Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Damnation Season 3: Salvation

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Damnation Season 3: Salvation

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Avalon on Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:17 am

[OOC link here. You should, hopefully, know the procedure by now:
damnation-season-salvation-ooc-t28673.html]

Avan sat up in his bed, looking slowly around. It had been 1 year since that day, but to him, it seemed like a single night's sleep. A year of his life had passed him by. 365 days, gone as if in the span of 8 hours. Of course, he didn't know this. Slowly, he got out of bed, opening the nearby window and stepping out onto the balcony, looking out to the morning sky.

Suddenly, he turned, now wondering where everyone else was. Particularly, where Val was. After, what felt to him like yesterday but was really the events of a year ago, he felt there was something he had to tell her, something he couldn't tell anyone else.
"Devotion is so rare, and we are so grateful to those who show it unasked to those we love."
~Dr. John Seward, MD.~

"My pain, indescribable. My self-loathing, undeniable. My will, unbreakable. My wrath, unavoidable. Your destruction, inevitable."
~Unknown, Avan, Zero, Wrath, Kiri~

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Avalon
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Damnation Season 3: Salvation

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Essa on Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:47 am

Val's fingers glided gracefully over the piano keys. She often found herself coming here and playing when she wanted some peace.
The events from a year ago played in her mind sometimes, but there had been other battles since then that she had been in. But somehow her mind wouldn't let her forget that day, even for a little while.
Val had stayed at Avan's home as much as she possibly could over the course of the year, everyday hoping he would soon wake. Every so often, she would grab a book and just sit in a chair that was in his bedroom.
"And he told me not to worry about him." Val said quietly to herself, with a small smile. She continued to play the music, feeling rather calm and in a good mood.
There are two kinds of writer: those that make you think, and those that make you wonder.
- Brian Aldiss

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Essa
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LookingxGlasses on Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:20 am

Lyric was back in her present. What day would it have been if she stayed in the future? She wasn't sure, but she was glad to be out of the mess. She was in peace now, attending a garden of hers. She suddenly noticed her fingers disappeared. Now her arms, her legs, chest, and finally, she was travelling.

Oh, no, am I going back? thought Lyric. She kept her light blue eyes closed while she travelled. Finally she was emptied into an old room. Apparently, who ever lived in it before forgot to take their stuff, unless...

Lyric noticed a torn up calender tacked to the wooden wall. Dates crossed out meant they had already gone by. She looked at the date. It had been 365 days since the day she disappeared and travelled back to her present. I wonder where Avan and Val are...
Last edited by LookingxGlasses on Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The second star to the right, and straight on 'til morning!" All you need is a little bit of fairy dust, and to believe! :) Come join the adventure as we battle the ruthless Captain James Hook and his crew pirates of the Jolly Roger!

neverland-ooc-t31233.html

LookingxGlasses
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Avalon on Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:38 pm

[Avalon is my username. Avan is the character.]

Avan listened to the music, following his ears down to it and coming to a sight that confused him. Val, playing a piano. It was definitely odd. Softly, Avan walked over, sitting down beside her and playing the same song. "How long was I asleep?"

Avalon
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Essa on Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:02 pm

Val froze in her place. Slowly, she turned her head to look at the now-awake Avan. Her eyes were wide and nearly on the verge of tears. "Oh thank God!" Val said as she wrapped her arms around Avan. Remembering his question, she gave a slight laugh as she pulled back a little. "You were more like in a coma then sleeping. You hadn't been conscious for a year now." She gave him a small smile.

Essa
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Avalon on Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:37 pm

Avan blinked. "A year, huh...That's definitely odd..." He shook his head, stretching. "Either way, I feel fine..." He smiled to Val, patting her head. "It's good to see your face again."

Avalon
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LookingxGlasses on Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:54 pm

((Whoops! The names are so similar to me I mix them up!))

Lyric held her sword, Keeper of Time, in her medium-sized hands. She needed to find Avan and Val, for they were the only people she knew in this time. She leapt from the window of the building--which happened to be the second story--and landed on her feet. She began to run, attempting to act normal.

LookingxGlasses
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Essa on Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:18 pm

"You have no idea how good it is to hear your voice again." Val said to Avan. She smiled to him, and turned back to the piano, her fingers continuing the song. "What exactly happened that last time you were awake? At the battle...Lucifer managed to knock you down, then you ended up passing out for a year..." Val was lost as to what the cause was to that.

Essa
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Avalon on Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:35 am

"I used the mana of Earth to tear his soul into many pieces and send them to multiple corners of the universe. Without his soul, he's probably laying in bed with hardly any ability to move. I may have used a bit too much mana. The last time I sealed him, over 50,000 years ago, I was only out for a few days." Avan smiled softly to Val, watching her play before leaning softly on her, just as an 18-year-old-looking male walked in. "Father, you're awake..."

Avan turned. "Ah, Artemis. It's good to see you again."

Avalon
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Essa on Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:02 am

"Father?" Val blurted, once again stopping and turning to see who had come in. Val was overly confused at this point. She didn't even remember seeing him around. 'Well, the place is huge.' she thought to herself. He looked to be about 18, but Val knew better than that. He was the son of a God, no doubt he was much older. Finding her voice again, she said "Erm, hello." Val gave a small smile, and looked back down at the piano keys. 'What an interesting day.' She thought to herself, with a smile.

Essa
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Avalon on Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:04 pm

Artemis looked to Val and lightly bowed his head of dark brown hair, eyes of the same color looking back to Avan. "And this is?"

"Valoel, this is my son Artemis, God of Time. Artemis, this is Valoel, the Angel of Peace." Avan smiled softly as Artemis took Val's hand, kissing the knuckle before letting go. "Pleasure to meet you, Lady Valoel."

Avalon
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LookingxGlasses on Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:09 pm

Lyric passed through alleyways, with homeless people staring at her. If she were Avan or Val, where would she be? What about Clive? Was he all right? Keeper of Time was attached to her back in his sheathe. He wasn't gravitating to anyone, which made the Angel of Time happy. Lyric peered through many windows, most either dark or filled with the wrong people.

After what seemed like an eternity, Lyric stumbled upon a house. Piano playing. Voices. Familiar... Lyric peered in through the window stealthily, and noticed the same people she fought a war with. She hurried to the door and eagerly knocked. I hope they remember me..

LookingxGlasses
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Essa on Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:13 pm

"Like-wise Artemis." Val said gently, he seemed like his father already. Val smirked slightly as she remembered the first time she and Avan had met, Avan making the same gesture as his son just had. A thought occured to her just then, 'where is his mother?' she thought to herself. She shifted her position uncomfortably, and decided to let the question reamin unvoiced. Well, for now anyway.

Val felt a little awkward standing there, so she asked "Did you need anything? I could go track Kiri down if you wanted." She shrugged her shoulders a little.

She heard a little knock on the door, and turned her head towards it. "Erm...I'll go get that. I'll be right back." Val said slowly, uncertainty clouding her voice. She walked out of the room and towards the main hall. She opened the door and was greeted with a surprise. It was the other angel, from a year ago. If Val remembered correctly, this was the Angel of Time.

"Hello, good to see you again. Is everything ok?" Val asked her.

Essa
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LookingxGlasses on Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:46 pm

Lyric was not quite out of breath, but she breathed a little quickly. She managed to smile, though. "Hello! I've...come back from the past. It seemed as though this future was wanting me. I looked around for you all for...hours. I hope you all are well..."

LookingxGlasses
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Essa on Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:58 pm

"Well, a year has passed since you last came." Val said, gesturing to let her come in. Val didn't think he would mind. Val told her how long has passed, since she wasn't sure id the angel knew. Val knew a little of the Angel of Time, including they didn't know what date it was whenever they were pulled into a different time of life. "And for the most part, yes. Avan just woke up actually. He was asleep since the last time we met." Val smiled to the Angel. "I'm not sure we exchanged names last time. I'm Valoel, Angel of Peace." Val gave a slight nod, and her smile remained. "Avan and his..." Val cleared her throat, still amazed he even had a son, "..son are in the piano room."

Essa
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LookingxGlasses on Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:20 pm

Lyric stepped inside the building. Lyric curtsied to the other fellow angel. "My name is Lyric. It's a pleasure to meet you, Valoel. It's nice to meet the Angel of Peace." She gave a kind smile. Avan had a child? She was surprised, and Lyric was sure Valoel was as well. She gaited slowly into the piano room, where indeed she saw two males.

"Hello, there, sir. Do you remember me at all? Lyric, the Angel of Time. Right now, I am speaking to you from the year 2010. It's a blessing to see you all right."

LookingxGlasses
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Avalon on Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:07 pm

[LookingxGlasses, Avan and Val are located in the Land with the Golden Sky, a realm above Heaven where peace is practically forever, and homelessness does not exist. It's Avan's home plane.]

Avan looked up, as did Artemis. The two are silent before they bow in unison. "Good morning, Lyric." Avan says, stretching before heading to the kitchen to make breakfast.

Artemis was quiet, then slowly stood up. "You wanted to know where my mother was, right?"

Avalon
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Essa on Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:12 pm

Val couldn't help but smile when the two bowed. She let a small smirk appear on her face, and turned Lyric seeing her reaction. Avan left, probably for the kitchen. When Artemis surprised her with his question.

"Erm..yeah. How did you know?" Val asked, she had planned on asking Avan, but if Artemis was comfortable talking about then Val would listen. Was the look of surprise that noticable on her face? Shaking her head she shrugged softly and said, "If you don't mind talking about it that is..."

Essa
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Avalon on Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:37 pm

"My mother died 5,000 years ago, the day of my birth. We buried her under the fountain in the back courtyard. It's what she apparently said she wanted to be buried at. Father has had to raise me since my birth, and he's done an OK job, what with waging war on Evil and teaching at the Academy and all that." Artemis sat at the piano, beginning to play, then stopping. He was more a violinist than a pianist.

Avalon
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Essa on Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:50 pm

Val's eyes widened slightly. She held a bit of grief for Avan and Artemis. A few times over the year, Val had walked around the courtyard. She hadn't even thought of someone being buried under that beautiful fountain. Letting her breath out slowly, she walked over to the bench and sat down. She rested her fingers on the keys, and before she started the song, she let out a small 'sorry'. Her fingers began to play a slow and steady song, one that would easily amaze any human. "I'm sure it hasn't been easy with Avan fighting and teaching so much." She said softly. Her fingers continued to play, nearing the end of the short song.

Val stood up, "I'm going to go find your father. Find me if you need me, ok?" She gave a small smile in Artemis' direction before she turned on her heel and headed for the kitchen.

Essa
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!