Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

DreamWeaver OOC and Signups

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

DreamWeaver OOC and Signups

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sweet_requiem on Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:48 pm

Most people have dreams. Almost everybody. But where do the dreams come from? Do they simply come from that person's subconscious? Or does a person weave those dreams? Is it a single being, or is there an entire race of beings that lives exclusively in the 'Dream Realm'? Does every person have their own 'DreamWeaver'? Can humans explore the 'Dream Realm' in sleep, if they learn to control their Dreams? How does this Dream Realm function?

There will be Human and DreamWeaver characters. Anything in the Dream Realm is yours to manipulate, because it is produced by the thoughts of sleepers. It can be anything you want it to be, and different characters may be in completely different settings at the same time, maybe in the same place. Time and space is indefinite in the Dream Realm. Twist it how you like.

I'll take eight players max. After that, the board just gets too crowded. XP

1. Blazed*
2. Kargoth
3. Cohort of Time
4. mint. c a n d y
5. Scroodle
6. Luri

Just post and I'll stick you up there. =D
Last edited by sweet_requiem on Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

sweet_requiem
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: DreamWeaver OOC and Signups

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Blazed* on Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:38 pm

I want to join! ^.^

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Blazed*
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kargoth on Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:39 pm

I'll play

Kargoth
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Cohort Of Time on Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:55 pm

Sounds fun, I'll join!

Cohort Of Time
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mint. c a n d y on Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:58 am

I'm definitely interested in this. I sort of spotted the interest thread and found myself here. I'd join.

mint. c a n d y
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chou. on Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:42 am

Hmm, pretty interesting. :)

chou.
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Scroodle on Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:47 am

You've got a pretty interesting idea there. Sign me up~?

Scroodle
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kestrel on Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:52 pm

Templates? Details about the exact jobs of weavers? Generic starting point of the plot?

The premise has potential, but like this I'd barely know what I'm applying for. So it'd be appreciated if you'd give some more detail away. Unless you want to keep it, really, really, really free-form.
Do you come from a land down under?
Where women glow and men plunder?
Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?
You better run, you better take cover.

Kestrel
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sweet_requiem on Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:09 pm

Okay, everyone who expressed interest in joining has been up on the list. Correct me if I didn't put you up there and you wish to be up there, or if I did and you don't want to be. Thank you all! =D

Kestrel, that is the point of this roleplay, is that it is hugely free-form. If you can think it, you can Dream it, and that's the point of the world. It's supposed to be limitlessly bizarre. =D

And I just noticed that I don't have a link to the actual IC in this thread, so here it is. Clicky

sweet_requiem
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby mint. c a n d y on Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:13 pm

Right, so I take it that this is more of a free-form roleplay. Which means it's sort of like "anything goes". Though, I'd feel more comfortable with a little more detail or a starting point for the roleplay. But it's not a problem, I think something a bit "limitlessly bizzare" is okay. It's interesting to write without boundaries.

Basically, our characters are either weavers of dreamers/humans, right? ~

mint. c a n d y
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sweet_requiem on Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:20 pm

Right. I gave a starting point in my first post, involving a baby's Dreams. I think the link is on this page somewhere. Check it out. =D

sweet_requiem
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kestrel on Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:24 am

I see. Good with your RP then.

Kestrel
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Luri on Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:57 pm

I'll join. Sounds pretty interesting.

Luri
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sweet_requiem on Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:03 pm

All right, Luri. I'll stick you up there.

sweet_requiem
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Traziel on Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:51 pm

Free form RP with literally endless possibilities. I have no idea where this could lead, but I'm interested to be the human.

Ironic of me to find this after recently having a series of ecstasy inducing dreams. 8)

Traziel
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sweet_requiem on Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:20 am

Really? That's great! =D There's an IC thread already made, I'll post a link up here. No one's replied yet, so it's just my Dreamweaver and some random human kid I made up for the sake of the post. XD

dreamweaver-t14292.html

sweet_requiem
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!