Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Let the Games Begin. (OOC)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Let the Games Begin. (OOC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FromTheAshes on Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:44 am

The Hunger Games:

Panem:
Panem consists of a rich Capitol and twelve surrounding, poorer districts. As punishment for a previous rebellion against the Capitol, every year one boy and one girl, between the ages of 12 and 18, from each district are forced to participate in The Hunger Games, a televised event where the participants, or "tributes", must fight to the death in a large outdoor arena until only one remains. I am here to collect these twenty four tributes. And I am here to bring them to the Games.
The Games:
Every year, every child between the ages of 12 and 18 will gather, and the team of that district will draw from a basket of every boys name and pull out a name, and then do the same for the girls. The number of times your name enters varies. When you are 12, your name is entered once, 13, your name is entered twice and so on. But, if you need supplied like oil and rice from the Capitol, you may enter your name another time per person for the supplies. Those who are drawn will be taken to prepare for the Games; although, if you wish, you can volunteer yourself instead of the one drawn from the basket. Every year a new area is built, old ones saved for those from the Capitol to visit for vacation. But each arena has a different landscape, different traps, all sorts of plants, so you know, some that you don't. Some you can eat, others that will kill you. Animal's included. In the start of the games, you will be underground in whatever outfit is left for you to start off in. When raised, you must stay on your stand until you hear a cannon fire, otherwise, if you set off; You. Will. Die.
The Cornucopia:
The Cornucopia looks like a huge golden horn, cone-shaped and with a curved tail. The mouth is about twenty feet tall, and it has been carved to look as though it were woven. At the beginning of the Games, it is stocked with supplies for the tributes to fight over- food, medicine, weapons, and so on; supplies are also scattered around it, decreasing in value the farther they get from the Cornucopia itself. The tributes are released here, each an equal distance away from it. After that, it mostly becomes a landmark, unless the Gamemakers stage a feast or similar event here, to draw the tributes together.
The Team:
Those chosen will be taken from their districts, and make their way to the Capitol by train where they will meet their team. They will meet their trainer, dresser, and their manager. Your trainer will be a past winner of your district, there to give you advice, and how to win over sponsors who will donate money to provide you with gifts during the games. Your trainer will live in your district, but because of the win, they are sent to a special section whereonly winners can live in luxury. Your dressers will do your hair, wardrobe and prepared you for each event before the Games begin. Finally, your manager will keep you on time; tell you what is to come, and where to be when you need to be there.All of your dressers and your manager will be from the Capitol, and since the style in the Capitol is a little... strange compared to that of districts, it'll be a little disconcerting. They dye their hair and skin bright color, odd, alien like clothing, and have surgeries to make themselves look younger, or give themselves cast whiskers and so on. There's not much they can do to themselves. They also don't really see anything wrong with the Games. Just another form of entertainment. Finally, your manager will keep you on time; tell you what is to come, and where to be when you need to be there.

May the Games Begin.

District One:
Nearly all of the Capitol's luxury items are made in District One. The people of this district are rarely hungry, and they train their children to compete in the Hunger Games.
Girl:
Boy:
District Two:
District Two specializes in medicine; their doctors are some of the best in the country. Their techniques are passed on to the Capitol's own doctors.
Girl:jchoi
Name: Abigail Huntington
District: Two
Appearance: Image

Boy:Ghaarme
Name: Ein Celostra
District: 2

District Three:
Factories, manufacturing, technology; that's all District Three. This district is large and dotted with the high-tech factories; the only issue is that pollution can sometimes be rather bad.
Girl:
Boy:Gawain
Name:Razazael (Raz for short)
District:three

District Four:
The citizens of District Four are all serious fishers; give them a fishing pole and they'll come back with a truckload of fish. Most of this food is shipped to the Capitol; but they have more than enough left for themselves.
Girl:
Boy:denial
Name: Alexander Sec (Alex)
District: 4

District Five:
Animals are found abundantly in District Five; the residents specialize in breeding and selling them. They are born with a deep understanding of wildlife.
Girl:
Boy:Tyle Kalrian
Name:Jaysóne Baleon
District:5

District Six:
District Six are the scientists of the country; discovering new remedies, uncovering explanations for the country's problems; it's all them.
Girl:Laylei
Name: Rayna Pelana
District: 6

Boy:DemiGod
Name: Mark Wolfe
District: 6

District Seven:
If you happened to come across District Seven, you would come across construction to the highest extent. These citizens are good with a hammer and nails.
Girl:
Boy:
District Eight:
Cotton is grown in District Eight, and sheep are raised. Why? Because these people are weavers, and specialize in producing clothing for the Capitol.
Girl:
Boy:
District Nine:
District Nine are hunters, but they are only permitted to hunt strictly within their district limits. Anywhere else is prohibited.
Girl:psychogirl
Name: Elizabeth Jackson (Liz)
District: Nine

Boy:Rasche
Name: Damian Darius
District: nine
District Ten:
District Ten citizens love mathematics, and is the only district besides the Capitol that interacts with foreign countries, through trade and negotiation. Their district lies on what was once called the Mississippi River, and boats carrying goods traverse it.
Girl:
Boy:
District Eleven:
District Eleven is entirely agricultural, dotted with orchards, fields, and the like. Most of the food grown is given to the Capitol.
Girl:
Boy:Forensic_Anthro
Name: Jaiysun "Jaiy" Aarune (Jay-soon "Jay" Ae-rune)
Sex: Male
District: Eleven

District Twelve:
The last and final district, Twelve, are coal miners. Their district is normally the hungriest, but they get by. The coal they mine is mostly given to the Capitol as directed.
Girl:
Boy:
District Thirteen:
Ruines.

Be sure to PM me your character sheet. You don’t need the others to know your skills.

Code: Select all
[b][u]Character Sheet:[/u][/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]District:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b] (A picture would be great, otherwise a detailed description.)
[b]Brief Bio:[/b] (Remember, you have not been chosen for the Hunger Games yet, but you have been forced to watch many, and maybe lost a family member to them, or maybe related to a winner.)
[b]Your Skill:[/b] (What will be your weapon of choice in the arena?)

Rules:
-Obviously, I will not have 24 people join. So those that are left will be a NPC, I will have full control over them.
-There is a very good chance of your character dying. If that is to happen, you may create a new character, but they will not be in the current Hunger Games.
-If you are playing a character in the Games, please post in red. If you are in one of the Districts, or a tutor in the Capitol, post in black.
-You can have more than one character; just make sure you can post about 150 words per character.
-There are many tricks in the arena; genetically mutated creatures and plants. Nearly all of them are deadly.
-I am the ruler of the games. I control the arena, and in many cases, your life. When you think you are safe, think twice.
Last edited by FromTheAshes on Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:58 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

FromTheAshes
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Let the Games Begin. (OOC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghaarme on Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:30 am

Ooops >.> Well, glad the OOC is up!
Last edited by Ghaarme on Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ghaarme
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FromTheAshes on Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:22 am

Please be sure to PM me your character sheets guys. This is just about the code box I have posted for you. You don't want others to see what it is you need until the Games actually begin, and unless they are from your district, will not know of your bio. Ghaarme, please remove your character from here and PM it to me.

Please be sure to read everything you guys and scan it often. I'll be making edits as this goes on. Mostly to the district section and maybe adding a tweak here or there.

FromTheAshes
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DemiGod on Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:45 am

Occupation: Student of Neuroscience at the local University, Mark is one of the star pupils of his District. Educated from an early age, he has already been admitted at the University for two years;
Characteristics: 6'4"; Physically adept; His father is a Jiu Jitsu teacher.

A familiar hunger pang growled from deep in Mark's belly. Frustrated with the failure of his latest contraption, he sat down to catch his breath. A tired hand wiped a lightly soiled rag across his face, a simple refreshment from his afternoon tinkering as his eyes narrowed from the setting sun's light. The coffee machine on his bench eminated a soft tone. With a grunt, Mark stood up and walked over to turn it off. The rich brew steamed as it made contact with the cool evening air and Mark filled his favorite stainless steel mug. As he took a furtive sip, his eyes scanned the horizon. Peaceful - at least for now.

"I simply don't know how we're going to get by if we don't win this time", Mark lamented out loud to himself. "We haven't been able to win a single bout for the past three months and our supplies are almost diminished." Placing his mug on the workbench, Mark resumed his development.

DemiGod
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby UCTigerette on Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:55 am

Please unreserve my spot. I don't have time.
* Nezzera * chaoticsunrise * RaeRaeButterfly *

Beautiful Dreamer, wake unto me,
Starlight and dewdrops are waiting for thee;
Sounds of the rude world heard in the day,
Lull'd by the moonlight have all pass'd away!

UCTigerette
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FromTheAshes on Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:01 pm

I can do that. Thank you for informing me. :)

FromTheAshes
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FromTheAshes on Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:03 pm

Alright guys, if anyone has any questions about this just let me know. I won't answer everything, but I'll answer some thing. Now, we just need as many people as there were in the interest check and we'll be set to go :)

FromTheAshes
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby denial on Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:15 pm

Ill join

Ill send you a bio tommorow, its an ungodly hour of night at the moment and im about to collapse : )

denial
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FromTheAshes on Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:40 am

Completely understandable.

Come on guys, I had a decent about of people wanting to join and reserving spots, now where are you? Please!!

FromTheAshes
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghaarme on Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:02 am

Excellent - w- mah partner has arrived!

And dun worry Ashes! If you build it, they will come. And...you kinda already built it :U

Ghaarme
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FromTheAshes on Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:51 am

Oh, I already have something that'll drive two of you against one another. *Evil laughter* I'm making a list of what you all will find in the Cornucopia. And I'm trying to figure out what kind of arena I want to make. I think i have an idea, I would just like to make up a map to post it so you all have something to go by.

Just so you all know, I'm not the best artist in the world, but I do draw out stuff for theater, so it's going to be to size, not beautiful, but you'll be able to ready it down to every foot of how big this thing is. *Claps excitedly* Oh I can't wait!

FromTheAshes
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghaarme on Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:00 am

D:...wai?!?! You want to make us kill eachother so badly?!

;-;...*sniffle*

Whatever. I shall stay loyal til death! LOVEPOAWAH!

Ghaarme
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jchoi on Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:23 am

-shrug- I have no problem with having my character kill her partner. ^_^v
Last edited by jchoi on Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
=^.___.^= <(help! her post is squishing me~)

jchoi
Member for 14 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ghaarme on Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:26 am

:O.............*SPEECHLESS*

Ghaarme
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FromTheAshes on Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:39 am

Just because you are from the same district does not make them your partner because someone must die at some point. so, you can work together for a while, but beware! They may just turn on you and you'll be out of the game...

FromTheAshes
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tyle Kalrian on Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:47 am

Can I reserve the district 5 male quickly? I'll send you my profile in like 20 mins tops. :P
'Any idiot can handle a crisis - it's this day-to-day living that wears you out.' - Anton Chekhov

Tyle Kalrian
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FromTheAshes on Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:39 pm

Can do and accepted. So at this rate, hopefully tomorrow morning we can get things started. At this rate I'll play everyone's trainers, dressers and manager. Somethings I'll have to PM to you because things are done in private so you don't do everything with other tributes. But we're going to start the morning the tributes are to be selected. So you'll have some time before you have to gather for the drawing.

And again, any questions, I'll answer to what information I''m willing to give up. :)

FromTheAshes
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby denial on Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:33 pm

Awesome, looking forward to it.
Oh, and I sent the PM, but my computers acting up at the moment, so message me if it didnt get through. Thanks

denial
Member for 15 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DemiGod on Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:13 pm

I find it amusing that District 6 is the only non-anime.

Game-related, I am new to this but I am sure I will enjoy it. What type of objects or actions, etc, more importantly, should we stay away from. I don't want to write up something and have it sort of ruin the mood or sound completely ridiculous because I overlooked a rule or precedent.

1. Setting/time frame of the game [future/medieval]?
2. Objects not allowed and an example of what possible types of puzzles will be put before us?
3. Anything else you might think we ought to know. Don't give anything away, just prepare us to dish out some valuable RP!

- DG
Last edited by DemiGod on Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DemiGod
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FromTheAshes on Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:16 pm

Glad that you are :) I already have the weapons set up I just still need to drawn up the arena...

FromTheAshes
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!