Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Ambassador Alighieri's Arrival

a topic in Gundam Wing: Continuing Legend, a part of the RPG forum.

Original GWing Storyline, now AC 202.

Ambassador Alighieri's Arrival

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:30 am

Seraphina slept off and on the entire trip to the colonies, but when she awoke about an hour out from L-1 she decided to stay awake. She flagged down one of the crew and asked for a cup of coffee, black. The steaming cup arrived and she sipped at it. Not as good as what I make, she thought to herself. She stretched without thinking, which sent lighting pain through her whole body, she winced obviously.

She glanced around the cabin. All were accounted for. She fidgeted with the ring on her finger. My love, she thought, I wish you were here with me now you are my strength, my life, my very being. May God bless and keep you my sweet Gabriel. She sighed Audibly as she tried to prepare herself for whatever lay ahead.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 19 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Svetlana_Popova on Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:48 am

Svetlana notices that Seraphina is awake. She smiles slightly, squeezes Zeke's knee and stands up. She runs her hand through her long black hair, and tosses it over a shoulder. She saunters up to a communication console not that far from the cockpit of the shuttle. She plops down in the chair, and immediatly picks up the comm. The smile leaves her face, and she immediatly gets in contact with General Sin's office.

"This is Svetlana Popova. We are one hour out from landing. I request that a team of medics and a priest meet us at the docking bay.

She looks impassively at the screen as she receives a response.

"I see. We will wait on base for his return then. I will inform the rest of my party. I do hope that all security arrangements had been made.'

She nods and shuts off the communicator. She walks over to Seraphina and kneels down to talk with her.

"It seems General Sin has been called away on business. So it seems our stay on L1 has been extended until his return. That should hopefully allow you some time to heal."

With a small smile and a wink, she heads back to her seat next to Zeke.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Svetlana_Popova
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:06 am

Grimbold having dozed on and off throughout the journey manages to fall asleep about two hours out from their destination. When they arrive rest may well be in short supply so any grabbed now is a bonus.

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:26 pm

Seraphina heaved a sigh at what Svetlana had said. Being in space made her miss her home more than any other travel ever had. Gabriel was right about the beauty of the earth, she understood a bit more why he had chosen the path he had. Every bone in her body hurt and she knew the fatigue form travel would make any negotiations difficult even if she was in perfect health.

As the Shuttle entered the Secure docking bay she thanked God for their safe arrival. Once the captain had given them permission to disembark the entire party was up and moving. Seraphina dug into her pocket and pulled out a compact mirror to check on her appearance the travel time had rubbed a bit of the make up off making the bruising more apparent but she still looked better than if she didn't have any make up on at all. When she shoved the compact back into her pocket her fist balled up around Gabriel's lighter. She closed her eyes and could almost feel him there with her. She let go of the lighter and turned to Svetlana as she motioned for Grimbold and Alan to take the front then Seraphina and the medic they had brought along and she an Zeke would bring up the rear. She laughed at the idea of the two of them becoming involved. the thought was a wonderful if not minor distraction from her life.

It took all of the strength that she had to not lean upon the medic as they all disembarked. Behind Grim and Alan she moved slowly, but with her head up her posture full of all of the command and dignity of her position. As she stepped out of the Shuttle it was more than obvious they were not in Florence anymore. The cold metal of the docking and institutional coloration was almost abhorrent to her. Her eyes grew wide as she looked about the bay. The fluorescent lights beamed down making everything look bright and sterile. As she walked down the steps from the Shuttle to the floor she saw not only bodyguards and a black limo but a priest and an almost entire medical staff. The doctor, she assumed was the one looking closely at how she moved and the bruising around her eyes. She stopped at the bottom of the Stairs surrounded by her guards searching out the representative of General Sin. She nodded to those who had come to greet her, She was fighting back a deep seated of being entirely out of her element.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zeke on Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:43 am

He couldn't help but smile as Svetlana squeezed his knee, but her news made him frown. Zeke didn't like space much, especially after his and Virgil's last encounter.

Zeke stepped off the ship slowly after Seraphina, and behind Svetlana. He couldn't help but give the cocky Russian the old once over. He grinned as she turned around and caught him. Zeke dropped his head and looked at her from under his neon red bangs. Svetlana shook her head and put on her serious face as the descended the steps.

Zeke could immediately feel the cold, desolate feel of space and the colonies. They weren't natural and he wasn't the biggest fan of that, but then again neither was money, but Zeke loved that. He decided to just shove his hands deep into the pockets of his trench coat, after flipping up the collar of course.
When he saw the guards, his teeth immediately clenched. But Svetlana's words came to mind rather quickly. Zeke swallowed his pride and tapped either side of his chest to ensure his weapons were still there. He exhaled deeply and tossed his bangs with a flick of his head and replaced his hands in the deep pockets of the trench coat.

"So how long do you think we're going to be?"
He asked to no one in particular as he looked around.

Zeke
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Svetlana_Popova on Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:47 am

Svetlana follows Seraphina out of the shuttle. Her blue eyes taking in their surroundings with a quick glance over. Feeling Zeke look at her from behind gave her a slight chill, and the air of desire emanating from him made her want to smile, but it was game time.

She glances at the security detail waiting for them, and frowns slightly, as she catches a glimpse of fear emanating from some of them. She stares at one of them in particular. Fear just seemed to come in waves from him. He was tall, and slender. His brown hair, cropped short under his military issued hat. He glanced up at Svetlana, turned bright red, and looked anywhere but at her. With a smirk, she turns as Zeke asks how long we will have to be here.

"General Sin's secretary was sketchy as to when he will be returning. So we could be here awhile."

Her eyes twinkle with the thought of all the fun she could possibly be having while here, and stops in front of the host of medics waiting for them. Her eyes turn flat and impassive. Game time.

"I am Svetlana Popova, assistant for Ambassador Alighieri. The reason why I have asked for you to be here is that the Ambassador was in a horrible car accident yesterday and refused to stay on Earth for medical treatment. Her injuries range from broken ribs, a concussion, a broken nose, and assorted other cuts and bruises. Please assist her in any way you possibly can without affecting her need to be coherent for long periods of time."

One of the medics steps forward hesitantly.

"We will do what we can Miss Popova to help her."

He bows slightly and motions the rest of his team to follow him over to Seraphina. They immediately put her on a gurney and begin to wheel her to the medical bay. The security detail falls into place around the medics. Svetlana steps up next to the gurney and smiles to herself as Grim, Alan, and Zeke all surround the medics and Seraphina. The security detail provided by General Sin seems to try and stay as far away as possible from the group, which elicits an amused look on Svet's face.

Svetlana_Popova
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:13 am

Three military officials of apparent high rank were present at the ambassadors reception in place of General Sin. They mildly greeted the ambassador, however their orders from General Sin were clear and none of the Colonists that would be in direct contact with the Earth party present showed any more than the expected formalities, nor any less than basic courtesy. The medical team assisted the ambassador as necessary. Considering the bay was cleared specifically for receiving only the ambassador's ship, the medical team was able to act on the spot with little interruption from random by standers. Bandages were replaced or added and a mild painkiller, a vitamin pill to boost the immune system, and a bottle of chilled water was recommended as that is all he was authorized to do aside from emergencies. Without proper blood tests (which were also out of the question for an Earthling), much else could cause unexpected reactions and produce the wrong political image. However, considering her importance and the severity of her injuries, accomodations were made to have a second medical team available at the hotel they will be staying at with more adequate equipment to handle their patient's needs and a replacement cast ready for her nose.

Once the doctor had done his work, the assigned body guards (Totaling 8 well armed and qualified men) briskly shuffled the party into the protected limo. Present with the limo were two apparently armored Space Imperial Guard Hummers, each transporting three of the guards along with the limo. The three military officials, two body guards, and the doctor with an assistant (for insurance) filed into the limo along with the ambassador. Since it was indeed a business class stretch limo, the guards and the medical staff were set at one end of the limo out of audible range, whilst the rest would be seated comfortably in the rear.

The three officials representing General Sin were dressed as military personnel wearing the standard black and gold uniforms. Once the large group had finally settled and the limo and begun it's travel to the hotel, the three introduced themselves and each offered a handshake.

Major General: "I'm General James Marshal, head of the War department."
Brigadier General: "I'm Brigadier General Walter Prescott, head of the Supply and Resources department."
Lieutenant General: "I'm Lieutenant General Carter Chamberlin, head of the Military Intelligence department."

Once the formalities had been taken care of, the officials gave an estimate of three days before the return of General Sin. Until then, business would be filtered through these three officials. The Major General also hinted towards Earth's need to eliminate all mobile suit production. Aside from that, the party was briefed on their hotel rooms and modes of contacting General Sin's secretary or the three officials representing General Sin. They were also given details on the bodyguard's time tables and the times at which they were rotated out.

OOC: Sorry, I wrote this really late at night. I'll fix it tomorrow or something if I did something stupid.

EDIT: Sorry, this post is getting crappier and crappier, but I made a ghetto addition to paragraph one to accomodate a little bit for the injuries. I wasn't sure as to how severe they were yet as I hadn't been fully keeping up on everything. I just got home from a long trip. I'll fix it more tomorrow.
ImageImage

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Beta Tester Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:21 am

Grimbold lead the small group out of the shuttle with Alan at his side. The reception committee were not welcoming, but the group were representing the other side so that was not all that surprising.
With the exception of the small mediacal team who saw to the Ambasador under the watchfull eyes of her bodyguard the rest seemed to take every effort to keep out of the way, for which Grimbold at least was thankful.
They were hustled into the limo and a small convoy headed off to the hotel they were assigned to.

They were told that their contact one General Sin was away for at least 3 or 4 days, it would be good for the ambasador but meant too much time spent kickinig their heels waiting. Aah well just like being in the military, hurry up and wait.

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Beta Tester Contributor

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:39 am

Seraphina put up a hand to block the medics from recasting her nose but he gently waved her hand aside and replaced the cast. She sighed as her nose was worked on. Once in the limo she leaned back into the plush seats. The image of the the three generals surrounding her was intimidating to say the least, she desperately wanted to be seated closer to the guards but etiquette and security dictated otherwise. She nodded and shook the offered hands of each general with a firm handshake, while making eye contact with each one.

"It is an honor, Gentlemen to be allowed to come here and discuss peace with colonies. And thank you for your patience in having to make extra arrangements, it is greatly appreciated."

Her voice low she maintained eye contact with each one she she spoke, and gestured towards the medics. She swallowed hard after performing the simple gesture that had formulated itself fin her brain so instantaneously the she never considered the ramifications.

As Major General Marshall eluded to complete disarmament of earth she nodded her full attention on him.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zeke on Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:38 am

Zeke stood by and watched as the medical team did they're job. When the recasting of Seraphina's nose began he figured that Alan and Grimbold would have it covered so he wandered out of the medical bay into the "open" colony air before he lit up a cigarette. He looked back at them making sure he wasn't out of ear shot before leaning on the corner of the building to smoke.

Two guards walked back on patrol, Zeke could only assume and gave him the evil eye. All he needed was for someone to tell him to put it out. Zeke growled back at them. He was not pleased with the terms of this mission on General Sin's side. He had to watch them. Watch each one of them.

When Seraphina left the sick bay and got into the limo with Grim and Alan, Svetlana stopped and looked over to see Zeke talking with one of the armed soldiers at the Hummer that would be driving behind. She gave him a cocked eyed look as he wandered around to the other side of the vehicle and got into the passenger seat. His eyes were glazed through the tinted windshield of the SIG Hummer. Svetlana shook it off and took her seat in the limo.

Zeke wanted to have an eye on everything. Everything. Especially Grim and Alan, but he trusted the SIG movement even less. His hand automatically found the button for the window and he looked over at the driver.

"Can I smoke in here?"
"Only if you don't tell my boss."
His eyes glinted with a hint of playfulness as Zeke lit the cigarette. When Zeke looked back at him he had a lit smoke between his teeth as well. He couldn't help but chuckle.

Zeke
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Svetlana_Popova on Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:47 pm

Svetlana sits down next to Seraphina in the Limo and watches the three Generals carefully. Their guarded proposition for complete disarmorment of earth didn't surprise her at all. Although she thought it was too soon for such a discussion to take place. She frowned her disaproval at the generals and probed slightly with her mind. Lt General Chamberlin begins to absently rub his temples. Seems this one is very strong of mind. She turns her attention to the War General and frowns even more. He is hiding something. She stops what she is doing, and turns her attention back to the conversation at hand. She nods when they mention their hotel arrangements and the constant security detail. She then tunes them out and looks out the window of the limo as they speed across the grid.

Svetlana_Popova
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:00 pm

Being seated so far away from the ambassador was not to Grimbold's liking, ok she was with Svetlana but that didn't help Grimbold's feeling of helplessness.
He spent the time traveling to the hotel watching the generals' bodyguards, for the lack of anything else to do.

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:15 pm

Part of her couldn't believe they were asking for complete disarmament of the earth it seemed foolish and a ploy, but she accepted his request with grace. One thing I can give the colonies, she thought to herself, is the roads are not as bumpy. Maybe it was due to the attack by Dante', or the fact that he had sent Zeke to watch out for her, but it seemed Gabriel was never far from her mind, She pushed him aside and looked to the three generals. She focused her eyes on Brigadier General Prescott. Her brown eyes looked the man over gaging his character. He seemed the standard of excellence, in fact all three of them probably had long and illustrious military careers. They guarded their thoughts as jealously as she did her own. She felt however that each man had something to say, something to bring to the table. They were a formidable entourage and certainly General Sin's most trustworthy officers, however there had to be more to this than complete disarmament. Everyone in the limo knew that wasn't going to happen anytime in the near future.

"Gentlemen, the idea of complete disarmament has been brought forward and will certainly be brought to the table when General Sin returns and I will take it to the Earth Leaders when I return. Is there anything else that I should be aware of, that can be disclosed at this moment?"

Her eyes wandered over the three generals unflinchingly. Making eye contact with each one searching out some sign of offense, or a chink in the armor. The pain was threatening to cloud her thoughts as she sat there so she began to breathe deeply and push it aside. This is more important than me, she repeated the mantra three or four times in her head to hold the pain back. Slowly her awareness of it faded and it became a dull throbbing in her body. All she could do was hope that the men in front of her did not see the cloud that threaten to veil her eyes, and begged God and the saints for strength. The last thing she wanted to do was appear weak in front of these men. Maybe it is a good thing the General Sin will be gone, time to rest time to heal.

She forced her mind to quit its wandering again. No Sign of weakness allowed Seraphina Magdalena Alighieri Faile, she thought to herself, no sign of weakness.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:16 pm

The generals gazed upon Svetlana and Seraphina as if trying to perceive their thoughts. Try as she might, Seraphina's weakened body was clearly visible and already widely known amongst everyone in the entourage due to her need of a medical team. And to have made the long journey in that condition? No doubt she would be fighting a battle against pain and fatigue in her mind. General Chamberlin lifted his glasses further up the bridge of his pointed nose with a single gloved hand before beginning to speak.
Chamberlin: "It's apparent that you've had some... Less than fortunate events lately. For that we express our greatest remorse and present you all the best wishes. We hate to exploit you under these conditions, but let it be made clear that the matters we discuss are of a greater significance than you may realize now. As such, each moment wasted could potentially lead to events more catastrophic than those circa three years ago. We three are here to represent the Colonies and their interests, although no final decisions can be made without the presence of General Sin. To save what little time we have, we are authorized to begin discussions and terms of peace... Or war. Be weary, as any results derived from what we discuss will be forwarded to General Sin and may gain a decision prior to his return."
The General glared intently as he pondered how to phrase his next line. Obviously he had no intention of making it easy on them. The other two generals crossed their legs as they intently focused their attention toward their colleague.
Chamberlin:"Our scans of your planet over the past three years have indicated a large increase military bases - especially mobile suit bases. Need I remind you, it was your Ex-leader of Earth who ruined peace with the construction of a mobile suit - and a gundam at that - and tried to end an agreement that had functioned for nearly four years. We have reason to believe that Earth has more intention of going to war with us than we do to them."
It was at this time that James Marshal piped in.
Marshal:"In addition, we've noticed significant mobile suit production in an increasing number of factories in Africa. Let's not begin with your Lake Victoria venture in attempting to build what was apparently going to be an international supplier of mobile suits. We have also found sporadic indications of possible Gundams in Asia and in the Sanc Kingdom. Quite frankly I see very little reason why we shouldn't make the attempt to solve this apparent hostility with our own prompt resolve. We've been forced to step up mobile suit production just so that we can feel safe. It seems you're trying to take advantage of the division in alliegances in the colonies."
While the other two generals talked, General Walter Prescott had pulled up a briefcase and was busily looking over several papers littered with numbers and charts. After a few moments he had found what he was looking for.
Prescott:"In the last two months alone, inflation has risen nearly 12% above expectations due to the massive increase in mobilization we've had to make to compete with Earth's continued armament. It seems the three year war has taught your governments nothing. It's a mere matter of time before the exponentially increasing resources put into the development and production of mobile weapons needs to be justified with a war. The barbaric lives your civilization leads throws such effort and money into weapons as if fighting was all you knew how to do. No wonder so many of your countries economies are a wreck. Look at your South Americas. It's no better than a landfill, it almost seems your world powers have tried to avoid that area. It would be the ideal place to test experimental weapons, little or no population and hardly any activity other than specific military movements."
Chamberlin:"What we are saying is that we see little reason to even bother with peace talks. Your planet has tried to take us over before, but we have learned from our mistakes. We will not sit by and be victimized again. If you're serious about maintaining peace, we demand that we see a minimum of a 75% cut in global mobile suit factories, dismantling of 75% of all current mobile suits in service, and we demand 200,000 credits per Colony under the Space Unified Nations to compensate us for the unnecessary downturn in our economy. We've determined that your planet would more than suffice with 25% of it's currently known mobile weapons, and 600,000 credits is a modest amount to appease the colonists. Over the years through solidified mutual trust, we can together dismantel the last remnants of our mobile weapons."
The limo driver was taking the scenic route around the city.

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years
Progenitor Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Beta Tester Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Svetlana_Popova on Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:45 pm

Svetlana turns her head to the generals and their demands. She scowls at their comments. I wonder if I could get away with killing them now just to rid ourselves of their stupidity. She laughs quietly to herself and looks at Seraphina and sees that she is fighting for control over the pain. She then looks back at the generals.

"General's, I understand your point of view and wishing to push this matter, but now is not the time to discuss this. I request that we are taken to our hotel, and after the Ambassador has time to rest..."

Seraphina puts her hand up to stop Svetlana and shakes her head slightly.

"Excuse my assistant. She only thinks of my well being and speaks before she thinks at times. She is invaluable, but at times makes me wonder why I keep her around."

She glares at Svetlana, and then turns her attention back to the Generals.

Svetlana_Popova
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:53 pm

The generals smiled lightly at Seraphina's comment showing they were humans capable of emotion, despite many other's opinions. Chamberlin smiled lightly, more to himself than the others as he had already expected someone would eventually point out the obvious.
Chamberlin:"We understand Seraphina's condition, and the best thing you can do for her health is to simply satisfy the colony's concerns and needs. We can have you on your way back to earth in under an hour. We understand that you and your party probably don't appreciate our environment just as we don't so enjoy yours. However, if you wish to prolong these discussions more than they need be, you're welcome to the generous accommodations we've prepared. I do hope it doubles the standards you find on Earth. We should be arriving shortly."
The driver had pulled into an area on the edge of the business district. Three blocks down was their destination.

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seraphina Alighieri on Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:32 am

Seraphina sighed knowing Svetlana was right, she also knew that the generals were right. The best thing to do she felt was to stay, it would give her time to contact world Global leaders and receive their input and concerns. She looks at Svetlana and the pain so obvious in her eyes, she again motions for silence.

"Gentlemen, I feel that your terms are reasonable, and your concerns quite rational. I would, however like to stay and contact the Earth Governments and receive their input and keep negotiations open. As an ambassador I too must answer to higher powers. I would also like to tour the colonies in order to see first hand the destruction as well as aid, how I can, in relief efforts, I have experience in this from three years ago. If I may be allowed to do so I will happily send a report back to the Earth leaders which may be quite beneficial to the peace process. I would also like to discuss with you the ability to set up a neutral committee in order to inspect earth and potentially the colonies and ensure that both side are following the treaty. Disarmament is a tricky thing, and people both here and on Earth will need assurances that they are safe."

She stopped speaking and hugged her hands around her rib cage, closing her eyes. Her breathing was so shallow that she sounded as though she was gasping, the medic began to move closer to her. She Waived him off. Slowly she forced the pain out of her mind it must have taken several minutes. She opened her eyes and raised her head meeting the gaze of the Generals as intensely as before

"There are also questions of rogue factions on both sides with their own agendas that must be dealt with. I know that the arms industry on Earth will use these factions as a reason to fight against our mutual goal of peace. Both sides need to deal with these groups, and both will need assurances that something will be done. I know you are trying to unify the Colonies, this too frightens those on the planet surface seeing as you control the Gundinium. Gentlemen, this is our conundrum. I understand your need for reparations, but I would also like to propose an economic solution that will reward both sides for their compliance. What is it you need as far as resources to rebuild that Earth can provide?"

She lay back against the seat nearly exhausted from the negotiations thus far. She Watched the Generals for any sign of response, any indication of what they thought of her proposals. She motioned to Svetlana for something to drink.The medic beat Svetlana to the punch and handed her a bottle of water. She whispered to the Medic, it was all she could make her voice do.

"Thank you."

She sipped at it slowly the cold water aiding in bringing her back to her senses. When she resumed speaking with the Generals her voice was barely audible, it hurt almost too much to speak.

"Ultimately I would like to propose to the Earth Leaders as well as General Sin a non-aggression pact. This pact will include your reparations as well as a disarmament clause a long with the formation of an inspection team that can ensure that the treaty is being followed. From their I would like to Economic incentives for further continuing, hopefully prompting a Peace treaty."

Her hand was shaking do bad she had to use two hands to steady the water she was holding. Again she fought desperately for control of her body.

Seraphina Alighieri
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grimbold Theoman on Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:57 am

It was clear that negotiations were going ahead in the back of the limo but the details of the discussion were inaudible to those towards the front. What else was clear was the toll they were taking on Seraphina. It struck Grimbold forcefully that these Generals were taking advantage of the position she was in. Under normal circumstances an envoy would be given chance to get into the hotel and at the very least refresh themselves before formal negotiations began.

This use of pressure on the health of the ambassador was rude at the least and at the worst downright undiplomatic. The generals would know that and be keen to push for agreements they may not get under more normal circumstances. And it seemed to Grimbold that they were succeeding. He decided that if they didn't soon arrive at their hotel he would be forced to sayd something, no matter how inappropriate that might be!

Grimbold Theoman
GWC Veteran
Member for 18 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SinfulSoul on Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:13 pm

The limo pulled into the governor's drive of the "Grand Sin" hotel as did the two Hummers. The limo driver stepped out of the car and opened the door to the rear allowing the passengers an exit. Before any of the passengers could leave, General Marshal began to speak.
Marshal:"The idea of sending a party down to Earth to ensure the disarmament of mobile weapons runs smoothly will probably appeal to the colonists. However, we cannot promise that our disarmament will be immediate, as we have more neighboring enemies than you. As I'm sure you know, there are still two colonies that are not under our control, and from what we know, L03 has already started their own armaments program which will undeniably be used against us either now or in the future. You on the other hand have nothing to fear if this peace treaty doesn't fall through. This obligation should be much easier for your governments to fulfill.

That leaves your planet's rogue factions. If you can send us detailed reports and maps on your terrain and your current troop locations, we will be able to help you find suspected locations for enemy factions. If your governments will allow, we can send our own task force down and defend your governments from their enemies."

Prescott:"As far as resources go, we are in need of precious metals such as silver, gold, and platinum to help reduce our inflation. Also, our generators are in need of more pure plutonium fuel cells and lead. 20 kilos each should be enough to suffice. With these key resources, the appetite of our incredible power consumption can finally be assuaged."
Chamberlin:"If your governments can honor this modest request for aid, we can consider ourselves on the right path for peace. But it seems we have arrived at the Grand Sin, so please enjoy the dinner we have prepared for you and your party later this evening. They will take your bags to your rooms. Please take your time to consider our request, and remember that your decisions could help save the lives of billions. Anyway, enjoy your stay. This limo will be available for you to roam the city, however I regret to inform you that we were unable to gain clearance for you to enter any military zones. You are located on the edge of the business district which spans three blocks either way full of high class shopping and a mall two blocks behind the hotel. If your... Friends here so desire, there is a brothel and a bar three blocks away from the mall down Speedway street. The number for General Sin's secretary is located by the phone in your room, please let her know when you're ready to meet again. We'll give the doctor a room here for a couple nights until you're in better condition. After you."
Chamberlin motioned for the party to leave. Simultaneously the guards sitting near Grimbold had been growing weary as they had noticed Grimbold's growing tension. The guards silently slid their fingers closer to their triggers as they awaited the Earth party to exit the vehicle.

SinfulSoul
GWC Veteran
Member for 19 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Svetlana_Popova on Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:19 pm

With a scowl, Svetlana gets out of the limo, and turns to assist Seraphina out of the car. She nods at Grimbold to take the otherside of Seraphina and they lead her into the hotel with the Doctor trailing behind her.

Svetlana_Popova
Member for 19 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!