Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Purgatory Remix

Purgatory Remix

a part of “Purgatory Remix”, a fictional universe by LovelyLisey.

A supernatural fantasy where demons, gods, spirits, ghosts, robots, psychics and the occasional alien gather in purgatory. A lot of drinking, zany antics and the inevitable attempt to take over the world. (STILL ACCEPTING)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Purgatory Remix”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Purgatory Remix

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Captain Ivan on Tue May 31, 2011 7:40 pm

May I have a second character? Toth really only works as a, 'Show up every once in a while' type character.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Captain Ivan
Member for 13 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LovelyLisey on Tue May 31, 2011 7:55 pm

Yep! You can have up to four characters. I always start with two characters and gradually work my way up to three or four as I get more of a sense of how the story is going to play out.

While we're on the topic of characters, I should mention that The Fox is a NPC for general use. Just make sure to make him smug if you include him in a scene.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

LovelyLisey
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jack Benimble on Tue May 31, 2011 10:00 pm

Aw man I totally want to make a club called circles, with a DJ Dante Alighieri as the owner.
Fnord.

Jack Benimble
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LovelyLisey on Tue May 31, 2011 11:04 pm

Dooooooo it ~

LovelyLisey
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jack Benimble on Tue May 31, 2011 11:05 pm

Would you mind if I didn't use the conventional character sheet? Since I intend for him to be an NPC and all?

Jack Benimble
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LovelyLisey on Tue May 31, 2011 11:12 pm

Hmmm. Idea! If you want to submit a character sheet for an NPC, just put NPC somewhere in the synopsis tag.

Of course, NPCs don't need character sheets. I'm working on a stand-alone introductory post right now that has a lot of NPCs, and I doubt I will make character sheets for them. Because I am lazy.

People can also make sheets for locations if they want. I'll link to them from the front page. Tag it as location in the synopsis tag. Again, only if people want to. I won't make a separate chatroom, but people can keep it in mind for roleplay stuff.

...haha, to actually answer the question, yeah, you can do your own thing, provided you tag it as NPC.

LovelyLisey
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LovelyLisey on Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:21 am

*shoots the starting pistol*

And we're off!

What does that mean? It means that people can start roleplaying out scenes in our chat! Yay! :D Of course, character applications are not closed and I know that there are some people who said that they are working on characters. Since this is chat-room based, I doubt that character submissions will ever close.

But right now I'm going to sleep. Hope to see some of you guys in the chat tomorrow.

But I don't need to be there for you to start! I probably will be there a lot, as I don't have much in the way of shit to do this week and my summer is not crazy busy. But I don't need to be there. I guess that makes me a lazy GM. I certainly have my plots and plans, but I also think that you guys should be free to carry on your own plots and plans without me.

Nonetheless, I have written a plot post which you can finding here.

The plot post isn't intended as an intro scene where my character walks into a bar and then other people walk into a bar, too. It's a stand-alone piece that you don't even have to read unless you want to. I wrote it mostly so that people have more of a sense of what the current scene/politics is in Purgatory, in case anyone felt like they needed to know more before diving in. My hope is that I will write more plot posts as things develop in Purgatory, just to let people know what's up. For instance, a plot post might be the perfect place to announce that half the city is currently blown up or that the Bureau dissolved or something. (Neither of those two things are things that I have planned, but who knows what could happen?)

Of course, feel free to write your own plot posts too! Just send it to me first, so that I can okay it. Then you can post it and I'll archive it on the front page! Once I figure out how.

A couple more notes about Rping in the chat:

-I'm going to treat the roleplay as if it runs on real time. That just means that if a major event happened two weeks ago, my character might reference the event that happened "two weeks ago". I considered making people adhere to my time zone too, but then I decided that was too anal and annoying. Feel free to jump a few hours ahead if you need to, but please don't jump ahead a month or anything.
-See my post above for how to archive your own locations/NPCs. You do not need to do this in order to make a NPC, but you are free to do so.

That's all, folks! See you on the other side.
Last edited by LovelyLisey on Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LovelyLisey
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shanatos on Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:42 am

I'll start working on a character or two.

LovelyLisey wrote:In the meantime, I'm gonna go watch my Game of Thrones episode and then hit the sack.

Another Game of Thrones fan! YESSSS. *high-fives*

Shanatos
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xfaithyx123 on Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:07 am

Win! I love Game of thrones!!! :3

xfaithyx123
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LovelyLisey on Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:51 am

Yay! Thanks for your interest.

*high-fives back* Game of Thrones is pretty win. The show is great and the books are even better.

EDIT: Figured out how to get the url of specific posts, sooo...yeah. That was helpful.

LovelyLisey
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shanatos on Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:15 pm

LovelyLisey wrote:Yay! Thanks for your interest.

*high-fives back* Game of Thrones is pretty win. The show is great and the books are even better.

EDIT: Figured out how to get the url of specific posts, sooo...yeah. That was helpful.

The next book is supposed to come out in July, and I am excited. It's been far too long.

Shanatos
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jack Benimble on Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:20 pm

Hey Lovely, can someone die in the proper way in Purgatory? Or is it soul-death only?

Jack Benimble
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LovelyLisey on Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:24 pm

Hm. I realized when I was writing my post that I was kind of confused about it, but I think the best way to explain it is that it's a soul-death (which is basically a complete death) but it looks like a proper death in the human world would. Not sure if that makes sense.

LovelyLisey
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Jack Benimble on Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:47 pm

No, no, what I mean is that if someone were to beat someone else with an armchair in purgatory until they had repainted a room in blood and spinal fluid would that person be dead?

Jack Benimble
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LovelyLisey on Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:02 pm

Yes. I mean, a human would already be dead, technically, but they would sort of...die again, because a death in Purgatory means that they don't move on at all.

LovelyLisey
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shanatos on Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:03 pm

All right. Got my character submitted.

Shanatos
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LovelyLisey on Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:14 pm

Ohmygod. Could. not. stop. laughing.

Really want to see Florissa and Edward interact...

LovelyLisey
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shanatos on Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:42 pm

Thanks! And yeah, I prefer doing something in character like first person narration or an interview because I hate "telling" and not "showing".

Anyways...I'll join once I can make sense of the chat on here...

Shanatos
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby LovelyLisey on Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:52 pm

Awesome post in the activity tab, Jack! Is Joseph in the Fox's den, or just some random den of unimaginable horror? Because it is pretty horrible. :D

LovelyLisey
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Tæfarós on Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:35 pm

...I would like to mess with J.J.J. I would like that a lot.

Hi, guys! Finally got one my characters submitted, Lisey, and I hope he's to your liking. The other, a Bureau member, has been slow going, but he'll be up eventually.

Tæfarós
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Contributor Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!