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:34 pm

"Wow looks like we have more in common than I first thought. My brother's 22." Amanda grinned as they came to a stop in the hallway in front of a door. In her head, Amanda was trying to figure out why Nona was here in the first place. The girl looked pretty normal and from Amanda could gather acted normal also. But Amanda wasn't complaining. She was interested in Nona. "Here's your room darling. Do you want to go in first or should I?" Amanda asked as she pointed to the doorknob and raised an eyebrow at Nona playfully.

Mikaela
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Roselite on Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:46 pm

((Jesus!))

Johanna was getting braver the longer she stared at the boy. As more people came in and pairred up, she stood up, walking to the stairs. She began to slowly pull her hair from it's plaits and braids, the blonde streaks from her natural hair shining through. She stood at the side of the stairs and put her hands on the step, and her chin over her hands. She smiled up at him.

"Are you, by any chance, Adrian Clarke?" She asked. Her smile turned to a small grin. "If so, I do beleive we've met. Johanna Anneliese Von Anderson. Ringin' any bells?"

Roselite
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ylanne on Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:12 pm

((Wow, I'm with Rosie, you should have told me earlier you started! :) Just kidding, all's cool))

Dr. Roselyn Whittaker finished filing her papers in her office, chewed the last of her apple thoughtfully, eating it all the way to the core, before placing it neatly with her compacted trash by the door. She waited at the threshold for a moment, hearing girls and boys' voices drifting up from downstairs. The children must have arrived.

She tucked a piece of hair absentmindedly behind her eay, then walked down the front steps into the lobby, a chidish like grin on her face. The teens were dispersing down the hallway and, no doubt, checking out their rooms. Dr. Rose walked into the small office and pushed the button for the intercom, the speakers for which were located in the hallways, dining room, and lobby.

"Welcome to Seafront House, everyone, if you've already taken your bags to your rooms, we're meeting in the front lobby just to get to know each other. Please be there in ten minutes. Thank you."
​“Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing.”
― Arundhati Roy

“The only way to survive is to take care of each other.”
― Grace Lee Boggs

“every day is another chance to practice living out the values that matter most to us. to be our best selves. to be the legacy we want to leave.”
― Mia Mingus

Ylanne
Groundskeeper
Groundskeeper
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Storyteller Beta Tester Builder Cult Leader Concierge Tipworthy Donated! Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Trix on Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:27 am

Johanna Anneliese Von Anderson... Vicious memories flooded back to Adrian. "Oh my word," Adrian gasped. "J-Jo, what on earth are you doing here?" He hadn't recognised her to begin with; her hair was different and she looked older, more... aware. He jogged up the stairs, sidestepped around Jo, and turned to help her up. "Johanna... what has the world done to you?" He offered his hand to the girl, and pulled her up, into a hug.

Asha sat in her corner, the book discarded beside her. She watched two girls talking by one of the room doors, and Johanna being pulled up some guy. Curious, she stood up, and edged closer. She leant over the back of the stair rail, looking at the pair directly opposite. Before either of them said anything, Asha walked towards her room, two doors down from where the other girls were. Instead of going in, however, she slid her back down the door and sat at the foot of the door. Her head was turned towards the two girls, and curiosity laced her expression.

Trix
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Roselite on Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:06 am

Johanna happily took his hand, and hugged him back. She pulled away at the same time as him to look at his face.

"'Got messed. I was with a gang, Adrian.We were all busted out by cops during a bit shootout, during a riot. The guys are in jail but they sent me here."

She reached up and pulled her now-lavender hair back away from her face.

Roselite
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Trix on Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:10 am

Adrian couldn't stop his jaw from dropping. This was a far cry from the Johanna he'd met.

"A gang?" This was all Adrian could say. "A-a-a gang?" He ran his hand through his hair. "Jeez, Jo, a shootout? W-with guns? After what happened?" It still stung to think about the events of four years ago. He shook his head. "Well, wouldn't you rather be here than in jail?" He sighed.

"I'd better go find my partner, Jo. I'm looking for a kid called Liam." Adrian looked around. "D'you know where I'll find him?"

Trix
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby WhispersofMe on Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:21 am

Nona smiled at Amanda."Could you open it? My hands are alittle full." It was true that with carrying a backpack,suitcase and guitar case she didn't really have any free hands but she probably would have asked Amanda to open it anyway.She was always a little hesitant with new places until she got to know them.This place was going to be interesting she was sure but right now she wanted to unpack and get used to the feel of the place.

WhispersofMe
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Roselite on Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:53 pm

Johanna ran her hand through her hair again too.

"Eh, it is better I guess, but I'm not sure why only I was sent here, yknow? Anyways, Li'l Liam's over in the corner... I guess he's trying to sleep or something."

Roselite
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Mikaela on Thu Oct 16, 2008 3:09 pm

"Of course I can." Amanda said cheerily as she twisted the knob on the door and opened it up. She stepped into the room and then gestured for Nona to follow her inside. Right at that moment an anouncement sounded saying that everyone was to be in the lobby in ten minutes. "How bout I help you pack so we can get this done a little faster?" Amanda offered with a small smile.

Mikaela
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!