Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Swords and Pixies open

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Swords and Pixies open

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Draruto on Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:14 am

Armageddon Cnyte sat in a worn out tavern, nursing a cold tankard of tea in his gloved hand. 'Tell me Azunia, was your death worth the sacrifice of our pixie daughter?' he coldly thought. He felt his daughter's crystallized heart rest against his thoart. Tapping it with a finger Armageddon pushed thoughts of Azunia from his mind as his daughter's magic warmed him ever so slightly. "You to baby, you to." he whispered softly, clinching the crystallized heart in a fist. A noise brings him out from his thoughts; glancing to see a female high mage and senior paladin standing there.
"Are you the one they call the Dark Crusader?" Armageddon heard the mage inquire. With slight tilt of his head he merely shrugged. "And if I was? Who's looking for me?" he replied, watching the two sit down. "I am Karai Blue and my guardian is Midnight Red Astrid, we are from The Knights of the Moonlight Oath. We were sent by our leader to request a meeting with you." Narrowing his gaze at that statement he coldly remembered his time in a similar guild with Azunia during the Guild Wars. "Given what I experienced in a guild similarly named to yours in the Wars, do you honestly except me to listen to anything your leader has to say?" Armageddon questioned coldly. Watching the two females consult a communication stone, he finished his tea and checked the time. 'About time to vacate and drift back to the frontier.' he mused, sighing inwardly.
Flashback
Armageddon, battered and emotionally broken, held on to the crystallized heart of his daughter as Azunia moved on with the remaining strike force to the Dread Guild's main base. Sliding down the upturned wagon he glanced up to see his assigned squire drop the Dark Blades at his feet. "Sir, I think it's time for you to go. You're no good here with the heavy magic burn you took." On autopilot, Armageddon grabbed the Blades and slowly go to his feet. "Don't worry about the guild, I handle them. You just vanish and heal." Turning Armageddon ran into the smoke crusted darkness, sending a prayer of thanks for the squire.
Present
Shaking that night from his mind he recovered his daughter's heart with the magic reinforced gorget. 'Should've known that I couldn't stay off the frontier forever. There are always people looking to use my Blades for one thing or another.' he thought, running a hand through his black hair. "Our leader would like you to at least hear him out.?" A groan bounced off his lips, as a voice chimed in. 'Damn it, here it goes again.' Armageddon thought. Standing up, he settled the Blades over with a small shrug and paid the cute tavern maid. "Fine. I'll hear him out, but if anything rubs me the wrong way. Your guild will be a smouldering wreck. Am I clear?" Once they nodded their understanding he followed them out. A quick glance upward told him that his two black fire dragons were on the move. 'Back to the frontier.' he mused, staying several feet behind the females.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Draruto
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Property Buyer Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: Swords and Pixies open

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby stealthpanther on Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:41 am

ImageMirela ignored any stares she got, passing all potential spectators with barely a thought as her emerald eyes scanned the crowds for a certain idiot. Ordinarily, she would take such an opportunity to perform on the busiest street corner in hopes of earning some coin, and just thinking of the lost profit caused her anger to grow. Damn that Luca! Were he not her best friend, she'd have had half a mind to beat him senseless.

Letting out an annoyed huff, she stormed into the already busy tavern, already prepared to start scolding her fellow gypsy and drag him from his hangout. To her dismay and annoyance, he seemed to be nowhere in sight, nor was he making small talk with a pretty tavern maid. "The hell did he go..." she muttered under her breath, turning on her heel and once more taking to the streets.

The next several minutes passed in much the same way, Mirela going around to any spot her friend was likely to frequent. About ready to give up on her search and go back to the camp for the time being, she caught sight of a trio of what looked to be able bodied fighters headed for a large building. More importantly, she saw an all too familiar brunette sneaking in steadily closer distances behind them.

Without a word, the redhead carefully stepped up behind the man, twisting one arm behind his back and silencing his shout with a hand clasped firmly over his mouth. Mirela hurried to drag him away from the trio and out of sight behind the building, not releasing her captive until they were well away from the entrance.

"Mirela! The hell was that for?! I was so close-" Luca began, already beginning to sport a cheshire cat grin in spite of his protests.
"You idiot! People hate us enough already, and you're out here trying to pickpocket?! We've talked about this!" Mirela snapped back with a harsh tone, lowering her voice in hopes of not being loud enough to draw any attention towards her or her companion.
"I didn't actually steal anything..."
"Then what the hell is this?" Mirela countered accusingly, holding up a small pouch of coins and an ornate buckle.
Luca shrugged, palms up in defeat as he let out a cheeky (albeit somewhat sheepish) smile. "Fair enough, but I didn't take those today, so I'm not lying."
Mirela let out an exasperated sigh, shaking her head at her old friend as he reclaimed his stolen goods from her hand.
"But seriously, they looked like they could afford to lose a trinket or two and not be the worse for wear..." Luca began nonchalantly, only to be met with a pair of wide eyes.
"Are you insane?! those people you were following are a part of the guild!" Mirela gasped, realizing what building they were hiding behind.
Current quote going on in my head:

"You look like a girl!"
"That's what I am, half-wit!"
"Yeah, but today you look it!"

Ever After

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

stealthpanther
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Draruto on Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:07 pm

Pausing as a sound reached his ears, Armageddon whistled to get the two KotMO members attention he motion for them to stay put. Seeing them nodding, he retraced his steps till he saw the source. Drawing one of his Dark Blades he brought the tip just under the male's chin. "You think stealing from a Guild Wars veteran, one of the most powerful of the Dark Crusade, is worth you life gypsy?" he asked, his tone the battle harden one that still squads of men. Turning his now harden gaze onto the female, "Tell me that you have more sense than this one?"

While waiting for an answer, he lets his gaze trail over the female. 'Most likely a gypsy by the way she's dressed. But a pretty one to boot. So I won't gut the male, just put the fear of the gods in him.' he mused. "Who are they?" Glancing back to see Karai and Astrid coming around the corner. "Gypsies, if her dress it's any indication. Think this one," gently poking the male's chin, "might have been trying to steal from us. Till he got stopped by her." Armageddon said as the KotMO members narrowed their gazes on the gypsies.

"We should..." Armageddon held his free hand out, "Don't think sending them to jail will change anything. They have to eat some how. So step back Astrid and let me handle this." Once the female guardian backed down, though he figured she will bring it again later, he heaved a soft sigh. 'I want my daughter back.' Armageddon thought, recalling a memory.
Flashback, weeks before the assault on the Dread Guild's base
Standing in the shadows as his daughter, in her natural pixie form, foliced with other young pixies in a secluded meadow. "She's good for you Armageddon. Her pure unconditional love tempers your raging protectiveness and darkness. Might even be effective than Azunia's love for you." Glancing to his daughter's uncle, who hovered just over his shoulder. "Maybe. But I wished that didn't have to take her into battle. She's to pure to have those nightmares." he states.

"True, but she chose you and Azunia as her new parents. So she must have seen something in you two that she was missing." Another point that Armageddon couldn't dispute, 'Only wish I knew what it was she saw in Azunia and me.' he thought. "PAPA!" Exiting the shadows at his daughter's happy call Armageddon watched her switch to her human form, which only came up to his throat. Catching her in his arms he felt her tighten her hold on him. "What baby?" he asked gently. "Nothing papa, just wanted to be with you." Grinning he cupped her head and pressed again his shoulder. "Alright baby, we can go." Drawing on his dark magic, he teleported them back to their modest two room house.
Present
Shaking his head once the memory finised Armageddon turnt his dark gaze skyward. 'Tell me Azunia, will I ever find another love and revive our daughter?' he wondered.

Draruto
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Property Buyer Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby stealthpanther on Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:28 am

Luca turned away from the redhead, still looking rather unfazed by his companion's words. "Relax, you worry too much. No one got hurt, and I didn't get any loot anyway.." the male was quickly cut off by the sight of a very obviously pissed off warrior, and he let out a startled yelp upon having a blade pointed in his direction. Usually it was nothing more than a dagger waved at him, but this was enough to render him frozen in place. Luca's grin finally faltered, leaving a very uncomfortable expression in it's place. If anything, he looked about ready to soil himself were he to be any more startled and afraid.

"H-hey, take it easy! I didn't steal nothin', just like I was telling the missy here...I didn't know you were that high and mighty a warrior and all...look, just lay off on the sword!" Luca tried, attempting to slowly back away from the blade's tip in an effort to distance it from his neck.

Mirela gasped at being so suddenly accosted, even though it was Luca the man was angry with. She swallowed hard, wishing with all her might she wasn't scared out of her wits. But she was, and it showed. Managing to keep herself standing on shaking knees, her eyes locked onto the point of the blade so dangerously close to her friend's skin. The cold gaze and the harsh tone sent a tremor down her spine, going stiff as he turned that steely glare on her.

"I-I don't steal if that is your meaning..." she said, trying in vain to keep her voice from shaking. She inwardly cringed at how pathetic she sounded. Taking a deep breath to steady her nerves, Mirela prepared to defend her friend when she saw the other two who were with the strange soldier appear. Their exchange was observed with an anxious gaze, tensing and letting out a soft sound of protest as the sword tapped Luca's chin. To her relief, the veteran soldier did no more than that, but she dared not relax yet. These were people from the Knights of the Moonlight Oath, the most esteemed guild there was...

"He won't steal anything! I'll keep a better eye on him..." Mirela tried, not liking the expressions on the faces of the two women. But the man, was he really not suggesting throwing them in jail? She was surprised to hear him sympathize with their need to have the means to buy food, though her surprise turned back into uncertainty as he continued. If jail wasn't on his mind, what punishment might he enforce in it's place? She wasn't sure she wanted to know.

Karai frowned in disapproval, glancing at Armageddon with a clear question in her eyes. These were gypsies- little more than highway bandits. There was no reason not to imprison them. But she heeded his words for now, sharing a look with Astrid.

stealthpanther
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Draruto on Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:40 am

"Good. Just remember while I understand the reason for choice of getting by, but if either you try to take anything from me or the Knights of the Moonlight Oath members, I will make you my next offering of The Reaper. Am I clear?" Armageddon states. Sheathing the Dark Blade he give Karai a sideways glance. "They do what they have to survive. Not everyone is lucky to be born into royalty or high middle class. So keep your highbrow attitude to yourself." he told Karai. Returning his gaze to the female gypsy he ordered, taking care to soften his tone, "Names, now."

Astrid, pondering Armageddon's words, stared at Karai and gave a small nod. While she held the same thoughts about gypsies as most people, she sometimes thought to much on topics that were universally accepted. 'How can he be so understanding on this?' she asked. Glancing about to check for any other threats, she notice a glimmer from Armageddon's gorget. "May I ask where you got that gorget?" Astrid inquired. "During the final battle of the Guild Wars. It keeps my adopted pixie daughter's crystalized heart whole." With her jaw dropped, Astrid stared at Armageddon.

"An orphaned pixie chose me and Azunia for her new parents." Armageddon said in response to the guardian's unvoiced question. Settling his gaze on the gypsies, he came to a decision about what to do with them. "Both of you with stay with me till I say otherwise. Plus I'll pay you for services done for me." he said, tossing them a heavy coin each. Preempting Astrid with a glare, "I haven't agreed to help your guild yet Miss Guardian." Seeing the frown deepen momentarily before vanishing. "Lets continue before I change my mind." he added.

Draruto
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby stealthpanther on Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:56 am

Karai frowned, feeling more than just a tad insulted at the reprimand. High class or otherwise, everyone knew gypsies were nothing but trouble! Yet he thought to chastize her? She folded her arms over her chest and decided not to say anything on the matter, glancing over at Astrid's question. "I haven't a clue..." she muttered softly, glancing suspiciously at the two gypsies.

Only when the man withdrew and sheathed his weapon did Mirela begin to relax, letting out a breath she hadn't realized she'd been holding. She nodded at his warning, not doubting him in the slightest. She had a feeling he wasn't the type to make empty threats. His inquiry was met with a puzzled look, wondering why on earth he cared for their names? "My name? It's Mirela." she answered him, glancing over at her companion and delivering a slight kick to the back of his shins when she caught his eyes lingering on the two female warriors. Luca was a fan of women and all things shiny. Granted, he would never hurt a lady- (she wouldn't be his friend if he did), but he liked to look all the same, and he enjoyed female company. And oggling two very displeased looking fighter's was not a good idea.

Luca flinched, shooting a glare at the redhead as she introduced him as well. "My idiot friend is Luca..."

She had no time to consider asking why the man wanted their names when he began to speak with the women behind him. Mirela debated using the opportunity to sneak away, but she found herself curious about the gorget as well, it's design not a standard one. Like his companions, her eyes widened at his answer, regarding him with a sense of wonder. She'd never seen a pixie before (or at least she was fairly certain she hadn't), and yet this man was seen as a father figure to one? What manner of man was this warrior?

Thinking she couldn't possibly experience any more surprise and bewilderment in one day, the crusader proved her wrong by tossing her and Luca a coin each. He was giving them money? But why? She nearly dropped it as his words registered in her brain, parting her lips to speak. "S-stay with you? But, what could you possibly want from us?" she asked incredulously, looking from the coin in her hand back up to the dark warrior.

The prospect of pay was highly tempting, but this was unprecedented. What could he possibly expect her or Luca to do for him? He seemed more than capable of getting things done, or at commanding others. Was this a trick? Was he really not going to punish them? Unless this was a punishment in itself. And if he did truly want them to stay within his company, how long did he anticipate keeping them?

"You can't be serious!" Karai exclaimed, disbelief in her eyes as she watched Armageddon toss a coin to each gypsy. "He tried to steal from you, and you're rewarding him?"

stealthpanther
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Draruto on Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:27 pm

"Not rewarding, buying skills that I don't have. They blend in better than I do, plus do you know a better to watch and make sure they don't steal your valuables?" Moving forward Armageddon saw the Knights of the Moonlight Oath's headquarters appear. Sighing heavily, he watched recuits mill about and subconsciously touched his daugther's heart. "You shouldn't have died baby." he whispers to himself. Pausing near an open gate he slowly shook his head. 'Still hurts, even after all this time.' he mused. "Are yo...." "Not your concern Astrid. It's my burden to shoulder and no one change the past." Armageddon states, cutting Astrid off.

Astrid, stopping herself from drawing her rune covered greatsword, heard the pain in his voice. 'How does he stand it? Losing both of the people he cared deeply for.' she thought, not realizing that it was telegraphed across her face. "Again not your concern." Letting the topic drop, Astrid glanced towards Karai and tilted her head at Armageddon. 'Have you meet Guild Wars veterans like him before? Holding their hurt close to their chest.' Deciding to not bother Armageddon again until it was necessary, Astrid wonder if this quest was going to end happily for everyone.

Once his momentary pity party finished, Armageddon entered the great hall and stopped in the middle. As probing magic encumbrances him, he stared at the man who sat the throne. "Armageddon Cnyte, son of southern royalty, wielder of the Dark Blades, the Dark Crusader, second of the Dark Crusade, consort of Azunia the Healing Berserker, father of the pixie Yukina, and part time follower of the war god called the Reaper." As the stone high pixie statue finished his titles, he crossed his hands behind. "What do you want to ask of me, guild leader?" he inquired as his tone defaulted to his second role inflection.

Waiting for an answer Armageddon heard the other fall in behind him.

Draruto
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby stealthpanther on Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:31 am

Karai still looked doubtful, but she didn't argue the point any further. Instead, she glanced over at her fellow guild member, noting the look on her face even before Astrid marveled at the unusual and mysterious veteran. She shook her head, confirming what she was sure Astrid already knew: she had never met a veteran quite like Armageddon. No one had, of that she was fairly certain.

Mirela, still keeping an eye on her friend, pocketed the newly acquired coin into a small coin pouch tucked into her belt. Despite her puzzlement at the sudden turn of events, she followed behind the dark clad warrior, silently appraising him as much as she could. She thought she heard him mutter under his breath, shouldn't have...something. He touched the gorget once more, so Mirela assumed he must be thinking about the pixie, his daughter. As he cut off one of the females, she noted his tone and his words. 'A tragedy then...something involving his daughter.' she thought, feeling a pang of empathy for the stranger. Most likely a death if she were to guess.

Soon enough, the group was inside the headquarters, and the gypsy woman silently admired her surroundings, somehow able to appreciate some of the detail despite her unease. Luca's eyes naturally locked onto anything shiny or female, feasting his eyes on potential treasures until a slight tug on his ear brought his attention forward.

Armageddon's introductory greeting was met with two very different reactions. Luca frowned the instant 'royalty' left the leader's lips, causing him to fold his arms across his chest and let out a soft snort of derision. Royalty were brats, and they never took kindly to gypsy folk. The sentiment was returned in spades, the brunette harboring rather unpleasant thoughts and opinions regarding nobility.

Mirela, by contrast, looked rather awestruck by the description of the man, her gaze lingering on him as she absorbed this new information. Clearly this man was well-known and important. Now she was even more puzzled as to why he decided she and Luca were to accompany him.

The guild leader fixed his eyes on Armageddon, taking a step closer as he began to speak. "There have been a string of senseless murders. Slaughters, rather..."
Karai frowned, wondering why on earth such a thing required they seek out Armageddon. She knew the guild leader had a special undertaking he specifically wanted the Dark Crusader to accept, but she was unaware of the details. But a murderer was something she and Astrid were more than capable of handling...

"They look to be the work of a certain knight gone rogue. He ended up having a strong lust for killing and bloodshed."

Again, nothing she and Astrid or someone else from the guild couldn't handle. Karai felt about ready to interject, beginning to feel a tad insulted.

"However, the knight in question is dead. He was executed for high treason and murder."

stealthpanther
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Draruto on Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:46 am

'A knight, a veteran probably, to long in the field, also disenfranchised with the ruling class.' he thought. Armageddon recalled all the knights he knew from the wars, seeing if any fit what he was just told. Panels constructed of magic revolved around him to quickly for anyone but the most proficient mages could even read. Narrowing his gazes as panels faded away, he turned and began to gesture with his hand. Grouping and rearranging those knights that corresponded with the facts, while simultaneously discarding those that didn't. "Did the knight have a title that he known by on the field?" he asked.

Astrid, surprised and forgetting where she was for a moment, turned to Karai and said, "Can you do that?" "Probably, if she needed help visualizing something." Letting her gaze return to Armageddon, Astrid shook her head once she remembered where she was. "Is it difficult to do?" she inquired. "Not really, almost like watching scrying mirrors. Just without the worry of the mirrors breaking."

Draruto
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby stealthpanther on Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:00 pm

The leader nodded, watching as Armageddon visually sorted through his knowledge and thoughts, images of countless knights swirling around the veteran. "Indeed. He was once known as Cathair the Noble Arrow. He has, obviously, lost the honorable title as well as his life when he was executed." Folding his hands behind his back, the leader paced in front of the group. "Whoever is doing this, I want them in chains. The killings have been occurring with increasing frequency."

Mirela let out a soft gasp at the visual display, trying in vain to keep up with what was being projected. She rarely saw magic performed first hand, and she had never seen such advanced magic as this. Who was this Armaggeddon? Even the warriors accompanying him seemed impressed, so she reasoned this must be uncommon magic.
The guild leader's words cut through her amazement, a shiver going down her spine at the thought. Someone was butchering people at random, and apparently doing so at a steadily increasing rate. It was more than just a little unnerving.

stealthpanther
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Draruto on Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:52 am

'Cathair, figured.' he thought as the magical panels faded out. "I will find whoever is doing. But I won't be taking prisoners. As I'm sure the person who is behind this will not follow the rules. I am taking the man's head and crushing it under my armored boot heel. No ifs, ands, or buts about it, sir. Anyone who delve into necromancy are not worth the time to house him in the jailhouse." Armageddon states, his battle tone lacing through his voice. Sighing deeply, he saw the darkness that cloaked his soul ripple softly. As if it sensed the coming battle and was a blaze with anticipation.

'Will I ever find a light to brighten my soul again?' he mused, turning from the leader to face the exit. A dull distant expression settled over his face as he stared over the others towards the exit and the world beyond it's threshold. As his gaze skimmed Mirela, he paused suddenly when a strange thought came to him. 'For second, I thought saw Azunia's face superimposed on Mirela's. But that's impossible.' he mused. But it ligered a few moments longer before fading completely. Armageddon shook his head to clear it of the residual emotions that clung to his soul. Picking spot outside to focus on, he went about shoring up the palisades that enclosed his heart. "Azunia." Armageddon unconsciously whispered, seeing her face in his mind. Shutting his eyes for a moment, he replayed a memory of a happier time, that took place during a rare lull in the war, before returning to reality. Glancing back to the leader Armageddon asked, "Is that all you wanted for me?"

Astrid saw and heard the lost in Armageddon. Choosing to not comment, she went and stood next to him. "I'd like to accompany him sir. If that is alright with you?" she said, seeing Armageddon glancing at her. "Dark alone, darker together." Astrid answered his unasked with the Dark Crusade's motto. "How?" "Older cousin joined post Wars and was active before she met her husband and got pregnant with her twins not long after that." she replied, glancing to Karai. She had, at the time, ridiculously bribed her travel companion to go with her. Even it had been during the most revered month on the spell calendar for mages. 'But it was worth it, in my opinion.' she added, hiding a smile with her hand.

Draruto
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby stealthpanther on Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:50 am

The leader pursed his lips, inwardly admitting that the Dark Crusader had a very valid argument. No, such people were not worth keeping alive, though the show of force and intolerance against them in a public execution would be satisfying. Make an example of them, as it were. Though as rewarding as the successful execution of justice was, it would be equally embarrassing to have to kill the same criminal twice. With a curt nod, he acquiesced the knight's condition. "Very well."

The leader glanced over at Astrid as she requested to accompany Armageddon, his brow quirked ever so slightly. He didn't see any reason to deny her, though he had his doubts as to whether or not the Dark Crusader would agree to such a thing.

"And I would like to assist them as well, if I may, sir." Karai added, glancing over at her companion with a nod of her own. If she were to work with anyone, she'd rather it be Astrid. Besides, the thought of some necromancer on the loose didn't sit well with her in the slightest. She wanted to personally be involved in getting rid of any such individuals.

The leader regarded the two women in silence for a moment, already going over current issues and members in his mind. At the present time, he didn't need them to do anything else, and he had asked them to go and find Armageddon in the first place. Finally, he nodded and gestured they go on ahead. "You may go, should he accept your company." he said, ready to see them go. The sooner they got to work, the sooner the issue could be resolved.

"Excuse me, but what the hell are we doing here?" came an irate drawl, Luca standing with his arms folded across his chest, scorn in his features. "Why do I care about your quests and your bureaucratic nonsense? Seriously, I'd like to go back to living my life thanks, or is that not allowed any more?"

Mirela cursed under her breath, tugging Luca behind her in annoyance. Damn that mouth of his! "Luca! Shut up, are you trying to get yourself put in irons?!" she hissed at him, looking around warily at the occupants in the room. This was bad. She had no doubt the others would not tolerate her friend's outburst with good graces. She only hoped she could protect him as best she could.

[[sorry this took so freaking long]]

stealthpanther
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Draruto on Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:01 pm

Armageddon turnt his glare onto Luca, as subdued anger flared in his eyes. Unconsciously drawing on Dark Crusade specific magic, he rapidly faded from view only to appear with Luca in his grip. Lifting the male gypsy bodily by his neck, not strangling but firmly enough to hold him, Armageddon stared directly in Luca's eyes. "Why should you care, stupid boy? Because if a necromancer murders enough people, he could take over the world and make it an inescapable hell for everyone that are gods fearing folks. Which. Includes. Gypsies." he states, as his voice trembled with power and darkness.

Bringing the gypsy's face closer to his, he silently growled. "And remember that I didn't send you to jail for what you were considering doing earlier." Dropping the gypsy, he glanced towards Mirela and looks into her emerald gaze. "Council you friend, his attitude will get him in jail if it shows up again. Unlike others with royality, I will tolerate a lot of crap. But there are limits to what I will take." he adds, leashing his tone to a somewhat monotone level. Closing his dark eyes, turnt and walked towards the exit. Grasping his daughter's crystallized heart in a tight grip, Armageddon felt his mind drift away.

Astrid, taking a moment to collect after seeing Armageddon fade and reappear, wished wholeheartedly that she could utilize magic like that. But the magic gene skipped her and went to her sister. "Remind to never get his bad side." she murmurs, trotting after Armageddon. 'I barely saw him move. He was so fast.' she mused. "Mirela, Karai, we're leaving." Hearing that from Armageddon, Astrid caught up and fell in step with him. "Where to first?" she inquired. "Where the people were killed. I want any information that might have been missed by the city watchmen." 'Smart move.'

Draruto
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby stealthpanther on Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:20 am

About to attempt to defend her passionate, albeit not exactly tactful friend, Mirela didn't even have a chance to open her mouth before Luca was in Armageddon's grip, being held by the neck no less. Letting out a gasp, her eyes widened in shock- she hadn't even seen him move! Instinctively, she withdrew a small dagger from her belt, though she showed no indication of being ready- or even able to, attack. She carried it at all times to use as a tool and as self preservation. But despite how quick she was to draw it, she had never once used it on a person- and it showed. She watched in concern as Luca struggled to free himself of the firm grip.

Luca didn't even get to let out a cry as he had when first accosted by the knight. He made no attempt to argue, though his eyes showed first shock, then frustration. His pride was wounded, and his disdain for the crusader sunk to a new depth. Jaw clenched, Luca glared as fiercely as he could manage- cursing his body for betraying fear and weakness. He wasn't stupid enough to go head to head with such an experienced fighter or do anything to make the man tighten his grip- but he was oh so tempted to.
Coughing and rubbing his neck once he was released, Luca leveled a scornful gaze at the taller man's back, resisting the urge to curse or make a rude gesture at his retreating form. He shoved his hands into his pockets even as they balled into fists.

Mirela bit her lip at Armageddon's warning, glancing between him and Luca. She often 'counseled' her friend, though there was only so much he would accept. While he did at least make an effort to heed her words in regards to regular people, she doubted in her heart of hearts that he would ever listen to her when it came to nobility and the ruling classes. That was how he was, and she knew nobles would never be seen with anything other than scorn in Luca's eyes.
Putting away her dagger, Mirela followed after the Dark Crusader as she was instructed, fully aware of the very watchful gaze of a certain mage. She did her best to pay it no mind, dragging her friend behind her.

Karai was ready the instant she saw the dagger, and despite the girl's obvious inexperience, she wasn't about to let her guard down completely. She relaxed her posture only when the small weapon was safely away, but even then, the mage kept a suspicious gaze upon the gypsies. 'I knew they weren't to be trusted.' she thought, casting a glance over towards Astrid as she followed the paladin and Armageddon. She nodded at Astrid's musings, inclined to agree with the sentiment. "Likewise. Even for me, that was beyond my capabilities..." she admitted softly, marveling at the speed and ease with which the crusader moved and acted. 'Who is this guy?'

stealthpanther
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Draruto on Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:00 am

Upon reaching the first murder sceene two hours later, delayed by the city watchmen's chief who tried to bar them but changed his tune after a swift blow to his stomach. Armageddon scanned everything, picking up and noting Cathair's signatures he knew from the few quests they had during the Wars. Going to where the body was found, he knelt and sent a silent prayer before resting his opened hand in the dried blood. "Karai, scry the area for anything I didn't see. Astrid, talk to the people on that list from the watchmen again. Mirela, please find the street performers and talk with them. Doubt the watchmen met with any of them, they could've saw something the crowd didn't."

"Got it." Hearing Astrid say as she jogged off, Armageddon closed his eyes. "Mornië, tán- me i faire -o i eala associated as sina blood." he said in high pixie. His magic entwined with that of crystallized heart as watch the murder from the beginning in his mind. Keeping his disgust locked in so he didn't break the connection, more details were seen and saved for later thought. 'Cathair definitely did this, but there's more to this. He's under someone command, and that person is well versed in the dark crafts.' he mused.

Draruto
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby stealthpanther on Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:28 am

The scene was no less shocking to see than when it had been fresh- in fact, it was almost worse. The sickly smell of old and dried blood, the beginnings of decay, and the eerie silence made the atmosphere much more grim. In spite of being battle-hardened and familiar with death, Karai still cringed slightly at the scene. The man had been all but butchered- a thought that made her spine crawl even more with the knowledge that the man was a butcher. Said victim was a single man without a family, and it looked as though he had been closing up his shop for the day when he met his violent and untimely death. By now, the meat he had available for purchase had surely begun to sour- untouched since the incident.

Karai gave Armageddon a nod before closing her eyes, chanting softly under her breath as she reached for her pendant. Clutching the crystal in one hand, her chanting grew softer until she was silent, her visions unseen to all but her. Finally, she opened her eyes, shuddering slightly. "He didn't just have his chest slashed open...the killer took something. I think it's the heart...or possibly a bone on that side..."

Mirela and Luca were visibly disturbed by the violence of the crime. Staring in apparent horror, the gypsy girl almost missed Armageddon's instructions due to her mortification. Catching his voice just in time, she heard him mention street performers. Thankfully, she didn't need to ask him to repeat himself, catching the relevant part of her objective. "Alright.." she murmured, turning to leave and dragging Luca along behind her.

"Even if the watchmen bothered to ask, not like any of them would talk." Luca snorted derisively. Mirela silenced him with a look, prompting the male to roll his eyes. "It's true!" he argued, letting out an annoyed huff.

Soon though, he nudged his friend and leaned close in a conspiratorial whisper. "We can run right now y'know? Get lost and be rid of Mr High and Mighty and leave his ass in the dust! Not like we're obligated to listen to him just cause he gave us a single coin."
"But he said he'd be willing to pay us, and I'm pretty sure we both appreciate some well-earned coin."
Luca shook his head, anger in his eyes as he thought of Amageddon. "And how in the hell do we know he'll keep to that? Besides, I don't ned any help from a royal brat!"
"Keep it down, Luca!" Mirela urged, glancing about warily lest Armageddon or the two guild members were nearby.

-------

The two were back within the next twenty minutes, and to Luca's dismay, Mirela had chosen not to run off. "They didn't have much to say. But they all seemed to recall a shady looking character the day before, hanging out at the local tavern. Apparently whoever it was wore a heavy cloak and didn't really talk. Also, the stranger was gone the morning the body was discovered. And apparently a town over reported seeing the same figure, and an entire family was killed and eviscerated at their farm..." Mirela said, a shudder going down her spine at the thought. What kind of madman did these sorts of things?

stealthpanther
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Draruto on Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:50 am

Armageddon nods as he took those bit of information in and added to what he learn from his magical dip in the victim's blood. Breaking the connection Armageddon cleansed his hand and stood. "Cathair is likely under someone's command. He's meerly a dead puppet." he states, making sure to not look at Luca. 'Mustn't wring the gypsy's neck. No matter how much I want to.' he mused. Taking a breath he turnt his gaze to Mirela, he could almost see her unasked question flicker over her face.

"You rather not know what kind of person would revel in complete carnage. Seen more than anyone aught to during the Wars, some were decent people before it started. But they changed not long after and now have demons that regular people wouldn't have to deal with. Be happy that you never had to deal with I have." he said before leaving the scene. Pausing, Armageddon sent up a silent prayer and noting the store's name. "Roadtrip." he murmurs. Pivoting on his heels he heads straight towards the outer markets. Recalling that his favorite gypsy caravan, the Silver Goose clan, was preparing to head in the direction of the next town. 'Yeah might be able to catch a ride.

Meeting Astrid about halfway, he listened to her. What she had wasn't much more than what he learned from the scene, but he did learn that whoever is controlling Cathair. Also is controlling another Wars veteran's corpse. "No prisoners." Armageddon growled low in his throat. "We are going?" "Going to see if I can get us a ride from a traveling caravan I know from the Wars." he replied, reaching the markets. It take long before the Silver Goose's lead wagon driver found. "Geddon! How are you?" Matching the gypsy's meeting geasture with his own, Armageddon hugged the man.

"Been better..." he said before breaking in his accented traveling Gypsy.

Astrid, shocked and curious, watched Armageddon chat with the male gypsy in his own language. "He's a curious fellow." she thought, hearing Karai and the gypsies come in behind her.

Draruto
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby stealthpanther on Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:52 am

Luca managed to keep his mouth shut, simply rolling his eyes should the dark crusader glance his way. He was behaving- if only for Mirela's sake. No matter what she said, he could not, and would not, look at any noble with anything less than contempt. Even so, he struggled to maintain some sort of indifference, hard though it was. He didn't even dare acknowledge the viciousness of the crime or the eerie feeling it gave him to see this level of carnage. Mouth drawn into a thin line, he kept his arms folded across his chest and merely hovered near his friend.

Mirela glanced over at the taller male in surprise, the veteran crusader answering her wandering thoughts even without her voicing them. Sure, she supposed such thoughts wouldn't be uncommon for regular folk such as herself, but could he truly read her so easily? His words were sobering to say the least, and she nodded in understanding. Of course, she had no doubt war and chaos would change people. She also had no trouble believing that they had seen things no one should. But even so...if people changed so drastically on a regular basis, would there not be a higher occurrence of brutal and overly savage slayings? Would such things not make a person more sensitive to the frailty of life and only further the desire to not see such horrors again?

Following Armageddon and Astrid, the young gypsy woman found herself even more surprised to see their group being led towards a caravan. A gypsy caravan no less! Witnessing the driver greet the dark warrior with a casual and friendly manner was a sight in itself. Did this man not shun the gypsy folk as so many did, but actually saw them as people, and not as ruffians? The idea that he wasn't just buying her and Luca's assistance, that he might actually value them and other gypsies as human beings in their own right- it was an admittedly reassuring thought. Without realizing it, Mirela smiled at the sight of the seasoned war veteran conversing casually with a fellow gypsy. She didn't even notice Luca's suspicious glare, the younger male not about to start trusting Armageddon.

Karai all but ignored the gypsies following them, deciding that so long as they were not acting in a threatening manner or trying to sabotage the guild members, she could tolerate their presence. Somewhat. She walked up to Astrid as Armageddon stopped, about to ask who he was talking to when she recognized the caravan as being a gypsy one. More gypsies?! The mage looked over at her friend, disbelief in her eyes. "He's friends with a gypsy? And speaks their language?" she asked incredulously, watching the exchange with an uncertain expression. She was not used to dealing with the gypsy folk, and most she had heard of or seen had been either rude or a nuisance.

stealthpanther
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Draruto on Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:32 am

Raising a hand to stop Armageddon mid speach, the older gypsy looked over to Astrid and Karai, "He saved our women and children from over zealous royals and bounty hunters during the Wars. So I decided to make my honorary son." Armageddon rolled his eyes at that, "And for the occasional paid rides I take with you when our paths cross." he added as the male laughed wholeheartedly. "True enough, so what brings you my way son?" "Someone has been playing the dead and is causing strife for the Knights. Their leader sent them to get me to handle it for him."

See the male shakes his head, Armageddon nods in response to the unspoken statement. 'I am the only one with the required skills to deal with necromancers.' he thought as a high pitched squeal rung out. Turning in time to catch a running young girl, he picked her up and felt her hug him. "Yukina Romie, what have I told you about bothering him?" "Relax Demona, I don't mind. She's just happy to see me." he replied while Yukina settled on to his arm. Facing the tall and curvy gypsy that was Yukina's mother, Armageddon grasped her forearm and bumped shoulders.

"It's good to see you again brother." Hearing that from Demona, and knowing she meant from the bottom of her heart, Armageddon gently squeezed. "You to." he whispers softly. Breaking the embrace, and seeing her pat his shoulder, he watched as the expression changed in her face. 'As the perceptive one when it came to me.' he thought. "Give me a couple hours to finish up and I'll take you." Nodding, he turned and saw three other female gypsies coming his way. Bowing his head in greeting Armageddon saw their gaze settle on Luca. "Geddon." "Moirai." he said.

"Who's that?" Being used to their weird synchronized tri-speaking habit, Armageddon didn't look back as he said, "He's Luca, doesn't much care for my heritage." Watching them move in unison towards Luca, he had an idea what they were planning to do with him. 'Extended happy ending, not my problem.' he mused. "Come with us Luca."

Armageddon, after chuckling at the sight of Luca being firmly pushed and pulled towards Moirai's shared wagon, glanced at Mirela and said, "Luca will be fine with them. He won't be hurt, just thoroughly exhausted and possibly bowlegged when they're finished with him at night's end."

Astrid, after watching and assimilating everything, matched her gaze with her friend. "Sure he has his reason for learning their language Karai. Just keep an open mind and who knows, we might learn something more positive about them."

Draruto
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby stealthpanther on Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:24 pm

Kairai took in her friend's words, nodding despite some lingering uncertainty. True, she didn't try to be a close-minded fool. Old habits and ideas were hard to change though, so she supposed she was going to take quite a bit more persuasion than Astrid to feel comfortable around gypsy folk. They didn't have a good reputation anyway, ad she never was one to like being compared to or categorized based on who she was seen with. It would take some serious getting used to.

Luca and Mirela watched Armageddon converse with the other gypsies, each marveling at him for different reasons. Luca looked dubiously at the gypsies being so affectionate with the dark crusader, wondering why these folk seemed to trust him and buy into his good guy act.
Mirela by contrast, found herself smiling at the sight of the cheerful little girl running up to the mysterious man as if greeting a favorite uncle. Armageddon had saved them before? More and more, this crusader was becoming less foreboding and unapproachable of a figure. Sure, he was a mystery, but he didn't seem all that different than a regular man.

The approach of the other gypsies- namely the three women, cut into the two friends' musings. Luca's eyes appraised each of them with slight interest, thinking them pretty little things to be sure. But why on earth were they looking at him and speaking in some uncanny synchronized rhythm? They didn't look ready to slap him or anything, nor had he done anything to offend them (otherwise, Mirela would surely whack him upside the head). He liked the attention of a pretty lady as much as the next man, but should he be suspicious? Especially if they were friendly towards the royal...?

Luca scowled at Armageddon, tempted to retaliate with a rude gesture when the three approached him and began to tug him along with them. Startled and at a loss, he shook his head, protesting in spite of how otherwise charming the gypsies appeared. "Oy! The hell we going? Why should I come with you?" Luca nudged at one of them in order to disengage her, looking at each in turn to try and figure out what they wanted from him. "Look missies, just what in the hell is going on?"

Mirela looked about ready to protest, concern for her friend evident in her features (though him being surrounded by and jostled by pretty girls was probably nothing short of a dream in her friend's mind). She glanced over at Armageddon as he tried to reassure her. The young woman glanced back and forth between her friend and the crusader, uncertainty and a slightly puzzled expression in her eyes. "Bowlegged...?" she repeated, trying to figure his meaning. There were very few things that would induce such a posture, and each was rather unpleasant or embarrassing to think about. Would some men hurt him? Or...
Mirela bit her lip even as her cheeks began to darken at the thoughts plaguing her imagination.

stealthpanther
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!