Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Godslayer - Signups & Discussion

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Godslayer - Signups & Discussion

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CR22 on Sun May 25, 2008 12:29 am

Background:

Political tension rises as the Arüvahn Empire falls under the control of Dominus Aspirine, a self-proclaimed demigod with inhuman powers. His diplomats and armies began to spread across the continent, calling for genocide of the nonbelievers. War begins to rise as countries fight for the scraps of land left by Domini followers while defending their own borders from rogue zealots and protest groups. "Godslayers" as these activists call themselves, are beginning to gather from across the known world in an attempt to fight for the oppressed and murdered, facing difficulties on all sides in their quest for justice.

Short Synopsis:

In a fantasy setting, around 4-7 adventurers/mercenaries/renegade soldiers/whatever band together to do several things:

Phase 1: Acquire a reasonable amount of wealth/fame
Phase 2: Solidify their core beliefs of what is right and wrong
Phase 3: Act upon their beliefs

So basically, this RP will have a good deal of fighting, a good deal of character development, and a good deal of thought. I'd like to ask you to please not make a horribly generic character, such as a vampire, a ninja wearing orange, a demon, or something else along those lines, because they really detract from the quality of the RP in general. Mary Sues will probably be killed in the first few chapters.

World map:

World Map [political]

In Depth on Characters:

In order to effectively participate, you're character will need several things-

1. They'll need to be completely human, and relatively natural in appearance. An unusual hair color (like green) is okay. A rainbow afro, as amazing as that might be, will get you shot at by nearly every sniper in existence.

2. They'll need some way to defend themselves. Swords/spears/magic/etc is encouraged, as are clearly defined class roles (healers, warriors, mages, etc). Just don't go overboard and say they're an über-powerful sorcerer/ninja/pirate dood that can fire lazors from their nipples.

3. They'll need a relatively normal background. A sociopathic murder questing around at the age of 15 to avenge their dead parents and find their long-lost lover will not need character development, or any real reason to be here. It's much nicer to have an average man/woman fight for what they believe than a stereotypical Japanese teenage chick attempt to whore herself out to every single male character in game.

Character Outline:
Code: Select all
[b]Name: Goes here[/b]
[i]Age:[/i] Be reasonable
[i]Gender:[/i] M/F
[i]Height:[/i] Be reasonable
[i]Weight:[/i] See above
[i]Build:[/i] See above. Should match height/weight
[i]Personality:[/i] Emotionless/dramatically angsty are not options

[b]Background:[/b] See note on background, and world information thread (if you really want to get in depth)

[b]Appearance:[/b] See note on character appearance

[b]Weapons:[/b]
[i]Name of Weapon 1[/i] - Description (Normal weapons are good!)
[i]Name of Weapon 2[/i] - Description (2 weapons aren't necessary, you can have as many/few as is reasonable)
[i]Element:[/i] (Not necessary, but _extremely helpful_ See background information thread for more details
[b]Mount:[/b] Be reasonable. Dragons, demons, unholy beasts from the depths of space are not reasonable

~Also: you can find the in-depth background information thread here.
~Character list can be found here
Last edited by CR22 on Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:13 am, edited 3 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

CR22
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Godslayer - Signups & Discussion

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlazingBunny on Sun May 25, 2008 12:37 am

dammit, I was gonna apply with a rainbow afro then I saw the first rule. darn.....

ooo and laser nipples....I feel like drawing again ^^. Just for you.

Seriously the story sounds powerful though. I've never made a character that serious...or beyond age 20(vampires don't count)....hmm Wait, take that back I did play a old crone in my roleplay.

Definitely gonna make an awesome joke character if I can't think of a good one though....mmm laser nipples...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

BlazingBunny
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CR22 on Sun May 25, 2008 12:58 am

Heheh, it's not a bad RP. I originally designed it on a much smaller site, but I got caught up in some drama and ended up leaving in disgust. The RP worked well up until then, though.

Anyway, here's the char I'll be using. As a general rule of thumb, I try and keep my characters near the peak of their performance for action-based RP's such as this one.

CR22
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby BlazingBunny on Sun May 25, 2008 1:02 am

What, do you take them to the gym for an hour everyday lol?

I always make a new character for every rp. I like making characters too much. ^_^

BlazingBunny
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zeromancer on Sun May 25, 2008 9:07 am

Joining. Character here
I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with saints.

Zeromancer
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CR22 on Sun May 25, 2008 4:10 pm

A'right, sweet. Thanks for joining, Zero.

How's that character coming along, Blaze? Once we have four people we can start.

CR22
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zeromancer on Sun May 25, 2008 7:35 pm

Will you post a timeline of past events and whatnot, if there is one?

Zeromancer
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CR22 on Sun May 25, 2008 7:36 pm

Uhh...yeah, I will. I think I'll do it in that one sub-board, y'know? I'll post a link when I've made it.

Edit: Here we go. I'll probably add more as it becomes relevant. It's not required that you read it, by the way.

CR22
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zeromancer on Sun May 25, 2008 11:46 pm

Will our characters know each other from the start?

Zeromancer
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CR22 on Mon May 26, 2008 4:44 pm

Um...sure?

Zero, I'm not so sure this is going to work out. Maybe I'll set it on a back burner until later, k?

CR22
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Daeric on Tue May 27, 2008 2:17 am

Name: Drei Teslan
Race: Human
Height: 5’11”
Weight: 150 lbs.
Build: Lean, fit

Personality: Vengeful, arrogant, naive

Background: Born as the second-oldest son of a noble family of Arüvuhn, Drei had a much easier childhood than most. Although he wasn’t treated as well as his older brother Alton, who was five years his elder, Drei was pampered by his parents, praised by his teachers, and looked up to by middlemen and commoners. He always envied the attention that his older brother received and was constantly jealous of him, but he also looked up to Alton and wanted to be like him when he was older. Drei also had an amiable relationship with his little sister Elisia, who was three years younger than him. Drei learned many skills befitting for a nobleman during his childhood, including swordsmanship, magic, and horseback riding.

When Drei was 17, the emperor Dominus Aspirine proclaimed himself to be a demigod and began executing those who didn’t follow his beliefs. Drei’s father was one of those people. When his father refused to give up his religious beliefs and follow the growing Dominisian faith, he was hung from the gallows without any trial. With his father’s dead, Alton became the head of the household and was given a chance to redeem his family name by pledging his absolute loyalty to the emperor and Dominism. Alton agreed to these terms and became a slave to the emperor. Disgusted by his brother’s actions, Drei demanded that he honor their father’s death and join the growing resistance against the emperor. To Drei’s surprise, not only did Alton refuse, but he also informed the emperor’s men of his brother’s “treachery”. Knowing that he would be executed if he were caught, Drei planned to flee the country with his mother and Elisia. However, his mother would not go with him nor permit Elisia to leave, so Drei was forced to flee by himself. With only a few gold pieces, his sword, and his steed, Drei now wanders the land and hopes to one day avenge his father’s death and teach his brother a painful lesson.

Appearance: Drei is taller than the average man his age and is lean and fit. His skin is tanned and his eyes are a shade of light orange. He has short black hair with bangs that reach just above his eyes. He wears a garment with the colors of his house on it, orange and red, and a leather vest over it to protect himself. He also dons white slacks, a leather belt, and a pair of leather shoes. He is usually seen riding his trust steed Tessy, with his longsword in its sheath and his shield strapped onto his back.

Weapons: Retribution – Longsword – 35”, Can be used with one or two hands.
Guardian – Shield – Heater shield with family crest on it, made of iron.

Element: Fire (Can only conjure small flames)

Mount: Horse - "Tessy" – Black mare, extremely loyal and obedient.

Daeric
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pandorym on Wed May 28, 2008 9:24 pm

Looks great! I think I'll join. I took the liberty of stealing some of your bio template, CR22.

Name: Torian Steadyhand
Race: Human
Height: 5'4
Weight: 117 lbs
Appearance: Torian is short for a full-grown man, but his muscles are impressive enough that most people leave him alone. A strange scent surrounds him, a mix of sweet herbs and decay, and his wild brown eyes add to this strangeness. His head and beard are shaven, though a persistent bit of stubble continually attempts to grow on his chin, and his features are sunken. Evidence of minor sunburn is clear on his bald head. His clothes (simple leather trousers, boots, shirt, and vest with many pockets, all of them full of unknown things) are covered in a light dusting of earth, and he carries a shovel wherever he goes. Anyone particularly observant might notice a flash of steel up his left sleeve.

History: Born a commoner in a family of seven in a small town in the far eastern portion of Neruhm, the first lesson of Torian's life was desperation. Theft came naturally to him, for the rich had plenty and his stomach was never full. Every time he stole he justified his actions, and soon it mattered little to him who was targeted or what was taken. More than a few times he was very nearly caught by the guards, but learned nothing from the experience until he finally was caught. Incriminated by overwhelming evidence of many thefts Torian, now nineteen, faced the hangman's noose. As he lay in his cell, lamenting his fate, he was saved by an unlikely occurrence: the Frost Wars erupted, bringing conscription officers all over the land. One of these officers visited the prison, hoping to find hardened criminals to serve as shock troops in exchange for a pardon if they survived. Though he had never handled a blade in his life, Torian accepted.

A war against an island nation is inevitably fought upon the sea, and the young thief found himself armed with a sword and expected to board enemy vessels as soon as they came within range. Even he is not sure how he survived to see the war's end as a man of twenty-four, but his incredulous commanding officers even made bets on whether or not he would survive each battle. Already desensitized to thievery, Torian lost all remorse for killing. He learned to set a sail, steer a ship, climb anchor chains, clean his sword, then bloody it all over again with the innards of whoever he was told to fight. Though he was never promoted he eventually became somewhat sought after by captains of ships expecting to board or be boarded. If he had stayed behind, he might even have received a commission of his own. He did not, however, and instead left south as soon as he was released from duty. Of all the prisoners conscripted from his village, he was the only survivor.

Mercenary work did not agree with Torian, for he had seen enough killing for a while. Instead he turned to another profession, one that combined his knowledge of anatomy, his physical strength, and his penchant for thievery: grave robbing. For a time he wandered from town to town, digging up little stone figurines or rusted daggers he polished back to functionality and selling them far away from where they had been stolen. He had learned to cover his tracks quite thoroughly, for he had no desire to return to prison. In a small village in South Jerah, however, he was caught in the act of digging up a grave by an old hermit. The thief prepared to kill the interloper with a shovel, but the woman made no move to run off and warn the guards. Instead, she spoke to Torian and revealed her purpose: she was a healer who sought knowledge of the human body but lacked corpses on which to examine anatomy. If the grave robber allowed her to accompany him and gave her bodies for her research, he would be paid in knowledge of non-magical healing techniques. Torian accepted.

Having wandered alone for three years, it was a relief for the young man to travel with someone else for the next three. The old crone was wise in the ways of herbs, bandages, and pressure-points, and Torian learned almost as much about killing as healing from her. By the time Dominus Aspirine, a man the pair had never given much thought even as they began to travel through his lands, was declared a demigod, the veteran was a modest surgeon capable of setting bones, stopping bleeding, removing arrowheads, treating fevers, and the like. He and his companion made a fair amount of money on the side from their healing practices, and it was largely for the thrill that Torian continued to steal items he could fence from graves. He made the mistake, however, of trying to break into the Imperial Tombs to steal the artifacts rumored to be contained within. The priests of the "divine" emperor caught him in the act, and though he managed to escape the crone gave her life to buy him time.

Devestated and knowing that he would be sought for some time by the priests, the thief and healer fled back to his homeland and hid there for four years, stealing to survive. Only recently did he return to the Empire, and he did so with great caution. Torian is willing to perform mercenary work, for he feels that, with his non-magical healing talents, he has something more to offer a group of adventurers than just another sword to kill with. He'd still like to rob the Imperial Tombs if he thinks he can get away for it, both as an act of defiant revenge and in the name of raw profit. Until he gets his chance, however, he'll bide his time and curse the Emperor under his breath...

Weapons: Torian wields a perfectly normal shortsword, forged of steel and showing a little wear after extensive use in the Frost War and more than a little submersion in seawater. He also uses a dagger he keeps up his sleeve as both a surgical knife and a backup weapon. His shovel provides a useful non-lethal weapon as well as being a vital tool.
Last edited by Pandorym on Wed May 28, 2008 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pandorym
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MariusIgnis on Wed May 28, 2008 9:40 pm

Mind if I hop on this bandwagon?

MariusIgnis
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CR22 on Thu May 29, 2008 7:21 pm

Awesome, thanks for your interest, everyone! And go right ahead there, Marius.

I'll get it started ASAP. :)

CR22
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pandorym on Thu May 29, 2008 8:02 pm

Good, I'm glad to see that this will indeed be starting soon.

Pandorym
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CR22 on Thu May 29, 2008 8:58 pm

Chapter 1 - Frost and Blood

Post when you're ready. :)

CR22
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Narecka on Thu May 29, 2008 10:18 pm

I'll join if you still got room. I do like the reading some of that mushy stuff you said GTFO, but it's only good for a good laugh. I've been trying to find a hardcore RP so I wouldn't have to make one up since I'm new.

Name: Alivia Burcarch
Ht:5' 7"
Wt: 135 lbs
Hair co: dusty brown
Eye co: grey
Appearance: Slender woman, but certainly not push over. Alivia has wears a light steel blue cotten shirt and a leather tunic with fringed tips and beads tied to them. her pants are made from light leather for easy movement. Accompanying these is her cloak made from wolf skin. Around her waist a simple belt that holds her most of her belongings. She has never saught to keep her appearance up like other normal girls of her age. Keeps her short and scrufy. I'll try and get up a picture of her soon
History: Alivia comes from the Northen Islands. Her family comes from a small fishing village unkown to people who have not traveled these islands. These people do not have certain gods or goddesses, but rather they belive in the spirits of the world. She grew up as a normal chlid with no troubles or huge flaws. Up came her 16th birthday, the time for her to join with a man and marry. There was to be a festival for all the elidgeable brides. Alivia wore her mother's best clothing and dressed up the best she could. By the end of the festival she stood by the port all alone. She couldn't understand why no one choosed her. Her family told there was always next year. But she could not pull herself to belive that. she thought long and hard about this and realized how small their islands were to the rest of the world. She saw how much more there was to life than just fishing, marrying, raising a family, and dieing. She told her parents of this, and sadly they understood. Her father decided to give her a one of his most precious items, his great great father's halbred. She took and left for the continent. There she has trained and learned many skills. She becomes known for her tracking skill and never letting a bounty get away. Perfers to travel alone, not so much as not likeing company, but the fact that they might get in her way when she swings her halbred.

After a few years she catches wind of Dominus Aspirine and his evil plans. She brushes it off thinking nothing of it, but Alivia soon carries hate for the man. She does not talk much about this unless the subject is brought on her.

Personality: A person to have a good one on one conversion with. Clam and logical. Has miuch wisdom which was gained from the spirits of the land. Not a leader but and advisor. doesn't belive that she is beautiful, so does not bother much with her appearance.

Weapons: Ancient Halbred made of black steel. Around the meck is tied is some white fur and at the end of the string are crystal blue beads.

Two short dualed edged swords for close range.

Hope this good. Anything I need to fix please tell.

Narecka
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CR22 on Thu May 29, 2008 10:42 pm

Yep, we still have room. By the way, you might want to run a check over your character profile, I'm pretty sure "clam" is not an adjective normally applied to personalities. ;)

CR22
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Narecka on Fri May 30, 2008 7:38 am

Haha, it's suppose to be calm. Thought I checked it. Thankyou.

Narecka
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CR22 on Fri May 30, 2008 5:35 pm

Post when you guys are ready, I'm just waiting for another introduction.

CR22
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!