Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Elenius

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Elenius

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LordSaladin on Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:23 pm

Okay, its been a while since I last made an RP, so here goes.

Inspiration comes from one of my favourite fantasy trilogies – The Elenium by David Eddings; it was in fact one of the first fantasy novels I read, back in Middle School, when I was about 10 years old. So, here comes the synopsis...

With the death of the king some five years ago, it was his daughter who was placed upon the throne. Only a young woman, at the tender age of seventeen, the corrupt members of the court believed they could easily manipulate the grieving young Queen.

They were right.

Whispers into her ear by key royal advisers polluted her mind, made her suffer from a great paranoia. As her illness worsened, and the corrupt parties gained more and more power, even power over the royal treasury, those of honour and bravery; the heroes of the land, tried to free the Queen from her mental captivity.

However, manipulated by the poisoners and those wishing for power, the young queen bansihed those heroes to a land far away, never to return.

But that was five years ago, and now news is travelling from that land our heroes were borne. And, with news, those warriors, magicians, and all other manner of heroes, make their way back to confirm the rumours, praying that they are only that.

As they begin to return, one at a time, it seems that the worst kind of tragedy has taken place – the rumours are true.

In their wishes to gain power, what those conspirators forgot to take into account was the strong will of those born of royal blood; and as realisation of the manipulation placed upon her, the queen began to oppose those that had taken nearly full control of the land. This was, for all intents and purposes, a bad decision by the queen.

Men who hunger for power will stop at nothing to gain that which they desire, and on one fell evening, the queen was poisoned, sentenced to death by the power hungry, evil members of the royal advisory board.

It was the members of the esteemed Church Knights, wholly independent, even from the Church from which they were spawned, who came to the rescue of the queen; locking her inside the throne room, encasing her within a great ice structure. Twelve of the most experienced Knights sealed the spell, forcing the figure of the queen within the beautiful structure.

As time goes on, the situation is more and more desperate, for even within the ice, the queen will not live indefinitely.

The heroes, upon their return, hear talk of corruption within the church, and tales of the only thing that could possibly save the queen.

Some ancient artefact, the name and place of it unknown, it is the only thing that can solve the illness that the poison brings about.

It seems that, as the heroes return, fate, or perhaps Lady Destiny, is bringing them together. Under strict cover, not revealing themselves, the heroes begin to form an alliance, in hopes of saving the land, and the queen.

The question remains, however, as to whether or not the heroes will be enough to succeed in their plans. If they aren't, what will become of the land of Elenius?

Prayers may or may not be answered, but for now, all that remains is hope, hope of a release from the tyranny of those who used foul play to gain power that was never theirs.

RULES AND GUIDELINES:

Races: All people in Elenius are humans. All characters, therefore, will be humans, as characters are all from the land of Elenius.

Magic: Magic in this game is not like your normal magic, as I am basing the magic on The Elenium series. So, here is an explanation – Magic is taught from members of the Styric people, and are essentially prayers to their gods. In the spells, you are asking the Styric Gods, in the langauage of Styricum, to grant your wish and affect the world in a certain way. This is coincided with intricate movements of the fingers, to summon the spell along with the words themselves. I am going to limit the magic in this game to low or mid level; no uber spells of doom. If you are unsure, then ask me, and the answer shall be given.

Classes: Usual sort of classes for a fantasy game, although I am wanting people to play the heroes, and all others – civilians and bad guys – will be NPCs.

Other rules:

*No God-Modding. This includes the usual, but also prohibits things like taking control of other characters, and other players' NPCs (Please state if people can take control of your NPCs when they are introduced).

*No meta-gaming. Just because a player says something in a post, it does not mean any other characters know it, even though the player of that character does.

*Good English. For Pete's sake, use proper English. That includes spelling, grammar, verb usage, punctuation and a decent amount of detail, no two line posts. A minimum of three nicely lengthed paragraphs is the minimum in this game. If you need help in making your posts more detailed, let me know and I will assist you.

*Do not post until you have been accepted. Apply for joining this game by sending me a PM with your opening post. I will get back to you to say if I accept you into the game or not. Any posts made by those not yet accepted, or denied, WILL be deleted, so don't waste your time on them.

*Most importantly. Have fun.
Please tell me now what life is, Please tell me now what love is... Again, tell me what life is.

Tiko says: Saladin: Damn it, leave my hole alone.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LordSaladin
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 18 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Contributor Greeter World Builder Arc Warden Visual Appeal Tipworthy Lifegiver Person of Interest Concierge

Re: Elenius

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DeadlyRyu on Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:46 am

(you make it difficult to have fun! 3 paragraphs? though i like the idea. Can I join?)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DeadlyRyu
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!