Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

(inthebeginning) Ouat (therewereseven) OOC

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

(inthebeginning) Ouat (therewereseven) OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wiggbat on Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:04 pm

Hi there! My name's wiggbat; I'm new to the site, but not to roleplaying. I have an idea and plot outline for a roleplay, fully formed and ready to go; now all we need are some players. In theory there will be 7 positions to fill, taking up one of those places myself, that leaves the need for 6 more protagonists. Because no story is complete without epic battles, we'll need a few devious characters working for the dark side. Anyone else willing to join as neutral characters or companions alongside the 7 heroes would be more than welcome- as you can probably tell, this roleplay would be mildly epic and totally awesome.

We'd be looking for unique and interesting characters to fill the roles of the Sorcerer, the Swordsman, the Gypsy, the Rogue, the Scholar and the Werewolf. Characters to break the mold and twist around what an epic adventure is supposed to be, while still retaining the themes of magic, adventure, etc. The roleplay itself would be 'literate', and all in third person etc., but not necessarily turn-based.

Below is the plot outline I have thus far, and the story is, of course, always undergoing growth and change. So if you're interested, just post!

"It had been 1000 years since the Seeing Pool had called us to it. We had begun to believe that the peace would last, that when the Darkness was sealed away, it had been for good. We were wrong.

"We, the seven Aspects, who have existed since the beginning of Time, obey only the Higher Power, the embodiment of Light. Yet, even together, our power is not enough to prevent the rise of the darkness. Only when the Heart is delivered will the evil be defeated. We wish it was not so, but this is the only way. Fate has chosen.

"Now, on the plane of Ouat, seven mortals will awaken to their destinies. Across three planes will a great battle wage. The forces must join in the balance of Spirit under the Light, against all the Chaos under the Darkness. Win or lose, the worlds will never be the same again.

"Every story has a beginning, and every story an end.

"It begins now.

In a land where adventure is sought after and peace between nations hangs on a thread, a corruption is rising.

100 years of peace are threatened as a new power shows itself. An opposing army? No. A crazed magician? No. The earth, mother and womb to all living things, is under attack. The forces of nature are being toyed with, and the Darkness that was once sealed away breaks free, its unholy taint runs through the land. There is a hope. 7 unlikely misfits become even unlikelier heroes. The Halfling, the Sorcerer, the Swordsman, the Gypsy, the Rogue, the Scholar and the Werewolf. It's typical prophecy stuff; or is it?

7 mortal souls, their threads of life woven together into Fate's tapestry. Destined for a fate greater and more terrible than any before them, or any after. And they have no idea what they're doing.

Here's the character sheet! Please send it to me via private message.

I am; ie. The Halfling (only applies to the 7 heroes)

Alignment; ie. good, neutral, evil (applies to everyone but the 7 heroes)

Name; ie. Emily, Tibor the Great

Age; ie. 17, 168

Gender; ie. male, female, genderless

Race; ie. human, kender, half nymph, elf, harpy

Personality; what makes your character tick, strengths, weaknesses

Appearance; what are you wearing? your height, your weight, skin color? defining features?

Magical abilities/powers; ie. waterbending, alchemy, shape shifting, spellcasting

Skills/abilities; ie. tracking, herbalism, tactics and planning, enhanced agility

Equipment; what's in your backpack? what do you carry with you?

Weaponry; ie. sword, large shiny spear, quarterstaff, composite bow

Other; you know, whatever else
Last edited by wiggbat on Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Be who you are", said the Duchess to Alice, "or, if you would like it put more simply, never try to be what you might have been or could have been other than what you should have been."

- Lewis Carroll

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

wiggbat
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: (inthebeginning) Ouat (therewereseven) OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lorki on Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:28 pm

(This looks pretty cool ^^ I'd love to join as the werewolfie maybe?)

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Lorki
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby TheVeryScaryTeaparty on Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:52 pm

Sounds fun. I'll be the gypsy. Do we have to post character sheets?

TheVeryScaryTeaparty
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wiggbat on Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:06 pm

Cool! I'm stoked to see some interest. So, we have a Gypsy and a Werewolf. That leaves the need for a Sorcerer, Rogue, Scholar and Swordsman.

Also, I'll make up a pre made sheet for you guys, so we're all using the same one.

wiggbat
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wiggbat on Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:22 pm

Here's the character sheet! Please send it to me via private message.

I am; ie. The Halfling (only applies to the 7 heroes)

Alignment; ie. good, neutral, evil (applies to everyone but the 7 heroes)

Name; ie. Emily, Tibor the Great

Age; ie. 17, 168, 30

Gender; ie. male, female, genderless

Race; ie. human, kender, half nymph, elf, harpy

Personality; what makes your character tick, strengths, weaknesses

Appearance; what are you wearing? your height, your weight, skin color? defining features?

Magical abilities/powers; ie. waterbending, alchemy, shape shifting, spellcasting

Skills/abilities; ie. tracking, herbalism, tactics and planning, enhanced agility

Equipment; what's in your backpack? what do you carry with you?

Weaponry; ie. sword, large shiny spear, quarterstaff, composite bow

Other; you know, whatever else

Please try not to go too overboard with your equipment- also, with weaponry, super epic enchanted swords that never miss and the like tend to make characters overpowered. Remember, balance is key :D
Last edited by wiggbat on Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wiggbat
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby yducky on Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:05 am

It sounds so neat! I'll be the...uh... what do you need me to do? I can be any of them, really.

yducky
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby yducky on Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:09 am

Uh...I could be the Rogue...or something...

yducky
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wiggbat on Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:59 pm

Rogue would be great! Just whip up an application and send it to me, we'd love to have you :3

wiggbat
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wiggbat on Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:21 pm

Wow! I am so stoked for this. It's coming along, we just need a Swordsman and Scholar!

I'm working on the first/introduction post right now. Also, so there's no misunderstandings, I'll be playing my character and acting as GM, throwing monsters around and introducing NPCs.

wiggbat
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby yducky on Thu May 01, 2008 8:45 am

Uh...I don't have the link to the IC thread. I'm working on my profile right now!

yducky
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby wiggbat on Thu May 01, 2008 6:07 pm

wiggbat
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!