Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

So Here We Are (OOC/Signups)

a topic in People and Places, a part of the RPG forum.

Character biographies, journals, connections, and other reference guides for any in character information necessary for your players!

So Here We Are (OOC/Signups)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby saranm on Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:23 pm

The sword fell.

The sword fell for the first, and what we can only hope fell for the final time, in the year 2522. Allow me to explain, in the year 2042, a man named Timothy Freeman, recieved a genetic "defect" that was actually quite beneficial, it allowed him to give himself bursts of adrenaline, that could keep him awake, increase his reflexes, speed, strength... for him, life slowed down while he kept going faster... he graduated college to become a scientist and experimented on his own DNA, to see if he could replicate the strain that made him so amazing. Year 2072, after spending countless nights in his lab, constantly keeping himself awake... Timothy had become an old man, he nearly went crazy from sleep deprivation, but he did it, he made the first genetic modification known to mankind.

Timothy later died of a heart attack, but his work was still around, he never came up with how to replicate his DNA, but he did find out more, then more came, to target muscle mass in the arms or legs, to target certain areas of the brain, almost anything you could think of. Year 2223, interplanetary travel has advanced far more than most people imagined, we have colonies on every planet that are two or more planets away, but with these new planets, came new life. Humanoid aliens discovered our post's and came to greet us, peace was a priority at the time so they instantly became the first inerplanetary alliance. The creatures that greeted us, the Glarceroid's, always stuck true to the treaty and traded with us honorably and happily, but with every peace, must come war.

Year 2423, a new race of aliens has come to be known, they are terrorists in every sense of the word, they stole from us and the Glarceroids, killed innocents, and destroyed worlds. These aliens, the Galloff's, demanded we hand over our land or they would kill us all, and it was quite possible that they could. We only had two choices, give up our homes, or fight back... we of course, faught back. Year 2468, some suggested we nuke the homeworld, but the government had a much, much worse idea. Year 2522, an experimental bomb was used on the Galloff's homeworld, it worked all to well. this bomb was far more powerful than expected, it litterally destroyed half of the planet, and this one was larger than earth.

After that bomb hit, a Vow was made to never use weapons like that again, by the Humans, by the Glarceroids, and even by the Gallof's. It was at that point that these words were said by the ruler of the Glarceroids: "And thus the sword falls, if it is to ever rise again, let the men that stand around me, be protected from the horricity." The reason he called it the falling of the sword, was because, it was agreed upon by the three species that all weapons of mass destruction be destroyed, along with a very large portion of the guns. This was the start of a new era, the era of blade. since the guns were largely destroyed, to solve disputes, swords were used, duels came back, and besides warships the vast majority of people even forgot about the fancy weaponry and took up the sword to defend themselves.

And this leaves us, you remember Freeman right? well his modifications are still used today, and it is being debated on whether or not they are legal in duels, but for the most part, they made no problems with society, but it was a happy time.

Now, something horrid has happened, a new race of aliens has arrived, they have not identified themselves and are extremely violent and intelligent, we have to stop them, no matter what.

allow me to give you some insight about the aliens and some current weaponry:

Humans: You know what we are, we have the most advanced technology in everything except medicine, we are basically average except those with the genetic modifications
Glarceroids: long necks and slanted eyes, along with blue skin is what mark them special, they are hyper intellegent, but spend most of there time studying medicines
Galloffs: short, green skin, and wings, is what make them stand out, they are fast though, almost no one can outrun them, genetic modifications or not.

if you like the idea, here is the char skeleton:

Name:
Race: (keep to the three provided)
Looks: (picture or description)
Ship: (if applicable, Name, weaponry, ect)
Weapons: (try not to make it too powerful, or I will revoke it, also keep in mind alot of people use swords now)
Bio:
All Else:
"Sad, terribly sad" said the reader to the writer, "one of the characters in my book died." The writer smiled "I know the feeling, so did mine."

The lifespan of Kirant: Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

saranm
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: So Here We Are (OOC/Signups)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drakona5 on Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:02 pm

Name: Tom Anglen
Occupation(s): Ex Military Medic, Genitic Scientis, and Pilot
Race: Human
Looks: Tom has a defined forhead that is somewhat taller then the normal person's. His short, dark brown hair is slicked back and a thin layer of stubble always coats his chin. His usual attire includes a black shirt, cargo pants, combat boots, and belt.
Ship: A small space jet built more for travel then fighting. It has several illegal modifications which include a Jemni Energy Core (Contains the ality to generate the power in two atomic bombs) and several plasma cannons used for cloak and dagger strikes.
Weapons: 1, Blackhawk UAR (Dual barreled sub machin gun), Scotsane fully atomatic pistol, and Medic issue mini machine gun.
Bio: Tom joined the intergalactic military on a whim, he never got much action a couple of small skirmishes here and there but, his career was mostly calm. He left the military at the age of 23 and began to study genetics in a local college which he later majored in. Tom had a high hope of expirementing with creating ways to make soldiers more efficient on the battlefield but to do so all his expiremetns had to be done of planet because of the strict genetic laws on earth.
All Else: He was diagnosed with Assbergers Syndrom at the age of seven and is considered to be antisocial.
I help new people learn to RP. If you need help, PM me, I'll be happy to point you in the right direction.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Drakona5
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby saranm on Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:40 pm

accepted, I like it

saranm
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drakona5 on Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:43 pm

Thanks, I'll expand on it alot as we go along.

Drakona5
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby saranm on Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:51 pm

cool... lol just noticed the avitar, I had a similar one that said "do not fall down the up escalator"... but sadly I couldnt size change it

saranm
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drakona5 on Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:01 am

Yeah I've had this avatar for about a year now, I changed it from one of my favorite ones. So when do you think we'll start?

Drakona5
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby saranm on Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:41 am

two more people and i'll start the IC

saranm
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drakona5 on Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:23 pm

"Two more people? We may be here awhile," Walks over to corner and pokes cigerette into his mouth.

Drakona5
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sarah-kun on Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:46 pm

Name: Amy Moore
Occupation(s): Junker, Mechanic
Race: Human of Martian or like formed planetary descent
Looks: Being of Martian descent Amy is slight in comparison to others with a Northern European pedigree. She has a short haircut appropriate for being around machinery and usually wears flight suit like clothing for the same reason. When she is out and about she dresses casually for this verse and generally tries to avoid notice. Amy is almost always greasy and a little disheveled, but what can she do? She is a working girl.
Ship: She calls her ship "The Twins" in honor of the two small asteroid runners that make up the majority of her engineering. "Twins" living space is constructed of an old freighter from last war and her engines are dual layered engines from two asteroid runner type craft. This design allows for good maneuverability but rather poor top speed. No weapons to speak of but plenty of mechanical arms and attachments for scavenging and repairing other vessels. She uses this equipment to eek out a living doing deep space repairs on injured vessels. Since the beginning of the latest conflict business has been picking up.
Weapons: With her slight frame and muscle development full sized swords are basically not an option. Like most girls at her high school academy however she was taught knife and chain defensive and offensive techniques. She prefers to leave combat to soldiers but is more then proficient in both parrying and striking with a curved durasteel blade attached to a ten ft. long plasteel chain. She has never been trained in the use of firearms but has a small personal shielding device that can you enough hits for her to get to cover.
Bio: As I have alluded to Amy is a martian post academy graduate. I envision her education to be something like graduating from a German or Japanese high school. Instead of trying to find the money to go to university she accepted a position cleaning and servicing private craft for a Glarceroid corporation. Over the last three years she has saved money and put together her ship and is to her knowledge the first on the go mechanic service that specializes in deep space distressed vehicle repair. The coming war is no secret and she is as concerned as everyone else. With any luck she will be able to find a good well armed convoy that she can trade her skills for protection.
All Else: I look forward to playing it sounds like a neat world.

sarah-kun
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby saranm on Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:57 pm

first off, youre in... your char is pretty freaking amazing... and second, thank you I try to make it as fun as possible.

also, if either of you have friends interested in joining, please ask them... i'll start up an IC... NOW!: and-falls-the-sword-always-accepting-t21404.html

also, just because they werent able to replicate the DNA of Timothy, doesn't mean you cant still be born with it.

Name: Roy Carcel
Occupation(s): Military Strategist, Weapon Designs
Looks: http://www.likecool.com/Gear/Gadget/Ste ... gles-1.jpg (without the goggles, his eyes are blue with fairly thin eyebrows)
Ship: The EBS: Dead Weight (EBS= Experimental Beta Ship) is a fairly small ship with room for eight crew members and the captain, this ship has experimental shields and weaponry that are prone to break downs but are otherwise effective.
Weapons: Carries an old rapier that was passed on down to him from his parents, it looks rusted, but it is actually in near perfect condition.
Bio: Roy grew up in a small town on earth, where his life was probably worse than it ever was. All of his ideas came at an early age, weapons, strategies, everything, he was branded as a freak by his peers but eagerly accepted by the military. The war brought need for more weapons that made him rich, but that wasnt enough, he wanted exitement... so after the war he agreed to keep building ship weaponry for the military of all the races. Roy is currently working on a three month long assignment in which he has to test all of the weapons on the ship.

enjoy the RP and post at least once a day.

saranm
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sarah-kun on Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:17 am

This is one of the first online rps I have ever applied for and the first so far to get back to me and actually get started. So far I am having a blast. It is really different from around the the table pen and paper. Instead of one author many characters it is many authors many characters. I don't mean to be self-conscious but I wanted to jump over here to the ooc board and make sure my post are the sort of thing that everyone is looking for. I don't want to ruin anybody's time. Thanks for the feed back, I appreciate it.

sarah-kun
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby saranm on Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:02 am

of course! your posts are very good, more so than many people I know.
Like you, I was originally me with paper, although it can get annoying... it is quite fun with many authors.

saranm
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Drakona5 on Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:55 am

Sorry for my sorry post, It's been so long from when I applied I have no idea in what direction I wanted to take him. This could become problamatic *goes to corner to rock back and forth contamplating his charcter.*

Drakona5
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby saranm on Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:40 pm

its all right, I dont expect people to always be good, although yours was pretty uneventful, your writing, spelling, grammar is great.
I myself have a huge problem with run-on sentences.

saranm
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Locksmythe on Fri May 01, 2009 3:00 am

Name: Aloisius Ritter
Occupation(s): Pirate
Looks: Due to growing up in frequent zero-g environments, Aloisius has long appendages, both arms and legs. While not weak, most of his muscle tissue is lean muscle mass, and therefore not readily obvious. His eyes project an uninterested gaze in a dark shade of green. His wavy brown hair is only a few shades darker than the leather duster he perennially wears, and the only thing "clean" about his appearance is the wrist-computer he wears to communicate with his ship's AI, Moore.
Ship: The Moore's Law is a medium-sized cargo ship that has been heavily modified to fit his purposes. It has been refitted as a "stealth ship", in that its hull has been painted to reflect as little light as possible, and its sensor image looks vaguely like an asteroid. Unfortunately, she is also in a near-constant state of disrepair, venting atmosphere at various times and other such... problems. The only system on the ship that works reliably is his computer system, which he keeps in peak condition, to compete with his prey. The only particularly offensive capability of his ship is its ability to launch a number of EM buoys, that in conjunction form an electronics-disabling EM field. He can occasionally recover these buoys for reuse.
Weapons: He primarily uses a sabre he was given by his father, which he uses to parry attacks until he can get close enough to throw a punch. His wrist device is also capable of producing a tazer effect.
Bio: His family owns a freighter, and as such he was born and raised travelling the trade route between Earth and Obad-Hai. Pirate attacks are a fact of life on these trade routes, and his family's vessel saw their fair share. His father taught Aloisius and his older brother Terry that interfering with the pirates would just put their family in jeapardy, but after years of being scavenged over and over again, Terry finally lost his temper and tried to fight back. The pirates were not amused, and dragged him off after beating him down. After that point, Aloisius took upon himself a vendetta against pirate scum, securing funds to purchase a nearly-functioning ship and a computer system. He's spent the six years since then profiting off of other profiteers, taking his revenge by abandoning pirates in the cold depths of space.
All Else: Aloisius, with the help of his ship's incredibly competent AI, is adept at slicing computer systems. When the Moore's Law inevitably breaks down, Aloisius often calls on the captain of The Twins to make a house call for routine and... not-so-routine maintenance, in her own words.

Hi. I'm a friend of Sarah-kun irl, she said you were looking for more players, and I've read through what y'all have done so far and it looks like a lot of fun.

Locksmythe
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby saranm on Fri May 01, 2009 2:06 pm

awesome, thanks sarah... and lock, you are accepted and can post whenever

saranm
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yuina on Fri May 01, 2009 7:30 pm

Name: Yuina Ravenstein

Looks: Silver haired female with pale white skin and blazing red eyes. Her frame is small and slender but
proportionate to her body. 5'7 in height and weighs approximately 47 kilograms. She used to favor
wearing her old black assassin's outfit but since she has already retired, she now usually goes around
wearing casual clothing. Never liked skirts, prefers wearing black Jeans partnered with a tight dark
blue shirt and a gray jacket.

Ship: Custom Heartless MK II
Classified as an assault ship primarily used by Yuina when travelling around the earth doing assassination
requests that require no grace or stealth. Painted Black and has no shields or armors. Equipped with state
of the art Tri-fusion engine capable of boosting her ship into supersonic speeds in less than 9 seconds.
Built to outrun the authority, her ship is lightweight and highly maneuverable. Stashed in someplace only
Known by Yuina.

Armed with 4 high powered laser guns and equipped with high powered stealth device, the Heartless MK II
is a thing of beauty and an omen of death at the same time. Known in the skies as the black death.

Weapons: Twin Diamond daggers with a red and blue dragon hilt, Custom Desert Eagle fine tuned and remodeled
to fire lasers instead of bullets. A standard stun-gun. A bottle of highly potent sleeping pills and a lethal
wire.

Bio: Yuina Ravenstein, last assassin trained by the Ravenstein Order. A well known underground organization run by
her family that had struck fear into the hearts of those who have made enemies with them. Forced into the
world of killing, Yuina has learned to suppress her gentle side in order to be approved by her family. Loves birds
and other animals but never had the chance to admire them. Trained in numerous ways to disarm, disable
and kill the target, Ravenstein style. She was the long awaited prodigy of the Ravenstein family. Her father had
such high hopes for her in the world of underground killing but as Yuina grew older, she had learned that there's
more to life than the underground killing and the world of deception and lies. Having a change of heart, Yuina
turned against the Ravenstein Family and after making sure that nobody would have to suffer the life she has
lived under the rule of the Ravensteins, she cut all ties to the family name and goes around helping those in
need by the name Yuina. Soft spoken and somewhat cold, she hasn't had much success in her path to atonement.

All else: Has a hard time making friends but always dreamed of how nice it must be. Reliable in many ways.

(This world looks fun, i hope i get accepted. ^__^)
An age is called dark not because the light fails to shine, but because the people refuse to see it.

Interested in a Vampire/Vampire Hunter RP? Check mine out.
http://www.roleplaygateway.com/bloodlines-ooc-updated-recruiting-t27012.html

Yuina
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby saranm on Fri May 01, 2009 9:30 pm

you are accepted, great character

saranm
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby pantalimon on Sun May 03, 2009 5:29 pm

Name: Cythania
Occupation(s): ship tech, pilot
Race: human
Looks: 5'6"
Ship: The Titan, large blasters on the front, most of the other weaponry is being created on the ship as time progresses
Weapons: longsword, metal fingertips that manipulate and sometimes create fire if alot of energy is used
Bio: She is gifted in many areas, somewhat like a jack-of-all-trades. she has been working since she was fourteen, as she was tall enough and lied about her age because her parents died on a ship in an attack. she was taken hostage by aliens when her ship was destroyed, and had experiments performed on her.
All Else: she has the kind of sharp personality on the outside that makes people warry, but deep down she is kind and caring and simply loves what she does.

i apologize for not posting this before my ic, i tend to forget these. hope you like my char.
Too bad love is just a game.
But, I've had too much fun playing to quit now.
Maybe I'm addicted.
I don't think I care.
My tokens are all across the board...
And I'm winning.
>The Loveless Victor<

pantalimon
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby saranm on Sun May 03, 2009 5:31 pm

all is forgiven my friend... it works, accepted.

saranm
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!