Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Bloodlines OOC (Updated:Recruiting)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Bloodlines OOC (Updated:Recruiting)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yuina on Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:15 am

Flashback:
"Your existence is a curse to us... Begone!"

The young looking female suddenly opened her eyes whilst tightly grasping the left part of her chest. She had awoken another time yet again from the only nightmare she ever had. It took her a few seconds to realize that she was in the safety of her own room and enjoying the comfort of her own bed. Loosening her tight grip on her chest, she sighed in relief to find that there was no blood on her hand.
It has been countless years since the occurrence of "The Final Hunt" in the land of El Drid. A tragedy for the hunted, a victory for the hunters. The hunted were a former kin of the inhabitants of El Drid, only they have ascended beyond the limits of being Human. A new breed, that is what they were. Being one of the first of her kind, She has witnessed their kind's struggle through time immemorial. Saddened by the outcome of the struggle, she has vowed to do everything in her power to save as much of her kind as she can...

Present Time:

Gasping for air while having your back rested on a dead tree deep inside the Forest of Screams, you fearfully leaned to the left to take a glimpse of your pursuers. A sigh of relief escapes your bloodied lips upon realizing that you have successfully managed to evade certain death. With a smile, you decided to sit down for a moment to catch the breath you have lost in the chase.

The silence of the forest was a welcomed friend to you. Closing your eyes temporarily, you felt that you have finally regained your breath. Upon opening your eyes once more, a pair of glowing red eyes greeted yours. Fear set in once more in your heart. You wanted to scream but doing so will alert the hunters of your location. You remained still and awaited for what is to come.

The glowing red eyes drew closer allowing you to see their owner, a black wolf that silently strode to your location. Still frozen with fear, you gulped down air as the wolf finally reached where you sat. It dropped something and ran away. Confused, you turned your vision towards the item it dropped and picked it up.

You received a rolled letter with a black ribbon and an ancient golden crest. You hurriedly untied the ribbon and rolled open the letter. A few seconds later, the text it has glowed a faint red which allowed you to read it despite the darkness of the forest.

"Greetings young one. I beckon you to my humble sanctuary Anticea. In here, you need not fear the Hunters for they know not the existence of my abode. You must have a lot of questions within you that needs answers right? Please allow me to answer one of them right now. Young one, you are no longer Human, you have ascended beyond the limits of humanity into something more... divine.
In here, I will provide you with everything you need. From food to shelter to recreational activities. But that is not where it ends, I will also provide the help you need to gain the knowledge essential for your survival. In here you will live a luxurious life of peace. Should you choose to come, the decision is up to you. Know that your blood will lead the way.

~Mistress Reiko"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Flashback:
"Why do you hate us so!? Is it truly impossible for us to Coexist?!"

The man of old age held his pipe away with one hand and blew a stream of white smoke as he looked out the window. Finally the sun is beginning to rise. An indication that their work is temporarily over. It has been too long a time since this kind of job had been handed over to him. He knows that his time is drawing near. Pushing open the windows of his chamber, he allowed the morning breeze inside.

Looking down below, he saw an early flock of people coming in to his bastion. He scoffed and turned around, grabbing his black leather coat and headed out of his chamber. He was to greet his "visitors".

Present Time:

You looked back at the large iron gates where you entered from only to recall the memories of a cursed night. You can still hear the screams of your family and friends crystal clear, as if it was still happening right in front of you. How you managed to escape is still a mystery to you.

A group of the new breed began appearing again in some parts of El Drid. You were unlucky enough to have been living in one of the places where they appeared. Angered with the loss of your loved ones, you sought revenge. After learning of an organization that hunts these so called new breed, you spent the last of your coin to get to the said place with one thing in mind... Vengeance.

"Brave souls! I thank you for valiantly stepping up to take the risk and protect our kind! I am Siegfried Ravenstein, head of the group simply known as Ravens. This will be your new home. Your new life as a Hunter begins here. I will provide you with every basic need that you require to live and train you using the toughest methods ever known to man. If you have the heart to stand and fight, then come forth and heed my call. If you are of weak spirit, i strongly suggest that you leave this place for I have seen far too many who thought they can handle it and died in training. Life for you will never be the same again once you become a Raven. The choice is yours!"

Character Template:

Full Name:
Nickname:
Appearance:
Skills: (Stuff your character is good at.)
Innate Abilities: (At least 3-5. e.g. Fast Healing, Stronger Fangs etc. Think of something creative! :lol: New Breed Only!)
Mastery: (Mainly combat art mastery, Ravens Only!)
Blood Magik: (Only one per character and will be granted to you based on your posting performance, New Breed only!)
Sacred Artifact:(Only one per character and will be granted to you based on your posting performance, Ravens only!)
Items: (If any. New Breed can hold up to 5, Ravens start with 3 Sacred Cross and 5 other items)
Weapons: (If any)
Species/Job:(Human, New Breed, Raven)
Personality:
Background:

*Note: Sacred Cross is a mass produced inferior copy of the original Sacred Artifact of the same name. These are mainly used by Ravens to kill lowly New Breeds or treat injuries. They however, turn to dust upon usage. Rumors say that the original sacred cross does not have this limit but nobody knows where it is.

Setting

The land of El Drid is a prosperous land where people mostly live in small towns to big cities. The land is mostly comprised of forests and mountains. Cities and villages share a considerable distance from each other and traveling takes a bit of time to reach a different city or town. Technology isn't neither primitive nor advanced, we can say that this is the middle ages and advancement is still in its early stages. Swords or other metal work are a mainstay for weapons. Currency is in the form of Coin.

Races

Humans: The majority of the species that live in the land of El Drid. Food to the New Breed, people to protect for the Ravens. Weak and can basically do nothing except for common work and daily leisure activities. Should you seek to become one of them, you are bound to become prey to the new breed. But being human has its own perks, you are protected by the Ravens. A human is neutral, he can be turned into one of the New Breed or the Ravens. The choice is entirely up to him/her... or fate.

Ravens: Humans who have trained in various combat arts solely for the purpose of eradicating the New Breed that have recently began populating the land of El Drid. Rumors say that a Celestial Being was the founder of the organization. They have access to various artifacts that they use to fight against the New Breed. Their rankings start from C to S. An S class Raven is a force to be reckoned with by lowly New Breeds, an even match to stronger New Breeds. They earn their keep by taking on extermination requests from the public. The Ravens have developed a seal tattooed in their bodies designed solely for the purpose of detecting a New Breed. These seals react when they are near the presence of a New Breed by emitting a gentle warmth. A convenient item for hunting in broad daylight. At night Ravens use their eyes, for a New Breed's eyes glows red at night making them easy to spot. They work non-stop day and night and are the ones currently holding the advantage. They are physically weaker than a New Breed but their deep knowledge of combat arts and wide array of skills and weapons make them a very dangerous foe for the New Breed.

New Breed: An ascended form of the inhabitants of El Drid. They are former humans who have been said to have caught a rare disease that caused their change. These beings are constantly evolving, growing stronger as they age. Rumors say that they have been exterminated by the Ravens long ago but, they have risen once again to exact revenge? Or to live in peace, nobody knows... yet. Most of them are scattered throughout El Drid, many are in hiding while few have always been on the prowl for a day's meal. They retain their former kin's physical traits and looks almost human, save for the fact that they always tend to look young and fresh. They are distinguished by burning red eyes in the night. A New Breed has an insatiable thirst for blood of humans but can go on for long years even without feeding. This act of course has a price, the New Breed weakens tremendously down to the level where a mere human would easily win against him/her in a fist fight. A well fed New Breed is stronger, faster and deadlier. Naturally, New Breeds are swift runners and possess the strength of twenty men combined.

Mist Dwellers: Lurking in the Shadows, observing the events that unfold throughout El Drid. The Mist Dwellers are a mysterious race, only few know of their existence. Those who come across them never seen the light of day again. Although some have survived, but the trauma scarred their minds making people think that they have lost sanity. What they look like and what they can do remains shrouded in mistery. The Ravens are currently looking into the matter, as well as the New Breeds for they too have lost many of their kind against these creatures. Their goals are completely unknown. Only time will tell what their true intentions are. (An NPC race to be played by me)

Plot

A land plagued by an unsung war between the Ravens and the New Breed. A battle of survival for the New Breed, a war to achieve peace for the Ravens. As the battle rages on between the two races, another race will threaten the very existence of the inhabitants of El Drid. How will the inhabitants prevail against these creatures should they start an onslaught? (Will be revealed little by little) Which side are you on? Will you choose the bloody path and carnage of the New Breeds? Or exact your own justice in the form of Vengeance being one of the Ravens. Choose your side...

Key Items

The following will be granted by me to a player based upon his/her posting performance in the RP as we go along. I will be notifying the player eligible for a Sacred Artifact or Blood Magik via "Summons" by their respective leaders in the RP.

Sacred Artifacts (Ravens Only)

Ether Ring: Grants the bearer limited control over three elements; Fire, Wind, Light.
Greatly protects the bearer from those elements as well. Allows the bearer to regain stamina at an incredible rate.

Diamond Lust: Greatly Improves the bearer's Physical Prowess. Strength, Speed, Stamina, Endurance, Senses, all of them are heightened to a certain degree. Also lights dark places due to its undying shine.

Cloak of Mist: Extremely comfortable. Protects the wearer from extreme cold and grants him minor invisibility. The unknown material also provides excellent defense, Only a few projectiles can pierce the cloak.

Black Hatred: A sword with an unknown maker. Handed down to the Ravensteins for generations. It is said that once the sword's blade turns black, the bearer gains the hidden sword arts infused in the sword for a limited time. Rumors say that the sword feasts on the Wielder's life force in return for the tremendous power it temporarily grants. Not many amongst the Ravens who once held it knows the secret to unleashing the latent power of the sword. (All of them had passed on to the next life save for one.) Maybe Siegfried knows?

Silver Haze: A brilliant dagger that is made with very light metal allowing the wielder ease of handling and more precise attacks. Holding the dagger boosts the wielder's agility and hand speed. It is said that the dagger itself is perfect for both defense and offense in close quarter combat. Leaves a silver trail with each swing. The trail when inhaled is poisonous to a New Breed, not deadly enough to kill them but does the job of weakening them to a certain degree. The trail it leaves is completely harmless to humans.

Torment: An ominous looking dagger that possesses a hot blade that can cut through flesh and bone easily. The wound it causes to a New Breed, even if it's just a scratch is usually fatal but if the New Breed is strong enough, will survive but takes longer time to heal. The dagger, when bathed with the wielder's blood engulfs its blade with a blue flame that can be fired with a mere swing of the dagger. The blue flame although small, has enough power to cause a small area explosion. Perfect for a distraction if the need to escape arises.

Judgement: Tremendously heavy sword if it does not accept you as its wielder but very easy to hold and swing around for the worthy. Easily distinguished by the odd form of the blade, Judgment is one of the deadliest Artifacts the Ravens had. Many of the New Breeds fell prey to its blade. Nobody knows what the sword's abilities are but some say that the wielder always has a complacent smile on his face even in the face of great danger. Rumor says it boosts courage and nothing more but according to civilian gossip, the Raven who used to wield the sword took down a pack of New Breeds alone with just one fluid swing of the sword. Whether this is the truth or not, it is hard to tell.

Lucifer: A sword that belonged to a man named Rigald. It has not been used by any Raven yet. What it can do is a complete mystery. According to Siegfried, the sword rings at night as if it is thirsty for battle. He once tried to use it during the Final Hunt when Rigald was nowhere to be found but as soon as he held it, he immediately dropped it after a stream of white began invading his being. He has stored the sword ever since.

Blood Magik (New Breeds only)

Ancient Black Arts created by the Firsts of the New Breed, They are extremely powerful magik that can be commanded by a New Breed once granted. Though attaining it takes a long and rough journey filled with difficult trials to test the mettle of the one seeking power. Only by taking in the blood of a First shall a New Breed attain this power however, he/she must gain the First's trust. Attempting to steal the blood of a First is suicide. Beware...

The form of Blood Magik differs for each New Breed. The New Breed's personality is the sole factor that affects what kind of power manifests within them upon taking in the blood of a First.

Rules

Okay people, here we are with the stuff to follow. =P

-No F***** GodModding! Please! (Ehem! Retracts her fangs)
-Decent length posts. Show us your skills in writing! I know you have it!
-Notify me if you have to drop out of the RP along with the reason.
-No abusive/offensive/crappy types of posts. Flirting is fine if you can keep it at a certain level.
-No killing of same race players! And important characters! (That means Player Characters. Should a battle occur between two players, one must accept defeat and retreat.)
-I want this RP to be relaxed and not too fast paced. A minimum of 1 post a day is fine with me.
-Have fun! This is a must! :twisted:
-If you wish for a different Background than the basic one I provided, you are free to do so. (Make it interesting.)
-I will be controlling three characters here. The head of the New Breed, The head of the Ravens and the Mist Dwellers.
-Since I will be playing the heads of both sides, I will occasionally send out players on Missions. (They can use their creativity to illustrate the events of the missions and how well their character does in it. I will only provide the mission details. Depending on how well you illustrate, you might be rewarded by a Sacred Artifact or Blood Magik, depending on the side you're on.)

I think I have pieced together most of the elements required to run my world. Still as always, Questions and Suggestions are most welcomed! ^__^ I will now officially open this thread for Recruiting.

Since my post has become too big, I will be cutting the map parts and adding them to my newer post.
Last edited by Yuina on Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:37 am, edited 6 times in total.
An age is called dark not because the light fails to shine, but because the people refuse to see it.

Interested in a Vampire/Vampire Hunter RP? Check mine out.
http://www.roleplaygateway.com/bloodlines-ooc-updated-recruiting-t27012.html

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Yuina
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: Bloodlines OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Neschume on Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:20 am

I would like to join but can I have some more information on the new breed such as what they look like and what do they eat. You made it sound like they eat humans but if so what part of the human.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Neschume
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pyron on Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:28 am

Full Name: Kaname Shinamori
Nickname: Kaname
Appearance:
Skills: Kendo (Way of the Japanese katana)
Mastery: Katanas and Taijustsu
Sacred Artifact: Diamond Lust
Items: Ravens start with 3 Sacred Cross(I didn't know what to put here)
Weapons: Two steel katanas
Species/Job:( Raven)
Personality: A loner, keeps to himself. Not to many friends, but will die for the ones he has.
Background:Kaname grew up poor. In dreams that he could become a raven someday. When he was 17 he passed the test with flying colors. Now in present time he has become quite strong.

Pyron
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Emptor on Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:50 am

What do you mean by mastery?
y'know, I like rabbits and all. They're cute and they're horny. And if you're cute and you're horny, then you're probably happy, in that you don't know who you are and why you're even alive. And you just wanna' have sex, as many times as possible, before you die... I mean, I just don't see the point in crying over a dead rabbit! Y'know, who... who never even feared death to begin with.-Donnie Darko
CTHULU FOR PRESIDENT:WHY CHOOSE THE LESSER EVIL?

Emptor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yuina on Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:01 pm

Neschume: New Breeds look forever young, they retain the physical traits of what humans look like but are distinguished by burning red eyes in the night. They are basically vampires termed differently. As for food, Human Blood... (some occasionally eat a human organ. The heart)

Emptor: Mastery is your weapon proficiency, how does your character fight? what kind of weapon is he proficient in. (E.G. Dual Sword Style/Katori Shinto Ryu/Battou Jutsu/or heck, even Bruce Lee nunchucks style.) ^___^

Pyron: Sacred Artifacts for the Ravens will be granted by me unto you depending on how you post in the RP as we go along. Players can't initially start with it. hmmm... maybe i should make it more clear in the first post. sorry bout that.

The same goes for Blood Magik. These will be granted to the New Breeds depending on posting performance. I will notify players who are eligible for a Sacred Artifact or Blood Magik.

Here are additional information about the Land of El Drid.

Places

Anticea: Mistress Reiko's abode. A safe haven for the New Breeds, the lady of the mansion formed a powerful barrier surrounding her territory making its location unknown to the Ravens. In here, the lady trains fledglings teaching them everything she knows about the world and how it works. An occasional prodigy comes within many of the New Breeds she takes in. Those are highly considered by the Mistress and are given a chance to join her as a member of her Family.

Himeno Mansion: The main structure of Anticea, this is the place Mistress Reiko gathers her adopted sons and daughters where she teaches them about the world and many other things about their kind. Huge and decorated with expensive furniture, the mansion is like a maze where one can easily get lost should they absentmindedly wander around.

Mansion Grounds: An open space where New Breeds often relax and occasionally play, filled with flower beds accentuated by a gleaming center-fountain, the Mansion Grounds truly becomes a piece of personal or public space where everyone can be at peace.

Stables: For humans, the stables are where Animals should be kept and fed. For the new breeds, the stables is where they store humans, locked in chains and are kept alive to be fed upon time and again. Once they have failed to serve their purpose, the humans locked in the stables are killed and disposed in a place where nobody can find them.

Catacombs/Way to the Crypts: These are places where Mistress Reiko's trusted subordinates trains the young New Breeds in hunting humans. A labyrinth with only one exit -the entrance- where they release a human to be hunted down for training. Sometimes if they are lucky enough to capture a Raven, they play with him/her here before killing him.

Bloody Peak/Cave of Lucid Dreams: Those seeking power are tested in either of these places. Both share the same perilous trail and dangerous contents. Those who manage to come back are forbidden to say a word about what they have experienced in either places. One thing is for sure, they come back either half dead or severely injured.

The Nest: Home to Siegfried Ravenstien and main headquarters of the group known as Ravens. This is the place where people who seek vengeance or simply fight to protect gather. They are immersed into intense training methods forging them into fine warriors for the sole purpose of hunting down their sworn enemy. The New Breeds.

Houses of Swords, Fists, Spears: The three houses that provide strict combat arts training in the chosen weapon. The house of Swords specializes in any kind of Sword ranging from all types of single handed to all types of two handed swords, dual wielding is also taught here.
The house of Fists are leaned to unarmed combat arts. Their teachings tap and hone the natural power of the human body. They forge the bodies of the Ravens into a deadly weapon should they find themselves fighting against a new breed unarmed.
The house of Spears teaches the Ravens how to fight multiple enemies at a safe distance. Their teachings forces the Ravens to realize how small their circle of life is when surrounded by multiple opponents. They are also taught how to keep that circle of life undamaged in many different ways.

As a Raven, you are required to graduate from all three houses but are free to choose which discipline you would like to pursue on your own.

Sparring Grounds: A place where Ravens practice their fighting skills. The Sparring Grounds are always filled with people day and night, training, and honing their fighting skills to become the finest.

House of Rest/Halls of Feast: The only two places in The Nest where the Ravens relax.

Armory: A place where the Ravens keep and produce standard weaponry and armors.

Siegfried's Bastion: Home to the head of the Ravens Siegfried, this is also where they keep their most valued possessions, the Sacred Artifacts. Ravens who have earned a promotion are honored inside the Bastion's halls followed by a huge celebration in the Halls of Feast.

Celestial's Ridge: Siegfried is the only one who is allowed to visit the place. Ravens are strictly prohibited from entering the ridge. Nobody knows what Siegfried really does when he goes to the ridge alone but when he comes back, he definitely has a new Sacred Artifact.

Forest of Trials: A place where Siegfried tests the skills of promising hunters. Those who make it back are not allowed to speak of what they have done inside and what they saw. Some Ravens come back on the verge of dying or severely injured.

A geographical map of the Land of El Drid.
Last edited by Yuina on Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yuina
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Emptor on Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:35 pm

Full Name:
Lace Ansin

Nickname:
Ribbon

Appearance:

Skills:
poison study,arson,botany,and interrogation.

Mastery:
Taijutsu

Items:
three sacred cross,a piece of bread,a chop of meat,a rock with a symbol of two Fs facing each other and two Fs erupting from that point of union and facing away from each other while still conjoined.A jug of water,and a jug of salve.

Weapons:
Khanda

Species/Job:
Raven

Personality:
On the surface Lace is an upbeat fellow,brimming with cheer and a joke for every occasion.He's a lighthearted guy with an adventurous streak and a heart of gold.On the inside however,Lace is an empty and hollow shell,jarred by the death of everyone he once knew but still craving the companionship he had before the event,so he created a fake personality to cover the one he lost.

Background:I'll be using default raven one.
Last edited by Emptor on Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Emptor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Neschume on Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:43 pm

Full name: Skender Ermingild

Nick name: Diamond

Appearance: Skender stands tall at about 6' 2" and has large, muscular build. He has great strength and every ounce of his being shows it, from his huge arms to his even bigger thighs and calves. His face however is not met with such beauty as he has hundreds of scars from his years of battle. Almost every inch of his face is covered in scars most of which being from swords being swung at him from lunatic humans or even his sparring partners. Under all of the scars is a face however and the features that you can see aren't all too bad. He has eyes that are as black as coal in the day which turn a sad shade of red in the night. Though those are the only distinguishable things on his face everything else is hidden by scars of battles past.

As for clothes Skender wears a black button down shirt which is always tucked into his pants that has buttons on the two pockets at his chest. His black pants are held up by a brown leather belt which adds the only color to his wardrobe. The pants fall just over the heel of his dress shoes which are also a deep shade of black. On his shirt are silver cuff links which resemble bats in flight with their mouths open and fangs ready for anything that may come in their way. The clothing he wears makes him look formal at all times. He trades in these clothes for a simple black robe that reaches to his feet only when he knows he is about to go into battle or will be doing anything that requires his levitation skill.

Skills: Skender has many skills but he is most noted for his superb strengths in armory. Any metal that comes into his hands can be worked into any type of weapon one could possibly desire. When he was only 11 years of age he picked up a hammer at his fathers forge and has never stopped refining his skill in it. He does almost any job for no money though he could easily make a fortune off of the amount of weapons he makes a year.

Innate Abilities: Levitation: Though it may seem useless most of the time this power can be used effectively for getting Skender away from his enemies quickly without making sounds or leaving footprints.

Telekinesis: Though this ability only works on lightweight objects Skender can still use it to wield his weapon which can often turn the tide of battle in tough situations.

Iron: When the situation calls for it Skender can make his entire body as strong as steel for a few seconds, just enough to break a weapon with his bare hands or avoid having his head chopped off. He needs to let this ability recharge itself after using it and it can't be used for roughly one day after one use.

Sanctuary: Skender can transport anyone he touches back to his home with Mistress Reiko.

Items: Skender carries a small book in his breast pocket which he takes out and reads occasional. other than that he has only his scythe and the clothes on his back.

Weapons: The only weapon Skender carries is his scythe. He named it appropriately, Aeron, because it brings carnage and slaughter upon his enemies. It had a black handle which is about the length of his body from his feet to his shoulders. The blade has embroidery of people being massacred with blood spraying out of their bodies all the way down the blade on the top and it has a sharp mistalin blade on the bottom. Mistalin being one of the strongest metals known to man and the embroidered top signifying what happens to those who cross him.

Species: New Breed.

Personality: Skender is calm and quiet with little to say to anyone but himself and Mistress Reiko. He holds himself tall and proud, he is very proud of himself and his race and he isn't afraid to show it. Though he doesn't talk much he can be wordy if anyone insults himself or Mistress Reiko and will not hesitate to yell or even react violently to that kind of behavior. But overall he stays calm in almost all situations and there isn't too much more to say about that.

Background: Skender was born and raised a human until he was the age of 25 when he was changed into a New Breed by his brother who had been turned long before Skender was even alive. His childhood was normal up until that point and he was an expert blacksmith by the time he was 20. His family was very large consisting of 8 children all of which came from two parents. He was the 3rd youngest and he was often forgotten about in the monotony of every day life in his household. This was until he turned 11 and took in his father's footsteps to become a master blacksmith. He was soon the pride of the family and received most, if not all, of the attention.

The night Skender was turned to a New Breed was the most terrifying night of his life. He couldn't get to sleep so he was simply laying in bed waiting for his eyes to grow weary or his mind to just fade to black when he heard a knock at his front door. As he went to open it a chill ran through his body and he could feel each step bringing him closer and closer to the source of the cold. As he slowly opened the door he was struck to the ground by his brother, the oldest brother. He hadn't been seen nor heard from in months and his entire family had been wondering where he was. Now Skender knew where he had been, he had been hiding away waiting to take away the life, or rather, give new life to all of his brothers and sisters.

After the sight of his brother Skender blacked out and then awoke several hours later to the sound of wolves howling. Trees, trees all around, that was he could see: trees. Begging to feel hungry he wandered off into the woods and saw a wolf, presumably one of the ones that had been howling before and he pounced on it. He ripped into its flesh with his fingers which had now become claws and he slaughtered the poor creature then feasted on its innards. His brother came out clapping and saying, "Welcome to the family," over and over again. His brother soon left but that night would stay in his memory forever.

While living alone for about 70 years Skender grew accustomed to life like that and soon became hostile to most people who came around him. He would kill on site and was afraid of nothing until one day when a woman came to him, he knew she was a New Breed just like him, and offered him to come with her as she could offer protection from the humans and a proper place to live. (he had been living under nothing but tree branches and dirt before) He reluctantly accepted her offer and she trained him to be a well mannered man. her name was Mistress Reiko.

By the age of about 110 Skender had become a perfect gentleman and Mistress Reiko's personal guard. He now follows her practically everywhere and won't let any harm befall her. Which is why he is worried she has offered so many new New Breeds to come to their home, he worries that some of them might not be as "pure" as they want. Some may even try to hurt her.

So I didn't go with the story set up for me in the intro but I hope that's acceptable.
Last edited by Neschume on Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Neschume
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Emptor on Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:52 pm

Amazing post Neschume,but I think she doesn't allow magic until you've posted well,though if your profile is much to count on you should have no problem doing just that.

Emptor
Member for 15 years

Re: Bloodlines OOC (Updated:Recruiting)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yuina on Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:49 am

Neschume: Yes I have updated quite a lot of things for this RP, and the fact that you chose a different background is all good with me. Others can wish to do the same, as long as their backgrounds are interesting and is closely related to how they came to be (New Breed/Raven). On a side note, you can save the info of your Magik/s for later reference, as i have stated, Blood Magik for New Breeds will be granted by me unto them based on how well they post as we go along with the RP. The same goes for Sacred Artifacts for the Ravens. I will notify the players eligible for the said Magik & Artifacts via a summons post in the RP. (Something like... "Mistress Reiko is looking for you...") I hope we can fix that little misunderstanding. :) Once done, know that Mistress Reiko Accepts you.

Emptor: Fine Character really, I will be expecting a background update soon from you. Since he is a Raven, he is half accepted by Siegfried.

Pyron: I would have to ask you to revise your character. Give him more justice if that is not too much to ask. If done, i will consider accepting you.

Finally,

~~My first character~~

Full Name: Reiko Himeno

Nickname: Mistress Reiko

Appearance:

Skills: Ballroom Dancing,Gardening,Cooking,Writing

Innate Abilities: Poisoned Claws & Fangs, Fast Regeneration, Blood Healing, Summon Black Wolf pack.

Blood Magik: Ashes to Ashes - When angered, Reiko uses this unique Blood Magik to burn anything she wishes that her eyes can see. A truly destructive power that comes with a price. If used to its fullest, she can burn multiple targets at once but Reiko will be forced to feed on her own kind if she wishes to regain her full power once more. A price she does not want to pay. If overused, Reiko can burn everything around her -the size of a small town- including herself. She will survive but will be severely weakened, hibernation for long periods of time will be required for her to recover fully. She mostly uses this Blood Magik to burn a single target at a time, always careful not to reach the Magik's dangerous limits.

Items: Lapiz Lazuli necklace, Rigald's blood vial, Himeno Family Crest.

Weapons: None

Species/Job: New Breed

Personality:
Reiko is a quiet New Breed who always wears a smile and a sweet face. She cares deeply for others of her kind even though they are not related to her in any way. She has a soft spot for children -be it human. For a human child, Reiko often leaves them alone when encountered out on a hunt. She doesn't feed regularly but keeps it a secret. However, on occasions her hunger takes over her, she sets out on a mad rage and will feast to her heart's content. Reiko enjoys feeding on a human as slow as possible, savoring every drop of blood her tongue tastes. On her better moods, Reiko is gentle and animal loving. For those New Breeds she has taken in, Reiko is a symbol of elegance and divinity. Although behind that serene smile lies a devilish desire for carnage, blood and revenge. She is unpredictable and a mystery that can never be solved. She bears a tremendous grudge against the Ravens but is secretive regarding the matter. Reiko never talks to anyone about it, not even to her most trusted underling.

Background:
Reiko was born a New Breed under the Himeno bloodline, the First of their kind. She was brought up and taught as a noble with everything she must know, those included the long history of their Family name and the vital information she would need to survive in case something goes wrong. She was also taught with unnecessary things like hobbies and formalities, general knowledge and human history. Although she was uninterested with all others, Reiko seemed to show genuine interest in Human History.

As a child, Reiko always had problems containing her hunger. More often than needed, she would secretly go out at night to hunt alone and lose herself in the pleasure of having the sweet blood of a human flow down her throat. This little selfish act of Reiko started the spread of her kind. Being gentle and all, Reiko never kills those she feeds upon back then, which was completely the opposite of what she was taught.

In a few months time, their kind had multiplied and started causing chaos in the land of El Drid. They mercilessly fed upon those who were weaker than them traveling in packs from village to village. The humans grew scared and sought for help, but nobody was there to answer their cries. The carnage continued for years, and the human numbers rapidly dwindled. The humans were forced into hiding, desperate to keep living... to survive.

Ten years passed, the New Breeds endured a long ten years without feeding. It was then when the first human once again set foot in El Drid. His name was Rigald. The scent of his blood undoubtedly drew the attention of numerous New Breeds, all of them badly craving for a bite. However, Rigald was no ordinary human. With a swing of his mighty sword Lucifer, he took down a New Breed. One after the other they fell against his blade. The man Rigald liberated the Gelbania Port City from the New Breeds alone.

Having one city liberated, the humans began to resurface. Rigald only planned to teach them how to defend themselves at first but their anger and hatred towards the New Breeds was immense. Left with no other choice, Rigald formed and trained the first ever team meant to kill New Breeds. With the passage of time, they were successful. Liberating village after village, the team became an organization. People backed their cause and provided them with as much assistance as they could.

Having learned of the humans' uprising, Reiko became curious. She set off alone with only one goal in mind. To see for herself that humans have really survived. It was in the City of Freylon where Reiko and Rigald met face to face. They fought, and to each others surprise, they were evenly matched. Rigald suffered a wound from Reiko and likewise, Reiko shared the same fate. With just one lick of Rigald's blood from her fingers, Reiko immediately knew he was different. She fled from Freylon in fear. But it was too late... The Final Hunt began.
Last edited by Yuina on Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yuina
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Neschume on Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:38 am

So does that mean that my character can be accepted or do I need to remove the innate abilities because I know you have them on your character. Are mine verging on magik? I thought you meant that the blood magik would be far more powerful than what I had. (I made sure their were limits on anything that could be considered too powerful) Just tell me which ones I need to get rid of and I will gladly make some edits.

Neschume
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yuina on Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:29 am

Ahh! are all of those innate abilities? If so, then my bad. you can keep them. I read through and thought that Levitation was your only chosen innate ability. Forgive me for my misunderstanding.

Yes, Blood Magik would be different and far more powerful than innate abilities and will be granted upon you based upon how well you post as we play.

For better understanding, Innate abilities would be similar to Minor Magik/skills. I hope that clears things up.

Oh yes, About the Mastery, Only Ravens get those. Even though your New Breed fights with a weapon, in this world, the fighting style of New Breeds are unique to one another hence, Mastery need not be stated. That would be the only thing that needs an edit.

Once again, truly sorry for the mishap. Splendid character! You are accepted. ^^

EDIT: If there are any questions about the RP, post them here or you can send me a PM and I will happily entertain your questions.

~My second character~

Name: Siegfried Ravenstein

Appearance:

Skills: Weapon Crafting, Armor Crafting, Medicine mixing, Parrying, Evasion

Mastery: Katori Shinto Ryu.(when using Raven)/Hand to Hand combat.

Sacred Artifact:

Raven - A personal Sacred Artifact solely for Siegfried's use. Not many have seen what the it can do for Siegfried rarely goes out to hunt. If he does, he would rather be alone than with company. Rumor among the Ravens says it's just a plain sword. Civilian gossip says that the sword itself is very powerful.

Items: 3 Sacred Cross. A first aid kit, Ravenstein family crest, a scented crimson ribbon, a pouch of herbs, a large transparent marble the size of a fist. (Keeps it for luck)

Weapons: Aside from Raven, Siegfried favors using his fists and feet. Wearing leather gloves and reinforced boots, Siegfried enjoys fighting with his body rather than with a weapon. He only uses his sword when he acknowledges that his enemy is strong.

Species/Job: Human/Raven

Personality: Siegfried is a loner by heart. He tends to keep to himself but puts on a fake smile every now and then when in front of his men. This fearless man is now the latest head of the Ravens after his grandfather Callius Ravenstein along with his father Guilford passed away not too long ago. He wears his grandfather's black leather cloak as a tradition amongst the Ravensteins, even though he believes keeping memories of the dead are nothing more than a hindrance to one's self. Siegfried is a man of his word. You can break any part of his body but you can never break his word once given. He is also the type who does not go back on decisions already made. Headstrong but knows when to quit. He harbors a strong desire for killing their sworn enemy.

Background: His 15 years of life is filled with nothing but fighting the New Breed. The other half was filled with training. Siegfried was very young when his father first taught him the way of the sword. It was never his interest but it was not for him to decide. The times call for warriors and there was really no other choice. He tags along with his father during extermination requests, slowly learning more and more about the New Breeds.

He was fifteen when he first killed a New Breed. It was an ambush upon them during one of his father's extermination requests. The information they gathered was a little bit on the wrong side and they found themselves completely surrounded. Though his father was very strong, fighting against multiple stronger New Breeds proved to be a little too much for him to handle on his own. His father caught a fatal wound while trying to protect him from harm. Angered, he took up his father's sword and everything went black for him.

His head severely aches when he tries to remember events on that day. Due to this fact, he decided that they are memories best forgotten and never looked back to them until this day.

Other than these facts, not much is known about him because his grandfather usually teaches him in private inside the their Bastion. At the age of 19, He was hailed the new leader of the Ravens after his grandfather passed away due to old age. Siegfried proved to be an excellent leader. Under his rule, the Ravens managed to strike fear into the hearts of the New Breeds once more, if they had any.

~EDIT~
Alright, since we have players from both sides, I have set up the IC for Bloodlines. Here's the link
Bloodlines IC

Yuina
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Low_End_Tone on Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:37 pm

Edit: I've decided after all that I wouldn't like to participate, so I've taken down my character from this post. Sorry for wasting the space, wish you all the best of luck.

Low_End_Tone
Last edited by Low_End_Tone on Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Was it ever less than a treason
To go with the drift of things,
To yield with a grace to reason,
And bow and accept the end
Of a love or a season?

- Robert Frost, Reluctance

Low_End_Tone
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby stagger on Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:52 pm

My character sheet gonna take longer then i thought >.<

Sorry hope your patient -_-
Stagger is back...So what?...His RP is back!!!

the-crimson-curse-accepting-t39150.html

stagger
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nevyn on Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:45 pm

sounds really good.
here's my character sheet, hope I can still join.

Full Name: Kyra Asuka

Nickname: Shadow stalker

Appearance: Image

Skills: Assassination, spying, poison mixing.

Mastery: Wind Blades (Dagger fighting style); Throwing Daggers, Bajiquan Kung Fu and Hapkido.

Items: 3 Sacred Crosses, a little bottle of poison and a little golden medallion.

Weapons: A lot of throwing daggers an two normal daggers. All are poisonous.

Species/Job: Human/Raven

Personality: Kyra is full with hatred for the New Breeds because they killed her entire family. And she obsessed with her job, killing of the New Breeds. On the other hand, she always keeps her cool and thinks before she acts. Because of her obsession and her coolness people keep away from her.

Background: When Kyra was six, she saw right before eyes how her family was murdered by a New Breed. Vowing that someday she would take revenge for the dead of her family, Kyra travelled around looking for someone who could help her. In that manner she heard rumours about a group that where fighting and even killing a lot of New Breed.

She investigated the rumours and that is how she stumbled across the Raven. Because she found the hideout of the Ravens on her own and when she stated the reasons for becoming a Raven, she immediately started her training. She soon showed skills of being a spy and assassin and they changed her training to this.

At the age of 18, she accomplished her first mission and since then she kept on growing in her skills. Kyra also picked up the poison mixing skill on her own, just to make her deadlier and an better assassin.

Now 8 years later. She is one of the most hunted Raven by the New Breeds because she killed to many off them and gathered to much useful Intel about them.
Dying without achieving your goals or living on for years and realizing you will never achieve them - which is worse?"

the flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all

Be childish, be a god, be a child of a God!

Nevyn
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby stagger on Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:58 am

Character Template:

Full Name:
Fang Recarea Leinguard

Nickname:
Animal

He seems 20 but his actual age is unknown even to him since he fail to keep track

Appearance:

Skills:
Hand to hand combat, evasion, detection, and mimicking

Innate Abilities:

Fire abilities, Regeneration, See a enemy's movement before they even make it, Mind reading, and

Blood Magik:
N/A

Items:

Silver earrings, black chain mail, black fire resistant gloves, and fire resistant jacket

Weapons:

Dual swords and gloves that can send electrical currents to whatever he touches

Species/Job:

New Breed

Personality:
Nice, calm, patient, collective, tolerant, honest, observant, and stubborn

Background:
He been in the organization for many years now and his skills are known especially his hand to hand combat ever since he never lost a battle in his life. He treats everyone with care and protects them with his life as if they were family and he sees it that way since he known them as if he was a brother; so at times he'll call them sister or brother. Ever since he been with them he have done nothing but strengthen himself and killed Ravens and fed like a wild animal that is let loose from it's leash. He acts totally different when he is out to feed of a human or two; he doesn't like showing his fellow New Breeds this since it can be scary at times and he's known for injuring his partners when he's out feeding since he practically lose all control.

stagger
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pyron on Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:01 pm

Could you give me the link for the roleplay?

Pyron
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yuina on Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:07 pm

Wow a Raven and a New Breed, welcome aboard. Both are accepted.

Yuina
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!