Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Roleplay partners?

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

Roleplay partners?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MartianJusticiar on Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:50 am

I'm looking for people interested in doing 1x1, informal (chatlog/script or possibly short paragraph style) roleplays. My style is informal, character-driven and spontaneous, and for me the purpose of/emphasis in a roleplay is on making characters, stories and worlds that both people involved are really emotionally invested in.

Currently, I'm on an original roleplay kick, and I really want more places where I can use my original characters, but I'd be willing to do fandom roleplay as well. I'm interested in doing science fiction, fantasy, science fantasy and possibly other speculative fiction genres when it comes to original roleplay.

Fandoms I'm into/would be willing to roleplay in include (but aren't necessarily limited to):
-Homestuck
-A Song of Ice and Fire/A Game of Thrones
-Temeraire
-Babylon 5
-Yu Yu Hakusho
-Avatar (preferably around the time of Legend of Korra, but Last Airbender-era stuff could be fun too)
-Crossovers

Hard limits/Do not want:
-Gore
-Detailed medical scenes
-Explicit sex (I'll do fade-to-black, but that's it)
-Plots that are just or mostly romance (I'm good with pairing characters, even when it's canon character/OC, but I like it to be part of a larger plot).

Things I like and/or do (besides making lists, apparently...):
-Large casts of characters
-Multiple plots/subplots going on at once
-Mood whiplash, or at least things being able to be really intensely good and then incredibly sad later if not both at once
-Stories being dark and serious some or a lot of the time without being grimdark
-Taking a canon world beyond the source material, doing stuff with things that are left just implied or completely unaddressed
-Making a character by using a few tropes or other characters as bases, throwing them into a situation and seeing how they deal with it
-Talking over potential character and story stuff (or just squeeing) with the other roleplayer in a collaborative, non-criticism-based way outside of game

I have a few ideas for premises for roleplays, and a few original characters that I can adapt for different settings, that I'll talk more about with people who are interested. I hope to hear from you. Thanks for reading all of this!
"Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you." -Tyrion Lannister, A Song of Ice and Fire

"We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." -Elie Wiesel

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MartianJusticiar
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Roleplay partners?

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Elenore on Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:28 am

Hello, I'd like to convey my interest.
I just sent you a private message - hope to hear from you!
"Everyone who uses the creative side of their brain are that much removed from reality.
They are looking for answers wherever they can find them."

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Elenore
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rylet on Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:06 pm

I'd absolutely love to have a non-dead Avatar RP. Also in the same era.

Rylet
Member for 12 years
Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby S1mon on Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:38 am

I'd also be interested in a Game of Thrones/Song of Fire and Ice roleplay =]
This account is no longer in use
[i]Should you have rp'ed with me in the past and wish to do so again, either new or continue an existing one, contact me on my new account

S1mon
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!