Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat β€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Climax of A Place to Call Home

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

The Climax of A Place to Call Home

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DemiKara on Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:23 pm

Hope stood in front of her family, and wrapped her arms around her children, kissing first Henry's head, then Rachel's. It would be dangerous, what she was about to do. The shifter stood, and looked to the protector that Kendra had suggested. They were in the living room, temporarily headquarters for the operation. Though she had a feeling Kendra would be Not Pleased if it was so for long. A floor plan on the castle was on the coffee table, but Hope paid it no mind. A portal, large, looming, and glowing waited behind her. She didn't want to go through at all, but they had to finish this. It wasn't fair for her to live in happiness while her fellow Lights suffered so.

"Keep them safe. I don't anticipate any attack against our home, but I would not be surprised. I showed you where the control room was. The tank is an AI; you'll be able to turn it on there, along with the other defenses. If someone attacks, get the kids and Kendra to the safe room first. I don't care if the rest of the place is leveled, they are far more important."

She hugged and kissed her children one last time, before gently ushering them to their temporary protector's side. Then she turned to Kendra and embraced her in a tight hug, clearly upset to be leaving her. "I love you, my dear heart. Please stay safe for me? You've worked so hard, designing all we needed to manage this successfully. I promise, promise on my heart, I will come back safe, sound, and healthy, okay?"

She gently kissed Kendra, her heart breaking. She didn't want to let her love go, or to go herself, but she would not make her troops fight without her. Now, she turned her attention to Whistle, Blade, Winnie, and Snow. "It's almost time. I've set the rebellions on the colonies off. My officers on each world hosting a rebellion know what to do. They'll serve as a distraction for much of the Warriors. The Traveler's are on lock down. Only the Queen or I will be able to lift this lock down." She sent a tight smile to Winnie.

"You know the plan. Whistle and I shall change into each other on arrival. I, Blade, and Winnie will head to the throne room. It won't be easy, as the portal can't get us within palace grounds, but it can be done. No matter what happens, Winnie must get to the throne. I'm afraid we'll be without back up. I'm hoping to get us there without attracting attention. Once on the throne, Winnie and Blade will be the legal rulers, Winnie as our Queen, and Blade, King and First Dark."

She shook her head, and ran a hand through her hair. "Whistle, disguised as myself,” Or rather, Hope pretending she was Whistle disguised as Hope, though Snow did not know this. "And Snow will seek out Talon. I believe that Talon will seek me out. Whistle has been practicing and should be able to pass as me long enough to get close to stab him with the chemical that should induce a coma." She took a deep breath and smiled at Snow, she smiled tight, strained, but still there.

"While this is happening, my generals will lead an uprising on Erutino. We are hoping that the shock of being attacked by Lights will keep the casualties low." She took a deep breath.

"I know the original plan was for my double,” She nodded to Whistle, who knew the true plan "to call on Talon for the final meeting he was promised. However, he kidnapped Snow, and I cannot allow that to pass. This way is, perhaps, not as safe, but it should work."

"Bow, we're likely going to need a healer on standby. I don't trust anyone else to heal my family, and make no mistake, you guys are it." She met all of their eyes, minus Kendra's choice of a homer protector. She was, perhaps, a tad jealous. "We will survive this. Our foe is crafty, and I doubt that he would care if he disabled us, at any point before death. We are each too connected to him for him to go through with his desire for our death." There was an unspoken 'for now.' They all knew of Talon's research.

"Steph, you'll be attacking the research facility you discovered at this time. Try to get rid of any data, without the loss of life. If possible, find out if there are more. Winnie can shut them down on her own soon enough, but I believe leveling it should get the point across."

Goddesses above bless, it would work. Please! The woman, dressed in her rarely worn combat fatigues, and goggles resting on her head, waiting to be fixed in front of her eyes, glanced at her waiting party. "I know it's complicated, and horrible. I don't anticipate getting into the palace itself to be difficult. But once in the halls, I doubt that Talon would have any but his own most elite and loyal soldiers preventing access to the throne room. He has spies, he likely knows of the mating."

"I don't doubt he has somehow found a way to become a competent fighter, so soon. No doubt he will cheat like the devil himself to manage this." It was going to be hard for her and Snow, or rather 'Whistle' and Snow. "I am hoping he won't have the audacity to attack my home once it becomes clear what is happening. I do not trust him." Her eyes narrow on this protector of the home while she and the Darks were gone. "However, should he harm on hair on my children's head, or his mean come within twenty feet of my mate, he will not be the only one suffering."

The tank may not be more than a rather dangerous decoration, but the technology protecting the home was the height of sophistication, and once in the control room, the turrets, guns, and lasers that normally lay underground and hidden would prepare to defend the home. If it came down to it, the home itself would be able to shield itself in steel shutters.

The safest option, of having the main house able to head underground, had been too difficult to add to the pre-built home as quickly as the devious Light would choose.

"We're going to win this. By Earth Sundown, in four hours, I anticipate Blade and Winnie to be our King and Queen, and Talon to be safely tucked away in the Royal hospital."

"Is everyone ready?" She herself was heavily armed, and ready to go. A plasma pistol waited at her left side, bright pink, and decorated with stickers. Saif 'halaam rested on her right side, ready to be used should she not need lethal force. The hallucination inducing blade could go either way, but she knew if she made it close enough to use them, she would not need to kill. Her buckler shield rested on her back, the Septum, two unjoined halves, currently, resting underneath it.

Her armor was for once full visible, a cat suit that covered her down to her ankles, up to her neck, and all the way down to her wrists. She wore fingerless leather gloves, to protect the palms of her hands, and heavy steel-toed boots. The minute she was about to shift, she would pull the goggles down, to form the face shield, though vanity and current necessity, had the head portion of her suit currently turned invisible. It was currently conserving power, hence the fatigues over top. Once she turned it on, protected herself from the metaphysical attack and not just the physical, the suit would once again turn invisible.

Her eyes lingered on Kendra, drinking her in as much as possible. No doubt her love and devotion for her human mate filled them. Silently, she reassured Kendra of her love, using their mental connection to do so.
Patcharoo says: She's the squishiest in the game...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DemiKara
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Builder Beta Tester Storyteller Donated! Contributor Historian Completionist Maiden Voyager Lifegiver Person of Interest Salesman

Re: The Climax of A Place to Call Home

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imehal on Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:44 pm

Snow heard Hope's words as she went over the plan for the umpteenth time, those very same words echoing through her head constantly since they had come up with the beginnings of all this plotting in their back garden amidst a heartfelt and anguished reunion. Now, such a time had come again, the Dark's eyes scanning over the small but considerably powerful group, expression oddly concealed for her these days, though if one was observant, they would note the tightening around her eyes as Kendra and Hope embraced, her reddish gaze flickering over to her own mate.

He would be fine, she told herself sternly, confident that everyone's faith in one another was never unfounded. After all this, as her Light stated so surely towards the end of her explanations and speeches, they would win. Even if it cost them friends, troops and precious morals, this day was going to be theirs.

The plan was sound, everyone given jobs that suited their capabilities and weaknesses best. Snow briefly considered whether she should really be the one to confront Talon with 'Hope'... or Hope, rather... but at the end of the day, she had learnt from her past mistakes. Emotional reactions would get nothing done except everyone killed. Care and attention had been poured into these plans and now, everything would have to be perfect.

Like her twin, Snow was armoured up and even wearing her badge proudly alongside a replacement communicator that gave her mental capabilities with her sister, mustering up a slight smile at the affection between the two Lights. Winterfly sat across her back, recently cleaned and repaired. Talon had really done a number on her precious weapon and she now wore a specially made glove on her right hand that allowed more able control over her newly learnt electrical powers, the former courtesy of Kendra and the latter the implant.

Even if she didn't want to be, she was ready, waiting until Hope tore her gaze from her beloved mate before giving her a soft smile, sad but not despairing. It's time to go. Quickly now. The mental urging was briskly spoken as Snow glanced across at Steph. Already she was worrying over his safety despite the fact that he hadn't left her presence yet.

~*~*~*~*~

The architect clung had two small arms wrapped tightly around her small children's waists, holding them to her as tightly as was humanly possible, crouched down beside Lucian, her voice speaking soft reassurances and coos to the distraught Henry and Rachel. Her hands covered their ears; they did not need to hear the plans, nor what their mother planned to do to those that threatened the family.

All Hope's loving words were replied to mentally by Kendra with just as much emotion and distress pouring into them as she could muster. It tore at her heart that her part in all this was effectively over, all her designing and planning; she would never truly see what would come of it all. In the end, she would be trapped here, anxious with the children and their impromptu guardian, only able to wait.

And oh, she so did hate the waiting.

Her eyes locked with her mate's at the last gaze and Kendra dragged out from herself every ounce of devotion, love, admiration and pride and flung it mentally at Hope, grinning ever so slightly. You'll come back and all will be well. I trust you all.

Four hours. These were going to be the longest four hours of her life. Maybe when everyone had gone, she would cry out of frustration. Only then.
Gasmask: Alright. Either your CD is corrupted, which'd explain the crashing and odd stuffs.
Imehal: Or?
Gasmask: Your windows really, really, really hates icewind dale.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Imehal
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colyo on Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:06 pm

Plans. Speeches. Pre-battle meditation, and the perfectly steady and silent twilring of Azul around Steph Grey's right index finger. How the gun kept spinning, the average eye wouldn't be able to catch; miniscule movements.... such small, but perfectly coordinated details. A plan was coming together. Like so, the weapon twirled.

He sat on a table with one leg crossed over the other next to his old teammate Mina Sipher who leaned against the same, and First Dark Blade Ulenna to his other side who stood with his arms crossed. The three remained silent as Hope reitered the plan for what would be the last time while all were present.

The three soldiers were armed to the teeth. Steph was in a full black stealth combat suit, decorated with various pouches full of what were undoubtly various ammunition clips, explosives and infiltration tools. His other pistol was in a waist holster, and on his back was a supressed TAR-21 hanging off of an abreast strap. This was one of the few times where his style was completely forsaken in the name of professionality... and the cold, calculating gaze he wore told those around him that this was what Steph was before a mercenary; a special operations agent who was trained to commit nothing but perfection. Every step, shot and breath, flawless. Even his gaze seemed to be cutting through the floor he was looking down at.

Mina was similarly armed, except her rifle was the much larger Barret .50 with an almost comically large surpessor on it. Her standard desert eagles were forsaken for a much more conventional silenced M9 which sat in a waist holster.

"So, that leaves cleaning up the mess here on Terra to us two, huh?"

Steph merely nodded, and stood up. Their time had come, and there was no more reason to stall. As he went for the door, Mina followed. He paused next to Snow just before the archway, putting his arm on her shoulder.

At that moment, he sent a feeling so strong and vivid it would have thrown her into a daydream. That dream was the most passionate, feeling kiss he could offer. The underlying fear for both of their safety that -should- have been there was absent. Instead, there was only confidence, and a promise that he would see her soon.

I love you.

As quickly as he touched her, his grip was released again, and they were both plunged back into that room. He vanished, and the sniper vanished with him.

Blade and Whistle stood next to eachother, both with their arms crossed and their gazes just as calculating as the mercenary that walked out the door. Whistle was in armor that was nearly identical to Hope's in both design and image; but this was actually a convenient coincidence. It would make the shift into the woman she "would be" disguising as much easier. As soon as Hope mentioned Winnie, Blade shifted to his lover quietly and wrapped an arm around her shoulder, as a reassurance that she would protect her from any harm.

"If that's all, we must be on our way. The lights are outnumbered and out gunned, and every minute the war wages on more will die."

Imehal says: Yes, Kendra is Kazura's lover and the toddler is their baby. They've been going out for two years.
Patch says: Epic plot reveal!
Patch says: ... Is Kendra part Saiyan?!
Colyo says: FIND OUT NEXT TIME ON DRAGON BALL Z

Colyo
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DemiKara on Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:15 pm

Hope nodded as Steph and Mina left to do what they did best. Quick, decisive, and deadly work. She refused to worry or even think about that dreadful place. They had harmed her twin, and so would pay. Hopefully he'd be able to cheerfully salt the grounds the lab rested on once this was over. Symbolic mostly, but oh so satisfying.

Still, Steph and Mina were best suited for this task, and she had one large fish to fry of her own. Talon. The shifter concentrated on the task at hand. β€œWhistle and I will step through first, and change into each other on the other side.” Or rather they'd switch places to make it seem as if they had changed shape. β€œGive us a few moments, then come through, Blade and Winnie, then Snow. We may enter in the midst of a rebellion. I'm not one hundred percent sure, but the Palace itself should have only Talon's most loyal defending it.” She smiled slightly at Winnie, who smiled back.

β€œWhat am I doing. You all know the plan. Let's go kick some butt.” Talon would be waiting. No doubt he wanted her badly enough to leave the protection of his throne, to his personal guard. That was her hope, at least. Blade and Whistle shouldn't have too much trouble with them, if all went well.

Winnie she worried about, but the queen was a strong woman, and could manage herself very well. Hope concentrated on her own role in this. Talon she personally intended on flagging down, broadcasting her position to him. It should work. With luck and the blessing of the goddesses, it would work. β€œMay Bostaua bless us and this war we will end.” She prayed, hoping it would all go well. With one last kiss, she promised she would return to her mate and life. Don't worry too much, my dear heart. The goddesses favor me in this, I am sure.

And with that she stepped through the portal to wait for the party on the other side.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Winnie huddled close to blade, a small knife in a sheath on her belt. Oh, she hoped she need never use it, and had a personal shield, but knew that it would be messy business for sure. There was nothing else for it to be, after all.

The queen had found herself shoved into Hope's room and fatigues pushed into her arms to change into. The other woman had braided her hair tightly against her skull, and a circlet had been shoved onto her head, before Hope declared her fit enough for battle. If it weren't for the need to claim her throne, she wouldn't have made Winnie wear the circlet. Wouldn't have allowed it, the queen had no doubt.

There was a bracelet around her wrist, which Hope had insisted she wear as well, revealing it as a circlet for Blade as well, to be placed on his head the minute after she had sat down. Hope's people stole the circlet from the royal treasury only earlier that day, not wanting to alarm Talon too quickly. The idea both disturbed and amused her.

She would be getting the locks and wards on the treasury changed for sure. It was simply unnerving to know someone had stolen from it, for a good cause or not. I'm frightened she thought to her mate, reaching for his hand and squeezing it for reassurance. I'm not a fighter. She thought to him, clearly worried.

She didn't want to go. It was too much. She almost wouldn't mind hiding her, for the remainder of her life, waiting patiently for her mate to come with rose tea, at very specific times, and enjoying the peace and quiet.

But she knew despite this wish she couldn't and wouldn't. She was queen and would be placed on her throne today.

DemiKara
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years
Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Arc Warden Party Starter Builder Beta Tester Storyteller Donated! Contributor Historian Completionist Maiden Voyager Lifegiver Person of Interest Salesman

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imehal on Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:48 am

Those Goddesses better realise that if they don't favour you, they'll have me to deal with!

Kendra received the kiss with the promise that silently came alongside it, holding her children that much tighter around the waist, watching steadfastly until Hope vanished through the portal. It seemed like an eternity to her before she could drag her eyes away from that very spot, bringing her grey eyes across all who remained; Blade, Snow, Winnie and Whistle.

Her eyes shined but not a tear fell, features held firm with a mixture of desperation and not altogether insane belief in her allies. It was all she could do to nod slowly towards them and believe in Hope's words.

~*~*~*~*~

For most, it would have been strange to feel pride at knowing that your life partner was devastatingly efficient at the more secretive things in life, like assassination and covert-ops. Snow clearly did not make this distinctive between what was good and sensible, being a fighter herself as well as having long ago accepted that to get the job done, things sometimes needed to be less than savoury.

Steph hadn't said one word throughout, but subconsciously she had been paying attention to his movements and gestures whilst Hope spoke and sought strength for the team as a whole. So, his touch to her arm hadn't been unexpected, what the mercenary did with it was...

It was subtle, but her eyes unfocused just a touch at the strength of feeling that was poured into her from her mate, mentally speechless and perhaps it was a touch foolish, but her own fear dissipated in wake of it. Hesitation and self-doubt would only get people killed this day.

Swiftly, a rather devious smile came and went on Snow's lips as she summoned everything within her, reacting to the daydream instinctively, revelling in the feeling and giving back as good as she got. Secretively, she tilted her head so she could watch Steph leave.

I'll be expecting that kiss when I get back Steph Grey.

Snow just about came back to reality as Blade spoke, the smile already fading in wake of the situation at hand, shifting her stance a touch straighter, nodding. The Dark didn't need to voice her agreement; it was plain enough.

The last thing that Snow directed towards her Light before she disappeared into the portal was a gentle smile. No matter if they were together, this was what they had survived so long for and she'd be damned if they failed so close. It was ironic that the Dark had been hoodwinked into thinking that her Light was going away from Talon.

The reaction when she did find out would be nothing short of fury.

For now, Snow rested her eyes patiently away Blade and Winnie, not wishing to intrude. The Queen was quite obviously frightened, the Dark's still softened emotions going out to her for a brief moment before she reached back, gripping the shaft of Winterfly in her left hand.

It was oddly reassuring and quite final, that sound. In moments she would pass through the portal and then the beginning of an end to all this would initiate. Snow could hardly wait, her eyes brightening with something that wasn't quite happiness.

β€œAfter you,” she gestured towards Blade now, expression relatively solemn. β€œSee you on the other side.”

Imehal
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colyo on Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:28 pm

Blade checked the security of the sword in it's scabbard one more time, and picked up the plasma MG that had been sitting on the table behind him. The time for discreet and efficent weaponry was over; Talon had not a man in his army more skilled than he, so the difference would be made up with numbers. Blade had prepared this weapon with every bit of ammunition he would need to crush that difference under a devastating hail of superheated projectiles. With a pull of the cocking pin, the loud metallic shifting of the weapon's mechanisms reminded everyone in the room just how much business he meant.

Through his connection with Winnie, he broadcasted confidence and comfort. "That's what I'm here for. Just stay behind me and I'll do my job as well as I always have. Go through the portal behind me."

"Snow, you and Whistle cover the rear." he said, putting his gun up forward and stepping through.

---

Whistle made her move the moment Blade dissapeared into the portal, walking through idifferently if not for unhooking her spools of deadly wire from her belt. It was going to be a bloody day indeed.
Last edited by Colyo on Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Colyo
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DemiKara on Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:46 pm

The world the group stepped out into looked dull and dreary, the overcast sky blocking any sunshine as they exited the portal into the brown stone courtyard. Normally fluttering with colorful cloth and full of happy courtiers and workers, it was currently the scene of a battle, if an odd one. Light against Dark, and neither side wishing the death to the other, it was clear the uniformless Lights were no match for the castle guard. Chaos rocked the scene and Hope pulled the septum out, assembling it fully in one smooth move as she glanced around, a harsh frown on her face. She moved out of the way of the others, and relied on the distraction provided by the fighting Lights, who on seeing her arrival began to fight with new energy, working to keep the group from being stopped so soon in their trip.

It was not a pretty scene, far too many of either side collapsed on the ground, either unconscious...or worse. The normally peaceful castle was under siege and the riot of noise that exploded around them the minute they stepped through might take a second to get used to.

This was no quiet courtyard, but a battle field. The fountain in the middle stood out among it all as the other vaguely peaceful place, cheerfully still spouting it's two layers of water despite the chaos surrounding it. And even then, at the edge of the fountain there was fighting.

This was the distraction Hope had promised her fellow conspirators, and it should be enough that the castle itself was relatively empty, the nobles no doubt having fled to safety, and the workers the ones who rose up against the guard, refusing to be oppressed any longer.

Hope waited for the entireity of the group to arrive, easily disabling a Dark who stepped through with a blow to the head of the foot of her spetum. No guns were being used here, in fear of killing not just one person, but two with one shot. "Hurry." She urged her fellow conspirators. She glanced about and headed straight toward the entrance into the castle proper, determined to get in there before any harm could come to their group. This was no good, at all. She would have to find Talon or lure him to her.

No doubt he already knew, but was in a secure area of the castle, refusing to fight. But where?

With luck his obsession with her would cause him to come to them. No doubt he was on his way already, seeking out Hope for his own sick pleasure. She forced that idea from her head however, and continued on. The most secure area in the castle would probably be the throne room, which he would know to double or triple the guards on. There then. They wouldn't split up just yet.

Not just yet at least.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Winnie stepped in after Blade and stayed close to him, removing her knife from its sheath in fear more than anything else as they entered a battle field. This wasn't what she had left behind at all! Seeing the fallen on the ground, she gasped in horror and nearly moved to helped them before being reminded that this was no time for that by Hope's quick actions.

Who knew the other Light had it in her? Intellectually, of course, Winnie had known Hope had gone through the Warrior Academy. Seeing the results of that however, was something else entirely. Hope was taking care of business first and foremost. It was almost awe inspiring watching the normally childish and naive Light callously take down the enemy.

Winnie stuck close to the group as Hope waited for the last of them to enter before moving to the castle. She knew where the throne room was, but where would Talon be? Where was her twin?

It didn't matter. He would be sleeping after this. Not dead, merely sleeping for all of time. He could not hurt them there, and she would ensure none could hurt him either.

This entire thing was frightening, but Winnie could do this. She could hurry through this battle field and sit down and crown her mate. Blade and Hope would keep her safe while Whistle and Snow took care of that dastardly twin of hers, in such a way he would collapse. And then, for the first time in months, no the first in years, all would be fine once more.

DemiKara
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imehal on Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:31 pm

After a few minutes of silence, Kendra was still fighting the urge to beg the Dark to go through the portal and drag her partner and Light back screaming if she had to, managing to let go of her adopted family for a split second to stand and tug at Snow's arm.

β€œ... Just bring her home safe. Whatever it takes,” she whispered, finding her throat dry, swallowing hard as the other woman turned to face her for a moment, face expressionless for a few seconds. A confident grin crossed Snow's lips as she nodded. β€œOf course.”

Then she turned away and stepped through the portal herself, hoping that the time given to her Light and Whistle had been enough. The scene that greeted her eyes was treated with cold indifference rather than surprise or dismay. After all, they all knew they had been fighting a war for months now, just on the back lines. Coming to the front towards the end was no different, though she couldn't fight down those twinges of pity for the Shifters whose partners were felled.

After all, she had felt that agony once, knowing that she had killed her own Light.

She had missed Hope's defensive attack on a Dark not two feet from the portal's exit point, her own mace gripped tightly in one hand, shield flickering to life on her right hand side. Not that she would have disapproved of her sister's abilities. Rather, she would have applauded her for her impartiality, given the gravity of the situation. Wing seemed unnerved but Hope... her sister would never falter, even at the moment where everything would be decided.

Her movements followed Hope's, a silent presence at her sister's side, eyes watchful for potential threats, occasionally tapping into her mental control of lightning to zap warningly at any enemy who tried to take a step too close towards them.

β€œWe never organised a meeting place with Talon, but I can wager that when he learns that Hope is on Erutino, it's only a matter of time. We must be separated by the time that happens, lest he realise what Blade, Wing and yourself are up to,” Snow cautioned her sister, sighing.

Maybe she was just repeating words that had been said over and over, but it would not do to forget. Every detail had to be recalled flawlessly, or they would fail.

Imehal
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colyo on Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:54 pm

Blade, the moment he was through the portal, wasted no time turning the chaos up several more notches with the loud clattering of his MG; although it wasn't throwing out lethal shells; instead they were merely concussive rounds that would give it's victims little more than a shattered bone or two and a very bad day. The balcony overlooking the courtyard was getting surgically yet brutally pounded, sending the Darks under Talon's command sprawling across decent distance from each shot impact.

Whistle almost reached for her razorwire spools to cause a bit of madness of her own, but that would have given away her ruse to Snow more than immediately. Instead she scowled, diving behind cover and staying there while Blade put down the pain.

When there was a gap in the return fire, Blade stopped firing and started efficiently replacing the blank-round box with one that was hanging off of his belt by a heavy looking chain. "Snow," he said urgently, "If there is any place that will lure Talon to you it is in the front hallway. Protocol is to have the main courtyard south of the hallway locked down in case of a rebellion but not the actual hallway; it is however full of surveillance cameras that should have him walking right to you. Don't worry about getting surrounded by fallback from the courtyard, I'll have that dealt with. Now, GO!" Snapping the new box in place, he pointed at a doorway that would lead them into the direction they needed to go.

Colyo
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DemiKara on Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:33 am

Hope sent Blade a grateful look for the advice and began to hurry, ducking and dodging rather than actually fighting. If the head was taken out, the body would fall. She would take out Talon, and then her fighters would be safe. The shapeshifter fought her way to the door, trying to never get too far ahead of Snow the entire time, or to lag to far behind. Of the two, Snow was the more accomplished fighter and she knew it.

It wasn't long until the duo made it to the Front Hall, and Hope took several deep breathes, to center herself. She hated Talon, and seeing him would no doubt be a blow to her constitution.

'Whistle. You're Whistle, remember. Whistle pretending to be Hope.' She reminded herself firmly. Geez, this deception was just too much. If she didn't need Snow focused on the battle more than on Hope's safety, she never would have done that.

A wry look passed through her eyes and she glanced around briefly. The Front Hall, it seemed, was mostly peaceful. "Which way?"

~

Winnie stuck close behind Blade, trusting him to take them the safest route to the throne room. When a Dark came too close to her however, clearly about to attack, the woman quickly shifter to a mouse and hide herself on Blade's neck. He would know who she was.

'I am on your shoulder, love. You shouldn't have to worry quite so much about me now.' It hadn't even occurred to her they would be attacked. She was queen! But it was clear that she wasn't recognized as queen. Very well. She would hide on her mate's shoulder.

~

In the throne room, five of the First Dark's Elite waited patiently. They had their orders.

DemiKara
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imehal on Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:19 am

Snow was not so naΓ―ve to believe that they would be warmly welcomed into the palace with open arms but luckily, Blade had thought rather the same thing, keeping those who were firing down on them at bay whilst they used precious time to gather their thoughts and act.

Quickly, she had set off in the direction offered by the other Dark, the thought to remind him that she knew these halls well furthest from her mind, brown hard eyes never leaving her sister's back. Yet she constantly on watch for potential threats from ahead, trusting their allies to cover them from the back, for even though there was a tiny cell of them heading into this potential deathtrap, they were far from alone.

Still, that didn't prevent her from coldly rendering anyone who even got within ten feet of them unconscious, using her shield as a cover for them both pass from the courtyard relatively unscathed. There was a hesitation in her movements as she reached the safety of the doorway, glancing back at Blade, Winnie safely perched on his shoulder.

This was it and by the Goddesses, she was ready.

The deafening din that existed outside meant that walking into the almost silent Front Hall was rather eerie, the noise of their footsteps filling the air, rather than gunfire or screams. Snow wasn't entirely sure whether she was pleased about this, stopping briefly beside 'Hope', glancing to her left at the question.

β€œLeft, though I imagine it won't be long before Talon noticed we've arrived,” the Dark muttered under her breath, motioning to her companion to follow, mustering even a small smile at the visage of her sister. β€œI won't tell your role Whistle, but be careful. Talon doesn't play fair and we're not losing anyone today.”

Then carefully, mace in a solid grip, she proceeded forward at a slightly more steady pace with 'Hope' carefully positioned behind her. It wasn't terribly hard to muster such protective instincts when she thought back on what Talon had done to Hope in the past. Her eyes were sharp, expression patient. Rushed decisions were not what was required.

Imehal
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colyo on Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:59 pm

The moment Snow was away around the corner, Whistle began to act on her own. Her spools of thicker, non-lethal wire were unraveled in an instant. Only a careful observer would notice where they went first as her arms stretched out in front of her. It would be more obvious when the balcony in front of them suddenly had it's pillars ripped apart, sending that section of the upper balcony crashing to the ground. That noise certainly wouldn't go unnoticed; but stealth was not the objective here. Let them come; they were armed and at their prime.

The shattered balcony left a slope up to an undamaged section, where they proceeded immediately. "Hang on tight..." Blade reminded Winnie as he surged forward, opening up on some reinforcments arriving from other sides of the balcony. Still firing, he bounded up that slope with Whistle close behind. Rocks seemingly began to float as the thicker wires gripped them, and they were launched at brutal speeds towards those that were approaching from Blade's flank, the other side of the courtyard.

Mere moments of this chaos found Blade blasting open a nearby window for a shortcut, leaping through -while being preciously careful not enough of the window was left to hurt the love on his shoulder- without rolling over and thus throwing her grip off. She would definitely be in for a ride, though.

He was surrounded to the left and right by guards. Adrenaline shot through him, slowing his perception of time as his implant kicked in, increasing his focus tenfold. He let his fingers slip off of the MG; the momentum from the leap in pulling it out of his hands as he shot for a knife from one belt and his hand cannon from the other. The left hand with the cannon open fire with two carefully placed arcane concussive rounds, sending out ripples through the air as the definitely unconscious victims were tossed about. The knife hand threw said weapon into the other crowd, landing right between the eyes of the lead guard.

Whistle made it through in time to deal with the rest of the other half of the guards, wires flying through the air as quickly as fan blades, stopping lasers that began pouring down on them. The hail was steady, and sure enough, they group all ran dry on their clips at nearly the same time. As soon as they all began reloading, flying shards of glass and true rounds from Blade's hand cannon mowed down the rest.

With the last dropping bodies, they looked around the completely wrecked hallway once more before continuing down the hallway... the throne room was only a wing away and one floor up.

Colyo
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DemiKara on Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:46 pm

Hope turned to the left silently and began walking down the hall after Snow. Whistle wouldn't have said anything in response, so Hope didn't either, no matter how much she wanted to. Instead of a verbal response, she added a curt nod as she tried to pretend she was a Dark.

Darks were all kinds of serious, and she could be serious too, however hard it normally was. Now though, she managed it quite well, simply by remembering what Talon had dared to do to her twin, and what he would do to Kendra and the kids if he ever got his hands on her precious family.

Jealous and possessive, the First Dark seemed not to realize that she was not his and never ever would be. The three needles remained in her pocket for now. She would need to depress the syringe into his veins. If only all she had to do was poke him. But no, she had a harder more solemn task than that.

The Light maintained her stoic expression, though the slightest hint of fear entered her eyes. If she failed, then Talon would win, and he would no doubt kill her entire family, just so he could have her.

~

Poor Winnie. the crash had disoriented her, the surge forward thrown her for a loop and but the time they were on the balcony, she was ready to collapse. Jolting. That had been incredibly jolting, and she wasn't sure she liked it at all. The mouse queen held on tighter than ever before and prayed to the goddesses that she'd make it through. Even as a mouse that had been a harrowing adventure.

That was it, no matter how miserable she would be, she was going to have Blade teach her how to use some kind of weapon. She would never feel so useful of disoriented again.

She knew where they were though, and how very close they were to the throne room now, though she wasn't entirely certain why Blade had taken out an innocent balcony to get them here. Well, at least it wasn't ehr favorite balcony. That would have saddened her a lot more than this one did. As it was, Blade felt it necessary, so she supposed she would trust her mate, even thoguh she didn't understand.

DemiKara
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imehal on Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:03 pm

Despite the silence that seemed to have settled between the two, the almighty crashing of the balcony down to the lower courtyard even reverberated to where they were walking now. Though she knew that the time for subtlety had gone, she could quite resist a grin that for once Blade was being gung-ho just as she had finally learnt how to replicate his temperament in her own way.

It warmed her heart that any opposition to their goal were not having it easy though. Immensely.

β€œWhistle...” Her questioning tone trailed off into silence, as quietly, footsteps began to touch at her hearing, grip on the mace tightening as the sound of rubber sole against marble flooring. Snow herself began to move forward carefully to where the corridor took a solid right, pressing her back against the wall, listening.

They – whoever they were- were about a minute away at the pace they were advancing and Snow raised her mace to prepare an arching sweep, glancing back at 'Hope' to make sure she was...

Was that fear? No time to consider that as the first guy passed her obliviously, her mace slamming down into his back with no mercy, an audible crack making itself known as she fractured the spine with deadly accuracy. The Dark in question was sent shooting towards the floor with agonising speed just as the next two rounded the corner, eyes startled but not afraid. They hadn't been running down the corridor for the hell of it it seems, swords and bucklers drawn out, ready for combat.

Snow grinned at them, not at all daunted by the welcoming committee, launching herself forward into direct combat with one, trusting implicitly in 'Hope' to tackle the other.

Imehal
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colyo on Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:09 pm

Blade sighed deeply as the first party reached the throne room. He had imagined this day, some times. Dreaming that he would be with Winnie as the First Dark. He would have been in his new uniform, going up the aisle to the throne to be sworn in as a House Erutin ruler...

Instead, he stood here with the Queen on his shoulder as a mouse, the only other company being one of his own commandos. He was covered in dirt and blood spots, MG hanging loosely in one hand and his magnum in the other. He looked upon the door in awe; he had been in the room so many times, but this would be the first as king.

That is, if he survived this ordeal. He still had Talon's elite to plow through before he could get ahead of himself.

"Wing, please, stay here." he said, lowering himself so her mouse form could crowl down him to the floor. "The fighting gets more intense from here on in. Until the throne room is clear, I cannot have worry of stray shooting bogging me down."

Whistle looked at him, and he returned with a nod. She would be staying here with the Queen. This final fight was his. He holstered the magnum, cocked the MG one last time, and kicked the door in, weapon at his hip...

Colyo
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DemiKara on Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:27 pm

Hope grinned wickedly at the other one and launched herself at him as well, bringing her septum down and forward to bear, intent on skewering the guard. She rather hted to do so, but at this point, they needed them out. This entire thing was too much for her, decieving her twin like this.

It didn't matter. They'd get through these guards with as few as casualities as possible. She and Snow would get otu scotch free so they could make it to Talon to destroy him. Or at least send him deep into a comatose state. The shifter pulled the Septum out of the none fatal wound and used the other end to knock the guard out, remainign ready for her next attacker. This was insanity, but she would get through it all, she would!

No excuses and no mistakes.

--

Winnie scampered down her mate and changed back, watchign her mate go in as she hid behind Whistle, knife out jsut in case. She felt so useless on this journey, but already knew that Blade would win this fight easily. He was strogn and amazing and her mate.

Her twin's elite didn't stand a chance. she wouldn't be waiting long.

--

They had known he was coming, and been waiting. The first wave of men, five of them, had been waitign near the door, hoping to overwhelm the fighter that the rebels would send in. They had their orders, overwhelm and knock out, do not kill under any circumstances.

The captain of Talon's Elite Guard thought this ridiculous, but understood, once the truth of the amtter had been revealed to him. And so he had ordered this ambush tactic, hoping to take Blade down. Two on either side, and one to the front, swords, with no guns. Guns were a bite lethal for this fight after all.

DemiKara
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imehal on Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:01 pm

Honour in combat.

Snow had always upheld that even when the odds were stacked against her. Fighting dirty was not her style, but after what she had just seen out of the corner of her eye, the Dark was very much done with niceties. As a result, the poor man who had fearlessly charged brought up his sword to counter her arching attack found out the hard way that the mace had two ends, the warrior shifting her grip on the shaft of the blunt weapon to flip it, slamming the second mace-head into his stomach without remorse.

Whilst the man was keeling over from the abrupt change of pace, Snow had already brought up her weapon so it was horizontally held, curving it round in a deadly arch from the left that resulted in the man's head finding itself between the mace and unforgiving wall. She could have almost pictured the scream of his poor Light in her head, if she wasn't seething with cold rage.

Hope. She had fucking sworn! Even if it had been Whistle using Hope's weapon of choice, it would have been used efficiently to murder anyone who even came close. The fact that the little supposed 'Dark' beside her had knocked out the assailant after attempting to skewer him told her only one damn thing.

Her Light had lied and the sudden tense Dark realised that her precious sister couldn't have pulled off such a trick alone. So much for honesty.

Snow's eyes were as hard as glass, but revealed nothing of her true thoughts. Two more sets of footsteps – the last of this patrol rounded the corner and she wasted no time in slamming the first into the wall using her ever-present shield, spinning around with generally unseen grace – outside of combat at least. Satisfied that even if he wasn't dead, that they weren't getting back up, she hefted her mace in a tight two-handed grip to bring it up lightning fast into the side of the other's head.

The stilted scream and numerous cracking sounds that came from the impact brought a savage smile to her lips, tilting her head back towards Whistle – no, Hope – listening carefully, breathing deeply and audibly, though not from exertion.

β€œI'll never forgive you for that.” Her voice was stone cold, devoid of anger, but no matter what had been done, Hope had brought herself into the lion's den and Snow would be damned if he lay one slimy finger on her. β€œGet ready dear sister.”

Imehal
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Colyo on Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:39 pm

Seeing the swords drawn against him, Blade only had time to empty several shots into the gut of one before immediately throwing the weapon at another, taking him right in the head and stunning the victim temporarily. His sword was suddenly out, and he charged at the remaining active three.

The three strikes came in unison from different directions, but his focus was not shaken. Faster than could be thought possible, his extended longsword sang through the air, and all that was heard was three clashes in perfect unison and a flash of twirling metal as the three assailing weapons were shattered completley. Taking advantage of the opening he made, he sent a devastating kick out to the front guard, nailing him in the chest and sending him sprawling across the room. The other two took a slice each, one from his left and one from his right. He launched himself immediately upwards into a backflip, dodging both completely and quickly opening up on each with a single shot from his magnum before hitting the ground.

When his feet hit the ground, the only sound was the groaning of the one who recieved his MG to the face. Remorselessly, he pointed his magnum at the recovering guard and ended his life with a thundering bang.

He started walking at his own pace down the aisle, whilst reloading his magnum with lethal incendiary spell-rounds. "I'm the Captain of the Guard for a reason... because every challenge for my position, every upstart like yourselves, all went up in smoke as I ended their miserable lives. It's a pity Lights have to suffer such fools and pay their price. You would think you lot would make more responsible choices but..."

The chamber snapped back into place and he twirled it once on his thumb. "I like it better this way. A chance to remind all of you that the scum, Talon, is as weak as his cowardice suggests. His resolve is pathetic. His means are dishonorable, and he has become a man consumed by hatred and corruption. All who stand with him... will pay his price."

"So how much is it going to be?" he said, raising the magnum in readyness and squeezing the hilt of his weapon. "Will you swear loyalty to your new first dark, or will you die with the traitor-king? How much blood needs to be shed before you will embrace change?"

----

The First Dark's footsteps were the only sound left in the great main hall. Red eyes consumed by malice met the two women, the Light and the Dark, who stood so stalwartly before him. How did he meet them? With applause, of course. Such was appropriate.

He spoke after the short, gallfull clap. "Your reputations preceed you! The Light who graduated the Warriors Academy, and the Dark who fought for two hundred and fifty years without a Light... beautiful. Roses amongst weeds, you two are." he said with a corrupted smile. "Although, the problem with roses is that they often don't match the rest of the scenery. They stand alone amongst impossible odds... until they are inevitably plucked and sent away to be used and coveted as a trophy..."

Suddenly, two pole-like emitters fired out of the ground with impossible haste. An electrical field fired out of each, creating a bubble around the two. "You seriously thought I wouldn't be prepared for your arrival? Oh, I know it's going to take more than merely this ragtag group of warriors to stop you and Blade's guard. They are the best of the best, after all. Pawns are no effective tool to stop knights... unless, you position them just right, and they are there for when it is time to spring the trap."

He sighed, cracking his knuckles as he approached the barrier. "It all went so beautifully. I even anticipated dear Hope wouldn't miss the opportunity to come after me. See what it is I fight for now, Dark Snow? Your so called independent Light has brought about all of your doom through lying to you. Lying to her Dark! As unheard of as her graduation. My reasoning is that Lights simply are not capable of being trusted with right and power. Hope has done nothing but prove this time and time again..." He drew a long, golden hilted rapier, although he didn't raise it for battle. "Now for the grand finale. Your failure will be complete. Soon, Hope, your whore of a human woman will have her memories wiped and the bond with it, and you shall be mine for the taking... but for now, we simply will be leaving. This castle is rigged to be gassed, after all. Who would have known the serum was applicable in gaseous form?! Such a pleasant surprise. I can snuff out my traitorous sister, the Ulenna bastard and all of my other rivalries with one fell swoop. Oh, it is delicious..." He looked at his wrist, which had a watch mounted on it.

"Not long now... come along, then. Your ultimate failure awaits us in a dropship but one floor up!" The field shrunk around them and suspended before starting to move towards him. They would have no choice but to walk along...

"So... delicious."

----

"None has to be... I... I submit."

The Captain of Talon's false guard fell to his knees at the display of power. He was alone against the mighty and famous Blade Ulenna. What could he do other than kneel in awe?

"I have bonded with your Queen. I am the new legitimate First Dark. Swear to me your allegience."

"I... I swear. By honor I am yours, First Dark." he brought a fist to his own chest in a salute.

"What is your name?"

"I am called Captain Wave Tirana."

"Rise, then, Dark Wave..." his king said, holstering his weapons. "Tell me of Talon's defences. Quickly; I feel my other team may be in immediate danger."

"They are." the guard replied. "It was a trap all along. We were to incapacitate you then leave immediately, as the entire place is to be gassed with bond shattering serum. Talon intends to leave with the Anona twins, who he was to trap with magimagnetic field emitters in the Main Hall."

"How could he..." Blade was suddenly struck with horror. They had walked right into his trap. He may only have minutes... "He anticipated us too well. Something is wrong. Unfortunately, we'll have to let Talon have them for now... the serum is a much more immediate problem. Do you know where the emmission tanks are?"

"Yes, the castle's ventilation shafts were sabotaged. My own team did the work."

"Is there time to stop it before it is fired?"

"Yes."

"Then we go!" he roared. "Lead the way!"

Wave did just that, dashing off towards the main doors of the throne room... There was not much time. "Winnie, onto my shoulder! Whistle, cover the rear!"

Colyo
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DemiKara on Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:59 pm

Hope's eyes went wide as her sister ruthlessly took down a third man and she took a step closer, only to step back at the look in her twin's eyes. She had never, ever seen her sister so...so... The Light wasn't certain what but it was scary, directed at her, and she was frightened more than Snow could know.

"Snow, I can- I. I'm sorry, but I had to!" She said, desperately trying to get her twin to not be so frightening. Couldn't Snow see it? Talon would have known which Whistle was which, even had the two pulled off the deception. But the Light subsided, Septum held in a guard position as she turned to face th hall. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." There was nothing more she could say, not really. Snow had figured it out, which meant the minute they got home, Kendra would be told, and then her two favorite people would be mad at her, and it was all her fault.

She knew she should have just gone with Winnie and Blade, but Snow was her twin, hers. And Talon. Talon owed her a great deal. He owed her more than anything, and Hope would have her revenge. Though she prayed to the goddesses that her twin would one day forgive her.

Then Talon appeared, and Hope froze in terror, hand going to her pocket. "Talon!" She gasped, readying herself for the attack she just knew was coming. But it came in a form she didn't expect. The Light slammed herself against the cage wall, only to cry out in pain and shift to her favored panther form. And then she processed his words. Kendra was in trouble?

Dammit all! The shifter continued to slam herself against her cage walls, ignoring the shocks as they took out her implant and rendered her unable to port out, or speak any tongue but their native one. It didn't matter. At this point, the shifter woman didn't care if the implant fried entirely. She continued throwing herself against the walls, hoping desperately they would give if she kept it up, despite the constant shocks and the electricity induced burns her skin was beginning to have.

He wouldn't get to her mate! He was not allowed to touch her mate, he was not! Kendra was hers, and he was going to hurt him! The Light screamed her anger to the skies and the goddesses, cursing Talon and his ilk. Kendra! Kendra! She cried mentally, reaching across the realms to his mate, hoping against hope to find her still there and well.

Kendra Run!
---

Winnie shifted to a bird to fly to his shoulder and then back to a mouse form, curling up under his collar, uncertain of what was going on. Why were they leaving th throne room. He rather had to sit down to claim the crown, and going in the opposite direction seemed rather counter-intuitive.

This made no sense. Wing stayed where she was, though she turns her head to peer at the throne room doors curiously. Well, no one was following, but she wouldn't distract her mate by asking what was happening. He was her Elite Guard Captain for a reason, and now her King and First Dark. He knew what he was doing.

Vaguely, Winnie hoped the other party was okay. They had the more difficult job, she knew. Her brother was tricky, though not a fighter. The queen rested on her mate's shoulder, feeling his heartbeat, and hoping that all would go okay.

Even if they were going the very wrong way.

DemiKara
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imehal on Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:15 pm

The fear in Hope's eyes brought a chilly smile to the Dark's lips, not quite hating herself for it. It was about time the Light damn well learnt that everyone had their role to play and even if they didn't like it, it wasn't their choice to go renegade, into situations that they couldn't handle.

Only when the clapping started did she say anything, speaking quietly, her voice like silk. Soft and unreadable. β€œNot as sorry as I am.” Then she turned her reddish-brown eyes to the First Dark himself, even if he had just been usurped successfully, gaze stony. He was talking nonsense; flowery words that did nothing but serve his own purposes, the Dark's eyes widening a fraction as he trailed off, realising a moment too late as the damning electrical emitters made themselves rapidly present. For a moment, Snow felt the stab of helplessness that she had when Talon had taken Salt and Pepper.

Unlike her foolish sister, she did not try, recognising the barrier for what it was, forcing herself to calm. She was not a Light; she would wait, listen, banter with their cruel enemy. He would slip up or the others would come along. This was not a solo mission; teamwork... trust.

If she couldn't put faith in Hope and Whistle, even Blade, there were those who she could.

β€œI... actually agree,” she returned smoothly, sharpness to her voice. β€œLights cannot be trusted with responsibility, but...” She gestured sweepingly to Talon, who was now achingly close to the barrier. It took effort, but she kept the mace at her side. β€œ... If you think that one Light is going to doom our success...”

The news about Kendra worried Snow more than she would ever let on, watching her sister completely lose it, injuring and slamming herself against the barrier, growling as she stepped up to her. Her glare held as she activated their communicators, hoping that Hope's was at least still working after Hope's pointless attacks on the barrier. -Control yourself! Electrocuting yourself to death does nothing for anyone, save spare you the consequences of your actions.-

β€œYou're bluffing. Kendra is in the safest place and hands imaginable. Even if you do manage to get into the house, you won't get her.”

It was amusing that in one moment, Talon condemned Hope for idiocy and yet, was still obsessed with possessing her in the next. A fool if ever Snow saw one. Leaving? She turned her gaze back to the Dark, looking quite bemused. He was going to nuke everyone in this palace, condemn them to bondlessness, destroy Kendra, but not go the extra yard and leave her here and just take Hope?

For once, ignoring her sister's screams, Snow smiled as the shield morphed and tightening around them, forcing movement that she obliged, rising and letting her footfalls carry herself after the ex-First Dark, ignoring his odd comments and monologuing as best she could.

It took a touch of focus to keep her emotions even to send out a message to Steph, the same as Hope had done to Kendra. Across universes, would it work? Unlikely, but still, she had to try. -The facility should be second priority; the home might be breached.-

Imehal
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!