Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Mass Effect (IC thread)

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: Mass Effect (IC thread)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lucideo on Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:03 pm

''Time to sell and buy some stuff'' I murmered to myself as I made my way to the space docks.

(i forgot the name >.<, its the main city u start out in with c-sec and such)

The elevator brong me up to C-SEC area, ''aw crap'' I thought. Two C-SEC officers made their way to me, ''hey krogan, you better not start any trouble'' said the C-Sec officer all high and mighty, ''or what? foolish human'' I said with a sinister laugh as I pushed him outta the way to make my way to the next elevator across from me. I made my way up to the surface, everything seems so happy and such, ''disgusting'' I thought as I made my way to a cab to take me to Choras Den to deal with some business. Somebody bumped into me, ''HEY HUMAN WHAT WHERE THE HELL YOUR GOING STUPID'' I yelled with such power and might, more than what the C-Sec officer had given. The human smiled and snickered, ''right right whatever'' said the foolish human. ''BAH! you little inferiore human scum... WATCH WHAT YOU SAY OR ELSE ILL CRUSH YOU LIKE AH BUG'' I said to him up close as I grabed him by the collare of his shirt and threw him across the floor, hitting into a bush. ''BASTARD'' yelled the human in pain.

''I see you havn't learned, and you say Krogan are stupid BAH!'' I dont have time to waste with the likes of you... weaklying! BUAHAHAH!'' I made my way to the bullet cab and checked my destination, ''Choras Den''

**LOADING**
**LOADING**
**LOADING**
**LOADING**

Arriving at... Choras Den...

I made my way to the enterance of Choras Den, the doors opening, the smell of smoke and beer filled my nose. I stumble upon exodic Asari dancers, ''oh yeah'' I said to myself as I made my way to the bar tender lady. ''Hey bar tender, I wana beer'' I said in a firm voice. She went and got me a beer, ''that'll be 10 credits'' said the bar tender lady. ''Jeez, 10 credits for a beer? thats a robe'' I said as I handed her the 10 credits with a laugh, she laughed too. Probally in fear. I took the beer and sat down in the corner to sit down in front of an Asari as she did a lap dance, drinking my beer in a flash I tossed it on the floor. ''damn Asari are so fiine'' as I snickered. Suddenly I noticed my servent walk into Coras Den. ''Party time'' I said in a whisper as I rose up away from the lap dancing Asari. ''Hey Dante, wheres my money'' I said all calm like. ''uh.. oh shit... hey Hermies...'' said Dante in fear.

''sooo where my damn money?'' I said once more as I drew closer to him in a hostle way with an ugly mean face on, ''uh yeah about that, I still need a week ah'' said Dante as he backed up but I kept drawing closer to him. ''oh, oh ok, well just to let you know I'm not giving you anymore fucking chances you scum bag'' I said as I pushed him, ''HEY... Hermies, come on dont, dont do this bro'' said Dante. I spat on the floor, ''you mutha fuck... I'm not your bro and you know what if you can get the money than I'm going to kll you!'' I said. This time Dante took out a weak striker pistol, in a flash I grabed his right arm and broke it. Punching him in the face, knocking a few teeth out, as he flew he drew and spew blood all about. ''HEY HEY HEY, IF YOU GOING TO FIGHT TAKE IT OUTSIDE'' said the bartender lady, ''Hey lady shut the fuck up'' said some punk in the backround. I ran to Dante as he flew pretty far back, I picked him up as his gun droped outta his hands. I then punched him again, this time he flew into a table, I walked on over to him as he despertly tryed to get up looking like a fool. I kicked him, he hit into the wall, ''gahh'' said Dante in pain.

''Please... Hermies... Dont...'' said Dante as he crid in pain. I picked up a glass bottle from the table next to me and poured the reming alchoal in the bottle, ''get the fuck outta her, dont come here ever again or else you'll lose your life Dante'' I said as I picked him up one more last time, I threw him across the room, he hit into the enterance door. He rose up in a daze and ran as fast as he could away from Coras Den.

''BAH'' I said as I went back to the Asari to get a lap dance

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lucideo
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:37 am

When Black arrived at the docks, he found several men and aliens pointing guns at eachother. Among them he saw a C-Sec officer, as well as several dead krogans on the ground. One of the men with guns also was a krogan, and a Turian completed the group. He stopped not far away, trying to get an idea of what was going on from the conversation and making sure he wasn't walking into a gunfight. The dead krogans bothered him a bit. While he was no racist, he knew krogans were a hot-tempered species - one he made sure to stay on the good side of. The dead ones on the ground was cause for some unrest. When he failed miserably at trying to figure out what was going on, he cleared his throat, catching their attention, and scratched his neck.

"My apologies... Am I interrupting?" He looked around. "I'm looking for Captain Anderson. I was told I was to report for duty under his command onboard the..." He looked at his mission orders. "...the Durandal." He had only heard briefly about the Durandal. Though it was a state of the art ship, he knew nothing of its captain or crew, and so he didn't recognize Captain Lilah Anderson even though she was right in front of him.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Loxley
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheWalrus on Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:51 pm

*The C-Sec officer finished his inspection of the Krogans, and reported his findings to the others, keeping the information out of the ears of the Durandal's crew. Meanwhile, another C-Sec Turian had gone over the data from the Omni-Tool, and another had finished recording the testimonies of the crew. The lead C-Sec officer took out a pair of handcuffs and addressed Jimmy.*

"It is the finding of this Citadel Security team that you are guilty of the charges filed against you. You will be taken into custody and put in holding until your proper trial and sentencing."

*The large Turian moves behind Jimmy, handcuffs him, and begins to lead him away from the Durandal...*
Take my love, take my land, take me where I cannot stand. I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

TheWalrus
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby STK1200 on Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:15 am

Okay, even though this wasn't your decision, I am out of here, I was just trying to create a playable setting so that it wouldn't end up being solely fighting and that there would at least be something to role play on the ship. Good luck.

STK1200
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jackarhius on Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:19 am

(Well it's your own fault, you shouldn't have barged in saying you set the krogans up, you fucked everything up before you even got to know any of us...)
Hey doods, whas hapening I wus like, ow my fraken head!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I put soap in em :P - Gir - Invader Zim

Jackarhius
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheGoddessReborn on Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:25 am

(what's going on you guys? why all the hostility?)

TheGoddessReborn
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Target on Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:39 pm

(It wasn't hostility. It was a bad call, and the characters reacted as such. I am all for roleplay not involving fighting. it's why I'm the pilot. But if someone comes out, and takes the blame for assaults on people, they act angry, well intentioned joke or not. and without your posts, we had nothing to go on but our own instincts and judgment. This was a realistic way things would play out with the info we had available. Sorry if it offends or angers people, but... that's how it goes sometimes.)
If you mess with me, you WILL be hippyfied. You are officially warned.

You lived what anybody gets, Bernie. You got a lifetime.
~Death

How's the general public today?
Off it's meds.
~Ian and Matt Machall

Target
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheWalrus on Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:26 am

(OOC: I agree. You can't barge into an RP, or anything for that matter and take responsibility for trying to kill the other people. It tends to piss us off. Coming in as the "bad guy" is a really poor way to make a first impression. I can't think of a worse way to enter a RP then what STK1200 did.

However, I think we should just move on and continue with the RP.)

*Vi'car watched as the C-Sec men led Jimmy away. A Turian prison, even on the Citadel, was no place for a Human; especially an one in for attempted murder. Vi'car sighed in disgust: Jimmy would never see trial, he would be killed by the other inmates before then, at least, that was Vi'car's experience. He turned and faced Black, speaking to him in a tired voice.*

"Hello. I am Vi'car Innortallis. I apologize for the confusion, everything seems to be worked out now. Commander Anderson is right over there."

TheWalrus
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:42 am

Black moved up into attention when Vi'car directed him to the captain, and saluted her mechanically:

"My apologies, Captain, ma'am! I didn't see your stripes. Master Sergeant Shelton Black at your service. I was told to report for duty onboard the Durandal under your command." He handed over his transfer orders, and felt obliged to confess that he had run away from the medbay against his specific orders for another few days of rest: "My orders were to remain in the medbay for another few days, but I don't like to sit on my hands. I'm fully fit for active duty, ma'am." His cybernetic left arm twitched just slightly as he continued: "And my...disability won't hinder me in the field." Again he felt the rising fear that he would be put on paperwork duty, pulled away from the battlefield, where he belonged.
Last edited by Loxley on Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Loxley
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Target on Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:42 pm

Sam shrugged it all off with a deep breath. He shook his head, turned on his heel, and walked back towards the Durandal. He noticed MSGT Black's rank, threw a hasty salute to the captain as he left the area, and went to the bridge station. he leaned back in the pilot's chair, and stared at the ceiling.

"Man, I thought this duty was gonna be FUN..." Sam activated his Omni-tool, and began to fiddle with some of the instrumentation. He brought the turrets back to stand-by, and sighed, again. he keyed the comm unit.

"Ma'am, we are due at the council meeting in T-minus two hours, and C-Sec has sent us a form letter, stating that they are taking the investigation and trial, and forms for extradition and the like. I'll forward that to Administration back at the fleet. When you have a bit, I think the crew may need some talking to. Lieutenant Ziegler out." Sam only used his title when he was depressed or exhausted. He leaned back even further and shut his eyes, letting himself be carried into the half-light between awake and asleep.

Target
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheGoddessReborn on Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:43 am

*she smiled while looking at the master sargent.* "as ease soilder." *she wanted to punch him in the gut and see just what kind of condition he was in. she winded back innocently and stuck him dead in the gut. she looked at his face to see what reaction he would have. she then got a call from sam who flashed her rank, which he never does. she was worried and shook her head and he cut the transmition. Liliah looked back at black to see if he fell on the floor yet.*

TheGoddessReborn
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Conquerer_Man on Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:25 am

John had stayed in his quarters the whole time after the incedent on the docks. He had been cleaning and preping his gear for the meeting with the Council. His suit was cleaned and pressed, and all it's medals buffed and shined. He slipped his shoes on, shining in the light of his room. He stepped out of his quarters. "In another half-hour," he said commenting on the time. He walked up to the holomap, seeing if anyone else was ready.
Practioner of the Free Market

Sometimes, all you'll ever going to find is a spoon.

"Nationalism is the destroyer of nations; patriotism the preserver"

Conquerer_Man
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Person of Interest Lifegiver Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:52 am

Black was taken completely by surprise from the captain's attack. Even so, clutching his stomach, he remained standing, grimacing and trying to catch his breath. "That's one hell of a punch you're packing there, Captain, ma'am." He managed to say through the breaths of air and gritted teeth. It seemed he had been assigned to a real hard-ass of a captain; he'd seen their type before, the kind that enjoyed hitting his or her crew when they failed them, the kind that kept the crew held together with fear and not respect.

"But I'm afraid my only wound is in my arm, not my chest." He looked at his left arm, again twitching slightly. He wondered if it was a side-effect of his body's refusal to accept the new cybernetic arm. "I was captured by space pirates during a mission along with my squad, ma'am, and they killed my arm during the torture, by severing the tendons. This is a cybernetic replacement... That's why I was ordered to remain in the medbay by the doctors there. But as I said, I can fight just fine." He added. "And I'm tired of hanging around there like some useless retired peace of crap." For a moment his voice got passionate, almost on the brink of shouting, and, realizing he was almost shouting at his commanding officer, he grimaced and quickly added: "My apologies, ma'am.", waiting for another hit to come.

(OOC: I know she's not a bully-type officer, just that that's Black's first impression of her, haha)

Loxley
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheGoddessReborn on Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:03 am

*she covered her mouth and said.* "oh my god! i'm so sorry.. i just.." *she embraced him and used her biotic to heal his wound.* "i am truly sorry.. can you forgive me?" *she sad taking out her ponytail and letting her long flowing hair fall*

TheGoddessReborn
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:11 am

Black straightened up.
"It's no problem, ma'am." He said as the pain dissapated. "Just, please, don't put me on some desktop duty or maintenance or something. I'm a soldier, and I can still fight."

Loxley
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jackarhius on Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:02 am

Jack moved out from under the outside Mako repair bay "Master Seargent Black? Black is that you, holy shit! Weren't you at the fight at the citadel! Dude I used to serve in your squad, I was the rookie! You know the guy that accidentaly shot a krogan and thought I was in shit for it but then it turned out we were supposed to kill it! Oh my god it is you!" Jack laughed standing up and taking a good look at him. "I'm Seargent Reid, used to be a private under you man. You probably don't remember me well 'cause I was only there for like....2 months then I was shipped off to the Traverse area because of strange activity. Holy crap, it'll be good serving with you again!" He chuckled. "Oh yeah, this may be too much to ask but can you help me with his Mako, it's fucked up real bad and I can't do it on my own." He asked politely.

(OOC: I really hope you don't mind that Jack has met you before, but if you want I could edit it.)

Jackarhius
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Loxley on Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:12 am

Black turned, and his eyes almost popped out of his skull.
"I don't believe this! Shit, it's the Kid!" He seemed to forget that the Captain was there for a moment. "Damn, it's good to see a friendly face." He patted the guy on the shoulder. "And hey, you did good whacking that bloody krogan." He then grimaced. "I'm sorry to say it, but you and I are the only ones left of that squad. Niwe lost his legs in a space battle when we were out hunting pirates... He's back on Earth now working as a salesman." He gritted his teeth a bit. "The others were all killed during the interrogations... I'm the only one who made it out." He shook his head.

"Anyway, it's good to see you again, kid." He said then, giving a smile. "And hell yeah, I'll help you out with the Mako. Though we can't do as good a job as Wolfram. That guy could do pure magic with an engine... But we'll get her fixed up in no time." With that, he followed Jack over to the Mako to help out. Despite the pain in his arm, and the fear of being pulled away from the field, he felt uplifted over seeing a familiar face again. Maybe, just maybe he'd fit into this crew just fine.

(OOC: No problemo. It'll be fun, haha.)

Loxley
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jackarhius on Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:53 am

"Yeah I heard about that...I wen't to see Niwe last month." Jack shook his head, "Well at least you killed those bastards. And I sure do wish Wolfram, but at least two of you got out. Thanks for the compliment but I'm better with a wrench than an assault rifle nowadays." Jack smiled. "Ok, it seems the external damage is several explosion and slug hits have decreased the shield and hull, it'll take two of us to sort out the shield. But the internal drive core I can fix myself, while I'm doing that you should probably be able to sort out the leaks and power shortage burst in the engine." Jack explained the damage to his former leader, his day had brightened slightly by this coincidential meeting. He climbed up and hopped inside of the Mako, "This won't take us long old freind." He smiled to himself. He picked up the plasma wrench and the Power tool, then he got to work on the drive core trying not to electricute himself while he did it.

Jackarhius
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Target on Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:10 pm

Sam finally stood up and got out from the pilot's chair. He sighed and walked off the bridge, back to his quarters. The Durandal was bigger than most, and made to be far more luxurious than the other Frigates in the Fleet. Sam, as a bridge officer, warranted solo quarters, though they were barely large enough for him. He peeled the armor and his day uniform off, and began to arrange his Dress uniform appropriately. his shoes weren't shined, but he had Coroframs, the staple of Honor guard units, shoes with a built in high-luster than wouldn't fade. He stared art it a while, reminiscing about the academy, before he began to pull the uniform on.

Target
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jackarhius on Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:22 pm

sat up from the core and got out of the Mako and lit a cigarrette, "You wan't one?' He asked offering one to Black, his face was as sweaty as Jack's, jack picked up his helmet and clicked a button on the side and a song came on.
Jack and Black knew the song well because Jack, Niwe and Wolfram used to sing to to piss Black off, but in the end they all started to drink and smoke and have a good laugh while playing the song. Jack looked over at Black and laughed, then began to sing with the intro of the song.
"Some people call me the space cowboy, yeah
Some call me the gangster of love
Some people call me Maurice
Cause I speak of the pompitous of love"

"C'mon Black join in" He laughed.

"People talk about me, baby
Say I'm doin' you wrong, doin' you wrong
Well, don't you worry baby
Don't worry
Cause I'm right here, right here, right here, right here at home

Cause I'm a picker
I'm a grinner
I'm a lover
And I'm a sinner
I play my music in the sun

I'm a joker
I'm a smoker
I'm a midnight toker
I sure don't want to hurt no one

I'm a picker
I'm a grinner
I'm a lover
And I'm a sinner

I'm a joker
I'm a smoker
I'm a midnight toker
I get my lovin' on the run
Wooo Wooooo

You're the cutest thing
That I ever did see
I really love your peaches
Want to shake your tree
Lovey-dovey, lovey-dovey, lovey-dovey all the time
Ooo-eee baby, I'll sure show you a good time

Cause I'm a picker
I'm a grinner
I'm a lover
And I'm a sinner

I'm a joker
I'm a smoker
I'm a midnight toker
I get my lovin' on the run

I'm a picker
I'm a grinner
I'm a lover
And I'm a sinner

I'm a joker
I'm a smoker
I'm a midnight toker
I sure don't want to hurt no one

Wooo Woooo

People keep talking about me baby
They say I'm doin' you wrong
Well don't you worry, don't worry, no don't worry mama
Cause I'm right here at home

You're the cutest thing
That I ever did see
I really love your peaches
Want to shake your tree
Lovey-dovey, lovey-dovey, lovey-dovey all the time
Ooo-eee baby, I'll sure show you a good time"

Jack laughed and threw the butt of the ciggarette on to the floor and stood on it, "Let's get on with the shield generator then." He said still chuckling.

Jackarhius
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!