Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Fulham Bị Cấm Chuyển Nhượng Sau Vụ Bán Sao Trẻ Cho Liverpool » Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

:D

a topic in Welcome Desk: Introductions & Arrivals, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

First time on RPG? Make sure to introduce yourself here! Tell us what you're into, what you're looking for, and how you found us!

:D

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The0therZamber on Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:25 pm

Hello to those of you that clicked on my post, and even those of you who didn't. I'm really, really, reeaallly bad at introductions; so, I am just going to go right on ahead and answer those fun questions posted in the topic stickied to the top of the thread!

My username, located somewhere near this post I am sure, is The0therZamber. I chose this username because I mushed together my gamer tag and my IRL nickname. It's that simple, for real.

I found this place by using The Google. I find most things on the internet with The Google's help, so I'm not too terribly surprised. You probably shouldn't be either. :)

I have roleplayed through forums for a while - starting with Gaia six million years ago. I have done tabletops since then, but play-by-post was my first introduction to roleplaying. The tabletops I have been involved in include DnD 3rd, 3.5, 4th, Pathfinder, the Firefly Roleplaying Game, 13th Age, and currently Numenera.

I came to RPG to rediscover my love for play-by-post roleplaying. I recently graduated and find myself with time on my hands. I want something productive and fun to fill it with.

I am interested in all different types of roleplays. Fantasy is classic for me and sci-fi can be hardcore engaging. Fandom roleplays, when handled well, can be exquisite. A niche genre for me would probably be that post-apocalyptic, dystopian survival roleplay, though. Even a fantasy-inspired, post-apocalyptic, dystopian survival roleplay would be bomb - arguably, even better.

I have hobbies. Number one, and I don't know if this actually counts, is being a mom. I have a 17 month old daughter and she's the best. I also love to cook and bake. As a result, I also work out quite often - a way to combat the fact that I eat most of the things I bake. Video games would be another hobby, or at least playing video games would be. I am currently in the middle of Skyrim, Dark Souls, Dishonored, Far Cry 3, and Assassin's Creed: Revelations. I am currently about 50% of the way through all of them (except for Dark Souls, which can die in a fire). My relationship with video games is... complicated.

Some things that I am good at besides writing? I'd have to refer you to the above list. I'd say I'm good at being a mom, baking, and doing squats. I'm also a really phenomenal sleeper; you need someone to get some sleeping done for you, I'm your woman. I also have a pretty good memory - it can be a little creepy.

I do not have any friends here at RPG, but I expect I will eventually make some roleplaying buddies.

Lastly, and most importantly, do you get cookies for looking through this thread and saying hello? As I said, I do actually bake and I would love for you to try some of my cookies! Unfortunately, the physical location of your mouth is a mystery to me and my cookies, so you'll have to settle for these internet ones. -presents upon those reading this with two, freshly baked, internet cookies-

That's it! I'll be lurking, if you need me. :)
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

The0therZamber
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: :D

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby OldManPsycho on Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:09 am

Well you're in for a real treat. RPGateway is a magical place that often results in the destruction of your world, or at least destroys your free time, but in a fun creative way.

Ignore what's under my avatar, I've been here for years. I was just under a different names back then. (I'm not going to admit to starting on Gaia as well) Anyhow, DnD; YES! although it has been a while since I last played it. My brother and I used to take turns as DM, good times.

Postapocalyptic eh? I love the genre myself, but find it difficult to roleplay without the right group. Assassin Creed, Skyrim, Farcry, I can play those games all day! too bad my Xbox broke last month. It's probably for the best.

As for the internet cookies, I would like to make a request for internet brownies if that's not too much internet trouble.

I too lurk in the land of this place, often finding unsuspecting role plays and attacking with my arsenal of creativity.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

OldManPsycho
Member for 10 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Re: :D

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The0therZamber on Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:03 am

After taking a good look around, I'm pretty excited to be here. I have no doubt it'll eat up all the time I let it (at least I have responsibilities that demand my attention, so I can't get too lost....... right?).

Ah, I've learned to accept the shame of my Gaia-filled nights from back in the day. Life's a learning experience and I've moved on to bigger and better things! It's been a while since I've played anything before 4th edition, but my Pathfinder experience is pretty recent. I have to say the focus on combat in 4th and Pathfinder really drove me to trying Numenera. It's pretty fantastic and, if you're into far-future exploration-based table tops and plan on trying one again, I'd highly recommend it.

Yes! I love a good, realistic post-apocalypse roleplay, but without the right kind of players it gets boring, tedious, and frustrating. I played through AC I, II, and Brotherhood in really quick succession and I find myself burnt out, unfortunately. I didn't think it was possible to get tired of sneak attacking the bajezus out of everyone, but it happened.

Sorry about your XBox. :( I don't know what I'd do without mine.

I haven't made internet brownies in a while, so I had to dig out my internet recipe book. I hope they're satisfactory!

To be one hundred percent honest, I can think of much worse things for a roleplay to be assaulted with. I've yet to attempt engaging in a roleplay. I'll probably lurk another thousand years before I do. I have attempting-to-join-roleplay-group shyness. It's a curse.

The0therZamber
Member for 10 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!