Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

C.O.M.B.A.T (IC)

a topic in Futuristic Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in the future of any sort, use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: C.O.M.B.A.T (IC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ian32 on Thu Feb 04, 2010 10:20 pm

Things were starting really quick and Vincent was being bombarded with targets from all directions. They were more focused on his teamates rather than himeself but they still needed to die. He locked onto five targets in the distance, they were clustered together around two that were holding a rather large weapon. It made of several twisted tube like objects that curled toward the center, Vincent couldn't think of the name but he had seen the weapon before in a battle previous. It was a sustained beam canon made specifically for wiping out air support and large groups of troops. The Svelona at the back of the weapon was messing with the controls, their were three more Svelone guarding the pair. Vincent knew it was risky, but he decided to wait. The Svelona didn't make this weapon themselves, they didn't know of its frequent malfunctions or the fact that it was purely experimental. He watched as energy charged at the back of the weapon curled around the tubes and down toward the center where the radiation was gathering into a sphere. He waited for the perfect sign, right before the white hot ball of energy turned blue, then fired. The Svelona the the helm sagged as his head was blown to bits, the barrel fell down toward the ground.
His visor filled with the light from the explosion as the weapon fired. The energy from the weapon obliterated the five Svelona as well as the troop of near twenty that was running past them, Vincent's barrel knocked upward and he felt his chest get punched by the shockwave. The comm tower shook slightly from the force of the explosion and the weight of all the Svelona gathered at the top. A crater nearly eighteen yards in diameter covered a space next to the facility.
"O'Malley, would advise that you make the comm tower priority, its swarming with Svelona they've got a tacitcal advantage from the height and they are gathering dangerous weapons now." Vincent talked into his comm link.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ian32
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aufeis on Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:29 am

Royce was knocked off kilter as something outside the base exploded. What the hell were they doing out there? He was relieved that they had air support, and he was glad they were still feeding him tactical information, "That's a copy on the air support. Good to know. And the comms tower has been marked as a viable target, that's a copy. What's the status on those Logrunners? Anyone have a visual? And someone tell me what the hell is blowing up out there?!" He continued to fire down into the hall.

At least his shotgunner was having a better time with the jacking than he was at keeping the Szlonan off of them, "I don't care if the drones are actually any use to fight, I just want some distractions so they get off our backs for a few minutes. I hope you know where we're going, because I sure as hell don't." He had never been stationed on one of these piece of shit stations, and never intended to be. However, if the doors were closed, it would be a relatively straight run. All they had to worry about was getting there without the enemy breaking in behind them and frying their asses.
Beware the Wrath of Color Changing Kirby.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Aufeis
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ian32 on Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:39 am

Vincent talked into his comm once again, "An S-Class Sustained Lazor Device just fired point blank at the ground sir. Twenty plus foot mobiles KIA, more on their way. Sorry, sir, just wanted to see what would happen. Suggest you hurry." He cut out of his comm and began to fire once again at the swarming Svelona. The only reason that he had been able to remain safe all this time was because of the Ghost Skin implant he had inside him that instantly changed the armor's camo specs to that of the planet. Because of this fact and this fact alone he blended in perfectly with the surrounding enviorment, the Svelona had no idea. But he was noticing that they were beginning to understand his general direction and were working together to try and shoot him down. As he shot many of them down he would often see them returning fire toward his position, a few scattered shots kicking up the dirt around him.
Last edited by Ian32 on Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ian32
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aufeis on Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:58 am

((I have to admit, I laughed when I read the point blank line.))

Aufeis
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ian32 on Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:31 pm

((Sorry, I was tired, will change that.))

Ian32
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aufeis on Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:52 pm

((Oh, no, I meant it was funny in a good way. You didn't have to change it!))

Aufeis
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ian32 on Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:05 pm

((Oh, goodness, maybe we should set up a better dialouge. Haha!))

Ian32
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SamuraiMaster on Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:51 pm

(sorry.....but I'm kinda lost....all I know is that aliens are attacking......someone please fill me in? Sorry....I'm tired.)

SamuraiMaster
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Person of Interest Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aufeis on Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:59 am

((So......I take it nobody is going to post?))

Aufeis
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Mark on Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:08 pm

Sam turned into one of the aliens and ran towards the aliens. He looked like one of the high officers he saw killed. He ran back, with a fake large wound on him, hoping to fool the aliens, by making it seem like he was an officer that was wounded. He limped past a patrol, as he said with his translation "Where is the Communications area, Take me there now" He said to a squad of aliens, hoping they would bite, or had a lesser mission. Sam had his alien figure stooped over like he was injured. He almost got hit by friendly fire, as rounds flew past, and hit one of the aliens. Sam hoped they wouldnt hit him. He pulled out a fake alien rifle, which only fired fake stun rounds back. He hoped to trick the aliens.

Captain Mark
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!