Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Portals (OOC & Sign-Up) (Open to Everyone)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Portals (OOC & Sign-Up) (Open to Everyone)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moonblood on Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:36 am

'The portals have opened, the worlds collide'

The portals, sealed long ago, have reopened at the hands of evil and chaos, linking three magical realms together. Portals open all over the worlds open, taking in a varity of different beings from each place and spewing them out into a world not their own. Will battle insue and blood be shed, or will unusual relationships bud and blossom between them. Three realms collide. Who will survive?

Fuedal Realm: Your average Dark Age/Mideval fantasy realm. Most likely where you’re favorite knight and dragon story would be set.

Low Modern Fantasy Realm (also known as Low Modern or LMFR): Basic modern fantasy, where the magical have to blend in with human society. Kinda like Twilight, but the magic is more deadly and less sparkly.

High Modern Fantasy Realm (High Modern, HMFR): A modern realm highly influenced by magic. Say that instead of electricity, houses are powered by a magical source, etc., etc.

High Modern Races: Whatever thing you think would live in a modern society that is highly influenced by magic.
Low Modern Races: Humans, Lycans/werwolves, vampires, etc.
Fuedal Races: Any Dark Age setting demon, beast or magical being you can think up (elves, dragons, dwarves, warlocks, etc. are the common types, but you can create whatever you feel like too.)

There are three basic ‘teams’, Good, evil and nuteral. Only one really needs a leader, evil. This is because someone of evil origins needs to open the portals. The can also be a nuteral evil a.k.a the bad guys that don’t want to have to be under some sort of ruling. Average nuteral means you may eventually pick a side. Just because you pick an allience, doesn’t mean you have to stay in it either. The portal opener is the only character with a spot, if you want to be the one that starts it all, please PM me your profile. I shall decide who shall be this player.

Rules
-I don't care if you write 16 paragraphs or one line, as long as the one liners are for a conversation. Otherwise I would appeciate it if you could all right at least a paragraph. We’re trying to move a story along here. I understand we all have bad days, but please try to be literate.
-No godmodding, I hate godmodding! Hate it! NO automatic hits or dodges. Pain is fundimental in a story, I’m not asking you to be emo, but please inflict some sort of pain onto yourself at one point. Either let another character hit you or hint to the other players that it’s okay for them to hit you in the post or something like that. You ain’t immortal, don’t act like it.
-Swear as much as you want as long as it works with the story.
-I'd say you can be as mature as you want, but I think the rules don't allow that. If it's a group RP, then PM whoever your being mature with. But be sure to share with those who want to see.
-Don't kill other characters, or ruin or destroy the teams they control.
-Post every other day or so. I get it, life happens, just try to notify us if you are going to be gone for a while.
-Nothing Twilight based

Character Skeleton

Name:
Sexual Orientation: (This RP is open to any sort of relationship, hetero and homo)
Allience: (If you want to join the portal opener’s ranks, just put *Evil until an opener is chosen and you will be notified)
Starting Realm:(high or low modern or fuedal fantasy)
First realm you a going to enter: (Let’s get some varitiy in this part people, lets not all crowd to one realm.)
Description:
Clothing: (can be added to the above ^)
Personality:
Weapon of Choice:

Edit: one new rule. Second to last one and also I'd like to let you know that you don't have to go through a portal (you can just put none in the section about the first realm thing). This way beings from their of realm can interact with the newcomers.
Last edited by Moonblood on Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"When a distinguished but elderly scientist states that something is possible, he is almost certainly right. When he states that something is impossible, he is very probably wrong." -Arthur C. Clarke

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Moonblood
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Portals (OOC & Sign-Up) (Restart)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby jakelovesyuna on Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:32 pm

You going to try and reboot it again? why did it die in the first place. I enjoyed the role i played in that RP
I asked my friend what he thought of my drawing, at this is what he said:Jake your drawings make Rukia's look like masterpieces

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

jakelovesyuna
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moonblood on Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:07 pm

I'm working on it. Some speculation has come up with the World of Portals guys, but I'm working on sorting everything out. Feel free to sign up again.

Moonblood
Member for 15 years

Re: Portals (OOC & Sign-Up) (Restart, Open to Everyone)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jazira on Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:32 pm

Is this character alright?

Name: Aranna
Race: Earth Elementalist / Human
Sexual Orientation: straight
Allience: Neutral/good
Starting Realm: Feudal Realm
First realm you a going to enter: none
Description: She has long dark brown hair, bright green eyes, small oval face. She stands to nearly 5'6, and has a lean figure. She wears brown cloth pants tied with a ribbon at her waist. She wears a white long sleeved shirt, and stout shoes.
Personality: Sweet but temperamental at times. Always caring for others.
Weapon of Choice: Depends on the battle. She may use vines and other such living things, or she may use the earth itself.

(( I found a good picture of what she basically looks like - Kikyo from the anime, Inuyasha - http://fc05.deviantart.com/fs26/i/2008/ ... zaskun.jpg ))
Last edited by Jazira on Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
~ Jazzy

Jazira
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ReiRyuusei on Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:34 pm

Name:
Ran

(Or at least she appears that way)

Race:
Desert Nymph

Sexual Orientation:
Straight

Allience:
Neutral

Starting Realm:
Fuedal Realm

First realm you a going to enter:
High Modern Fantasy Realm

Description:
Hair: Stark white, cut short and spiky save for her two front bangs on either side of her face, which are braided and reach her waist.
Eyes: Cat-like, with a golden yellow colour.
Skin: A deep chocolate brown.
Height: 5'11
Build: Skinny, lithe and with very little curve to her. Thin limbs and dainty hands and feet, with a pointy, angular face and pointed ears like an elf, except they're longer and thinner.

Clothing:
A single strip of matieral to cover her bust that goes right round and a short skirt, tied together at the left side of her waist; both made from a cream coloured material which reduces heat being absorbed from the desert sun. Ran doesn't wear shoes but has a single silver anklet; one of many items of silver jewelry, most of which are bangles and small stud earrings. Around her neck is a turquiose, tear shaped gem on a thin but strong silver chain. Attached to a leather belt around her waist and resting against the small of her back is a small tan pouch.

Personality:
Like most Nymphs, Ran doesn't trust anyone outside of her tribe. She is aloof and slightly proud of her species, believing Desert Nymphs to be the wiser and less airheaded and vain than Wood Nymphs and Water Nymphs. She is generally untrusting of everyone who is not Desert Nymph, although once they do something to earn her trust and respect, it will take a great deal of betrayal for her to turn on someone she considers an ally. Ran is also incredibly stubborn and can sometimes be rash when it concerns the ones close to her. Otherwise, she is cool, logical and level headed, especially in battle or when going into battle. Rain is unafraid of most things except being put in the spotlight in front of a large number of people, especially when she is caught doing something wrong because of her selectively short fuse. In such a situation, she is easily embarrassed and prefers to be alone or remain quiet when in a group.

Weapon of Choice:
Ran prefers not to use weapons, instead relying on her physical strength and martial arts to defeat her enemies. Ran also practices Lightning based magic in both offensive and defensive spells.
Last edited by ReiRyuusei on Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Give my post a rate, will ya? :3

Image Image
Feed Me!
Adopted from Valenth

ReiRyuusei
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moonblood on Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:37 pm

Don't really need to save spots, but okay. I doubt the RP will bloom suddenly anyway, unless all the previous players all get on at the same time and want to join again or someone does a mass hypnotisim on everyone and gets them to join. Could happen, you never knwo. Well, consider a spot saved for you, just in case.

edit: Okay, someone just joined. Awsome. You're in.

Moonblood
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ReiRyuusei on Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:49 pm

Thanks :) It took quite a bit of time. Hope it's not too awful

ReiRyuusei
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moonblood on Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:58 pm

Oh no, it looks great. I'm trying to draw in some new players along with some of the originals, so please, spread some word around. The more people we have, the sooner we can start this thing.

Moonblood
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jazira on Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:20 pm

Alright. I've posted my CS. Is it alright, or should I add more detail?

Jazira
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Korobug on Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:27 pm

Sounds fun ^^

Name: Koro Azheal
Race: Half Elf
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Allience: Neutral
Starting Realm: Feudal
First realm you a going to enter: High Fantasy (Can't resist XD)

Description: Koro is 6'2", 22, he has green eyes and brown hair, just above his eyes in the front, but tied in the back, hanging about halfway down his back. He has a fairly light build, very slightly pointed ears, though close enough to the human side that they could be coincedence. He has lightly tanned skin, coming from a desert region of the world, and his skin is a little smoother then average.
Koro carries a composite bow, black in colour, it is almost flat before the string is pulled, but bends back easily. It's made of a rare wood found in the desert regions, growing on one of the very few types of trees that can survive under those conditions, the Desert Carnida, giving is bow the name "The Black Carnida".
He carries an elven shortsword, slightly nooked blade, silver with a blue aura.
He carries three quivers on his back, each housing 20 arrows, plenty of variety among the types. A few of the arrows are devestating in effect, reusable, but hard to gain access to new ones if they are lost. He only has two of his strongest type.
Clothing: He wears a light leather Cuirass, cloth pants and leather boots, the leather light brown in colour, under a tan cloak, the hood usually down. He also has a light brown leather glove on his left hand and a leather bracer with a loop string hanging off it on the right.

Personality: He is caring, loyal, and a quick thinker. He has the mind of a hunter, capable of picking out which targets are the weakest or strongest very quickly, though on occasion is mistaken. He's good at analysing how enemies fight too, memorizing there moves after seeing them once, and capable of copying them almost perfectly after the second or third time (only applying to moves he's naturally capable of, just hasn't learned yet). He prefers quick fights, taking out an enemy from the distance then getting right in their face though he is an efficient fighter at close range if need be.

Weapon of Choice: Composite Bow
I want you to build a bridge... and I want you to make it vertical
~LiberateDragon

Korobug
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moonblood on Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:32 pm

Looks good. Looks good. We still need a lot of people though.

Moonblood
Member for 15 years

Re: Portals (OOC & Sign-Up) (Open to Everyone)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Litria Death on Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:57 pm

Name:Nisu Anusa
Race:angel? white? both?
Sexual Orientation: *om-flipping-j! I so don't know things!!! this chick is straight... my bad....*
Allience: nuetral
Starting Realm:high
First realm you a going to enter: low ;3
Description:*what if I do both? hehe* Has long, satin-like charcoal hair that goes past her shoulders. Has fairly paper-white skin. Has shimmering, hypnotic eyes, and a normal dispostionImage
Clothing:usually picks Lolita dresses *can they be in the magical future?*
Personality:Shy, very open-minded, but has a short temper. Then, the shyness melt like an icecube under hot water
Weapon of Choice:*like the song?* swords
Last edited by Litria Death on Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:37 am, edited 3 times in total.

Litria Death
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Moonblood on Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:37 pm

Meh...I'd prefer if you could describe your characters. If you need to link a picture to describe a hair style or artical of clothing, that's fine, but please, I'm looking around to see if you are willing to describe your character instead of just high-jacking some picture off photobucket. Use your imaginations.

Moonblood
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby demon_d_ombre on Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:27 pm

Edit: Poofed =D

demon_d_ombre
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Litria Death on Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:39 am

I just wanted to show the dress. She wears that one out most. ;3 I really liked it.

Litria Death
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lord-of-Stone on Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:50 pm

i hope this char is ok. :)

name: Hanuman
age: about 35 in human years, in rain monkey years he is 40(they live to be about 300 in rain monkey years, so he young.)
race: rain-monkey
sexual orientation: heterosexual
alliance: good
starting realm: feudal fantasy
first realm to enter: staying in his realm as he was charged with the defense of the citadel by the citadel council

description: he walks sort of like a gorilla, even though he is a monkey. When walking like a gorilla he is about 4 feet tall. When walking more like a human he is about 5 feet 6 inches tall. he has silvery orange fur. his tail is about 2 feet long. he wears light yet durable armor. a small plate of the metal is on fore-arms, upper arms, thighs, shins, and chest. he has 4 eyes, the first set is a little bit higher then a normal set of eyes. the second set is a bit lower. He comes from the monkey citadel of kishkindha, which is a major area for the midieval rain monkeys. The evil that the portals release would directly threaten his people, so he does all he can to stop them.

personality: he is a very fun locing and joking creature, although in battle he is serious. he loves to make jokes and loves to travel with companions. he is not used to being alone, so being in a situation alone with nobody else with him he might be a bit intimidated since he is best with teamwork.

abilities: he can shapeshift, nothing to big, but he can shapeshift. as he shapeshifts, he gains the passive/natural abilities of the species he shapeshifts into. he cannot shapeshift into certain people, only the average looking part of the species.

weapon of choice: when not shapeshifting, he uses a hooked sword about 1 foot 6 inches long, and a scimitar about 2 feet 6 inches long. He also has a knife belt that goes across his chest. the knife handles are specifically designed to his tail grab them and throw them.
“A single rose can be my garden...a single friend, my world."
~Leo F. Buscaglia

Lord-of-Stone
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!