Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Wolves of Cygnus IC

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Wolves of Cygnus IC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kyo on Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:27 pm

Link to the ooc wolves-the-cygnus-sign-t27246.html

The wolves of Cygnus enjoyed the shelter and protection provided by the cities confines. No one could remember when they came but they knew why…There was simply no where else for them to turn after the great fire that scorched the earth. The chilly city was blanketed year round in a constant down pour of snow flurries that never seemed to stick to the ground. Icy winds ripped the city and the last fragments of humanity lived a hard life of scarce indoor farming in abandoned buildings with their insulation intact. Each person worked and the two packs lived isolated and kept to themselves in their respective dens. It was safer for all parties involved for the two packs to split the city into two sectors with the Shadow Claws having domain in the abandoned rail lines and sewer ways of the cities sub terrain. The Light Fangs held dominance in a ruined sky scraper district. The buildings upper levels had lost their coverage and was home to various types of easy prey of Owls and mice even an occasional family of deer were seen roaming the streets below.

Mibu was resting high above the city nestled in with the rest of his pack of twenty strong wolves and a few pups to keep the place lively. Mibu smiled as he watched his pack with the loving eyes of a father, nearly every member was a pup he had sired himself. Though everything seemed quiet for the last two years the underlying tension between himself and his rivals Hitomi and Urufu was boiling up again. Disputes over territory and hunting grounds was a sore subject and scuffles had broken out already between some of the younger hot blooded members of the groups. Mibu was lenient with them this one time because he remembered the feelings of youth himself. Yet what he could not overlook was the attention attracted by their battles the humans were not stupid and knew that something in their city was not what it seemed. It was not unheard of for a wolf in human form to take a human job but it was frowned upon as it gave more chances for humans to uncover the secret of their existence.

As Mibu rested up he knew that soon his strength would be called to the test again. With such young dominants it was simply a matter of time before the Shadow Claws got themselves organized and came looking for them. Mibu was certain they would get more than they bargained for as he had trained these wolves personally yet they were not killers. It had been too long and most of them had never battled another wolf with their lives at stake. He wondered if his loving children would have the instinct to kill or would they be killed. It was no doubt that the Shadow Claws would kill without hesitation it was their way, they worshiped strength and were ferocious warriors. With a sad smile he looked at his family and did not doubt that soon the ranks on both sides would be shortened, a war was brewing and a lot of good wolves would lay down their lives for the sake of their families continued existence.
Last edited by Kyo on Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Join the animal kingdom and release your inner beast

http://www.roleplaygateway.com/viewtopic.php?f=163&t=29415

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kyo
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: Wolves of Cygnus IC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pyron on Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:54 am

"This sucks, last week deer family was so good. I wish another pack would come by soon," grunted shiki. Scaling down the building he was catching mouses and owls for food to take back to his family. "Why do I get all the grunt work around here, I'm the second to the eldest," he complained somemore. Jumping back to the floor where his family was at, he threw his findings to the floor so that his family can feast. "There you happy," he said with a scowl.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Pyron
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirpokealot on Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:54 pm

Garet stalks his prey. A rather large bear. "This wont be so hard." he said under his breath. He waited until the bear was off guard. He dashed through the shadows to leap at the left side of the bear. POW! the bear falls, but gets up. Before it could even think, Garet teleported through the shadows and attacked from behind the bear, his dark purple aura blazing. The bear fell face first, dead. Garet ate peacefully that night. when he was finished he left the bloody carcass for any other wandering shadow claws.

The next day, Garet walked up to Urufu, he knew he could be alpha male if he wanted, but it was nice and peaceful like this; besides, Urufu wasnt all that bad of a leader. "Hey Urufu, want to go hunt some light fangs with me? i could use another crest!"
Life is like the coldest winter
People freeze the tears I cry
Words of hail their minds are into
I've got to crack this ice and fly
-Hitch a Ride; Boston

Sirpokealot
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby python13579 on Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:14 pm

Urufu listened to his anxious friend's request, but had an idea of his own. "If anyone is going to, receive, a crest, it is going to be me of Hitomi, no one else. Not until the day we die." Having been annoyed at the question of one of his beta members, Urufu knew he came off as more angry then he wanted to. "If you are so interested in a hunt, then find something to eat. We have to conserve ourselves until we are ready to attack as one group."

With that, he lay back down on the grass, watching some of his subjects, especially the younger ones running around learning about the world that they came into. Such a world. Death is all around them, ready to strike in any part of the day. He had to make sure that the clan was ready for anything.

python13579
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirpokealot on Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:00 pm

[EDIT] I changed it to make python happy

"tck! Whatever, im outta here." Garet considered fighting him on it, but thought better. "The Light fangs would surely attack at any sign of in-fighting." he said outloud, but too far away for Urufu to hear. His mood was ruined and he was going to hunt by himself.

Garet was nearing light fang territory when he saw an adult scout. It was patrolling for the pack. Garet went unnoticed. He morphed into his Purple aura wolf form and stalked the wolf for a while. He waited till it was completely out of sight of the rest of the pack. He pounced on it from the shadows. The wolf fought back, throwing him against a tree. Garet leaped to his feet, a snarling mess. They circled each other for a few minutes. The wolf jumped at him. Garet dissipated into the shadows and came at the wolf from the right. Garet snapped his teeth shut on the wolf's neck. The wolf fell in agony. Garet finished him off. Quickly, he stole the crest and infused it with himself.

He felt a jolt to all his senses. It was like nothing he had ever felt before. He could tell that he was stronger. He decided not to stick around in case since the other wolfs probably had smelt his kill by now. He dashed away, amazed at his incredible new speed.
Last edited by Sirpokealot on Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sirpokealot
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Mark on Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:07 pm

Lucifer was once again patrolling the outskirts of the city, with 2 newer men to the militia, it was a really quiet night, only a few howls disturbed it. They all kept quiet, and once again past an old road. Lucky, they nicknamed him,mainly because of all the near death experiences that they witness him escape. He always thought it had something to do with that crest he found in the woods, that one day he was tracking some deer.

Lucky wore his leather jacket, which comforted him in the bitter cold, his pistol near his left hip rocked back and forth as he took another step. Lucifer heard something off to his right, and quickly pointed his Torch in that direction, ehh nothing. It must of been his imagination acting up again. The 2 newer men walked off to go check out the old outpost on the road. Lucifer was once again patrolling around the city, soon someone would come to relieve him so he could get some rest in his Cabin.
He once again stuck his hands in his pocket and felt around for that crest like object in his pocket, it was still there.

Captain Mark
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Melodic Salvation on Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:20 pm

Hitomi, having no present duties, sat upon a rock watching her clan members go about their activities. Seeing Urufu, she began to get up and walk towards him slowly. Hearing Garet's proposal made her edgy, He is eager, maybe a little too eager. As she reached Urufu's side, she heard his logical reply, but decided to add her own, "Garet, even if we were to attack one of the light fangs, it would lead to a full on clan war. With the amount of, and strength of, their clan we would not be able to fight them, as a whole, without suffering severe casualties."
ImageImageImageImageImage

Melodic Salvation
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirpokealot on Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:22 pm

(umm, you do realize that your a post late. im not sure how to post around this)

Garet thought back to what Hitomi had said about war. "Pssh, I just got my first crest! i feel like a could take on anything that came at the Shadow claws! Although, it WOULD be stupid not to listen to her, since she is all "wise" and whatnot. Ah, whatever, im bored." Garet was kicking around a can when he saw a herd of deer. "This would be a prime oppertunity to test my new abilities. And i guess i could bring some back for the pack." Running full speed at the deer, changing into wolf form as he went, he lept and killed 5 deer in quick succession. He ate one, and dragged the rest back to the camp. He realized something on the way. "If i could do that with jus one crest, imagine what Urufu can do with his three! Maybe he deserves more respect than i gve him." He paused. "meh, oh well." he continued to drag the rest back to camp. "hmm, let's see, one for Urufu, one for Hitomi, and two for the cubs; they [the cubs] should be hungry. it is about that time of day anyway. He laid the deer at Urufu and Hitomi's feet, making a cool remark as to why he did it. "just payin some respect, that's all. Had nothin else to do anyway." with that, he left.

Sirpokealot
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Mark on Mon Aug 10, 2009 9:20 pm

Lucky, finished his last round as a fellow militia man would take the rest of the night. Lucifer hated the night shift, it was a bugger, Lucifer was planing on going hunting with his new rifle, it was one of the new inventions, but the Captain wanted Lucifer and 2 others to patrol around the city. When they were relieved the other 2 went to the tavern, Lucifer however ventured to his cabins on the outskirts of the city, Lucifer dossed his torch in a pond, and waited for his eyes to adjust to the darkness.

Lucifer walked quietly, whistling a loud tune in his mouth as he walked back home, Lucifer looked forward to playing his lute when he got home, he had a tune going he wanted to try to play. He got that Lute last year for saving some older guys life, it was nice, and it was fun to play.

Lucifer once again stuck his cold hands in his pocket and felt the Crest, in his pocket, Lucifer pondered what it could be, Perhaps a relic from an ancient civilization, maybe something important, He already decided it was a little odd to just pawn it off. Lucifer played with it inside his pocket, and went back to concentrating on whistling a little tune. Lucifer noticed the light he left on as he walked through the path he made. Lucifer pulled out the crest and looked at it once more, Maybe this was one of those thing Old Man Itch talked about not messing with, being dangerous an all. But Lucifer's curiosity wouldn't be stopped by mere danger.

Captain Mark
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Melodic Salvation on Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:19 am

(Sorry, my computer has serious lag issues and sometimes delays the actual posting until way later -.-)

Hitomi smiled, she was glad to have Garet in the pack. Sure he had a tendency to be strong-willed and brash at times, but that's part of why he made such a good hunter. He paid his respects to Urufu and herself, laying a deer at their feet. The pups will eat well tonight. Feeling somewhat unnaturally pleasant today, she wanted to tell him how grateful she was, but he had already turned to leave. Deciding it was best to just let it go, she kept silent.

Melodic Salvation
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kyo on Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:53 am

Mibu was resting languidly inside the confines and relative safety of the Light Fangs den. His guard was up yet he could detect the faint stench of a roaming Shadow Claws prowling about in his territory. He went out and followed the scent and soon grew to blood rage. He reorganized the smell lingering about his fallen child as he sniffed the corpse. "GGAARREETT!! You will die by my fangs for this incursion you lowlife piece of scum." He howled loudly and mobilized all of the remaining light fangs. He was angry as he led his pack off towards shadow claw territory to speak with Urufu. This offence would not go unpunished and if he did not offer restitution then this will be a full blown war between them. A war of this epic scale will bring the city crumbling to its knees.
Last edited by Kyo on Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kyo
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Mark on Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:42 am

Lucifer as he walked he heard a loud Howl, Lucifer unchained his dog, and let him loose,
No Lute playing today he thought, I got to check the chickens, Lucifer walked towards the howl with his dog panting at his side,
Lucifer pulled out his small gunpowder pistol in his left hand and pulled his Rapier out in his right hand. He was tired of the animals eating his livestock, it ended today Lucifer was going to hunt that howl, it must have been the wolves that ate my chickens.

Lucifer got on his black horse he had stabled, and rode towards the direction he heard the howl, Lucifer no longer was tired, he had adrenaline pumping.

Captain Mark
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby python13579 on Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:58 am

Finishing off the deer that Garet had so generously left to him, Urufu heard a howl, a little to loud to his liking. It didn't sound too nice either. What could've happened now? He got up from his resting spot. There had to be a reason for such a noise, but it was unknown what. In any case, there was something that was going to happen. "All Shadow Claws, I want you to fall in behind me, pups stay in the dens, two guards to a pup!" The pups were his main concern. No one was gonna kill any of them without a fight. He looked to all of the wolves scattering to follow his order.

python13579
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirpokealot on Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:07 pm

(Kyo, you're making me feel guilty over here! lol)

Garet scrambled to the nearest pup. He was ready for anything. He morphed, his purple aura a brilliant new purple. "don't worry," he said to the pup. "I've got ya." He watched Urufu and waited for something to happen. He [Urufu] would not falter. He would not lose. He would not die. He [Garet] knew this, and so did the pup. Garet knew that the safety of the cubs and even Hitomi were at top priority.
Last edited by Sirpokealot on Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sirpokealot
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Melodic Salvation on Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:23 pm

"I'm coming with you," Hitomi told Urufu as he made his command. Lately, she had been designated to stay back and coordinate the protection of the pups, but not today. She was an able fighter, and and although Urufu was the leader and chief diplomat, she wanted to be a part of the confrontation today. With Garet transforming and guarding the pups, she felt that her presence was not as needed as it was on usually occasions. She flashed a strong, comforting look at Urufu. He seemed so calm and collected, so in control of the situation, she was proud of him. She then transformed into her wolf form.

Melodic Salvation
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby python13579 on Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:35 pm

Seeing the way she looked at him, Urufu made the decision, but didn't want to risk anything happening to his clan. "Fine, but if an attack becomes to strong, you will fall back." He turned back to the rest of the wolves watching him. "That goes for all of you. If I have to give the order, we fall back, we are in no condition to risk a battle this day." Continuing his battle plans, he made some more orders to get everyone ready for anything. "The front lines are to keep anyone from getting to the dens. Den guards, anyone who gets past the front lines, you have the right to kill. If any of our pups die," he didn't even want to think of the consequences of what might happen if his enemies killed one of his pups. "Keep the crest safe."

python13579
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Interior Motives on Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:40 pm

Layuli lay with Mibu and looked out over her pack. They were all growing stronger by the day. This made Layuli happy. She had known each of them for some time. Each member of the pack was essential for healthy pack life. Nestling in closer, she felt each movement, heardeach sound around her, and saw everything within her line of vision. This was when a scent passed into her nostrils and she was on her feet. Mibu had smelled it as well and she followed after him towards the scent.

Layuli spotted the fallen Light Fang and hurried closer, sniffing each bit of him. It seemed one of the shadow pack members had come onto their territory and killed one of their members. This angered Layuli. The whelp should have learned its place. This told her that this "Garrett" was inexperienced and when Mibu would talk to Urufu, he would tell him about this. There was no reason for such violence and this could mean war.

Layuli felt the wind hit her forehead where the sun crest was. She had obtained that only through self defense and that was how she believed they should only obtain crests. Their little truce had just been broken and all hell has about to break loose. Mibu gave a powerful howl, calling the Light Fangs. Layuli rushed to his side immediatly and began to follow after him towards the other pack's territory. They had a lot of explaining to do.
Image Image Image Image<---poke them pwease! especially the black and blue ones.

Why do people kill people for killing others to show people that killing is wrong?

Interior Motives
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sirpokealot on Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:45 pm

Garet handed the pup to a den guard. "It'll be ok." Garet whispered. "you'll be safer here than with me." Garet raced to the front lines, just in case. He was afraid that he had started this. Deeply, he regretted doing it, but was happy with his new powers. It was getting dark, a perfect advantage for them. He had gotten the hang of jumping through shadows, but it still was kind of "creepy" to him. His heels dug deep into the ground, he awaited an attack.

Sirpokealot
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby python13579 on Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:19 pm

"What are you doing Garet? You have your order, you should be in a den, not up here." Urufu understood Garet's anxiety for this sort of thing, that's why he needed him to help guard the pups. He looked around, waiting for some type of disturbance around the clan. Maybe it had been a false alarm? He didn't take any chance though, and kept everyone on guard.

python13579
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Mark on Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:44 pm

Lucifer rode, hearing howls, and the whines of wolves.
Lucifer was not to experienced at riding his horse, but he managed to stay on.
Lucifer dismounted and landed loudly, He quickly tied up his horse, to a big pine tree.

The Chickens were fine, but he was sure that if he brought a few wolf heads back home, that some of the farmers would thank him with gold.
But, the wolves were only hungry, and these farmers just failed at protecting there livestock. Lucifer would attempt to shoot one, just because it would give him enough gold to pay the rent in his cabin, and maybe get some ammo. Lucifer looked at the ground and noticed the paw in the dirt. Wolves, pretty fresh heading east he guessed. Lucifer climbed up on his horse and headed east after the paw prints. In a fast manner he rode off towards east following the tracks he found.

Captain Mark
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!