Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat β€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Beast OOC

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

The Beast OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:55 am

Well, Irish Wolf is at it again. After watching Le Pacte Des Loups (Brotherhood of the Wolf for us English speaking people), I did some research about the Beast of GΓ©vaudan, on which the movie is based and decided to make a role play loosely based on the tale but as with most of the rps I make based off of something, I’m giving it a few twists. The attacks from the beast started in June of 1764, in the province of GΓ©vaudan and ended in June of 1767, with 210 attacks resulting in 113 deaths and 49 injuries.

The creature itself was described as It was much higher than a wolf, low before, and his feet are armed with talons. His hair is reddish, his head large, and the muzzle of it is shaped like that of a greyhound; his ears are small and straight; his breast is wide and gray; his back streaked with black; his large mouth is provided with sharp teeth by one eyewitness and it appears he is neither a wolf, tiger or hyena, but probably a mongrel, generated between the two last and forming, as it were, a new species by another source. An anonymous 18th century author gave the Beast the binomial name of Lycopardus parthenophagus (Panther-wolf, devourer of maidens).

During the year of 1750, in the western frontier of the Pennsylvania Colony, along the border with New France, brutal attacks started happening on setters and trapper alike. Reports came in from both English colonists and French traders. Any attacks on the local Iroquois, Delaware, Erie, Shawnee, or Susquehannock were either not reported or fell on deaf years. What few survivors are found babbled about being attacked by a large wolf like creature, with reddish hair and a foul odor.

Most victims however are found, with their throats torn out and partially eaten or ripped open. The setters have either been driven away in fear or franticly call out to their governor for help. A bounty is placed on the beast in both New France and Pennsylvania, dragging in hunters. Both English and French troops are also sent, leading to small clashes along the border.

Alright, I'm looking for hunters, setters, soldiers or natives that are looking to avenge loved ones killed by the beast, collect the bounty or maintain order (borders). Everyone may fight over who gets to kill the beast or if its on whos side of the border, which will most likely lead to the beast being able to escape most easily.

Profiles

Name:
Nationality:
Profession:
Appearance:
Weapons:
Other:

Name: Ross Barr
Nationality: Scottish
Profession: Hunter
Appearance: (feeling lazy, so pics are in) Image
Weapons: A flintlock musket, dagger, tomahawk
Other: nothing that I'm telling right away.
Last edited by Irish Wolf on Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Its easy to be brave behind a castle wall
Twelve highlanders and a bagpipe make a rebellion
A king's son is no nobler then the food he eats

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Re: The Beast OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saint Michel on Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:49 am

I'll do this when I'm sober.
Her fingertips, outstretched, sketched a farewell,
Her eyes, downcast, asked when I would return.
And I replied, "What traveler went forth
Who knew the fate God had in store for him?"

-Unattributed, quoted in al-Abshihi (d. 1446), Al-mustatraf

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Saint Michel
Member for 16 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:54 am

lol, you do that and just how do you always find the new rps I make? Do I just make good titles or are you stalking me?

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Donated! Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saint Michel on Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:06 am

Hey I know you usually make up good ones, so when I see your name as author I usually take a look. Most times it's something I want to do, sometimes it's not. I mean hey, if you don't want me to join I won't.

Saint Michel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:11 pm

lol, no I want you in my rps, your one of hte best players I've had the pleasure of being in an rp with

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:07 am

Alright, I've opened the IC and it can be found here: the-beast-t10753.html

An interesting fact, the Beast of GΓ©vaudan was driven away by a bull in it's first recorded attack in France. So I decided that in this rp, cattle will be driven to attack the beast.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby .dot on Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:10 am

Interesting.

I will follow this rp for awile befor I jump into it.

.dot
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saint Michel on Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:36 am

Hey Wolf, maybe we could move this forward twenty years or so to the 1750s? Cuz I was trying to do research and in the 1730s basically no one really lived out in western Pennsylvania except for natives and trappers. We could have this on the eve of the French & Indian War maybe, once there are actually farms and stuff in W. PA?

Saint Michel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:23 am

suppose so, I'll changed the date

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Saint Michel on Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:14 pm

All right, my life is easier.

Name: Louis Gondan
Nationality: French
Profession: sergeant in the Regiment La Sarre, Fort Duquesne garrison

Appearance: A short man with a barrel chest, crooked pug nose, and steely jaw. He wears his hair long and tied back in a soldier's queue, although years on the frontier have caused to him to dispense with curling the hair at his temples and powdering it with flower. He wears a collarless greyish-white "justaucorps" (coat) with blue cuffs and lined with greyish-white woollen serge, blue "gilet" (waistcoat), greyish-white breeches, all with pewter buttons, and tricorn trimmed with inexpensive silver lace. A red scarf tied about his waist denotes his rank. Around his neck, however, is a small necklace made of wampum beads, a small concession to life in the New World and a gift from his Huron wife Alawa.
Weapons: On the parade ground Louis carries the weapon of a sergeant: a halberd. However, when on patrol or on his own he is a fair shot with the fowling piece he purchased from a visiting trader.
Other:Louis was born in Tours, and raised in a tannery until he was levied into the army. Enlisted in the Regiment La Sarre, he proved to be an excellent soldier and sharp thinker and was soon promoted to sergeant. Heightening tensions between Britain and France saw the second battalion of the Regiment ordered to New France, and Louis along with it. Stationed in Fort Machault on the banks of the Allegheny, Louis met a local Indian woman, a Huron named Alawa, and the two were soon married. Soon after his company was ordered south to the new Fort Duquesne, under construction at the confluence of the Allegheny and Monongahela rivers. There was trouble afoot in those parts, strange deaths and unexplained happenings, and it was the comapny's job to protect the fort and clear up the mystery.

Saint Michel
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:20 pm

I like him, post anytime, while I go find some new fish.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby general kane on Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:35 pm

Name: edward carring .

Nationality:british.

Profession:soldier company leader .

Appearance:
wears

but looks like this:

Weapons: a musket , a sword .

Other: reads books .

am i accepted ^^ .
join the development team:

development-team-recruting-now-t9256.html
________________________________________________________________________________

i went to war to serve my lord .

general kane the man who saved earth.

general kane
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Irish Wolf on Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:42 pm

So he's a Captain in the British Army? And if he is a company grade officer, then he couldn't carrying a musket but rather sword and pistol.

Anyways, yes he's in but please remember, A good paragraph at least per port and the shift key wont bite you, so capitalize names and the beginnings of sentences.

Irish Wolf
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vasa o souls on Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:53 am

Name: Oldet

Nationality: mannic

Profession: mercenary

Appearance: Oldet stands about 5' 5" and is build like many of his Celtic brethren. the burly man wears a tunic and trousers of a dark green. he has a flask on his hip and a musket at his side. he is clean shaven and has a scar on is left arm that may be from a close encounter with a sword

Weapons: flint-lock musket, dirk

Other: speaks Gaelic and english, Gaelic was his first language but he had to learn english or he would be out of a job. he speaks a little french but really it just enough to ask "how much are you paying me?"
Up from the sea, from underground
Down from the sky, they're all around
They will return: mankind will learn
New kinds of fear when they are here

~~ the Carol of the old ones
They will reclaim all in their name;
Hopes turn to black when they come back and
Madness will reign, terror and pain
Woes without end where they extend.

~~ the Carol of the old ones

vasa o souls
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!