Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

OOC: Jeunne Sorcellerie

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

OOC: Jeunne Sorcellerie

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DĂ€monmensch on Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:59 pm

Setting: Zauberei
A castle hidden in the mountains of Salbei, a densely forested island.
Time Period: A medieval era
Genre: Literary Fantasy

Everyone gets some training in all fields of magic, however you will advance much further in your guild's field. Kind of like college. Everyone has to take gen-eds, but only those in your major take the same advanced courses as you. We will start out just doing classes, to help build back story and character relations. After everyone gets comfortable in it, something more interesting will happen. Keeping what that something is a secret for now. Also you may have more than one character. I just urge you to make sure you properly distinguish between them in your posts.

We will be needing not only students but teachers as well.

Backstory:

This is a tale recorded by a few of the students at Zauberei, a school for young sorcerers, wizards, and mages alike. Primarily male students, however within recent years female students have begun to be accepted. There are five separate guilds within the school. Students are separated by their strengths. There are those who dwell in curative magic, they reside in the Heilig Guild. Those in the Dunkel Guild deal with destructive magic. The summoners are apart of the Tier Guild. The enfeeblers live within the Schmerz Guild. And those who wield supportive magic are apart of the Verteidigung Guild. Despite being separated members of each guild do learn aspects within the others. However their main focus is within their own guild's strengths. This school of magic is open to human students only.

The world outside is in constant turmoil. For millenia there has been conflict between the arrogant expansive humans and the "fairy folk", as the humans call them. These peoples include the races of Elves, Dwarfs, Dragons, Fairies, and the like. The reason the human race is expanding so rapidly and moving into the territories of the others is simple. The human race itself is multiplying at an alarming rate. Both groups have been involved in various conflicts over the years, although nothing has caused it to escalate into full blown war, but lately more and more students are heading out for various missions for the school. Even the students sense that something is about to happen...

Please include all the below information when posting your character for approval.

Name:
Weapon:
Guild:
Description:
Personality:
Background:

Oh yes and the Rules:

1. No Godmodding, I know it's said a lot but it's just that important.
  2. ALL, and yes I mean all, posts must meet the green mark of approval. It must meet this criteria, excluding reposting of the person you're interacting with's actions. Believe me, if I feel I have to, I will check.
  3. Try to make things as realistic as possible. Yes I now if's a fiction fantasy RP but act as in a matter to make it seem as realistic as possible. We want to believe what is going could of actually happened.
  4. No controlling another person's character. Only I can do that and will only do it on the most extreme of situations, like for example, they go away without warning for an extended period of time. In which case I promise to do so as closely to how you played them as I can.
  5. Please try to maintain proper English grammar and spelling. Yes I know not all of us are naturally English speaking. All I ask for is to try, and to spell check and proofread your posts.
  6. Please try to be as descriptive as possible. This applies to everything, but especially your self created spells. I don't want any "casts fire on so-and-so" I would prefer more along the lines of "finishes the incantation as a ball of fire erupts in his hand. He throws it at so-and-so causing them to erupt in flames" Obviously unless it's a minor NPC that last part of it automatically hitting shouldn't be there.
  7. Remember your characters are humans and mortals. Therefore they can get hurt; physically, mentally, and emotionally and they make mistakes and fail from time to time, this includes in battle too.

Oh yes and some rules pertaining to the guilds themselves...
  • Dunkel: These are among the most devastating of magic users. They also take the longest of all guilds to master their spells. Spells used in this field of magic can easily become too powerful, and if the caster isn't focused properly, and disastrous. All fields of magic are effected by the caster's emotions, however these show it the most. If the caster is reluctant, the spell will be flimsy, if existent at all. If the caster is enraged, the spell would be abnormally strong effecting beyond the target.
  • Heilig: Members of this guild specialize in curative spells. Your window for returning someone from the dead is limited, and you may not always bring the intended target back. Your spells also can not work miracles. They have their limitations and may take several attempts to heal more major wounds. Your spells also won't heal wounds differently than if they healed on their own, they just heal them faster. For example, a deep cut that requires stitches would form a scar, this is true even if it's healed immediately with magic.
  • Tier: You can be a member of the Tier guild and not have an avatar, however in order to obtain your first avatar, unique to yourself, your character must experience a personal loss. Members of this guild not only summon avatars, but elementals and spirits of the dead as well. Necromancy, however, is not taught at the school and is highly frowned upon.
  • Schmerz: These magic users cause ill effects on those around them. However they are also among the most limited. Sure you can cast a spell that slows down a target, but once they get far enough out of the area where they were when you cast it, they will no longer be effected. There are many spells that focus on the target and others that focus on the area around the target. The ones around the target include time and space related magic. These include slowing targets down, stopping them in time for a moment, and causing gravity to increase in the area.
  • Verteidigung: These magic users are almost identical to the Schmerz, except they tend to work in reverse. The same restrictions still apply.

Ok we currently have:

Student: (1)
—Dunkel (0)
—Heilig (0)
—Tier (1)
——John Protus [ DĂ€monmensch ]
—Schmerz (0)
—Verteidigung (0)
Teacher: (2)
——Saen of Desiat {Dunkel & Tier} [ SatoDraygonFIST{Tas} ]
——Tharros {Recruitment & Messenger} [ SatoDraygonFIST{Tas} ]

I myself am playing as John Protus
Last edited by DĂ€monmensch on Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jeunne Sorcellerie: A place where magic and war mesh together. Enroll today. [OOC]

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DĂ€monmensch
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: OOC: Jeunne Sorcellerie

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:55 am

I'll take as many teachers as you like, really. If you get no more interest, we could make this a 1/1 rp. X-D

Name: Saen of Desiat

Weapon: A large broadsword

Guild: As an instructor, he is well versed in all Guilds. Teaches Tier and Dunkel. Makes no qualms about his negative feelings towards Heilig.

Description: Tall and wiry with no apparent brawn to fill his frame, one look at Saen and you wouldn't think he bore the strength to wield his blade. He does, though, and then some. Slat-gray eyes are often narrowed in a calculating stare, his long and delicate fingers are usually laced together at his front. Patient. Sports a shock of bright green hair--whether on purpose or from some charm gone wrong, none of the students quite know.

Personality: Although strict (because there can't be much room for screwups when students are blasting nerve magic at each other) Saen is fair, and has been known to crack a few jokes. He has military precision from an earlier era, evident in his posture, his stride, even his pattern of speech. His smile seems fake, though. As though learned from a picture book. There is no twinkle in his eye.

Background: Many rumors surround the man. Word has it that he is not from the island, but instead brings dark magicks from the mainland. etc, etc. I'll work on this bit. X-D

Character #2

Name: Tharros

Weapon: None

Guild: None

Description: Tharros acts as a 'talent scout' of sorts. With his skills in evasive magicks and quick teleports, his job during the summer is to nip around the country and locate children whom he thinks might belong at the school. When the session is in, he brings dossiers to the King and Queen so as to explain progress. He also acts as a bodyguard, councilor, whatever is needed of him at the time.

Personality: A favorite of the students, Tharros is always up for some jokes or games. He seems unable to sit still, and (out of habit) refuses to announce his presence in a traditional way, rather, he will simply appear with a BANG into a room. The happy-go-lucky attitude as he strolls the grounds with students to their classes may or may not be a ruse. No one can tell.

Background: Tharros is perfect for his job as scout. One unnerving thing about him is that his body seems to have a stark resistence to nerve magic. The most devastating bout could strike him clear in the face, and leave him more startled than mangled. For all of this thick skin, Tharros can't perform magic himself besides his teleports and quick wit. Interesting that he should be at a school for magic and warrism, then...

Charcter #3

Name: Geddes Vogler

Weapon: Staff

Guild: None. Director of the school.

Description: Underneath that white robe you'd expect to find a gnarled old man. When Geddes pulls back his hood, you'll find a middle aged sort of fellow with a cheerful yet (slightly) confused expression on his face. He is the head of the White Mage Council, and one of the Elder Mages of the Higher Order....etc, etc. He has a whole string of titles that he would go into, unknowing that you're probably bored to tears already.

Personality: While able to factor complex runic figures and summon monsters from the deep without even a real glance, Geddes Vogler is absent-minded and often forgets if he is coming or going. He is known to be the most powerful human mage in the world, but due to his own morals he doesn't use that power. "If I don't keep myself in check, who will?"

Background: At a young age Geddes was always told he would do great things. Now that he has secured a great place for himself in wizardom, his peers never thought that he would be teaching his arts to a new crop of Know-Nothings every year. Geddes is bright and generally upbeat and cheerful, but when danger threatens himself or his school he will not hesitate to take up his staff and rip the world in two.

I have more characters in mind lawl.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dazed&Confused on Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:59 am

Posted. So i can find this later to make a well thought out character.
Gotta go!

Dazed&Confused
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DĂ€monmensch on Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:21 pm

Ok, SatoDraygonFIST{Tas}, I have no problem with you being several characters, as long as you think you can handle it. I only didn't add several for myself, because guess who gets to be ALL the NPCs =D. Ok so your fist guy, Saen, fact that he's well versed in all Guilds fits well in my saying people learn from all of them, and fact that he's primarily in Tier and Dunkel makes sense, considering how closely related they are. So I suggest making him slightly stronger in one or the other, or have him equally strong in both but not as strong as someone who devoted their entire life to just one of them, like the guild masters. Your 2nd character, Tharros, is awesome, I was planning on making someone similar as a NPC but a full fledged PC is even better. Now here is where I have fault is character number 3, Geddes. Your description makes him seem more of a Heilig than any of the others. Also the school is run by the council of representatives chosen by the guild masters of each guild, so there is no actual headmaster. There is a total of ten members of the council, two from each guild. If you'd like you can either have him as a guild master or as the council representative for that guild.

The council decides on matters dealt with the entire school, whereas the representatives and guild masters govern what is taught in each individual guild itself. This helps keep members of Heilig deciding what is and isn't taught in say Tier or Dunkel.

So I am approving Saen and Tharros as staff.

DĂ€monmensch
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:09 pm

You can null Vogler if you like. He's a character that I've written with before, and I just threw him into the mix for teh lulz.

And I'll be throwing in a few students, too. Not at the moment, but I intend to add a character that yours could interact with, as well.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Tipworthy Lifegiver Visual Appeal Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DĂ€monmensch on Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:24 am

SatoDraygonFIST{Tas} wrote:You can null Vogler if you like. He's a character that I've written with before, and I just threw him into the mix for teh lulz.

And I'll be throwing in a few students, too. Not at the moment, but I intend to add a character that yours could interact with, as well.

Ok so consider him null and void..... NEXT!!!!!!!

I have officially created a map to help people see my vision of the Island of Salbei...

Click the here for a full size version.

I created/rendered the map using Sid Meier's Civilization IV's World Builder feature and then added the text and texture using Adobe Photoshop CS3.

Kudos to Pseudosyne for coming up with the name Tellick and helping me devise the name of Taecall.

DĂ€monmensch
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:16 pm

Wow...

I need me one of those.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DĂ€monmensch on Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:25 pm

SatoDraygonFIST{Tas} wrote:Wow...

I need me one of those.

Sid Meier's Civilization is a game series devoted to world domination. It's a Simulation game. You choose which civilization you want to be, like the Germans, the Aztecs, the Japanese, or even the Americans. Different civilizations have different bonuses, based off history. The Germans have Panzer tanks, the Americans have Navy SEALs and the Japanese have Samurai Warriors. You develop your civilization on a randomly generated map and decide it's path for technological advancement. You can choose to be spiritual, scientific, economical, militarist, or any combination. You also have the choice of certain law types. You can be an Emancipated nation that has Slavery, Theocracy, and mercantilism. You also have the choice of religion, or freedom of religion. They have Hinduism, Taoism, Confucianism, Buddhism, Judaism, Christianity and Islam. So pretty much the possibilities are endless. The point of the game is to compete to become the ruler of the world. And that is your choice too. You can culturally dominate the world, control the most of the world, both population and land, be voted ruler, be last man standing, or be the first to start a colony on another planet.

But back to topic... I seriously hope we can get some more people for this...

DĂ€monmensch
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ViceVersus on Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:39 am

Me too. :o If not, I assure you I am a competent roleplayer.

But yeah...it's more fun with more people.

ViceVersus
Member for 17 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!