Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

And Her Last Words Were (OOC) (CLOSED)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

And Her Last Words Were (OOC) (CLOSED)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShatteredSoul on Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:32 pm

The Synopsis:

Katelynn Elizabeth Carston, a young girl of a mere nineteen years old, has everything she could ever want. Great friends, a loving and close family, acceptions to her top colleges (Univ of New Haven, Castleton, Iona). She was due to start her fall semester in just five months. On June fifth, she due to give a very important proposal to her boss at the store she worked at. She was strangely nervous and sickly that day: pale skin, fever, shakiness, and odd chest pains. She was out of it, and a bit light-headed and dizzy too. After about five minutes into her speech, Kate collapsed to the floor unconscious. She was rushed to the ER and immediately taken to the ICU where a large series of tests were run. After a long, and impatient four hours, Katelynn Elizabeth Carston, a young, privileged, beautiful nineteen year old young woman, has found out that she is dying. The Doctor, a mister Greg Viela, informed her solemnly that she has a rare condition, rare and very severe: Heart cancer, more specifically, a lymph-form of heart cancer focusing on the aortic region of her heart. It's inoperable, the methods needed to remove such an intricate mass and mess far too dangerous for her to live through. The most the doctor can offer to her is medication and chemotherapy treatment. The look of the heart and the lymphoma and tumor alone shows that she is at a very advanced stage, though the exact level in indeterminable without further testing. Katelynn doesn't want to die as anyone other than herself, as a sick person. She's what happens to patients that undergo chemotherapy and various other treatments to prolong their death, it makes them sicker and look deathly: pale skin, constant temperature flashes between cold and hot, hair loss, weakness, and various other symptoms. She loves her friends and family dearly, and would not want to put them through the torture, fear, sadness, or financial trouble of the treatments, nor would she want them to spend their last moments with the "wrong" Katie, she doesn't want to put herself through that either. She politely denied the chemotherapy treatment from Dr. Viela, respectfully of course, and instead asked him to predict her life span. He explained to Katie very carefully that the lymphoma was a strong and intelligent form, and that it had been aided with a cancerous number of cells in building up a strong tumorous region in her heart, the way it was found was very lucky, and also very unfortunate, being its stage of advancement and its inoperabilty. He gives her about four months left to live, with treatment that could extend to a minimum of one year, and a lucky maximum of her life. She was upset, but understanding and unchanging of her decision to deny the treatment, though she did agree to the medications and to stay in the hospital for the next two days so that there could be further studying of her cancer.

Now, Katelynn has left the hospital and returned to her apartment on the June twelfth. She informed her friends and family that she was fine, and that the doctors told her to just cut back on all of her activites and relax some, that they determined it was a moderate anxiety episode and that they had only kept her to make sure and certain she was alright and had no concussions. It was a straight lie. She doesn't want anyone to know the truth, if they do, they'll inevitably treat her differently: like a dying person, like a sick person, like all they can do is cry and look at her with those sad eyes. She doesn't want to can't spend her last days of life living like a dying person, like all her life consists of now is death. She refuses to. Of course she will eventually tell the the truth, but she will wait for now, until she is satisfied completely with her life. For the time being, she wants to live out the rest of her days as best she can; picnics, days at the amusement parks, rainy afternoons playing childish board games. Simple desires to most, but to her, they are the most memorable, and meaningful memories that anyone can hold.

The timeline:

The In Character thread of this Role Play will being in the AM of June twelfth, a Wednesday, and end on September second, a Monday. It will conclude with a time skip to the fourteenth of September in which the ceremony of her funeral will be shown. Each day will conclude after an early morning post (1), a mid-morning post (2), an afternoon post (3), a mid afternoon/sunset/dusk post (4), an evening post (5), and a bedtime/late night post (6). Each of these posts will be made in a determined post order when the Role Play is ready to begin. As you can see this is very organized and I intend it to remain this way.

The Rules/Standards:

1. I desire, request, demand, and enforce literacy within all posts made. This is a very serious, and yet somehow light-hearted story, I expect it to be written by each participant as though your character is the very air you breathe. That being said, I am requesting that all posts be a minimum of two, detailed paragraphs long. A paragraph to me, is at least six lines long. Do not use fillers please, there are times when you can't come up with something I understand, but with such structure coming up with a detailed, literate, and semi-lengthy post should be fairly easy.
2. I am requiring that all signatures be removed from In Character posts. If you do not know how to do this, I will tell you now: When you post using the post form by hitting "Post Reply", at the bottom of the screen in a blue options panel, is a check-mark that says "Attach a signature (signatures can be altered via the UCP)" Uncheck that box before you post.
3. I understand that there are times when you can not be active or not able to get online to post. I do request and require each member to submit at least one post per a two week time period. That is very generous for me, and even more generous for most Role Plays as a whole.
4. I demand and enforce that all Out Of Character comments are left out of the In Character thread and kept to the Out Of Character thread. It keep things neat, organized, and easy to follow. If you have a question, concern, idea, announcement, whatever; it is to stay out of your post and instead be placed here.
Failure to commit to these rules will result in a mailed and OOC announced warning. You are allowed two warnings, and then you will be removed from the Role Play.

Characters:

(each listed name will have a link to the profile post for quick reference)

Katelynn Elizabeth Carston (19) ForsakenSoul Profile here
Mother NPC by Massslz, kris0the0girl, and ForsakenSoul
Father NPC by MAsslz, kris0the0girl, and ForsakenSoul
Middle Sibling Ashlynn Danielle Carston (24)(+5 yrs.) kris0the0girl Profile here
Oldest Sibling Duncan Carston (30) (+11yrs.) Masslz Profile here
Possible love interest: Cian Gabriel Sommers (Yani, Gabby, Kitten) Rend Profile here
Close friend: Male
Close Friend: Corinne Marie Devereux GoriexGorie Profile Here
Conditional Friend: Xhaiden Ray Finley (Xhai, Ray-Ray, DJ X-Ray) Rend Profile here
Old High School Friend:Timothy Lee Weaver (Timmeh, Timber, Timya) Rend Profile here
Stalker: William (Bill) F. Cooly Nanophreak Profile here
Acquaintance: Toshimara "Toshiya" Hara Diru Profile Here

These are the most common characters that are involved, however, the italicized positions are indeed open for debate. I am also open to the idea of other characters if you can justify them. I will only accept fifteen characters total for this Role Play.

Character Application Form:

Code: Select all
[center]font=Lucida Calligraphy][b]Name:[/b] First Middle Last  (Middle name is not required)[/font]
[font=Lucida Calligraphy][b]Gender:[/b][/font]
[font=Lucida Calligraphy][b]Age:[/b][/font]
[font=Lucida Calligraphy][b]Appearance:[/b] You must use at least one paragraph. Key focals: hair color, eye color, clothing style, general build of body and height. Pictures are acceptable, but must accompany the paragraph(s) and must be real (Not anime, cartoon, etc.)[/font]
[font=Lucida Calligraphy][b]Relationship with Katelynn:[/b][/font]
[font=Lucida Calligraphy][b]History:[/b] I want at least one paragraph (according to my standards) that details how this person is involved with the main character Katelynn. You are more than welcome to expand their history for further knowledge.[/font]
[font=Lucida Calligraphy][b]Residence type:[/b] House, apartment, condo, etc.[/font]
[font=Lucida Calligraphy][b]Favorite places to visit:[/b][/font]
[font=Lucida Calligraphy][b]Hobbies, Interests, etc.:[/b][/font]
[font=Lucida Calligraphy][b]Possessions of importance:[/b] Example: Cell phone (specify please), computer/laptop, jewelry, clothing items (hat, jacket, etc.) etc.[/font]
[font=Lucida Calligraphy][b]Involvement with other characters:[/b] If applicable[/font]
[font=Lucida Calligraphy][b]Other:[/b] Are they in college? Where do they go? What do they do? Do they have a job? etc.[/font][/center]

Important links:

The Roleplayers Wanted Thread
The Character Profiles
In Character (IC) Thread
Concept Art Thread

The Post Order:
(this is incomplete at the current moment)

1. Katelynn E. Carston ForsakenSoul
2. Duncan Carston Masslz
3. Ashlynn D. Carston kris0the0girl
4. Corinne M. Devereux GoriexGorie
5. William F. Cooly Nanophreak
6. Cian G. Sommers, Xhaiden R. Finley, Timothy L. Weaver Rend
7. Toshimara Hara Diru

Other:
(Codes, requests, answers to inquiries, etc.)

Text Message Format Code(required):

[font=Dotum][color=#000000][b] Text Message Contents Here[/b][/color][/font]

For those that want to use the same text style I do:

[font=Lucida Calligraphy][/font]

Thank you for joining guys and gals! Let's make this a story to remember.
Last edited by ShatteredSoul on Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:03 am, edited 26 times in total.
Please rate my posts, as I work very hard and diligently on them, and well, I'd like my reputation rating to be a reflection of that.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ShatteredSoul
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Re: And Her Last Words Were (OOC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SexyBabe16 on Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:47 pm

Could I please reserve the middle sibling? I will be playing a girl.
Today Was A Fairytale ~ By Taylor Swift. Is the song I strive on. I strive on different songs but at the moment and for a while it will be my sole strength... Up & Above xxxx

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

SexyBabe16
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShatteredSoul on Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:54 pm

Nice to see you here SB16, though I am going to have to let you know that there is no reserving of spots as they are limited, first come first serve. However, that does not mean I am accepting all applications either. That being said, it's first come, first to be accepted, first serve. xD

ShatteredSoul
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SexyBabe16 on Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:04 am

Oh Ok.. Making one right now Just a question how old is your Character?

SexyBabe16
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby SexyBabe16 on Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:04 am

i will asap

SexyBabe16
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rend on Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:01 am

Name: Cian Gabriel Sommers, often called Yani, Gabby, and Kitten by those who know him.
Appearance: Cian is considered good looking by most with his darkly tanned skin, tall, fairly athletic build, and long multi-hued hair. He looks Australian, like a surfer in a way, without the tattoos. His features are masculine, yet soft and gentle despite his reputation of being a bit harsh. The young man sports a set of warm brown eyes that, like most of him, seemed to have been touched by the sun. And his hair, he typically leaves it down to fall about his broad shoulders, though he does place it in a low ponytail from time to time. He has an air of confidence that makes him seem above society, a sort of curious arrogance of sorts and it is reflected in his appearance. Typically, his attire is simple; t-shirts and faded, torn, blue jeans, a pair of worn out sandals. He is a college student after all and only puts forth enough effort to make himself presentable to the rest of the world. He will dress up if he is forced, but getting him out of his sandals is like trying to pull a Mac truck with a bicycle.

Cian has several scars along his back from a bad surfing accident when he was very young, but nothing that is prominent without his shirt off. He also has very light freckles, though he denies it. He's also rarely caught without his guitar, though no one ever hears him play it.

Relationship with Katelynn: Possible Love Interest? Or at least a friend. I was hoping that he could be the friend of one of her siblings and that could be how they could have met.
History: He first met the Carston family when he moved to the States with his aunt and uncle at the age of five. Being an only child, Cian was spoiled rotten by the couple who had never had children of their own, but took the boy in after his father had perished in a car accident. The boy's mother had never really had anything much to do with him, so she was hardly a good choice as a guardian.

But, despite the tragedy, Cian was a happy child; rotten and mischievous, but happy none the less. He had befriended Katelynn's sibling and because of that budding friendship, was frequently at the Carston household. And as they grew up, he was an absolute terror for the young girl, often teasing her for everything under the sun, as immature boys were known to do. But, he was also fairly protective of her regardless, similar to an older brother, though he tried his best to hide it. When he reached his teens, his torment of her shifted to more of a playful, partially affectionate means of communication. Dropping a waterballoon on her from the second story bathroom window to make her cry had turned into flicking peas at her from across the dinner table when no one was looking, just to get a reaction from her. When he hit highschool, he became more involved with soccer, spending more time practicing then anything else. In school his grades were average, the young man doing only what was needed to maintain a decent standing. He didn't have the attention span for much else.

Throughout school he had "gone out" with multiple girls, though none of his relationships lasted for much longer than a month. He was highly sought after, labeled "The Ice Prince" for his cold attitude toward anyone he found beneath his attentions, and "The Catch" by every female that had seen him with his shirt off. No one ever really stuck, mainly because none of them had been interesting enough. But deep down he knew it was at least partially because he had been harboring a secret crush for Katelynn. Though he never really interacted that much with her during school due to their age differences and his need to distance himself from others, he always kept an eye out for her and made sure to pester her whenever possible with paper projectiles and playful banter.

He graduated with a full ride to the nearby University for his soccer playing and moved into an apartment with two of his closest buddies so that he could be within walking distance, though he still finds excuses to visit the Carstons and his Aunt and Uncle.

Residence type: He lives in an apartment with his two roommates, near the college that he attends.
Favorite places to visit: He greatly enjoys visiting the park at night, laying atop the playground's wooden climbing structure away from all of the lights so that he can see the night sky. He also loves frequenting anyplace that has food in mass. And when all else fails, he can be found somewhere alone, up high, like the roof of the music center of his college, or the abandoned amphitheater on the far side of campus that is only used for spring and summer concerts. When he's feeling active, he can be found in the arcade, or on the soccer field. But, his true love is the ocean and in the summer time, it is rare that he is away from it at all.
Hobbies, Interests, etc.: Strangely enough, Cian adores music, even more than soccer and usually has some song stuck in his head at all hours. He does play guitar and is very good, though he is embarrassed of the skill and believes that he has a long way to go. Soccer at this point, has become more of a profession than a hobby. He loves the game, loves the adrenaline of scoring and winning a match, but the music still rises above it. Cian enjoys being outside, near water, under the open sky where he can watch the stars. He also loves video games, a fact that has been gnawing tenaciously away at his sleeping schedule. His primary interest will always be food, however.
Possessions of importance: Usually he carries around his DROID cellphone, a black touchscreen nicknamed Artwoo at all times alone with his car keys that usually dangle from his belt loop by a green climbing clip. He wears a hemp rope necklace that has been hand-braided and that holds a small gunmetal bead in it's center. His guitar is also usually with him. The arcoustic is a beautiful cherry stained instrument, decorated with darker lines in tribal designs all along the edge and a brown leather shoulder strap. His most valuable possession however, is a small blue kitten stuffed animal that he has had since birth; the only thing his mother has ever given him. Its in good condition despite its age and is the source of his Kitten nickname.
Involvement with other characters: He is the ex neighbor of the family and bestfriends with one of Katelynn's siblings.
Other: He works the night shift at a local bar as a barback and a bartender in training.

I hope this is acceptable. If not, I can modify what needs changing. This sounds like a very good plot and look forward to seeing how it turns out, despite knowing the ending. <3

Rend
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShatteredSoul on Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:14 am

Rend: I adore you for that profile! It made me laugh, it made me grin, and it makes me very, very excited for this Role Play. You of course accepted, and I would also like to comment that I absolutely love way you are choosing to be her love interest as far as being the common "bully" but secretly crushing. =D You are of course, accepted. Welcome to AHLWW :)

Also, I would just like to note, that I will be posting a profile sheet for Katelynn. However, the sheet will be posted last, so that I can incorporate all major roles into it without going back to edit forty two times ^.^
Edit: I am actually going to post about half of Katelynn's profile, it will be made on the profile thread and direct linked back here :). That way, you all have some idea of how this will work.

Last edited by ShatteredSoul on Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

ShatteredSoul
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rend on Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:55 am

^////^ Yay! I'm glad you like him. I haven't used Cian in a roleplay for a very very long time and even then, he wasn't particularly well developed, mainly because he was just a side character. So, I am glad to have a chance at fleshing him out more. And I thought him being an overall pain in the tuckus to her would be a nice touch. ^_^ He's really an affectionate dork though. -is excited too- People need to join! Rawr! -flail-

Rend
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShatteredSoul on Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:03 pm

:D I agree! Let's go snag a few literates to join huh? XD Oh! As you will see Rend, I have made an official profile thread and am quoting all profiles to it. There is a link right next to your character name in the initial character list in which you may go and see it. It makes looking up characters much more convenient, especially if you have to dig through, like, four OOC pages xD

ShatteredSoul
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rend on Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:17 pm

Awesome idea, love. Very convenient indeed. I am thinking about tossing up the profiles of his two goofy roommates, though they are side characters. One of them is from the same highschool, so I suppose it is possible that they could have know Katelynn somehow. Most likely they will only remain side characters, if at the very most friendly acquaintances with the other characters. But, I kinda feel like giving them some depth. >_>

Rend
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShatteredSoul on Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:22 pm

:) That's fine, you are more than welcome to do that if you want to. I think it'd be pretty cool to get a small insight as to who the people he lives with are and how they might influence him. Gives the story an even more realistic feel and really gives a lot of depth, even if the profiles posted aren't fully descriptive, it would just give that sort of taste so to speak. :)

ShatteredSoul
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rend on Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:13 pm

Name:Xhaiden Ray Finley, know as Xhai and Ray-Ray by his friends, and DJ X-Ray at Club Underground
Appearance: Xhaiden is...colorful, to put things mildly. Always dressed in bright, layered clothing, he usually looks like a bag of skittles vomited on him. But he goes about it in a manner that is stylish, if not a bit on the feminine side. He has the musculature of a twelve year old girl, as Cian often remarks, standing a mere 5'6 compared to the Australian's 6'2. Xhai is known for his wild hairstyles that change weekly in range of color and design, though his natural hair is light ash brown. Lately he's taken to Dark brown with a gradiant to bright neon orange across his bangs that are long a fall to the right side of his face, with the rest of his messy, multi-layered locks going where ever they may in hues of dark brown and black. His features are pale, skin deprived, and pretty in a masculine sense. His natural eye color is a deep hazel verging on green, but he is never seen without some form of colored contacts so this isn't well known.

He has multiple piercings, both of his ears in four places, his right eyebrow, and his lip twice along with his navel and tongue. He hasn't been brave enough yet to go for anything more dramatic, though he does occasionally sport temporary corset piercings for work. Xhaiden also has a couple of tattoos, one being a set of spiraling Latin words in the form of religious verse about his navel artfully. He also has a small, brightly colored moth tattooed on his throat, just below his left ear as well as the bar code for a bag of skittles across the inside of his left wrist. And yes, it actually scans in stores.

(Similar male type creature. Finding an actual picture for him is impossible.)

Relationship with Katelynn:He is an aquaintence of sorts, meeting her through Cian.
History: Xhaiden was raised in a perfect home of the Catholic persuasion, forced to go to mass as often as possible from the day of his birth by his super religious family. They decided from his birth that he would go into the priesthood, following the tradition of many male members of his family. However, Xhaiden wanted to become a doctor, despite his love of God. But, being the good, obedient son that he was, he said nothing about it. That is until at the age of thirteen when he encountered a strange situation that he had always been told was against what God wanted of his children. He came across two male students in the highschool locker room. What had he been doing there? Well, he had been sent inside to fetch his elder brother's sports bag that the other had forgotten. Xhaiden had been confused, baffled, and shy, quickly grabbing the bag and running out. However, what had scared him more than anything else, was his own body's reaction to the scene. He was exactly what his family despised. For a few years he was able to keep it to himself, not wanting to hurt his family and not wanting to betray God's will.

However, it was during this time that he had met Cian. Cian was dangerous, mysterious, and more male than Xhaiden could ever hope to be. And within the first moment he had met the other, he had fallen hard. But, Cian was straight. So, unable to ignore his attraction to other males he began secretly dating guys and for a good while things were fine. That is, until during one incident at a mall when he was shopping with his family that he finally snapped. His father had said something along the lines of: Ugh, don't they ban queers from public places, when spotting a gay couple. Xhaiden went off, verbal lashing them for every un justified hateful thought that they had. He came out to them moving in with another friend to escape and carry out his exile. He became absorbed in DJing, in making sythisized music that he could drown out the world in. But, despite his painful history, he was still a happy guy, eventually moving in with Cian and another friend while attending school. He is still, unfortunately head over heels for Cian, though he knows that being with his friend is an impossibility.

Residence type: An apartment with Cian and Timothy.
Favorite places to visit:Xhaiden loves clubs, bars, and loud places full of people. He loves anyplace where he can lose himself in the crowd and let himself go. Concerts are another place you can find him easily. He attends as many as possible and memorizes the concert listings each year. During the day when he isn't in class, he can be found in his room, working on new songs or playing online video games to loud music.
Hobbies, Interests, etc.:Xhaiden loves taking things apart, loves figuring out how things work and fit together. He also loves odd sounds and creating new techno, D and B, and trance music with them. His primary interest in school is computer programing, though he does still find the medical field fascinating. He is obsessed with bright colorful things, things that light up and flash and move. ADD much?
Possessions of importance:His alien ware custom desktop computer with multicolored LEDs and flat screen 32' twin monitors is his pride and joy. He guards it with his life and calls it Miranda. He is also never seen without his oversized pair of rainbow paint splashed headphones and at least three random necklaces. He also wears more accessories than most females and usually sports a black messenger back with a cutesy looking bunny rabbit on it eating a Hippie that says: Save the Vegetables, Eat a Hippie
Involvement with other characters: He is close friends with Xhaiden and Timothy, his two roommates.
Other: He works at the same bar/club that Cian works in, being the one to get the other man a job. However, he also bounces about to other clubs and events when he is requested.

Rend
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShatteredSoul on Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:00 pm

Again Rend, you fail to not impress me xD. This profile mad me laugh, made me frown, roll my eyes everything. You are a very amazing writer, and I am very, very honored to have your company in this story :)

ShatteredSoul
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Иanophяeak on Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:48 pm

Name: William (Bill) F. Cooly
Appearance: A slight, pale boy of slightly above-average height. His downturned face and gray-flecked green eyes have usually been hidden by his dirty-blond curls whenever Katelynn happened to pass by him, and thus she does not know really know him. His dark, baggy clothes are always long-sleeved shirts, always a pair of jeans, or long khakis. They obscure that, despite his slim build, his muscles are actually well defined, compact rather than bulky, the result of hours spent in the gym, lifting small weights over and over in an attempt to become modestly attractive. When he stands up straight at his full five feet, ten inches, you can see that his face, while undoubtedly masculine, has traces of feminine compassion, and his green eyes seem to always be pleading to you for some unknown release.
Relationship with Katelynn: Part-time stalker and major crusher. The courage to look directly at her, let alone communicate with her, has always failed him.
History: After living a life filled with experiences full of things that would have torn apart most other children, he came to realize that what you treasure must always be kept close, kept safe from the thieving arms of Fate. After this realization, he tried to name what he treasured. This occupied his thoughts for the entire following week, until one day, last year, in the high school cafeteria, he looked around absently, and Katelynn's also-wandering eyes happened to land on him in the same moment his passed over her. They saw each other, but whereas Katelynn quickly looked away, feeling awkward, he kept on staring. For some reason, he found himself thinking, This is what I treasure. This is what be kept protected. This is... impossible.
Residence type: Fairly well-to-do, he owns his own two-bedroom apartment by the local college, containing a Spartan decor of an overstuffed, comfortable sofa, spotless kitchen, small bathroom, living room (with a large entertainment system), and his bedroom, with only a dresser containing a sadly similar wardrobe, and a king-sized bed, never slept in by anyone but himself.
Favorite places to visit: Public Library, a park near Katelynn's house.
Hobbies, Interests, etc.: Writing, cooking, psychology
Possessions of importance: A notebook, containing all of his writing ideas, psychology profiles, and Katelynn sketches.
Involvement with other characters: N/A
Other: Attending a non-community college, majoring in psychology, minor in creative writing.

Gar. I had to hurry this, sorry about that. It should hold up for now, I might add to it later if needed.
Last edited by Иanophяeak on Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Иanophяeak
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShatteredSoul on Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:25 pm

Thank you very much Nano, that's a very unique and interesting role to add to the story! I'm very glad you're joining this! Just make sure you fix that BBcode right there in the beginning hun and you'll be all set. :) I'll quote this, profile page it, and make mental note of adding it to Kate's profile :)

ShatteredSoul
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby NotAFlyingToy on Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:50 pm

Name: Duncan Carston
Appearance: If you were to ask Duncan, he'd say he was ugly. If you were to ask one of Duncan's girlfriends, he'd tell you that he was a major hottie. Standing at six-one and weighing 160, Duncan's a lean kid, with a six pack, long legs, and an angular face that accents his wide hazel eyes and full lips. His dusty red hair sits upon his head like an unkempt mop, and has the permanent windblown look to it, from a lifetime of riding motorcycles and playing football. His eyebrows are thin and whispy, and his nose has been broken on various occasions, from fights, wrestling, and general doping around that comes with being a very mischievous youth.
Relationship with Katelynn: Duncan's never really accepted that his kid sister grew up, and so refuses to believe that she is old enough to date men, let alone boys. He was the one who would always give her boyfriends the talk while driving them home, and although the talk was pleasant, it was often very clear that you do not mess with his sister.
History:
=-==-=-==-=-=
He couldn’t believe his eyes, as he stared in wonder at the beautiful baby cuddled in his arms. He smiled at her, letting out a soft coo of approval as the baby opened her tiny mouth, making a small noise.

His sister. His sister. His sister.

His private mantra almost became vocal as he looked around the room, smiling at the members of his family, falling more and more in love with the little bundle of fresh skin and cloth, nestled so quietly in his arms. He let her tug on his free finger, bouncing her lightly.

Here was another vital piece of his life. A wonderful, newfound reason for an existence away from sports and math and everything else that took up his 10 year old life. He had someone to protect, to become a role model for.

He could feel it in his gut. He’d be a very good brother to her. And he could only hope that she would be a great sister in return.
==-=-==-=-==
Duncan’s always felt like he had to be a rock for his family, hard and strong through the tough times, the shoulder for his family to lean on. He’s always taken a cautious attitude towards life, and this reflects in his demeanour towards Katelynn. He’s always warned her about certain situations, and his talent for listening has proved to be a very useful thing to have in their family. However, Duncan’s model brotherhood ends there. He was a wild child for most of his life, and his example – do as I suggest, not as I do – is skewed in the fact that he feels hypocritical when offering advice, as he has had several encounters with drugs, women, and even theft in the past. For this reason, Duncan’s terrified that Katelynn will follow his less than shining example, and more terrified that she’d tell him he failed as a role model and a friend, for not being there during those two years.

Residence type: Duncan lives in an apartment with his roomate, Carl, a 40 minute drive from his family's home.
Favorite places to visit: His favourite pizza place is a small privately owned pizzaria called Twice the deal's, his favourite hanging out place is Victoria Park, an interesting place with a gazebo, water fountains, and benches. His other favourite place is riding in his mustang.
Hobbies, Interests, etc.: Duncan was told that he needed a positive way to burn off steam, and so he took up writing, as well as playing football more aggressively. However, when he almost crippled a young boy, he quit football and retreated completely into writing, the loss of the physical side of his stress relief proved a heavy toll on him. So he decided to take up running, to keep in shape as well as to burn off steam. Now, Duncan's happiest when he's writing, running, or talking with his siblings, whom he doesn't see very often. Another hobby that is noteable is his ability with computers. Duncan has owned almost thirty computers throughout his life, and the rush of upgrading has never abandoned him.
Possessions of importance: A fact that is always made fun of about Duncan is his obsession with leather jackets, sunglasses, and owning computers. He has an abundance of these items, so much so that an entire closet in his apartment is dedicated to storing them. He owns a black Razor cell phone, and is signed on with Telus. He rarely uses the damn thing, but insistence from his friends and family has forced him to spend money on a 100 minute a month plan. He also owns a blue mustang convertible, his pride and joy.
Involvement with other characters: Void until I know who mom/dad/sibling are. (Is best friends with Cian
Other:Duncan currently works as a movie critic for his local paper, the Little Forest Post, where he also writes a bi weekly column. His work schedule is four hours, every day of the week except thursdays, when he writes from home. He works out at the gym three days a week, and goes home to have dinner with his parents every so often, where he tries to keep close contacts with his siblings.

Jai' Fini.
Last edited by NotAFlyingToy on Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:19 am, edited 7 times in total.

NotAFlyingToy
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Party Starter Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rend on Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:46 am

v////////v I am glad that you approve, Forsaken. Writing is my passion and I am glad that I am making progress with it. I still have a ways to improve yet, though. ^^ I almost have Tim's ready.

Rend
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShatteredSoul on Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:15 am

Sounds good :) I just realized...with the current list of characters, it'll take 54 total posts to conclude a single day of the story. xD Lol, sounds a bit intimidating, I but I think we can pull it off.

ShatteredSoul
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rend on Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:46 pm

Name: Timothy Lee Weaver, or Timmeh, Timber, and Timya to his friends.
Appearance: Tim is of average height and build, not being particularly athletic and is a bit on the lanky side. He has boyish features, making him look very innocent and approachable. His hair is a light ash, wavy, and falling in loose curls about his head. He has pale skin, the kind that turns lobster red in sunlight thanks to his Irish heritage and fairly noticable freckles that add to his cutesy appearance. His eyes are an unusual mixture of green and blue, often shifting between the two shades depending on his surroundings. He has one of those infectious smiles and laughs and is very picky about making sure that he smells really good at all times. Occasionally, he wears thin wire framed glasses, and he almost never seen without a ski cap on his head. He wears nice, simple clothing, normally gamer shirts or white collared shirts and jeans. He walks around barefoot most of the time, however.

Relationship with Katelynn:He knew her in high school and though he wasn't particularly close to her, they were on a friendship level of sorts.
History: Tim was born and raised in the same home, just down the street from Cian and Katelynn. He was always a bit on the shy side, being a quiet only child in a house of loud family members than he never seemed to really fit in with. However, he was a happy child for the most part, innocent, curious, and always scribbling away in his notebooks or playing quietly with his toys. Even in highschool he was fairly quiet, and yet, enjoyed being around people, mostly just listening to conversations and being adorable. He was Cian's shadow, the two both adoring music. Cian found him to be a good companion because he was nonjudgmental, quiet, and very easy to talk to. And Tim? Well he enjoyed the blond's charismatic magnetism and the constant crowd that followed him about.

Tim was a genius in school getting perfect marks because of his obsession with knowledge.The brunette had dated one girl for about three years and he truly cared for her, maybe even loved her. However, due to his shyness and unwillingness to go further in their relationship, she left him. He's never fully recovered from it. He would have graduated Valedictiorian, however, he purposefully got a lower score on his math final so that another got it, mainly to avoid having to speak. When he got into college, he went through a bit of an overload at first. He had chosen to live in a dorm on campus, living with a random roommate and all of those shenanigans. Bad idea. The guy was filthy, rarely clean up his side of the room and never showering. It made Tim cringe, made him hate living there, and mearly violently angry. They kid never slept, never kept away from Tim's things, never even left the room unless he had to! It was maddening. And then, in one stressful evening, he unloaded on the unfortunate little hermit. He febreezed the entire dormroom until it was impossible to breathe and shoved the kid out of the room with a bottle of soap and locked the door, demanding that the other go shower or he was never getting back inside again.

Needless to say, in that instant, Tim ceased being just a quiet bystander. The following semester he moved in with Cian and Xhaiden, much to his relief. He acted like a bit of a mom toward the both of them, correcting them when they went too far with things, getting on their butts anytime that they failed to go to class or turn in homework. And in a way, that was what the other two boys needed. The trio complimented each other nicely. Xhaiden was the loud cheerful one that was constantly supplying them with excursions and the occasional party, Cian was the assertive, ambitious leader that held them together, and Timothy was the quiet voice of reason that kept them on track.

Residence type: An apartment with Cian and Xhaiden
Favorite places to visit:Tim is a library rat. He adores books and can usually be found anywhere that has tons of them. And strangely enough, he also loves being around people, or at least watching them, so any crowded open place is another good place to find him. He also loves public transportation, riding buses and trains. Why? Well he likes meeting the strangers that are on them and seeing the funny things that tend to happen on them.
Hobbies, Interests, etc.:People watching is his favorite thing to do, along with book reading, and playing drums. He's a hardcore gamer as well, but he does moderate himself. Also, he is still obsessed with learning, his major in college being Criminal Science with a focus in behavioral observation.
Possessions of importance: A book, any book, is usually on his person at all times. He also habitually carries a camera around about his neck everywhere along with a small notepad and pen. His most valued object however, is what he calls his precious, a faded gray ski cap that is never off of his head.
Involvement with other characters:Roommates and close friends with Cian and Xhaiden, friends with Duncan and distant friends with Katelynn.
Other: He works as an assistant teacher at the highschool he previously attended as well as in the science lab at his college.

^_^ YAY! Cian has a friend! -cheer- I think we can handle 54 post easy. We've just gotta keep inspired.

Rend
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ShatteredSoul on Mon Nov 23, 2009 7:07 pm

Vury gewd, vury gewd. I am liking how this is all coming together. Now all we need for key roles ish the mom and the dad and the second sibling and at least one of Kate's friends to start the IC :D

ShatteredSoul
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!