Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Closer Than The Heart

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Closer Than The Heart

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Draruto on Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:30 am

Caliban Luna sat in his room, while his magic blazed around him. Causing the gem embedded in the wall to glow unnaturally bright. Turning his head he pushed his spiky bangs out of his face and saw the scars from his father's strike. Four seperate lines marred the right side of his face, reminding him why he wanted to get his mute step sister, Inokaze, away from the bastard. 'But I don't know if she wants to leave. He carefully hid his cruelty from her when anywhere near her.' Caliban thought neutrally. Feeling Inokaze wake, he stood from the chair and took a mask from the drawer.

A sigh escaped his lips, another reminder of why he hadn't found a girlfriend. Caliban always ended up measuring all of them against Inokaze. Settling the mask over his face with ease, he closed his eyes when Inokaze sent him a mental hug. 'You to.' Caliban thought back. Touching the tail end of his scars that wasn't covered he saw the only solution to his problem. "Leave and never come back. But I can willingly hurt Inokaze and be able to live with it?" he asked himself. Steeling himself for the storm he certainly know that waiting, Caliban walked down stairs.

Seeing his father seating at head of the table, he buried his anger deep in his blackened soul. Forcing restraint on his limbs, he watched the bastard sneer at him in disgust. Before any words were spoken Caliban found himself dragged out the hellhole that he called home by Inokaze. It was only then that he saw the expression flaring in her eyes. 'Wha???' he thought, while confusion danced over his face. The time that seen that expression was when he saw it on his own face in a mirror.

Once well away from the house, he felt Inokaze stop and release his hand. 'What brought this sudden change in mood? Never seen this side of her before.' he mused. Crossing his arms over his chest Caliban realized that she was her gym uniform, a t-shirt and spandex workout shorts. Tilting his head to one side he found that sorta cute. 'Nice Luna, good way to your ass tossed in jail. I can see headline now, 'Local teen arrested for ogling his step-sister in public.', how messed up in the head are you?' Shutting that voice up, Caliban used a hand to cover his eyes and leans his head back.

"Hey Moon!" Turning at the voice of Inokaze's friend Urihime coming from behind him. "Hi Uri." he said with a nod. Once the greetings was over, Caliban watched the girls talk with signing and gestures. 'What Ino planning to do with me?' he wondered as the girls began to walk. Following them at discret distance, he turnt his gaze skyward. 'Samhain's twilight is coming up, wonder what Inokaze is planning to get me this year.' he added, running a hand over his face.

"Moon, your class was drafted to go on a two week trip with our class." 'Great, more temptation I really don't need. Thanks Oak King.' he thought. After a few minutes, Caliban entered the school that he went to with Inokaze. Pausing as he felt Inokaze send another mental hug. He returned it and walked to his class two floors up. Taking his usual seat near the rear Caliban gently slammed his heel on the floor. Whiched summoned his Go to Hell bag from the locker he rarely opened. "Know something we don't Luna?" Shrugging in response the question, he tuned out the rest of the other students entering. 'Give me strength to endure, Holly King.'

Not long after, he heard Ms. Godiva enter and sit down. 'Must've gotten new heels over the weekend.' Caliban thought. "Class, we were chosen to accompany Class 1-D on their Samhain's twilight two week trip." That news, which he heard before just minutes before, didn't go over ro well. He heard much griping and groaning. 'Thank you Urihime.' he mused, once the class quieted down. Deciding drift into the shadows, he did the assigned work in front of him. 'Can I handle being near Inokaze for two whole weeks and keep her from knowing my socially inappropriate thoughts of her?'

It was that last question that refused to leave his mind as lunch started to wind down. Standing from the table Caliban shouldered his bag and saw Ms. Godiva motioned for him. Walking over, he tilted his head. "You didn't seem surprise at the trip." Caliban shrugged with his free shoulder. "Can't control fate ma'am. So who am I to gripe?" he replied. Following her out to the enchanted bus, he saw both classes waiting. 'Long trip.' he thought while instructions were given. Feeling his arm being wrapped up, Caliban glanced down to see Inokaze resting her head on his shoulder.

"You were assigned to our small group Cal." Turning his gaze on Urihime and three other 1-D students, he nods in greeting. "Nice to meet you Luna. I'm Driata Antoinette and these two are Seifong and Beifun Li." Nodding again, he saw the three new people move in behind him. "On the bus everyone!" Entering and heading towards the rear, Caliban noticed that Inokaze was drawing tiny circles on his hand. 'What's up Ino?' he mused questionably. The only answer he got from her was a noncommittal shrug. 'Ok, pretty sure I'm not still sleeping and dreaming about a fanasty date.' Caliban thought.

Deciding to let it drop for now, he sat catacorner in the seat. Watching her curl up against him and doze off, Caliban glanced to Urihime and gestured. "Sorry Cal, psychometry isn't one of my skills. And even if I could, I wouldn't tell you without her permission." Holding in a groan, he just thumps his forehead with a closed fist. 'Should've remembered that fact. Guess I'm going to be in the dark then. Damn, if only Inokaze wasn't so hard to read.' he mused, letting head fall back. Hearing the others settle down Caliban gradually dozed off.

A gentle nudge woke him from his nap, seeing Urihime staring at him Caliban yawned and rolled his shoulders. "Inokaze left just after we arrived to get our group's schedule for the trip." 'Figured, she was the more responsible of us.' he mused checking his mask. "How'd you get scarred?" Caliban gave Urihime a stern glare. Watching her turn and hold her hands up, he followed her off the bus. Retriving his bag, Caliban lets Urihime lead to the motel that the school lined up for this trip. Entering the huge lobby, he glanced about and took the beauty. 'Doesn't compare to Inokaze.'

"We're in room 235 on the 39th floor." Nodding at the comment, he had zoned out, Caliban walked towards the enchanted elevators and stepped into one. 'Given the choice, would I kill or maim the bastard?' he mused, as his head dropped forward. "You alright Cal?" Sighing at Urihime's question he just shook his head. "Don't really know. Guess I'll find before this trip is over. But I'll be good for now. Don't fret Uri." he said. Feeling the elevator begin to move, Caliban ran a hand through his hair. 'Come Luna, start thinking like an older brother. Not a starstruck male obsessing over a female.' he heard that voice again.

Once reaching the floor he want directly to the assigned room. Pausing to allow Urihime to enter ahead of him, Caliban took a moment or two to compose himself. Pushing through, the sight of Driata and the Li siblings commandeering two of the four beds reminded him of the only sleepover he had been told to attend. 'Funny.' he thought, setting his bag near the only couch he saw in the room. It only then he saw Inokaze toss something. Catching it on reflex, he saw it was the group's schedule. "This is for the whole stay?" he asked, making sure he got straight in his mind. "Yep. Night."

Finding himself awake with Inokaze staring out the window, Caliban sprawled out on the couch. Crossing his hands under his head, he wondered what was on Inokaze's mind. 'She'd tell me if wants to.' Caliban mused.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Draruto
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Property Buyer Lifegiver Tipworthy

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!