Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

A New RP Idea-Aelariah (Now Accepting)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

A New RP Idea-Aelariah (Now Accepting)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kædai on Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:06 pm

..::AELARIAH::..

So, this idea has been bouncing around in my head for a couple of days, and I know it needs work. BUT! As far as I know, this has never been done before, at least not in this medium. So, here's the idea.

It's starts out simple, everyone makes a very simple Character Sheet, guided by a few rules. Example:

Name: Kaedai Mikailo
Appearance: Kaedai has all of the traits of a regular 10-year-old boy. He is not muscular, but is not gauntly. His skin is tan, and he has bright blue eyes. His hair is a dark brown, and is usually worn short.
Personality: Loves to have fun and be with friends.
Biography: Kaedai has been living in Maelorn Village since his birth, and helps his parents around their small hut doing miscellaneous chores.

From there, you would start the RP in a...probably like a village setting of a Fantasy Theme (y'know...elves, magic, all that), so everyone can get to know each other. As the story progresses, your character actually ages and has more added on to his/her Character Sheet. Now, this idea would include timeskips, but nothing like 10 years. Like...maybe six months or so. Probably less. So, two years later, the Character Sheet would look like this:

Name: Kaedai Mikailo
Appearance: Kaedai has all of the traits of a normal 12-year-old boy. He is a little muscular, but not overly so. He has very tan skin and bright blue eyes. His hair is dark brown, and is usually worn short. He has a scar under his right eye.
Personality: Loves to have fun and joke around. Also loves to be with friends, but also has those "Lone Wolf" times.
Biography: Kaedai has been living in Maelorn Village since he was born, and since he was 10 has been helping around the village. His father has also taught him the basic needs for survival in the wilderness, and they have been hunting together many times.

As you can see, Kaedai's profile has grown. The story would continue on like this until around 20/24, when a main plot line would come into play. As the characters go about that, they continue growing, until the plotline is over. At that point, there are two main options. The first, and one I hope doesn't happen, is that the RP ends, people go home, end of story. The second, and really more fun, option is to continue the character's lives until they have kids, and then the process starts all over again.

I'm just looking for some feedback on this idea, and don't hesitate to tell me something that I left out. Oh, and if you're wondering: "But Kaedai, you are already in enough RPs!" I know, this RP will not go into effect until...probably
when school starts, when I have a more regular schedule.

..::UPDATES::..
6/30/08

Now accepting Character Profiles. See sheet below.
Name:
Age(Up to 16):
Appearance:
Personality:
Bigraphy:

The entire three islands are collectively called Aelariah[Aee-lah-reeah]. The one you start on is called Maeloor[Maee-lor]. The only village on the island, where you start off in, is called Maeloor-Ai[Maee-lor-aee]. You must have a family, but they do not have to come into play anywhere.

7/12/08

Timeskip: 4 Years. Changed Character Sheets and added more to Maeloor. All previous members, send me PMs with new Character Sheets.
Last edited by Kædai on Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:43 am, edited 4 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kædai
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: A New RP Idea

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kronos on Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:10 pm

Its... Its... like... Life...? Sometimes I think RP's are too close to Real Life...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kronos
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kædai on Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:11 pm

Well, remember, this would be in a fantasy setting. Like, magic, elves, all that. Lemme add that in there really quick...

Kædai
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ottoman on Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:16 pm

Would there be like... wars? Like, you could get drafted, and you return years later and no one recognizes you! Teh ANGST! OMG! *gasp*
But, interesting, also as Kronos pointed out, much like life.

Ottoman
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kædai on Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:18 pm

Hm...Maybe. That might be a part of the storyline, but as I said, I really don't have that down yet. What I have come up with is that there would be a war, but that's it, basically.

Kædai
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ottoman on Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:57 pm

Kewl. 8)
Let me know when you've ironed out the wrinkles, I'll be happy to join!

Ottoman
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy Greeter Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kronos on Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:59 pm

If it's a war main plot, Can we bump the tech up to Napoleonic? Or maybe Renaissance?

Kronos
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ottoman on Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:02 pm

I would've been hoping Industrial-Age/WWI era, but Enlightenment would be cool.
Though I've always been fascinated with 15/16th century warfare.

Ottoman
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kædai on Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:02 pm

Well, the tech isn't like...stoneage. I mean, they have armor and siege weapons and stuff. But remember, this is a Fantasy RP, not real-world. There has to be that...non-real world part of it. So, maybe there will be some similarities, but probably not many.

Kædai
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ottoman on Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:05 pm

What's wrong with having Elves fighting side by side with Humans in the assault on the Somme? Personally, I find that idea interesting...
Non-Real world? Wha'dya mean?
Sorry if I'm seeming anal, I'm just curious. :B

Ottoman
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kronos on Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:06 pm

But it doesn't have to be Medieval fantasy, and remember, the Middle ages were mainly the result of the collapse of the Roman Empire, and that didn't happen in this RP? We want 16th Century!

Kronos
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ottoman on Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:11 pm

[froth]I WANNA SLAUGHTER SOME CARIBS![/froth]
Conquistadores! ^^

Ottoman
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kædai on Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:47 am

Ok, so here's the beginning of the plot, thanks to you guys.

When the characters reach age 20-24, a great war would break out in the land. Soldiers would come to their village and recruit them for their country. Boys ages 16-?? would be drafted, I don't know if girls would or not. ('Course, it's a blessing if they even join the RP. :P) The men would leave for...well, since it's a great war, I'm thinkin about twenty years, then some would come back, others wouldn't. From there...I don't know.

Suggestions welcomed greatly. :D

Oh, and this RP wouldn't take place on Earth. Well, not the Earth we know. Think...Like TES IV: Oblivion kinda world. There would be armor, swords, siege weponry, and magic (Maybe).

Kædai
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ottoman on Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:02 am

Can we at least advance to the point where there are Hand Canons and Caravels and-and-and Conquistadores?

Ottoman
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kædai on Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:06 am

-.- Why though? They just seem so...bulky and not fantasy-ish. But...I might, MIGHT allow hand cannons and pistols (What are Caravels? :?). MIGHT.

Kædai
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ottoman on Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:32 am

A Caravel:
No Conquistadores? Y.Y

Ottoman
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kædai on Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:38 am

No. No conquistadors, but the ships...Those could add to the story. Like your village is on an isolated island, and the soldiers come and...yeah. There could be two other REALLY big islands that would be the two opposing countries...and you would have to sail for weeks to get to the other. Hm....That sound good?

Kædai
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ottoman on Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:44 am

M'kay.
Sounds good. When're we gonna start?

Ottoman
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MEGAcya on Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:45 am

Seems like a really good idea, I'd totally be up for an RP like this...
My roleplay fighting skills are pretty much non-existent..I'd be willing to learn though!
the epic girlies,,
{} lari && lauren && becky && laurie && illy && sessi {}

MEGAcya
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kædai on Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:34 am

Ottoman: Like I said, I don't think it'll start anytime soon, but I'll see when it can.

MEGAcya: Lol. Well, fighting is the latter half of the story. The beginning will be a good practice for those who want to brush up on their non-fighting skills, although we will have training and run-ins with wild animals. So it's not ALL talking. :P

Kædai
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!