Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

.Hack//Dawn's Birth (1 Slots Open)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

.Hack//Dawn's Birth (1 Slots Open)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rin Seiko on Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:03 pm

The Dawn's Rebirth

IC

What is this role play, you may be wondering? Well, its the next chapter of the .Hack series. If you don't know what that is, feel free to watch the first episode of .Hack//Sign. It'll fill you in about basically everything you need to know.

Rules
-Be kind and respectful
-Obey all general Role Playing Rules
-No "one liners"
-At least try to be literate
-Must start as a newbie
-Allowed up to four items to be equipped(excluding weapons)
-If you get killed by a monster, don't flip. Your person revives back in the last visited town, but looses all experience or items gained since the last visit.
-You will obey me, the GM. If you think you can run the RP better, then go make one yourself.
-No "Dual Gunner" classes. Those are "hacked".
-You may not be a hacker
-Do not use characters from the games/manga/anime

IMPORTANT: Be sure to visit here for a complete list of all the classes. Keep in mind we are only using the "The World R:2" classes, which are towards the bottom of the page. Dot Hack Wiki is something you should use often throughout this RP, as it will have most of the information on it. It'll help you, a lot. Especially if you don't know much about .hack// Everyone will begin as newbies.

The world's largest MMO, "The World R:2", has been plauged with mystery and wonder ever since its birth in November, 2007. With things such as Comas, real world viruses, and a legend of a equally mysterious item, "Key of the Twilight", its a wonder it is still so incredibly popular. It has, since its birth. With over four and half million downloads on its first day of release, along with over a hundred thousand pre-orders. Its popularity has only grown since then. However, in direct relation, so has its mystery. After a fire caused most of the data of the original "World" to be destoryed, "The World Reborn", or "The World R:2" was created. This new version seems to have created only more oddities within this online world, with rumors of even death being a result...

>>>Logging on....

>Please wait.
>Loading...

>>WELCOME TO THE WORLD<<
>Home of over 10,000,000 players<

>>Character Creation Loading<<
Code: Select all
[b]Name[/b]:

[b]Character Age[/b]:

[b]Class[/b]:

[b]Physical Appearance[/b]:

[b]Attire[/B]:

[b]Starting Equipment[/B]: (Don't literally have to put in actual items. Then again, don't just put "Sword n' gun". Get creative.)

[b]Bio[/b]:(Includes personality and whatnot.)

>>Accepting...
>Please input personal information. This will be kept secure and will only be used in case you should win some type of event.
(Your "Real Life" Character)

Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]

[b]Location:[/b]

[b]General Appearance:[/b]

>>Please wait while we confirm you..
>>Do you accept our Terms and Conditions?
>Thank you for registering! We hope you enjoy your time in "The World".

It's no wonder they call this place "The World"...

>>Story based NPC's are being added. Don't freak if they appear unfinished.

Name: Zativ Zuldin

Character Age: 19

Class: Blade Brandier

Character Level: 54

Physical Appearance:
5" 11', making him one of the more taller characters. Gray eyes, with azure white hair, and thin but evenly built body.

Attire: Obviously depending on equipment, but normally wears his DPS set. Its a azure white leather body piece, a gray hood, black pants, and red boots. The torso is decorated with a necklace which is green and blue, and is a green rose entwined with a blue snake, along with a leather belt that runs from shoulder to waist, with a dagger attached to the front of it(purely decoration). Some brown fingerless gloves are worn, and some good ol' stamina boosting earrings.

Usually Equipped: Blade Leur(sword), Devote Guts(item), Wind Barrette(item), and Rose Flower(item)

Bio: Zativ began playing The World near the end of it's collapse. He was just getting into it, when the fire occurred. He happily switched to the newly update The World R:2, and from there began leveling with his friends. He is generally laid back, and calm about things. Zativ can also be very serious, at times. He enjoys coming up with new ways to play "The World", and likes to share these ideas with his Guild, which he founded with the help of a friend. He's easy to make laugh, and spends a large amount of his game time wandering through the many different areas of the game, and helping newbies. Though he isn't very high of a level for his time of playing, he is still something to be feared. Combining his classes average attack power with speed items, causes him to attack nearly as fast as a Twin Blade, making him a fierce foe. Generally takes most of the damage in a fight. His real life self lives in northern Japan, in what he calls a "boring town". According to him, he looks nearly the same as his character, and is the same age, only with brown dark hair. Loves soda.
Leader of the "Winded Treasure" guild.

Name: Moshi_Cat

Character Age: 15

Class: Harvest Cleric

Character Level: 43

Physical Appearance:
What you can't tell from this picture, is that she's 5" 1", easily one of the shorter characters.

Attire: See above.

Generally Equipped: Medic Badge(item), Simple Wind Statue(item), Dusty Miller(item), Spell Omen(weapon)

Bio: Moshi_Cat, or just Moshi for short, is generally odd and doesn't speak out much. She'll talk, of course, especially if you talk to her. Though, she isn't one to but into a conversation with a random comment. She's a bit odd, and spends her time healing the others in her groups, and getting distracted by the world's many creatures and environments. She isn't one you want to rely on for some sort of task, apart from healing, which she vigilantly helps with. As for her Real Life self, she won't say anything other then she looks and acts like her character, and lives in southern Japan. Loves cats.
Part of the "Winded Treasure" guild.

Name: KyoukiTa131

Character Age: 21

Class: Flick Reaper

Character Level: 53

Physical Appearance:
Like Moshi_Cat, she is also rather small, if not more explosive.

Attire: See above

Generally Equipped: Heine's Zero(weapon), Seal of Ya Wang(item), Simple Gloves(items), Simple Watch(item)

Bio: KyoukiTa131, or just Kyou for short, is nearly the opposite of Moshi. She is talkative, never shuts up, and will happily get on another character to keep talking to you if you block her. That, or she'll burst out blubbering in public and tell everyone what a jerk you are. Yeah, she's like that.
Hyper, jumpy, and irresponsible. She doesn't know how to plan or take orders, and in that aspect is very childish. Often times, she ends up getting her groups killed by rushing into a group of monsters and spamming her AOE attacks. Kyou is steamed up easily, relaxed easily, and has an overall unstable personality. Oddly, she is also the oldest of her guild. She acts the youngest, but can be mature during serious moments. Well, usually. Keeps all other information private. Usually keeps enemies stunned or weakened in a fight. She has a soft spot for health potions.
Part of the "Winded Treasure" guild.

Name: Aiokaru_Himistu

Character Age: 17

Class: Steam Gunner

Character Level: 59

Physical Appearance:

Attire: All of her equipment is always a dark aqua. Always. Never changes. Won't use it if it cant' be dyed dark aqua.

Generally Equipped: Simple Clogs(item), Shining Love(item), Devote Guts(item), Wind Barrette(item), Spiked Glocks(weapon)

Bio: She goes for Aio for short. Though she hates to admit it, her name literally means "Angry secret love". She claims she did this when she was mad at her sister, who she of course, still loves. Ironiclly, she has a large crush on Zativ. They met each other as newbies, or rather she was a newbie. It was when "The World R:2" was first released, they met. Aio was searching for a group partner in the chat, when Zativ offered to help, as he needed the same quest done. After the quest, they had become quick friends, and have been so ever since. Eventually, they both established the "Winded Treasure", of which she is the Co-Founder(by choice). Their guild basically searches for rare items in the game, which they either keep for themselves or sell on the market to support themselves and the rest of the guild financially, though it consists of only four members, all of which happen to be girls, excluding Zativ. This has caused her to occasionally become jealous, though rarely. Normally, she has a rather gruff attitude, though this has only added to it. Apparently, she lives within an hour drive of Zativ, also.
In a fight, she usually deals the most damage. Likes Zativ, and rain.
Co-Founder of "Winded Treasure"
Last edited by Rin Seiko on Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:25 am, edited 16 times in total.
Favorite. Letter. Ever: ~

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Rin Seiko
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: .Hack//Dawn's Birth (Two slots left)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby matthew0416 on Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:26 pm

I'll join. Let me get a character profile up. I have experience with the .hack universe.
Image ImageImage Image Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

matthew0416
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jxcrust on Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:36 pm

>>Character Creation Loading<<
Name: Talon

Character Age:19

Class:Edge Punisher

Physical Appearance:Spiked White hair top with black sides and back. Lean but slight muscular build. Sly golden eyes.

Attire: Tight white bondage jacket & tight black bondage bands. Black boots with rings on them. Silver braclets, jewlry, and peircings. Black markings on chest, neck, and face over left eye.

Starting Equipment: Broad Demon (大剣・砕鬼) Level: 1 Type: Rapid Attacks Rarity: ★1 P-ATK +2 (Starting Swor & No armor yet)

Bio: Talon was just created and is an Edge Punisher at Level One. He searches for a party to quest with and whatnot. Talon has the personality of a show off, even though he is a new player. Talon especially show off around female characters, because his creator Aoi is the same way. The young Edge Punisher uses a jaded and competing attitude towards male characters, no mater if they are player killers or player killer killers trying to help out a newbie. Talon won't care to much for people he doesn't know, but will help his friends at whatever cost. Currently he is searching for a party and eventually guild.

(Your "Real Life" Character)

Name: Aoi Atsushi

General Appearance: Teenage Japanese punk rocker has a life with trouble maker appearance black spiked hair and Hellcat Japan punk clothing

((Updated Bio))
Last edited by Jxcrust on Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jxcrust
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rin Seiko on Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:44 pm

JXCrust, approved ;3

Rin Seiko
Member for 15 years

Re: .Hack//Dawn's Birth (Closed)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby matthew0416 on Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:50 pm

I'll get my profile up tonight, have to go play football in a bit.

matthew0416
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jxcrust on Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:24 pm

Rin Seiko wrote:JXCrust, approved ;3

Awesome can't wait to start. If you need any help with ideas, not saying you will, let me know. I don't know as much about the GU .hack as the original, but I will do my best to help.

Jxcrust
Member for 15 years

Re: .Hack//Dawn's Birth (1 Slot Left)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rin Seiko on Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:43 pm

I'll be honest that I don't know too much about GU, either. I do have the mangas, but, meh. XD I need to get the newest one... :| I'm always open to ideas, though.

Once some other people put up their characters, I'll put the IC. I also need to add in some of the NPC's...

Also, the main post has been HEAVILY updated. ;3 BE SURE TO READ IT PL0X

Rin Seiko
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jxcrust on Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:26 pm

Okay I updated the Bio to be longer. So are you really going to play all four of those characters? Since your seeking two more people, one being me, we will have six characters, two parties? Just wondering...

Jxcrust
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rin Seiko on Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:35 pm

Yeah, I'll be playing all four. And Three party deals was onl in the Play Station video games. In The World, you can have more then that. On top of you two, there are about three or so others who also want to join, but haven't been on today to do so. All in all, that's about nine people total, assuming all of the other people join, which they probably won't. I'm guessing we'll end up with seven to eight people. ;3

Rin Seiko
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jxcrust on Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:40 pm

Sounds good to me I am looking forward to that! I hope they all put up their characters soon.... I really wanna get started, but I can wait. The guild and characters you wrote about sound very fun, I see a lot of potential in this role play!

Jxcrust
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rin Seiko on Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:43 pm

;3 Thank you. I do warn you all, though, that it has been about a year or so since I last hosted a role play. It may be a bit until I scrape all the rust off the handle, but then the door should swing freely.

Once at least two more profiles get put up, I'll put up the IC. Hopefully that'll be before Friday, as I have an Anime Con all weekend. ;_;

Rin Seiko
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jxcrust on Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:03 am

Rin Seiko wrote:;3 Thank you. I do warn you all, though, that it has been about a year or so since I last hosted a role play. It may be a bit until I scrape all the rust off the handle, but then the door should swing freely.

Once at least two more profiles get put up, I'll put up the IC. Hopefully that'll be before Friday, as I have an Anime Con all weekend. ;_;

Oh your welcome and don't worry I haven't hosted in RP ever. I just take part in them, way to nervous to start one. No worries from your first post I think you will do great! Just so you know I work on the weekends out of town, so between Friday night and Sunday night I may or may not be able to post in the role play, but I will be a frequent and responsive poster any other time.

Jxcrust
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby matthew0416 on Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:18 am

I'm sorry, but I just got too much on my plate. I won't be able to take this up. Sorry

matthew0416
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AiswariCara on Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:17 am

Name: Aiswari Cara

Character Age: 36

Class: Shadow Warlock

Physical Appearance: Image

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 185

Eye Color: A frost white that hides all but his small pupils. Most are amazed by the looks of his eyes, but while he is under high magical stress, they've been known to turn a redish orange color.

Hair Color: His hair shows a frosted white to match his wisdom, but his inner heart is that of youth.

Hair Style: His long hair stretches back in a long sleek pony tail, lightly managed by a blue band near the base of the tail. It stretches half way down his back.

Physical Condition: Although he is in his thirties, he still has a lot of fight in him. He can move as fast as any 20 year old, and his reaction time is still very high. His body is very toned and strong.

Attire: Aiswari only wears the clothes, nothing else in the picture is his.

Starting Equipment: This is the spell book that holds his spells. As he learns new ones, they are magically transferred into writing inside.

Bio: Jeremy(Aiswari)'s story wasn't special. His parents were very normal, and he did very good in school, but when he heard of this place called "The World", he knew he had to check it out. He started his character when the game first came out, making his mother and father buy him a new computer.

He has just installed the games, and the computer screen read new character. He quickly entered into his favorite character type, spellcaster, and he played for a few hours just running around. His personality still comes through the character. He is very generous and will help when needed, and he is always ready to jump into a new adventure.

Although he is new to "The World". He has always enjoyed playing role player games, and he usually picks it up fast. This was no exception. Within the first hour of gameplay, he had figured out how to use his character's spell book, and he is on his way to becoming a great player.

Skill List:
Rue Kruz(Target: Unit, SP: 20, Element: Water, Job Lv. 1)
Last edited by AiswariCara on Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Men fear death as children fear the dark; and as that natural fear in children is increased with tales, so is the other." Francis Bacon

"Let us not fear death, but embrace it as we do sleep. Let us drift to the unknown, and we all see the dreams that await." Clint Daniel

AiswariCara
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jxcrust on Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:31 am

AiswariCara wrote:Name: Aiswari Cara

Character Age: 36

Class: Wave Master

Physical Appearance: Image

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 185

Eye Color: A frost white that hides all but his small pupils. Most are amazed by the looks of his eyes, but while he is under high magical stress, they've been known to turn a redish orange color.

Hair Color: His hair shows a frosted white to match his wisdom, but his inner heart is that of youth.

Hair Style: His long hair stretches back in a long sleek pony tail, lightly managed by a blue band near the base of the tail. It stretches half way down his back.

Physical Condition: Although he is in his thirties, he still has a lot of fight in him. He can move as fast as any 20 year old, and his reaction time is still very high. His body is very toned and strong.

Attire: Aiswari only wears the clothes, nothing else in the picture is his.

Starting Equipment: This is the staff he uses to focus his energy.

Bio: Jeremy(Aiswari)'s story wasn't special. His parents were very normal, and he did very good in school, but when he heard of this place called "The World", he knew he had to check it out. He started his character when the game first came out, making his mother and father buy him a new computer.

He has been playing for a while, and he finds that he is more himself online than in real life. His personality exudes into the character truely making him his own. He is very compassionate to others in the realm, and he is always up for a new adventure. His character's age reflects the inner age of Jeremy, and the wisdom behind the thick framed eyes.

He has played for one year now, and he is getting the strategy of the game under his belt, learning the best way to gain exp and loot. He can usually be found raiding a local dungeon or exploring a new area. He has gained many levels, and many magics are at his characters disposal.

Skill List:
]Vak(z)=Fire
Rue(m)=Water
Gan(z)=Earth
Rai(o)=Lightning
Gi-Vak=Lv. 2 Fire
Me-Rue=Lv. 2 water
Ra-Gan=Lv. 2 Earth
Or-Rai=Lv. 2 Lightning
Vulcans=Summon of Fire
Merrows=Summon of Water
Yarthkins=Summon of Earth
Lanceor=Summon of Lightning
Vulcans-Ch=Lv. 2 Summon of Fire
Merrows-Ch=Lv. 2 Summon of Water
Yarthkins-Ch=Lv. 2 Summon of Earth
Lanceor-Ch=Lv. 2 Summon of Lightning

Your character is good, but Rin our GM, wanted the characters to be newbies at level one and of The World R2 from .hack//GU games and .hack//Roots anime.
For Wavemasters the new classes are Harvest Clerics and Shadow Warlocks.

Here are some links.

Harvest Clerics http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/Harvest_Cleric (Use Spell Rods)

Shadow Warlocks http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/Shadow_Warlock (Use Spell Books)

Also don't forget to post where your character's real life player is from you know his hometown. Don't mean to get on to ya buddy, Ren isn't here and I don't want the GM to give you crap. When you make my suggested changes to your post and Rin gets back I'm sure we will get started shortly. Again not trying to be an ass about it, just trying to help

Jxcrust
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rin Seiko on Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:50 am

Cara, be sure to add into your post somewhere that your character has just started the game, and that he doesn't show his personal information, or add it in. Then you'll be approved.

JX, thankz pl0x fer helpin' him ;3

Rin Seiko
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jxcrust on Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:29 pm

Rin Seiko wrote:Cara, be sure to add into your post somewhere that your character has just started the game, and that he doesn't show his personal information, or add it in. Then you'll be approved.

JX, thankz pl0x fer helpin' him ;3

Yeah no problem Rin... He will make the fixes probably when he gets back. When Cara is aproved will we be able to start the IC thread?

Jxcrust
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby AiswariCara on Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:21 pm

Done the required things. I made sure to fix the version issue, and he also is just starting. His only magic move is the lv. 1.

AiswariCara
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rin Seiko on Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:51 pm

Alright, approved. ;3 As for the abilities, in "The World R:2", they come with level, rather then item. On the .hack wiki I posted, there's a complete list of all the spells for each class, and I believe it also has the levels.

Once another profile is up, I'll put the IC

Rin Seiko
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jxcrust on Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:24 pm

Rin Seiko wrote:Alright, approved. ;3 As for the abilities, in "The World R:2", they come with level, rather then item. On the .hack wiki I posted, there's a complete list of all the spells for each class, and I believe it also has the levels.

Once another profile is up, I'll put the IC

Yeah that water level attack is on the .hack wiki for Shadow Warlocks he should be good, and I can't wait for another person to put up there thread and for Cara to get on so we can start! I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve Night for crying out loud... Sorry to ask but do you have any idea when one of the other people with a reserved spot will put up their post? Sorry for asking just very anxious and whatnot, don't know why...

Jxcrust
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!