Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Cyber Repair and Research Facility (OOC Closed)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Cyber Repair and Research Facility (OOC Closed)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yolo on Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:31 am

Sorry guys but I am closing this thread. This site has been changed so much it keeps locking up my computer and it takes so long for it to load. I have DSL and I am still have troubles with the new format. I took the whole post reminder thing in stride, but the advertisement is creating havoc to my computer. I don’t know if it is just me with this problem, but I seem to have a lot of problems with this site. But now it has a habit of locking up my other programs as it loads the advertisement.

IC: Please wait for acceptance before posting. Thank you. cyber-repair-and-research-facility-t7938.html

“We are all aware of what cyber implants can do, they have given new hope to those who lost use of limbs. Make the blind able to see and the deaf to hear. Yes, we are very pleased with the success of our accomplishments.

Yet even with all this we are still unable to stop the illegal use of cyber implants. Yet another batch of poor souls have been found in a questionable laboratory.

While our police force is working overtime to insure such places are shut down. I ask you one question. What of the victims of these mad doctors? Who is going to take care of them, undo the damage inflicted upon their bodies and mind?

Ladies and Gentlemen, there is only one such facility that is capable of returning these victims to the life they once had. The Cyber Repair and Research Facility. Our caring staff are on call twenty four hours a day. Pouring their hearts and souls into their work, I have not yet see such a devotion among people.”

------------

Setting- Earth 3010. The Cyber Repair and Research Facility. (CRRF) Sixteen story building, eight above ground and eight below. There will be more, but this is where most everyone will start. Either part as the staff, crew or one of the people needing help.

Conflict- Returning people back to being ‘normal’ after being infected with illegal implants. Doctors turn to makeshift labs, with a promise of fast money. The black market for information and other illegal trades are in an all time high. These black market doctors have turned their all seeing eye to the gifted of society. Those who have special natural abilities like telepathic and creating anything from nature.

The CRRF has it’s own force to combat this problem, they use those who they have healed as a weapon. This team answers the call of police and helps round up the ’lost souls’ for rehabilitation.

Name:
Age: (please no younger than 17, unless you are not involved with CRRF)
Appearance:
Implant: (limit 2, please explain the nature of implant and location of body)
Implant removed: (yes or no or n/a if you don’t have one)
Power: (limit 1, if you do have a power implants it will limit it or focus it to one aspect of that power)
Current situation: (please give a brief history of why you are at CRRF, and length of stay if this applies to you. New arrivals normally get a detailed scan and are in status for one week before being revived)

As always please follow all rules of the forum. I am not going to explain them since I know you all are smart enough to know them.

Any questions or (helpful) comments are always welcomed.

My character:
Name: Owen Christopher
((Just to avoid confusion it is the guy with red hair not the girl))

Implant: There are two implants housed in his skull. He can hold quite a bit of information in the hard drive.
Implant removed: No
Power: Telekinesis.
Current situation: He is part of the crew that collects the victims of these types of places. More will open up in the rp.

(I will be playing other NPC including this Aurora who is the head of CRRF.)

“Computer record, medical log.” Aurora paced slightly trying to gather her thoughts before continuing. “Case number 33422. Name: Owen Christopher. Age: 20. Power: Telekinesis. Reason for his placement in the CRRF, was found with the butcher, Leroy McCoy. The monster hacked into the youth’s skull trying to place memory implants, in effort to transport illegal information to unsuitable hands. As a result Owen lost much memory to Dr. McCoy’s carvings. The final attempt to use Owen’s implants resulted in a partial melting of the hardware in his mind. All plans to remove said device from Owen’s mind prove to risky and a regiment to help resolve pain and discomfort began.

Update: It has been five years of constant work, Owen has taken well to the treatments with little or no side effects, his brain and motor functions are normal and he is nearly off all pain medication. Aside from the occasional relapsing from dreams he is thriving in our little society. It is the recommendation of this physician, to relocated Owen Christopher to the higher levels of this facility. Which he will be able to interact with his peers and form bonds of the human nature. Computer end recording.”
Last edited by Yolo on Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:46 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Yolo
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Cyber Repair and Research Facility (Interest Check)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lamentations on Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:44 am

Name: Xelakel Mint
Implant: The implant is located in his legs, 1 in each
Implant removed: no
Power: He has to power to excel at the speeds of a 2009 automobile, running at speeds of 120, if used in overdrive which may result in sprain, or destroying his legs, he can run up to 400 mph
Current situation: He joined the force for one reason only. Thats becuase 1, he wants to use his implants to do good, 2nd he belives that he will find answers behind somethings that have happened in his family. Which is to be discovered in the rp.
OOC: you should do apperance. but you dont have to

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lamentations
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

----Srrys----
Last edited by Lamentations on Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lamentations
Member for 16 years

----opps----

Lamentations
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yolo on Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:07 am

XxUltimakRebornxX wrote:Name: Xelakel Mint
Implant: The implant is located in his legs, 1 in each
Implant removed: no
Power: He has to power to excel at the speeds of a 2009 automobile, running at speeds of 120, if used in overdrive which may result in sprain, or destroying his legs, he can run up to 400 mph
Current situation: He joined the force for one reason only. Thats becuase 1, he wants to use his implants to do good, 2nd he belives that he will find answers behind somethings that have happened in his family. Which is to be discovered in the rp.
OOC: you should do apperance. but you dont have to

Is the speed a natural gift for Xelakel? Or soley the result of implants? Was he wounded before the implants were housed in his legs?

Is he just joining the CRRF or has he been there a while?

You can PM me with answers you don't want the others to know. But Aurora is not going to let you join with out knowing your true motivations about your family. She is a low level telapath as well so this will just be proper for her to know.

You posted before I could finish my characters bio. lol

Yolo
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lamentations on Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:15 am

He was a fast athletic man before but got all his real speed from implants. He wasnt injured. Ill pm you later about his motivation, trying to clean it up.

Lamentations
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yolo on Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:24 am

Excellent. I am very glad to have someone on board.

Yolo
Member for 16 years

Re: Cyber Repair and Research Facility (OOC and Interest Check)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vyper on Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:25 am

Eh why not, sounds like fun!

Name: Jason Argyath
Implant: Right bionic arm with attached laser weapon, Right bionic eye with abilities such as scan, zoom, x-ray, infra-red, etc.
Implant removed: Mind Control chip removed by the CRRF
Power: Sharpened reflexes
Current situation: Jason was one of the many who indulged in the illegal side of cybernetic implants. Unfortunately for him the 'doctor' he went to sought to benefit from what he had turned Jason into and placed a Mind Control Chip into the mans brain through which to control him. Jason was, however, captured by the CRRF and quickly had the implant removed. He was only recently removed from status (been here around a week and a half) and seeks to join the crew that collect victims like he had once been, unwilling to let another person go through the pain he suffered at the hands of the mad...
Appearance: Jason is a tall man with a powerfully built body and it was his urge to grow ever stronger that made him turn to cybernetics. It was also his strength that allowed him to harbour the large, bulky bionic arm. His right eye is a rectangular red screen that is supported by a metal casing that runs round to the back of his head before the cables pierce his skull and connect with his brain. The arm itself is not covered with fake skin but instead is obviously cybernetic. The gun concealed within the arm is located at the wrist and slides out to be used in conjunction with the eye's tracking and aiming system. Jason's features are strong and gruff and he sports a short crop of blonde hair. He normally wears a vest and trousers (coming off as a typical army figure) but this is mainly because t-shirts and shirts tear when he wears them, because of his arm.

Is that alright? Sorry, I added appearance because I like to describe my characters.

Also, I was wondering whether I should start this RP from the point I described above or whether I should start the RP with a bit of action as Jason still under the mind control. That way we could have one of you try to capture me and bring me in to have the mind control chip removed. Whatever you guys want really.

Vyper
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yolo on Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:45 am

It is alright, I forgot to add that piece of information. Also I felt a little lazy today and added a picture.

The police a damper sort of wave that is geared to stall implants (created by CRRF so it is current with all implants) with the added tranqulizer for the human side of the victims. If you are willing to deal with these things, than by all means we can package you nicely.

The police will take you down since the damper wave will effect my team as well. The CRRF is more of a clean up crew at the moment, but slowly working its way into the front lines.

Yolo
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vyper on Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:51 am

Oh, in which case I think I'll pass. What I was aiming for was like a small fight between the two of us before you finally win and package me, but whatever, it is all cool. Instead I'll just come with you on the mission that you're going on right now, if that is okay?

Perhaps someone can inform you that there is a new guy coming with you or something. However you want it to go down is good with me.

Vyper
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yolo on Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:01 am

Sorry to burst your bubble. Owen is not a figther outside his pod (which has not been constructed yet)

I will happily have you come along. I will add a little something to the end of my post and you will be welcomed to post.

Yolo
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vyper on Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:10 am

Excellent! I look forward to it! :D

I guess this currently puts me in the fighter position eh?

Vyper
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yolo on Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:15 am

It is done, I look forward to reading your epic post.

You are the one with all the high tech toys so far. lol

Yolo
Member for 16 years

Name: Alexander Grey
Appearance:
http://photobucket.com/image/anime%20ma ... .jpg?o=186

Implant: One is right behind his left ear to help his hearing; he was born deaf. His second implant is in his right arm, although it's purpose is unknown.

Power: The implant in his right arm increases the amount he can carry, lift, and move. It is currently inactive for an unknown reason.

Current situation: Alexander is one of the staff, having worked with the CRRF for about three years now. He specializes in the study of 'illeagle' implants and how to remove them and help the victim recover. Alexander was once on the brink of becoming a victim, but somehow made his way to the CRRF before anything else happened.

10600 words, 50k characters, come on in to Narazor... A world of it's own.

Tarmo of the Dusk
Member for 17 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Name: Jack Gunderson
Appearance: http://messa.deviantart.com/art/The-Muses-V1-77615618 (Red hair, sunglasses)
Implant: In the attack on him (explained below) Jack lost his right arm from the chest down, and his right eye. He now has cybernetic replacements. The right arm is just a very physically strong mechanical arm with the ability to absorb energy in any form, and convert it into energy for his body or powers to run on. The eye has zoom, x-ray, infra-red, and ultraviolet features for sight, as well as tracking, and targeting systems, and the ability to see in the dark.
Power: Jack was able to subconciously alter the very chemical composition of air, giving him the ability to control wind, densify it, make it a physical force, as well as causing it to explode, burst into flame, or even (this was difficult) turn into blasts of lightning. (Basically he had wind, fire, and minor lightning manipulation and control abilities.) Now, with his implants he has superstrength with his right arm, the ability to absorb energy, excellent sight, and his abilities, which are stronger now that he can power them with energy absorbed by the right arm. From his right arm he can release blasts of pure energy, but he cannot use his regular powers with it. He can also use energy absorbed by the arm to give himself superhuman endurance, and enhance his speed and strength past human levels. This wears out his body though, and if used to much can kill him.
Current situation: Jack naturally had abilities. This made him the target of the black market baddies. They found him. They chased him down. Jack was severely wounded by them before being saved by the CRRF. The saved him not only from the black market people, but also from his wounds, giving him cybernetics to keep him alive.

Gabriel_Whist
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Name: Daron Fawkes
Appearance: Black hair, gelled into a very Mike Score-esque look. Rather pale skin, grey eyes, and a square jaw. Lean and tall.
Implant: One in his chest that maximizes blood production from his heart, and another in his brain that has drastically improved his reflexes.
Implant removed: None
Power: Generate intense heat from his body.
Current situation: A crew member, out searching for people to, er, save. How cliche.

KilroyWasHere
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yolo on Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:31 pm

Tarmo: Accepted go ahead and post. Just give me a heads up in a PM when that unknown piece is going to activate. Thanks.

Gabriel_Whist: Accepted. Just be sure to keep the power/exhaustion within a good balance.

KilroyWasHere: Intense body heat. Will that ignite into a fire?

Don't worry, guys there will be plenty of blood shed soon. Right now I just want to get a feel of your character before being in the 'big guns'.

Currently, Owen is in the hanger and those who are on the team please head that way. Other wise, people are perparing for the next wave of victims. (You know the drill.)

Yolo
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vyper on Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:01 pm

Idea for how our team could be brought to the frontlines, so to speak.

An illegal cybernetic implant is created that neutralizes the effects of the wave the police use to deactive cybernetics.

Vyper
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vyper on Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:19 am

Gabriel_Whist wrote:Name: Jack Gunderson
Appearance: http://messa.deviantart.com/art/The-Muses-V1-77615618 (Red hair, sunglasses)
Implant: In the attack on him (explained below) Jack lost his right arm from the chest down, and his right eye. He now has cybernetic replacements. The right arm is just a very physically strong mechanical arm with the ability to absorb energy in any form, and convert it into energy for his body or powers to run on. The eye has zoom, x-ray, infra-red, and ultraviolet features for sight, as well as tracking, and targeting systems, and the ability to see in the dark.

Sorry for the double post but did you read mine before making yours? heh, kind of exactly the same implants...just with a different look...

Vyper
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yolo on Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:18 am

Vyper wrote:Idea for how our team could be brought to the frontlines, so to speak.

An illegal cybernetic implant is created that neutralizes the effects of the wave the police use to deactive cybernetics.

A good idea indeed. I'll let it stew a bit before breaking all hell loose lol

Yolo
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!