Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

READ HERE BEFORE POSTING!

a topic in Roleplayers Wanted, a part of the RPG forum.

Moderator: Ambassadors

Looking For Players [LFP]? Have a part to be played? Post a thread here!

READ HERE BEFORE POSTING!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jag on Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:36 pm

Interest Checks v. Roleplayers Wanted

This is a reminder and clarification for all on the correct use of these two important parts of the OOC forum! Interest Checks is a place to post your ideas, hopes and desires for RP that you are hoping to create or the kind of game that you’d like to join. In short, it’s just for ideas and finding other members that like your ideas and would be interested in the same sort of RP. Roleplayers Wanted, on the other hand, is for already-existing RPs only. It’s where you post the link for your RP and give the community information about the story and why they should join.

If you have already created the game and have a link, post in Roleplayers Wanted. If you don’t have a game that has been already been created, post in Interest Checks.

If you have any questions, please contact a Global Moderator. Thanks!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Jag
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Party Starter Contributor Concierge Tipworthy Person of Interest Lifegiver

Re: READ HERE BEFORE POSTING!

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby certain dark things on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:44 pm

Erm, in extremely sorry if this doesn't belong here, but I had a question, and haven't a clue where else to post it.
I was wondering if its allowed to put out a search for one x one partners, or is the site just dedicated to group role-plays? And if it is allowed, where would it go?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

certain dark things
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:07 pm

Hey there!

To answer your question, if you're doing a partner search, you're going to want to post that in the Interest Checks forum. To get there, you can follow the link in Jag's post.

And as for one-on-one RPs specifically, when you get to the Interest Checks forum, make sure you read the stickied post there titled "Need-To-Know About Interest Checks." Number six on that list addresses 1x1 Rps.

Basically yes, you are allowed to have roleplays with just one other person. But when you're advertising your thread, please don't put "1x1" or "one-on-one" within the title of the thread. Try to come up with a catchy title or something that'll grab our attention without that extra tag.

Any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Robotronic on Tue May 21, 2013 3:33 pm

Hey there, had a quick question: is this a place to post links to role-plays that already have their own forum? If not, is there such a place on the gateway? I've been wandering around for an hour or so and I can't seem to find a place for such links. Perhaps there is no such place but I wanted to ask first, and this seemed the best place to do it.

Thanks.

Robotronic
Member for 11 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TornZero on Fri May 24, 2013 11:51 pm

If you have a forum, rather than an RP hosted on Gateway, you'll want to add it to the RPG Directory and hope that someone sees it. I don't think you're allowed to advertise forums on Gateway, but you can probably link to it in your signature.
Remember: If you use an A in "definitely", you're definitely an A-hole.

TornZero
Member for 13 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Queen of Hell on Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:26 am

Question! If I request a fandom roleplay in the "Interest Check" forum, do I link the rightful creators in that thread or in the thread where the roleplay that is happening in the already existing universe plays out? (The game is in question)

Thanks!

Queen of Hell
Member for 6 years
Friendly Beginnings Visual Appeal

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!