Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines PLAYERS WANTED

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines PLAYERS WANTED

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Elizabethlax on Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:57 pm

Vampire: The Masquerade is the first World of Darkness game and the first Storyteller System game published by White Wolf. A major departure from the more power and heroics oriented games of the era, VTM is a game of personal horror. It is the parent and the most popular of all the World of Darkness games, and was the genesis of almost all the major ideas people associate with White Wolf.

I'm looking for creative writers who have played the game and adore the story, writers with a huge imagination and even bigger abilities to adapt to different situations. Come and pick a Kindred (vampire) according to you personality and likes, develop the story and let's see what the Dark Father has in store for you. For those who like the story and want to participate but haven't played the game, I have a different alternative, message me for more information.

http://youtu.be/9sXfywgjK6k
http://youtu.be/yOPv4o9Q8Cc

There are thirteen major clans of Caine (the first vampire who killed his brother Abel and was cursed by God to feed from the blood of his victims in order to survive), although two of them have risen in recent memory.

Camarilla Clans The Camarilla is the largest of vampiric sects, a loose organization which ostensibly represents and protects all vampires by enforcing and promulgating the Masquerade. It is currently composed of six clans, though officially it considers all Kindred under its purview and welcomes any that obey its laws. In addition to preventing the growing mortals masses from discovering the existence of vampires, the Camarilla aims to maintain the status quo of Kindred society; as such, much of its structure and traditions mirror that of Cainite society in Europe in the dark ages, and places it at odds with the agenda of the Sabbat and Anarchs.

Brujah: Originally warrior-philosophers, the Brujah are now rebels and political activists. The Brujah are powerful combatants and charismatic speakers, but are more prone to succumbing to Frenzy.
Gangrel: The Gangrel are nomadic vampires, and the only ones who regularly travel outside of cities. The Gangrel are also shapeshifters, which has left them with a tendecy to acquire animal features as they frenzy.
Malkavian: The Malkavians are all insane; this doesn't mean that they aren't also insightful and highly intelligent, but they are controlled by madness from the moment of their embrace (if not before).
Nosferatu: Nosferatu are hideously deformed by their embrace, every Nosferatu is horrifyingly ugly. Eschewing other Vampires, they live in sewers and generally keep to themselves. Nosferatu are information brokers par excellence.
Toreador: The Toreador are obsessed with art and beauty, and are the clan that spends the most time around humanity. Toreador tend to get lost in art, becoming enraptured by beautiful things.
Tremere: The Tremere are a Hermetic order (originally from Ars Magica) who turned themselves into vampires to preserve their magic. It didn't quite work out as planned. Since the 11th century, the Tremere have risen from outcasts to one of the pillars of Camarilla society. Tremere are the most powerful practitioners of Thaumaturgy, but are also tightly bound to their highly organized and incredibly paranoid clan.
Ventrue: The Clan Of Kings. The Ventrue are the leaders of the Camarilla, and are businessmen, aristocrats, monarchs, captains of industry, crime leaders, and any other profession where control and power are required. They are the clan from whom the majority of Princes come. Ventrue are choosy who they embrace and who they feed from: every Ventrue feeds from a specific type of Vessel, and only from that type of vessel.

Sabbat Clans the Sabbat is a loose organization of Cainites who reject the Traditions. Unlike the Camarilla, the Sabbat believes in the Antediluvians and Caine. Also known as the Sword of Caine, as they believe they will be the army Caine will use to destroy the Antediluvians once Gehenna arrives.

Lasombra: The leaders of the Sabbat, the Lasombra slew their own Antediluvian during the Anarch Revoltand then led the Sabbat against the nascent Camarilla. The Lasombra are elegant, powerful, cruel and predatory espousers of a social darwinist approach towards control and leadership. The Lasombra are also masters of shadow, able to manipulate darkness in bizarre fashions; this power has a cost however, Lasombra cast no reflection.
Tzimisce: The Tzimisce hail from Eastern Europe, and are the former absolute masters of their nightmare domains. The Tzimisce are the least human vampires in VtM, casually cruel and more than a little mad, and possessing the most potent shapeshifting powers of any Vampire. Tzimisce can shift not only their shape, but mold flesh and bone like it was clay. The Tzimisce crave stability - they cannot find peace at night without some of their grave earth.

Independent Clans
Assamites: The Children of Haqim are a cult of assassins located in the mountain fortress of Alamut in the middle east. Descended from Caine's judge, the Assamites accept assassination contracts against vampires while fulfilling their clans own (more obscure) goals. The Assamites are practically a sect unto themselves, with three castes, each of which has its own weakness.
Giovanni: The Giovanni are a clan of Venetian businessmen and necromancers who entered the scene in the 15th century; originally an offset of the more sedate Cappadocians, Augustus Giovanni diablerized(drank his blood which is forbidden among vampires, it's punishable by death in the Camarilla) his sire and purged the clan of all Cappadocians. Since that time, the Giovanni have become a very rich, powerful and incestuously twisted family with tentacles throughout the world. The Giovanni do not feed lightly - Feeding is a nightmare for their Vessels, causing excess damage and intense pain.
Ravnos: The Ravnos are Vampires from the Indian subcontinent, where they are engaged in a genocidal war with India's Cathayans. The first Ravnos seen in the west were Gypsies and were generally assumed to be charlatans and rogues (which isn't that far off, since many Ravnos are charlatans and rogues), however the Ravnos adhere to a complex philosophy of enlightenment through destroying Maya. Each Ravnos has a vice, from gambling to plagiarism.
Setites: Descendants of the Egyptian God Set, the Setites are a Gnostic cult dedicated to overthrowing the rule of the tyrant gods who oppress all creatures. This makes them inconceivably evil to almost every other life form in the universe, as the Setites seek liberation through vice and by confronting the darkest corners of the soul. The Setites are creatures of Darkness, light does even more damage to them.

Dead Clans
Salubri: The Clan of Saulot, discoverer of Golconda. The Salubri were a clan of healers and demon-fighters. After the Tremere became vampires, the Founder Tremere sought out Saulot and diablerized him, they then launched a campaign against the clan, branding them as demon-worshippers and soul-stealers. There are pathetically few Salubri today.
Cappadocians: The original Clan of Death, the Cappadocians were a monastic order of vampires who studied death, the soul and the Embrace. They were destroyed by Augustus Giovanni in a coup d'etat. The Cappadocians were noted for their corpselike appearance, even more so than most Vampires.

For more information, please visit http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Vampire:_The_Masquerade
Help me revive the game's forgotten glory and unique characters, clans and stories by joining NOW. The blood of Caine has never been gone to waste...

Content is MATURE. Ages 18+ only. AND I DON'T ACCEPT PEOPLE WHO WRITE ONLY ONE LINE AND THINK IT'S TOTALLY FINE.
E-mail: bethlax@rocketmail.com

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Elizabethlax
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter

Re: Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines PLAYERS WANTED

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CortexiphanGirl on Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:12 am

Elizabethlax,

Please include a link to your roleplay if you have created one. However, if you haven't created a roleplay - then this thread should be in the Interest Checks forum. Please let me know either way.

-Lilaiy

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

CortexiphanGirl
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Elizabethlax on Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:08 pm

I haven't created a RP, I was hoping I would gather some people first and then see how we're going to do it.

Elizabethlax
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RedRaine on Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:54 am

Well. Garnering interest for topics is meant for the "Interest Checks" forum. Roleplayers wanted is for existing roleplays only. If that helps any to clarify that matter.
~Still trying to fit all of my dreams in a pokeball.

RedRaine
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Contributor Lifegiver Visual Appeal Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Elizabethlax on Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:06 am

I'm sorry I didn't know, I'm new to this page, do I have to delete my post?

Elizabethlax
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby StardustNGoldyn on Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:32 am

Most definitely interested, but I haven't played the game. What sort of "alternative" did you have in mind? (I haven't figured out how to send a private message on here, so forgive me for asking this way.)

StardustNGoldyn
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DeprivedFear on Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:13 pm

I haven't played the game either. I'm kind of confused about what to do.. Do you like have to like pick a clan then fight? Do you allow forbbiden love or stuff like that? I'm very sorry , I'm acting like a moron. I'm going to read the description again or try the good ol' fashion google..

DeprivedFear
Member for 12 years
Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!