Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Regalis: The Fall of Leogoryth

How Battle Order Works

a part of “Regalis: The Fall of Leogoryth”, a fictional universe by daathkil.

Regalis: once a beautiful, lush planet with a thriving ecosystem and blossoming races. Now, Regalis' peoples are at war, fighting over resources and laying waste to one another to secure their way of life. But who pulls the strings from the shadows...?

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Regalis: The Fall of Leogoryth”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] How Battle Order Works

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby daathkil on Mon May 09, 2011 3:23 am

The battle system can be a tad bit confusing but there are some specific rules that you'll need to pay attention to.

First off, yes, the games does use a battle order but it is not law. In a post, myself or a player that I have aiding me as a Game Master will present a battle order as we post. It may say something like:

Nez drove his blade into the creature as it dropped back away from him. As the beast needed to have its shell cracked in order for it to be killed, he slipped the blade in until the hilt rammed into the Silvos' chest and with all of his might, Nez lifted the beast and with a burst of flames, sent it hurtling into the air. Nez stepped away from the beast as Hunter slid in next to him:

Hunter is not an actual character but he works for this situation. This is an established order but as I said, it is not law. Other players can attack but must analyze the battle and make sure that they do not counter what needs to be done. There are two things that must be taken into consideration. Elemental abilities and air burst statuses. That post suggests an order that allows Hunter to fo but that is probably because he either has grounding or because he has an element that is needed to kill the enemy in its death sequence. If the enemy needs to be floated, hit with flame energy and then grounded, I may be telling Hunter to go because he has fire as an innate and grounding. He can take care of both portions of the next attack.
Players do have free reign to attack enemies after a character has been mentioned in the order but they must be careful. If a player thinks their just being cool and grounds the Silvos before it is hit with fire, it will heal and come after the last man that hit it. Making a mistake like that can cost your life.

One last thing is fairness. I may be suggesting an order for fairness because a player hasn't gotten to attack in a while. You must also check posts, as you don't want to hit an enemy in a way that is impossible at the time.

Elemental hits are important as well because you can hit an enemy with something simple such as a flaming sword or something as extravagant as slapping spheres of water at an enemy with the flat of a blade. There are as many ways to use elements as you can think of (as long as they make sense). Remember, using your special skill, especially if it is directly elemental, can destroy an enemy, even killing it out of its sequence.

An enemy that needs to be floated needs to be attacks on a body part that is normal against the ground or protected by an enemy's bulk or perhaps even the way that is crouches or walks. An enemy that needs to be grounded either needs to be attacked while it is lodged in the ground or a carapace or armor needs to be broken.

If you are the last poster in a sequence and there is no way that you can mess up a kill, you will be allowed to auto-hit. This is the only time. It will allow you to express your writing capabilities with no hindrance.
I say we take off; Nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

daathkil
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!