Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Global Defense: Downfall (IC)

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Global Defense: Downfall (IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EdenAlliance on Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:00 am

Hadrian quickly issued orders as his men setup all the high-tech equipment of a standard GDI field command post. Men and women scurried from computer to computer, discussing information and data with each other. Scanners began to come online and information was pouring in real time. Hadrian's Steel Talon division was quick to realize that they weren't in Kansas anymore. Not only did they not seem to be in Kansas anymore they didn't seem to be in the same dimension. By configuring star charts they figured out that they were in the year 2009 on the planet earth but there was no trace of Tiberium anywhere on the planet. Tiberium infestation had taken place sometime in the late 1990s and a good portion of the planet would be uninhabitable, however none appeared on any of the GDI scans of this planet.

Hadrian sat in his command tent pondering over the first round of scans his men had brought him. He also ran his eyes over the injured and killed in action lists. He noticed a number of his close personal friends on the KIA list and rested his forehead in his hand for a moment. Once again Kane had escaped GDI's... no his... grasp. He pounded the table once again reaffirming his oath to capture that bastard Kane.

Hadrian left his tent and continued to survey the base as it was coming to completion. He began to assess the new information that the more specific sensors had established. After finding out that the main database was online he entered a new encryption sequence. "Computer Recognize Commander Joseph Hadrian, Commander Global Defense Initiative Steel Talons Division." Hadrian said to the computer.

"Commander, Hadrian, Joseph... Recognized. EVA responding to your commands... please input orders..." the Electronic Video Agent said back.

"EVA, new security protocol. Main technological database access only by Commander Joseph Hadrian. Access code Hadrian-1-7-3-4-6-7-3-2-1-4-7-6-Charlie-3-2-7-8-9-7-7-7-6-4-3-Tango-7-3-2-Victor-7-3-1-1-7-8-8-8-7-3-2-4-7-6-7-8-9-7-6-4-3-7-6-Omicron-Omicron-Alpha-Yellow-Daystar-2-7" Hadrain said responding to EVA's request for orders.

"New Access Code created. Access denied to all except Commander Joseph Hadrian." EVA responded.

Once Hadrian had made sure that no one from this time could access GDI's advanced technology he had to consider how he and his people were going to survive. No doubt the authorities of this planet will have noticed their arrival. Perhaps they were proto-GDI or something of that sort. Just in case they happened to be hostile he had his men set up an extensive defense network. His men work feverishly to setup everything their commander ordered. Surprisingly they could fabricate everything they needed from the supplied they had on hand.

As Hadrian just finished telling his men to take a break one of the men monitoring a sensor bank started yelling. "SIR! Four approaching aircraft at high speeds. No markings that we recognize..." the man barked out. This news put Hadrian in an awkward position... if he were to fire on the craft unprovoked he could start a war but if he waited to long, he and his men could all be dead. Hadrian decided to air on the side of caution. He let the vehicles get close enough and then Hadrian gave the order in an attempt to hail them on all channels.

Finally one of the communications experts was able to contact the incoming planes using a military channel not used since before the first tiberium war by a military of a country once known as the United States.

"This is Commander Joseph Hadrian of the Steel Talon's Advanced Technology Division of the Global Defense Initiative, identify yourself." he said into his helmet.
At first a few clicks and murmurs were all that could be heard on the other side of the radio. Then a voice came on. "This is General Hawk of the GI Joes, we are a highly trained Secret-Ops team composed of men and women from around the globe. They're the first and last line of defense against forces that seek to plunge the world into chaos. Tell your men to stand down or we will be forced to take action. You have fired upon another unknown party and we will not hesitate to neutralize your threat." Hawk responded.

"General I'm not sure who you are or who you represent but we seem to be on the same side... however, we are in a land foreign to use so I must ask you to stand down first as we are not sure if you can be trusted. I do promise however that the Global Defense Initiative is here to protect the world from chaos as much as you are. Once you land my men will stand down. You have my word of honor as an officer." Hadrian said.

Once again murmurs and clicks on the other line. Without another word the four planes descended from the sky to land on the outskirts of the Talon's base camp. The plane's hatch opened to reveal a man in simple military combat fatigues. Hadrian still clad in his full GDI military armor didn't seem to bother this man in the slightest bit. What did seem to shake him was how quickly he was able to shed the armor to reveal himself to also be a man in simple combat fatigues. As Hadrian walked up to the General he eyed him over for a minute before saluting the man. Joseph had always been a man to obey rank, it was one of the qualities that had been instilled in him. Hawk saluted back. Both groups of troops seemed surprised at this show of military honors. Hadrian came down from his salute and shook hands with the General.

"General, as I said over the comm, I am commander Joseph Hadrian. We were part of a strike force that was attacking a Brotherhood of Nod installation in an attempt to arrest a war criminal when he unleashed a weapon of massive power which somehow brought us here..." Hadrain said as he watched Hawk's men staring at all the strange technology around them. Everything from the guns to the computers look incredibly advanced. "Where we are from the Brotherhood seek to destabilize and takeover the world through coercion and terrorism. We made it our task to stop them. We are backed by the G8 nations, which I'm not sure you have, and we have been rather successful in preventing any advances by NOD, save capturing their leader Kane." Hadrian was interrupted at this point by a laughing Hawk. "Sir?" Hadrian questioned.

"You just described the arch-enemy of the Joes commander. Except here they are called COBRA." Hawk said he a smile on his face.

"There are a few other things. However they would best be discussed out of the presence of your and my men. Being that you arrived here as quickly as you did without drop-pod technology makes me believe that you have a base nearby. My men can be ready to leave in twenty minutes." Hadrian said.

"There is one thing commander... despite your good intentions I will need you to completely disarm and we will need to clear you first..." Hawk began but Hadrian interrupted.

"Frankly sir, I cannot comply. Our technology is far to valuable for us to leave here. Secondly there is no way you can clear us. GDI clearly doesn't exist here and we are clearly from the future." Hadrian said staring blankly at Hawk.

"Fine. But we will be watching." Hawk said as he motioned for his men to move out.

Hadrian ordered his men to do the same... at the same moment his second in command questioned trusting these people but Hadrian waved off his suspicions. Hawk seemed like a man of upstanding military honor, he trusted him.
The Old King is Dead.... LONG LIVE THE KING!
~Proud Member of the Imperiatical Society~

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

EdenAlliance
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Global Defense: Downfall (IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Incognito on Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:06 am

Hyde's fist slammed into the shoulder of his friend's Zone Trooper suit. Charles took a few steps back from the force, he was grinning. The three of them were gathered around a make-shift shooting range. They had set up a few targets from empty barrels, boxes, and other disregarded items and were taking hot shots, trying to best one another. Bets were also involved.

"Fuck you Charles!"

Alexander retorted to his friend's perfect shot. The man had plugged a round dead center of the crate he had called out and now Hyde was in debt. He didn't like debt! The only thing good about debt was when you died it pissed a lot of people off. Alex gritted his teeth and spat on the sand at their feet.

"I bet you fifty I could shoot the ass off that fat lizard over there!"

He raised a mechanized hand and pointed to where a large desert lizard lay on a sand dune, basking itself in the mid-day sun. Charles and Arthur both laughed in response to Hyde's bet. Hyde wasn't known for his expert shooting skills. Thats not to say he wasn't deadly with his rifle but his tactical know-how allowed him to get close enough to targets where he didn't really need to aim. He was often so close then one burst from his 'Ripper' would take down three or four targets.

"HAHAHA! Hyde, you can't aim for shit! I'll take that bet!"

Glaring at Charles he raised his rifle and took aim. The Zone Trooper Suits made it hard to raise the rifle past mid-chest hight. They were designed for protection, not for agility and dexterity.

"I'm gunna make you eat those words, Charles."

Alexander bit his lip and squeezed the trigger. There was a thunderous bark from his gun as the projectile burst forth in a small puff of smoke that oozed from the barrel. Looking at the dune, the lizard lay in two pieces, blown clear in half from the shot. Hyde raised hi rifle in the air and made a few vulgar thrusts in Charles direction while shouting,

"OOOOOOH YEAH! Mother fucker! Told you! You can't touch this! Can't touch this babeeeee!"

Arthur was busy laughing and holding the mid-section of his suit. He was doubled over and tears rolled down his dusty cheeks. Charles looked less happy. He was frowning and crossed his arms as Hyde danced around, gloating about his victory. He didn't notice the four planes landing on the other side of camp.

"Whatever man, that was pure luck."

"Says the man who owes me fifty!"

"Oh no, no, NO! I owe you ten!"

Hyde stopped dancing and looked at Charles, then Arthur.

"Wha?"

"You had a forty worth of debt... I owe you ten."

Alex gritted his teeth and glared.

"Just pay me the fifty now and I'll pay you forty later!"

"Not a chance... You get ten."

Arthur chimed in.

"Yo, you two can settle this shit later. I'm thirsty, lets just go get a drink."

The three Zone Troopers nodded and turned around towards the base.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Incognito
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FromTheAshes on Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:54 am

Rachel grit her teeth as she stood in he main hall of the ship, watching Hawk walk down the ramp unarmed and into the camp of an unknown group. He has done this on several occasions, and on several occasions, it turned ugly. Swearing in her mind, Rachel stood just at the lip of the gate, holding her modified sniper rifle, aimed at the supposed commander of the camp. Her new camouflage suite was the newest and most high tech that the Joes had, an all white skin tight body suite that covered her from head to toe, and a dark pair of goggles to cover her eyes. Once activated, she became completely invisible to the naked eye, to thermal sensors and electromagnetic sensors. So unless this man’s technology or senses were advanced enough to see her, then they just may be from where they say they are from.

Rachel stood, frozen in place as she carefully listened to the surrounding noise. There were several in the camp, and then a few in large suites of metal. This man Hawk was talking to, Hadrian, seemed to be an interesting character, and also explained his group as if they were on the 'good' side. Her amber eyes narrowed behind the dark goggles covering most of her face, her body tensing slightly when the man spoke about who they defended, and who else was possibly here, which she would believe since that is what got the Joes attention in the first place.

FromTheAshes
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Incognito on Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:37 pm

Hyde pulled up a chair and sat down. The thee Zone Troopers were now in the mess tent, each with a large bottle of water in hand. They were busy discussing the events that had unfolded between swigs of life giving liquid. Hyde snarled.

“Fuck Kane! That bastards going to get what’s coming to him!”

“Amen to that, brother. If the man wasn’t such a chicken shit
”

“Charles, I don’t think you’re givin credit where credit is due. The man is a mastermind!”

Hyde turned to Arthur.

“Oh yeah, blasting us back in time and into another dimension
 He’s a fucking genius!”

Charles started laughing then took a swig of water. Hyde continued.

“A real man would have taken a bullet and called it quits
 sted he triggers some ‘IWIN’ button
 Ridiculous.”

“OH, looks whose talking! You remember that time we were cornered and instead ‘being a man and taking a bullet’ you pulled the pin on a grenade and flung yourself forward?”

Arthur had a point
 it was basically the same thing, but Hyde wasn’t going to admit it openly. It wasn’t the same damnit! He had a plan when he did that!

“That’s different
 I had a plan.”

Arthur pressed on, determined to make his point.

“You think this wasn’t part of Kane’s plan?”

“HAHA! I doubt it, unless he is planning to die, cuz I’m gunna shoot him no matter what dimension he’s in.”

The three men raised their water and cheered. It didn't mater whose plan it was, they were going to kill Kane, one way or the other and nothing was going to stop them, not even time its self. Nothing.

Incognito
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EdenAlliance on Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:50 am

As the conversation was wrapping up between Command Hadrian and General Hawk, one of the soldiers monitoring the surrounding area began to complete a routine stealth scan. All was clear until he happened upon one of the jets that had brought down General Hawk. There was a stealthed figure with a gun pointing directly at the Commander. The man quickly hurried over to a number of the men standing around quietly talking about the intruders.

After hearing what the soldier had to say a number of the troops quietly walked around the back of the aircraft. They quickly switched on their gear and allowed the soldier monitoring the situation to ping the stealthed unit. One of the Zone troops sprung into action activating his jet pack launching him at the stealthed soldier. Grabbing whoever it was and taking them up into the sky, before hurling them back down to Earth.

"Sir! Stealth trooper!" the soldier yelled before another soldier grabbed the Command and hurried him away for the moment.

Commander Hadrian quickly re-entered his battlesuit and grabbed his rifle. He returned to see a zone trooper with his foot on the chest of a bodyless head with his gun pointed right at her.

In a moment Hawk had seen what the GDI was capable of. Not only could they dected the most advanced technology that they had but then had instantanously neutralized one of his best men... er women.

"Get this damn lug off of me. Same team." The woman shouted.

"This true Hawk?" Hadrian questioned the general.

"It's true Rachel is one of ours. She was just keeping an eye on the situation..." Hawk said.

"You do realize that the majority of our enemies use cloaking technology to attack us on a regular basis and you've just made it about a thousand times harder for me to convince my men that you and your Joes are trustworthy. Maxwell let her up..." Hadrian said rasing his now metal-clad hand to his forhead. "Lets get the fuck out of this desert before another mishap happens. We will travel seperatly. I assume you still use miltiary coordinates... please give the coordinates for your base to EVA..." Hadrian said to the General, no longer being as cordial. As the Commander walked away the soldier took his foot off Rachel's chest and walked away without another thought.

"EVA?" General Hawk questioned.

"Electronic Video Agent, she... it is a battlefield intelligence that runs the vast majority of GDI intelligence gathering and processing features. She basically keeps our army running. She handles battlefield deployment and troop movements. She is basically the General in charge of our wars without ever having joined the military. She also handles our logistics, as well as storing all of our technical specifications." Hadrian said.

"Wow." Hawk said in amazement as he walked over to the computer with Hadrian.

"EVA, recognize Hadrian, Joseph Commander Steel Talons, security code Omnicron-Omega-Sentari-Alpha-Alpha-Delta-Tengo-5-4-3-7-88-89." Hadrian said talking to the motionless animated face on the screen.

"Security code recognized. What can I do for you commander?" The AI asked pleasntly.

"I need you to add General Hawk here as a normal user, do not recognize rank for the moment. All him to program from destination coordinates." Hadrian said before walking away.

Hawk then gave EVA the coordinates of the Joe's base. Almost instantly the buildings around them began to deconstruct. The Joes stood in amazement as the military base around them, which had been constructed in under and hour was deconstructed in an even shorter period of time. In a moment there were simply about twenty vehicles idling in what used to be a fully fuctioning military base. One of the Orca fighter jets landed next to Commander Hadrian. He climbed aborad and jetted off to the rondevoux coordinates.

EdenAlliance
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FromTheAshes on Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:52 am

While Rachel stayed focused, she never really considered the idea of someone being able to grab her. Before she knew what was happened, Rachel felt her body leave the ground. Losing focus, Rachel tried her best to twist free, or find any weak spot in the armor. Feeling the metal, her mind caught up just in time to see the thing holding her just as it threw her down to the ground. Her rifle spun away from her and just as she was about to roll back, the heavy metal food came down on her chest. From the force of the throw, her hood had fell off and her goggles were around her neck.

As useless as she knew it was, she pushed against this foot trying to relieve some of the pressure. "Get this damn lug off of me. Same team." she growled, her amber eyes looking towards Hadrian and narrowing from her frustration of being taken out so easily. After a brief exchange, the man moved his foot. Rachel took in a deep breath, filling her lungs and let it out slowly. Touching a small pad on her shoulder, the rest of her body became visible. Climbing to her feet, Rachel picked up her rifle and rested it over her shoulder. "Let's see you do that without your fancy suite," she mumbled to herself.

Before she could continue, Rachel stared in awe as the GDI's camp moved upon it own will. Moving and folding, a strange computer that they called EVA controlling everything. "Outstanding," she breathed. Shaking her head, Rachel waited for Hawk and followed him back onto the ship. "So, what do you think of this group?"

FromTheAshes
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Incognito on Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:50 pm

“Sounds like a fight
”

Charles said calmly after finishing the bottled water. Authur and Hyde both nodded in agreement. A few Zone Troopers rushed passed the group towards where the jets had landed. Something was going down. Hyde jumped up and grabbed his rifle.

“Well come on
 They won’t win without us!”

All three marched off towards where Commander Hadrain was talking with Hawks. There was a rather skinny woman pinned to the ground by an assault Zone Trooper and everything seemed under control. Moments later the woman was on her feet and visible.
The three Zone Troopers turned around and watched as their base deconstructed for mobility. All three exchanged glances, this meant walking. A lot of walking in a hot desert
 How fun.

“I guess we’re on the move then
”

Arthur said to the others. They nodded in reply and got ready to move out.

“That’s why sucks about being a Grunt,”

Hyde said.

“You never really know what’s going on.”

The three of them chuckled and shouldered their rifles. It was time to move out and they were ready.

Incognito
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby EdenAlliance on Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:38 pm

As the ground opened up to reveal a massive base the Orca carrying Commander Hadrian descended. After the plane landed a massive platform shot up the tube to the surface to take all of the vehicles down to the underground labyrinth. Hadrian felt right at home inside the massive base, with soldiers and vehicles scurrying around. As he dismounted the Orca he watched his men and vehicles descend from above. Hadrian's men entered the base with the rest of their division and were shown to quarters by the Joes.

Hawk walked up to Hadrian and patted him on the back. "Sorry about the misunderstanding on the surface, we just have to be as careful as you. I'm going to have to have you speak with our command to get things set up. I assume your not willing to flat out join us are you?" Hawk questioned as he walked with the Commander to the command room.

"I'm afraid that would be out of the question sir, however we are going to need all of your help to track down and capture Kane. It is vital that he not be able to establish himself in this time line as the chaos that follows will no doubt be catastrophic." Hadrian said as he followed Hawk. As they continued forward, one of Hadrian's aides ran up to him... "Sir, Sergent Max Hartwell just died, there was nothing we can do..." the aide said. "Bring me a list of suitable candidates to replace him." Hadrian said coldly. After shaking his head for a second at another life lost in the pursuit of that bastard Kane, he continued to follow Hawk.

"General Hawk what do you have for me?" the unnamed General standing holographically in front of him said.

"This is Commander Joseph Hadrian of the Global Defense Initiative, they are from another Earth in another time, and most defiantly in the future. They were transported here when the war criminal they were hunting in their time activated some type of device that transported he and his men to our time line. As of this moment there is no known way to get them back and we have no idea where this Kane has gone. I have sent out a priority one alert to all NATO and Governmental forces to be on the lookout for possible dissidents." Hawk responded dutifully.

"Very well. Commander Hadrian you have the full support of NATO and the Joes. However, the Joes are a classified project as you and your men are now. Civilian casualties are a no no, and you must be sure not to announce your presence..." the still unnamed general said.

"Well sir, I must say I'm not accustomed to having to sneak around but I'm sure General Hawk will be able to assist us by keeping a low profile. I have some technological specifications that might come in very helpful. No doubt Kane and his Brotherhood will start building a base in any region that has a high rate of destabilization. He will offer weapons, and money to anyone who will house him..." Hadrian was saying when he was interrupted.

"Commander there is one other thing. The terrorist group COBRA will likely side with your Kane and further complicate the situation. We must maintain who is on whose side..." the general said.

"Understood." Hadrian said.

"Based on my military authority I'm elevating your rank to be that equal with General Hawks. You may keep your title if you wish. You two are now partners, because I have no doubt in my mind that this Kane and Cobra Commander will join forces. We must do everything in our power to stop them." the General added.

"Sir, I would like to make a recommendation." Hadrian announced.

"By all means." the general responded.

"I would like to override all friendly governmental computers with our own coding. None of them will be safe without it.... Nod has about fifty years of encryption experience on your best defenses and it needs to be updated." Hadrian recommended.

"How would that be accomplished. The Joe's security system took years to program and link together..." the general questioned.

"It would take you telling me." Hadrian responded.

"Hawk what is your opinion on this matter?" the general asked pointedly.

"Sir, if these guys are as bad as the commander says they are, and I am inclined to believe him, then it is a necessary counter measure." Hawk responded.

"Go ahead. I am sending a list of all friendly computer systems." the general responded.

"EVA." Hadrian said.

"Yes Commander?" EVA responded.

"Initiate viral take over of all listed command and control centers and prepare for full system wide acceptance of EVA command protocols." Hadrian said.

"Security code required." EVA responded.

"Hadrian-1-7-3-4-6-7-3-2-1-4-7-6-Charlie-3-2-7-8-9-7-7-7-6-4-3-Tango-7-3-2-Victor-7-3-1-1-7-8-8-8-7-3-2-4-7-6-7-8-9-7-6-4-3-7-6-Omicron-Omicron-Alpha-Yellow-Daystar-2-7" Hadrian said to EVA.

"Access Code Accepted... Working... All networked computers offline... Virus Initiated... Spreading... System Nodes taken over... Spreading... Tactical command taken over... Data Processing taken over... North Atlantic Treaty Organization Command and Control Taken over. Friendly Governmental Computer taken over... Tactical Defense Network taken over... Tactical Satellite Network taken over... Establishing Battlefield control. NATO and Friendly forces are currently engaged in 37 battles spanning over 14 countries. Linking battlefield data... battlefield data linkage completed.... linking battlefield data to currently known separatist activity.... 12 possible NOD base locations in area. Triangulating communications networks. Welcoming all battlefield commanders to new EVA Command and Control.... confirming battlefield tactics. Contacting proper United Nations security council members... Contacted friendly government leaders... locating... found... completed. All networked computers online." EVA eventually finished. Both Generals stood in stunned silence, in a matter of twenty minutes this computer program not only hacked every advanced military computer and satellite in the world but took over complete control over the entire network.

"Holy hell..." Hawk said..

"She isn't done..." Hadrian said as he pointed at the holoscreen...

"Locating Federal Bureau of Investigation's top 10 most wanted suspects... Triangulating position. Creating mission profiles.... mission profiles created. Giving orders. Locating Known terrorist organizations... Located. Creating mission profiles to elimiate threats to governmental authority. Giving orders. Locating possible areas of instability. Scanning all local news... Creating possible unstable sector scenarios... twelve found. Issued warnings to friendly governments... Scanning for tiberium exposure... 0% found." EVA continued.

"Now she's done..." Hadrian said.

"She just found and took down all of the FBI's most wanted list? Was she giving orders!?" the mysterious general questioned.

"You told me to give her the authority... so I did. She just found and ordered the take down of every major crime and terrorist syndicate in the world with the lowest possible impact. They won't even know we were there... she is that good." Hadrian responded.

The two men were shocked. Five minutes in and they just broke every international mandate that the Joes had, had. However, no one could really say what EVA had done was a bad thing...

---------

A couple of hours later news reports flooded the airwaves. Everything from drug rings, to terrorist groups, to terrorist leaders, to military coups had been completely shut down. Military forces from around the globe acted upon EVA's intelligence and eliminated 90% of the threats that existed. No one was really happy with the sudden military burst but the citizen's of the world could breathe a collective sigh of relief.

Hadrian stood in Hawks command center discussing situational reports with EVA... Hawk's command center went from being the Joes monitoring station to a Global hub that all military orders came in and out of.

Hawk walked in and patted Hadrian on the shoulder again. "You should get some sleep kid..." Hawk said looking at the beleaguered Hadrian. Hadrian laughed slightly before responding. "We never sleep..." he said referencing GDI. Hawk could tell Hadrian had been chasing after this Kane fellow for some time. After gaining permission from Hadrian, Hawk had read through the history of GDI's struggle against NOD and of the massive technological superiority both sides held. Hawk knew that if Kane's technological prowess merged with COBRA's manpower they were going to have a serious problem on their hands.

---------

Kane and his injured NOD forces escaped once more using their stealth technology... as they were making their escape the ground erupted in trembles all around them... Kane knew that GDI couldn't have tracked them that quickly. Soon underground pods appeared and Kane's small forces were suddenly surrounded by a much larger force, which appeared to be sporting sonic weapons if his scans were correct. A man in a mask exited one of the pods... "Any enemy of the Joes is a friend of mine the friend said." Kane looked at the man on the view screen suspiciously. All of his vehicles were still cloaked by the man seemed to be staring right at him. He had no idea who these Joes were but it sounded like this fool could be useful in the soon to come battle against the GDI... Kane ordered his men to uncloak.

Kane stepped out of the vehicle and walked over to this man whose face was hidden behind metal. "I am the Prophet Kane... these are my children and were are fighting against the oppressors of the true faith... the GDI..." Kane said as he extended his hand to the man.

"I am Cobra Commander... leader of the forces known as COBRA against the world's governments and the vile GI Joes... I feel this is the start to a beautiful friendship..." Cobra Command said before shaking Kane's hand in a gesture of cooperation. "We have a base not far from here... follow us..." He said as Cobra commander reentered his vehicle. Kane elected to follow and see what this Cobra commander could offer.

-------

Back at the GI Joes base one of Hadrian's aids walked into Hydes quarters. "Alexander Hyde, Commander Hadrian wants to see you ASAP." the aide said before walking back out, not saying another word. The GI Joes spent a considerable amount of time rearranging their base to fit all of GDI's equipment. GDI technicians went around adding security and making additions to the Joes base to make it an impenetrable fortress.

Hadrian came into Hawk's office. "I see you approved all of my requests." Hadrian said.

"They were all good requests." Hawk responded with a smirk. "Commander, this is Shana O'Hara, or for that matter her codename is Scarlett. She is our resident genius. She has been going over the technology that you have presented us...." Hawk said.

"The level of sophistication you have is incredible... especially your outer-space networks. This Ion Cannon network is amazing... and the power it must wield is truly staggering." Shana said.

"That it is... nothing can withstand an Ion Cannon blast..." Hadrian said. "I must remind you that these specifications you are looking at are classified at the highest ranks of GDI command, you must not show these to anyone else. If NOD were to acquire these it would spell doom for many." Hadrian said.

"I understand your concern commander, however I am going to try to convince NATO to give us the necessary funds to construct one..." Hawk said.

"Very well. The technical specifications do not leave this room. And if your funding is approved. My men work on the construction. No one else." Hadrian said guardedly. He must not let GDI secrets get proliferated. Hadrian turned on his heel and exited the room. When he was halfway down the hallway Scarlett yelled "Commander wait up!" Turning around he waited for the woman....

EdenAlliance
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FromTheAshes on Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:04 pm

It was a pertty quick ride back to the Joes base. There was a buzz of wonder about the team. Some were very curious about this new group, others questioning their motives. But Rachel, she was just pissed off. It isn't often that she is so easily disarmed. The technology that this Hadrian guy has is intimadating, and could very well wipe out the Joes if he so desired. I hope you know what you're doing Hawk, Rachel thought to herself. Running her fingers threw her hair, Rachel stood up just as the ship landed and she made her way into the main Joe headquarters.

Fuming, Rachel carried her rifel with her to her locker where she carefully placed it and locked it up. Walking back into the locker-room area, Rachel quickly changed out of her suit and into her normal practice clothes. She pulled her hair back into a messy bun and pulled on her capri black yoga pants, and black sports bra with her puma sneakers. Carefully, Rachel hung up the high tech suit and closed the case, carefully locking it away.

Leaving the locker room, Rachel passed down the hall where Hadrian and Hawk were speaking, then she saw Scarlett chatting away about the GDI's tech. Rolling her eyes, Rachel made her way to the sparring area and picked up a bo staff, walking into an empty ring and started to beat the hell out of the bag in the middle of the ring, doing her best to take her frustration out on it.

FromTheAshes
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Incognito on Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:58 pm

After a lengthy walk the three Zone Troopers finally entered the G.I. base
 It wasn’t particularly impressive by technology standards, but the actual facility was awe inspiring. Arthur, Hyde, and Charles all stood in the main part of the base looking around aimlessly. Hadrian and Hawk and both walked off, and most of the GDI had found things to busy themselves with.

“Well shit
 This place aint that bad. At least it’s cooler in here then outside.”

Hyde was pouring sweat from the desert heat.

“Amen to that, brother
”

Charles was similarly afflicted, as was Arthur.

“You could cook fucking eggs on a rock out there
”

Arthur wasn’t joking either. The three of them made chit-chat as they followed after their commander into a long hallway. That was, until an attractive female walked down the hallways towards another room.

“Damn
 you see that?”

Charles was gazing down the hallway after the female. Hyde and Arthur exchanged glances and smirked.

“Yeah, Charles, I saw. Last time I checked, I aint blind. Let me just tell you right now
 Not a chance in the WORLD!”

Hyde started laughing and Hadrian glared at the three Zone Troopers. Both Arthur and Hyde quickly shut up and started walking down the hall towards where the female had gone. Charles was careful to talk softly, lest the Commander give them an earful.

“Stuff it Hyde, I bet I could charm those supple
”

“Oh shut up Charles, she’d beat your ass within an inch of your pathetic life!”

Charles glared at Hyde as they entered what appeared to be a training room. The female they had been talking about held a staff, ruthlessly beating the shit out of a bag. Hyde and Arthur immediately started chuckling as they tried to contain their laughter.

“Yeah
 she seems
 real nice, Charles.”

Hyde’s voice was on the verge of breaking down into laughter as he walked.

“Why don’t you go say ‘hi’?”

“Fuck off, Hyde
 I will, and you’ll see how charming I really am!”

And with that Charles strode over to the sparing girl and opened his mouth, throwing one of his best pick-up lines at his target. He could feel it! His charm was irresistible! In the background Hyde and Arthur attempted to contain their fits of laughter.

“Do you know karate? 'Cause your body is really kickin'.”

Incognito
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FromTheAshes on Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:20 pm

With every blow Rachel threw, she noted in her head, death blow, paralyzed, broken bone, so on and so forth. As she continued to beat out her anger which, instead of fading only kept growing, she heard a group entering the training room. By their voices and slight accents, she knew they were from the GDI team. Pushing them out of her mind, she kept beating on her target. “Do you know karate? 'Cause your body is really kickin'.”

Grinding her teeth, Rachel around to face him, stopping her bo staff right against his neck. Narrowing her amber eyes on him, she moved her staff to his shoulder and pushed him out of the ring. "Go get some lube and find an empty room," she hissed. Without missing a beat, Rachel jumped and with a powerful round house kick, slammed her leg into the top of the bag, ripping it from the force of her blow. Bringing her foot back to the ground, she spun her staff, and slammed it into the middle of the bag, shaking the foundations of the bag. Spinning her staff up and over her head, she brought it across the bag, ripping the base out of the ground knocking it to the ground.

Turning back to the guys she looked at them and cocked her head. "You're still here...?"

FromTheAshes
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Incognito on Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:26 am

"You're still here...?"

Arthur and Hyde exchanged looks. Then stared at Charles who stood there, defeated.

“AHHAHAHAHAHAHAA! She fucking told you!”

Both the Zone Troopers held each other for support as tears rolled down their faces and they struggled to breath. Charles immediately walk over, anger on his face, and slammed his metal fist into Hyde’s chest, sending him to the ground with a loud ‘Thud’. Arthur looked at Hyde then at Charles, a shocked look on his face.

“Hey!”

Charles sent Arthur to the ground as well and the two GDI Troopers looked up at their third companion in disbelief. Charles stormed out of the training room and the two struggled to their feet. They were still laughing, but both were running out of breath and forced them selves to stop.

“S-Sorry about that
”

Hyde said over gasps for breath.

“Yeah, sorry. Charles gets carried away with his ego.”

Arthur continued.

“Good to see a chick cut him down to size for once.”

Hyde snickered and nodded, then said.

“Even if that chick has balls
”

They both chuckled.

Incognito
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!