Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

A New Beginning.

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

A New Beginning.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ChaoticFox on Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:14 am

This is a new RPG. I'm still working out the Plot and such could use help with that.

Character Sheet.
Name.
Race.
Age.
Class.
Bio.
Description.
Image.(Not required.)
Alignment.

Some classes Mage, Sorcerer, Wizard, Berserker, Archer, Ranger, Tamer, Knight, Paladin, Thief, Etc....
If you think of any others you would like to be make it explain it an I may or may not except you.

Some Races Elf(Many kinds), Half-Elf, Half-Orc, Halfling, Dwarf, Lizardfolk, Naga, Ormyrr, and anything else you can think of that could be playable.

I hope you join.
Last edited by ChaoticFox on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sorrow always tromps happiness.
Death always wins in the end.
Death comes to all.

Check it out and post a comment. \/
darkness-many-poems-t6674.html
All poems in the above form are written By A,J,Felix, in other words me.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ChaoticFox
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: A New Beginning.

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hisoka on Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:13 pm

Well I do not mind playing mate, or nee-san (sister in Japanese) but could you maybe say the plot? Or something about this adventure?

Name: Jaro Anaksel

Race: Twilight Elfs (a branch of Drow subtype, have some advantages over regular elfs, but have black skin as Drow)

Class: ShadowSage (A shadow battle mage. He has some magical abilities but is limited to using them a certain numbers a day. if you need to know more about this class I will mail you specific)

Bio: The only child from a family that was a pure warrior family, and the big disappointment. He was much more adapted to ninja stile of fighting then frontal assault so he was looked down upon bu his whole family. After decades of animosity towards him he left his home, and he has entered a ninja clan, "The White Ravens". the only ninja clan that was dedicated to protecting the villages in their surroundings. Now he is one of the few ShadowSages in his clan and one of the best ninjas out there.

Description: A strangely short guy, with really soft, almost girly voice. He has silver hair and eyes. He always has some weird hair stile (one of his magic tricks) and despite his gloomy past he is rather cheerful. Hates the rules, brakes them when ever he can. Also he hates bullies and those that hurt the weaker ones then they are. He can be really "unexpected" when he sees something like this.

Image.(Not required.)

Alignment: Chaotic Good

If you do not mind I will ad one thing...

Fighting stile: He uses ether 2 sai, or sai and ninja to for close quarters fighting. For long range fighting he uses shriekers. If opponent is unarmed he uses hand to hand combat and he knows three stiles: the dragon, the crane, the snake. Magic is here to supplement his weapons, really hurt directly, but he has those spells also. Though they are here for opponents that are not to be taken lightly.
Evil is necessary, for without evil who is to say that our actions are righteous and good?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Hisoka
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ChaoticFox on Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:02 pm

Right now I'm working on the plot. When we get a few more people I'll cue you in. I'm thinking about having it start something like the "Guardians of the Flame," If you haven't read it you should. It starts off with people in this world being unexpectedly through into this D&D kind of world. They play D&D so they become there created characters.

I though something like that would be interesting, But if it isn't we could always start simple like your all in the same village and a war breaks out. There are a lot of ways we could start this. I'm not entirely sure what the objective is going to be, yet. If I stay with my first plan that means I would have to add a section to the Character sheets.

If you wouldn't mind I could use a little help with that.

The world will be called Renvel. So far that's all I've got, along with a few other ideas. We really need more people for me to work out the plot more.

I need to lay down the rules.
1. What I say goes.
2. You can swear as much as you want, but try not to.
3. No controlling other peoples characters with out there permission.
4. No god moding.
5. No auto hits.
6. You can all control NPC characters.
7. No time jumping.
8. Minimal of three lines IC posts.
Last edited by ChaoticFox on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChaoticFox
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hisoka on Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:00 pm

((Well basically it depends on how compact party of players you are looking for. If you want us to be friends, and trust one another then we should at least know each other and we should have worked as a team. If we need to create bond as we play then we should not know each other. Maybe we should know o one another bu reputation, but that should be it. As for our origin, it is hard to be from some modern world similar to ours since there will be races other then human involved.))

Hisoka
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ChaoticFox on Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:55 pm

(Yeah I know but it's like this, Your from this world right, but when you play D&D you play as that character. Now say that some how you become the character in D&D. Oh well. It does sound like a good idea to have you guys not know one another so you have to forge a bond as the story unfolds. Now we need more players I'll got see what I can do to find some.)

ChaoticFox
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby [YouSuck=] BBECCA on Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:28 am

Name. Jastany Elizabeth McVaderson
Race. Half-Elf
Age. 22
Class. Bard
Bio. Orphaned at a young age and was brought up by her aunt(elf). Unfortunately, she was banned from her village for being too clumsy.
Description. She is very boisterous and likes sponatunity. She is very impation and can be rational when the situation calls for it. She is skilled in archery and carries her guitar around with her everywhere.
Image. http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb12 ... tbqo01.jpg (She desn't usually dress so intricately)
Alignment. Chaotic Neutral

[YouSuck=] BBECCA
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Admar on Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:02 pm

Name. Mohik, Child Of The Spirits
Race. Human
Age. 37
Class. Shaman (can see spirits around him, talk to them, use good spirits against bad spirits, that kinda of stuff?)
Bio. Born in an Indian tribe, he heard the Shamanic calling very early. His inner quest almost killed him - but didn't - which made him the Shaman he is today.
Description. Red skin, shoulder lenght hair, several braids on the back of his hair with feather attached to him. His left eye is red, his right eye is blue. Indian war clothing, decorated with feathers and bones and such. Very tall.
Alignment. Neutral

Admar
Member for 16 years
Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ChaoticFox on Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:27 pm

(Hope you don't mind but I think I'll change this so it's just an rpg. I'll create my character then we can start OK)

Character Sheet.
Name. Altan Ve Casen
Gender. Male
Race. Shifter
Age. 231
Class. Sorcerer
Bio. There are few Shifters left in the world. Due to the fact that they have been hunted nearly to extinction for there skins. There hinds are pure magic giving anyone who wears them the ability to change forms. Shifters can change into any form they wish. be it a small garden insect or a giant troll. When changed they gain the attributes of there form, the strength, the magical abilities everything. They are however always weak against holy metals suck as Gold, Silver, Platinum, and Iron.
Description. In favored form he stands at 6' even, has Piercing blue Eyes, broad shoulders and set of wings
Image. None
Alignment. Chaotic Neutral
Fighting Style: Prefers ranged combat, but knows how to fight with daggers in Melee combat.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Altan Woke from his fitful sleep. He hardly fell into a deep sleep. Ever since he watched as his mother was skinned alive while he hide in the closet. He had never been able to fall into a deep sleep. Always he remained worried for his life. No one Knew that he was a shifter, but he could never be sure. Unknown to him his body produced massive amounts of magic that seeped into the earth around him. Any skilled mage or sorcerer could follow him. Luckily for him few people knew or believed that his kind still exited.

Again Altan heard something. It was the snapping of a twig. It was very close. Altan quickly collected his few belongings and started to climb a near by tree when it stepped into the small clearing.

(Left an opening for one of you, or all of you if you want to enter this story.)

ChaoticFox
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby [YouSuck=] BBECCA on Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:32 pm

Jastany got to her feet, and brushed off her hands and knees. ' I hate the woods. I'm always tripping over logs and fallen trees and my own feet.' She picked her long bow off the ground and continued walking forward. As she walked, she contiuously glanced around her nervously. She was more afraid of elves more than anything. She had been banned from her villiage for a series of unfotunates events, all of which revolving arouond her clumsiness.

She heard a rustling sound and strung an arrow through her bow. Her feet stopped as she aimed in front of her, eyes glancing from side to side, trying to detect any kind of movement.

[[Sorry it's not as much as I would usually post.]]

[YouSuck=] BBECCA
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ChaoticFox on Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:17 pm

Altan changed into a small bird and perched on the lowest branch. Watching from the branch he noticed to late that he left his prized dagger on the ground next to the tree. The woman notched an arrow and kept it at the ready. That wasn't good. As quietly as possible Altan fluttered to the other side of the tree and changed back into his favored form. Walking loudly around the tree Altan announced his presents to the human. "Hello, please don't shoot. I mean you no harm." Under his breath very quietly he said "Hopefully."

With his wings folded tightly against his back he slowly walked back to where he had been sleeping moments before. He wasn't sure weather or not she was a threat. Bending over to Altan slowly he picked up his enchanted steel dagger. While sheathing it he watched the woman. She had a very steady hand, Altan notice for it never left it's target. He being the target made him nervous. Trying to keep his cool he asked "What is your name?," not waiting for a response he continued saying "My name is Altan Ve Casen."

ChaoticFox
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hisoka on Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:28 am

As Jastany was holding her bow concentrating on the voice from around the tree, a bandit ran from the bushes, charging at here with his sword. But just as she shifted a bow towards him he stopped moving, as if he was petrified, and if that was not enough the shadows created a noose around his hands, feet and neck. And finally from the shadows came forth a person wearing ninja clothes. One of his hands had 5 black rigs on his fingers witch extended to the bandit. And where do you think you are going? How many times, and how many of you must we catch and judge before you finally come to senses? Was our warning not enough... I... Oh, my I am so sorry about this young lady. I had hoped that he was smarter and that he will not do anything stupid... And wow, put that arrow away please, I would not want it slipping from your hand...

Jaro looked at the girl but could do nothing more then he already sad. He shifted his attention to binding up the bandit and delivering him to one of surrounding village. After a while he noticed another presence witch disturbed him a little, but his job here was done. After finishing with his pray he sad hay lady, and the other one that is hiding you are more then welcome to come to the village that is nearby, it is not big, but their inn is excellent and people there are good. And who knows maybe you will find something interesting to do, there is always need for adventures around here... There are strange things happening all the time you know... Well are you up for it? If nothing else you can rest properly there and have a good night sleep.

Just as he was about to head out for the village he turned suddenly Did I say my name? Well I can not say my name obviously but I am know around this parts as Malgon, but hay if we work together I will share my name with you, haha. O and one more thing, if they ask you anything, I did not say a word to you about this village, it is supposed to be a place for adventures only but hay, there is nor harm right...

Hisoka
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ChaoticFox on Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:03 am

"What in the world are you talking about? Do you ever stay on one topic long enough for others to understand or do you simple blurt out random incoherent nonsense," Altan said. "Where exactly is this village, and how do we know your trust worth?"

Once they both looked away Altan tried to stretch his wings with out being noticed. He had his wings stretch all they way out, and was about to pull them back in when they again looked at him. He stopped moving his wings and hoped that they couldn't see his white feathered wings in the moonlight. Smiling Altan tried to act casually.

"So what else is in this village, and how far is this supposed village?" Altan wasn't entirely trusting of ether one of the newcomers. They seemed friendly, but only time would tell what there true colors are.

ChaoticFox
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby [YouSuck=] BBECCA on Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:48 am

Jastany watched for a few moments in silence before lowering her bow. She didn't know if she could trust these people. They seemed decent enough, but she was still apprihensive. She glanced back and forth between the two, her moving quickly. Her eyes were her favourite feature. They were emerald green and could pick up the tiniest details even in the dark. Unfortunately, her enhanced sense of sight had never once stopped her from falling over something. She looked up at the dark, monlit sky.

"We can find this out later. It's getting late, it doesn't make sense to wander around in the dark- that would make our chances of getting lost even more likely. I would advise setting up a fire and resting until morning." She sat down on a log and placed all of her gear beside her- her bow, her guitar, her small rook sack- with the exception of her short sword. It was always kept at her waist.

"It's Jastany-Elizabeth by the way."

[YouSuck=] BBECCA
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Hisoka on Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:19 pm

I am pretty much always random like this, it is sort of a trade mark for me... And it is not some imaginary village, it is a real village. It is called Tervan and is really lively... O how many people have gone through there... Where was I? O yes, the trip. It is really close, only about half of hour in this direction shows the direction and beside there are more idiots like him around... My clan is catching them but they multiply like crazy... Like bugs, really big one... How I hate them...

Maybe I should introduce my self again... Have you ever heard of a ninja clan called a "White Raven"? Well I am from that clan... So now they you know all the info, well not all but enough, are you going to come with me or take your risk here? Ether way I am off. But I will be back to check on you after I bring this Dumas to the authorities... Stupid idiot...

Jaro went on with out looking at travelers he just meat cause he was to Cancer arguing with unconscious bandit...

((OCC: I know I am random so if you are having trouble fallowing what I say tell me so I can be more coherent. I wanted to play a really goofy ninja/shadow sage))

Hisoka
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ChaoticFox on Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:58 pm

"Staying here sounds like a good idea, but why do we need a fire? I mean fires are completely useless, the destroy night vision, and give your position away to anyone with in a large area. It is too warm for a fire anyway. So unless you need it for food or something I suggest that not have one."

Altan quickly folded his wings, and sat down. While sitting down he said, "So what brings you around here Jastany, or do I call you Elizabeth? What part of the world are you from anyway? I'm from the northern mountains."

Altan wasn't sure what to do. He had been a loner for so long, he wasn't sure how to trust another person. It had been nearly hundred fifty years since he had been any where long enough to get to know someone.

ChaoticFox
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby [YouSuck=] BBECCA on Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:49 am

Jastany clumsily opened her rook sack and pulled out a long, white ribbon which she wrapped around the palm of her hand. She climbed to her feet and began to pace back and forth.

"I'm from a large Elven community from the East. I am not allowed anywhere near it ever again." She stopped pacing and turned on the balls of her feet.

"As for my name," she said pointedly, "It depends on the formality of the situation. Generally it's just Jastany. However, when concerning a somewhat more formal situation, I perfer Jastany-Elizabeth."

She dug into her rook sack a second to pull another ribbon, this on red. She wrapped this one around her other palm.

[YouSuck=] BBECCA
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ChaoticFox on Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:06 pm

Smiling impishly Altan said "Now what would cause the Elfs from your village to banish you? Something serious I'd suspect. Now what are those ribbons for? Are they important in some way? I'm sorry if I'm asking to many questions, I do that sometimes."

"I'm surprised that you didn't notice my wings. Thats normally what people see first.", while saying this Altan unfolded his wings letting them stretch to there full wing span of about ten feet. "Not everyday you meet some one with a set of wings. The same could be said about an elf in these parts."

ChaoticFox
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby [YouSuck=] BBECCA on Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:21 pm

Jastany nodded. "I had noticed. I chose to be polite and not say anything about them. I can understand not exactly being normal. See, I'm an oximoron." She paused a second and began to pace back and forth. "I don't mind that you ask many questions- it's a search for knowledge and proves your intelligence."

She held up her left palm. "The red ribbon is for my father." She held up her right palm. "The white ribbon is for my mother. Each strand was made from the clothes they happened to be wearing the night they died. So, yes I wager they're very important."

"And as to why I was banned from the community. Let's just say it was because of a series of rather unfortunate events. All of which happened simultaneously at the biggest, most important festival we have and also as a result of sheer clumsiness." She didn't want to go much into detail. It was very embarassing and she didn't want to relive it.

[YouSuck=] BBECCA
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ChaoticFox on Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:06 am

"So, I'm going to go off on a limb and say that your only half elf. There are very few full elfs that are clumsy. Why don't you ask questions? That bothers me a little bit. It's very strange for and elf even a half elf not to ask questions." Altan smiled hoping that it sounded a bit sarcastic. "I don't know what possess me to ask, but have you ever seen or heard of a shifter before?"

ChaoticFox
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby [YouSuck=] BBECCA on Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:40 am

Jastany shook her head. "I've never heard of shifters. I never learned much from other people." She stopped pacing. "Everything I know, I learned either from 'trial-and-error' or from studying them in books. That's probably why I don't feel compelled to ask many questions." She gave him a funny look, "but if you want to me to ask you questions... Are there many of you?"

[YouSuck=] BBECCA
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!