Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Down Boys OOC

a topic in Interest Checks, a part of the RPG forum.

Thinking about starting a roleplay, but don't have the idea completely finished? Post it here, not in the main OOC forum!

The Down Boys OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:43 pm

It's time to introduce my newest idea:

The Down Boys

Five teenage boys have recently left their respective gangs based in Chicago, IL. These five warriors will meet in their travels and form the gang known as the Down Boys. Each of the five has one skill that makes them invaluable to the gang (fighting doesn't count.) The Down Boys will do whatever it takes to survive the day, which includes stealing from both people and businesses. In addition, they will tag their name across the town, so that all may know who is not to be messed with. Some gangs will not take kindly to these loose-cannon antics, and will step up in hopes of ending them. Will the Down Boys overcome everything and become street legends? Or will they just become more corpses on the streets of Chicago?

So, that's the plot. I need five guys to play the Down Boys, and they all have to have a skill. My character takes one place, as leader, so that leaves four spots in the gang open. As time goes on, I will add people to the gang. I need a CS from you if you wish to join. By the way, if you followed that lnk I posted back before I revealed this board, you'll find my inspiration for this roleplay.

My character:

Name: Ryan Carr
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 200 lbs.
Hair color: above his spine and brown in color.
Eye color: Blue as the clear sky.
Blood Type: AB Positive
Body Type: His main goal is survival and his body is built for that. He has a slender build with great muscle, including toned arms and powerful legs. His torso is also well-muscled, with stomach and sternum muscle hard enough to take several punches. He is also quick enough to deliver several in rapid succesion. He can dish it out as much as he can take it.
Personality: Since survival is his main focus, he's not very kind. You strike at him, he'll strike back, and viciously. He is cool enough to judge an opponent before fighting, and ruthless enough to beat him with whatever means he requires.
Weapons and equipment: A lock-picking set, two knives in sheaths around his ankles, a 9mm in his pocket, and an Uzi in a sling he wears under his clothes.
Skill: He is an expert lock-picker who can break even the toughest codes,. He's building up knowledge on how to crack sophisticated, technological codes.
Back-story: Revealed via story.

That's all you need, but feel free to add in anything you see fit. I hope to get many people joining up.
Last edited by True_Grave on Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
"]Image

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Re: The Grand Unveiling of True Grave's New Idea

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Seloc on Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:53 pm

Name- John "Tink" Zagar
Age- 18
Height 5'7"
Weight 160lbs
Hair Color/Style - Blound with his hair cut into a military crew
Eye color - A light shade of brown, almost like pale sand.
Body details - John has a short slim frame, with sickly looking bags under his eyes. His skin possesses what we call a computer tan, which is a lightish blue. Like his body his muscles are slim and compact, giveing him a slighty longer reach then most people. He speaks with a faint French accent.
Personality- John is by all means, a loner child. He is very shy of others and his social skills are needing serouis work on. Like his nick name suggests John is rarely seen not tinkering with some object or another. Where he fails in the social department he make up for in Genuis with eletronic and physical problems, He understands things like locks and wires better then the others on his team, and is usually helping them out by hacking, lockpicking, or createing a new toy for their amusement.
Gear - Tink keeps a backpack with his personal laptop in it at all times, a 9mm pistol, bits of metel, plastic, or wires, a toolbelt, and a sliver chain which he plays with to beat the boredom.
"Blood is the International Currency for Freedom" - General Vlacu

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Seloc
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:58 pm

Well, he knows more about lockpicking than all but Ryan. Your character is accepted, Seloc.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Caieng Gatosfyli on Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:22 am

Name: Raver K. Antony
Height: 5'11"
Weight:190+ lbs.
Hair:Dark red, pulled back into a three foot ponytail.
Eyes: Grass green
Body:Tall, lean built. Light tan color. What muscle he lacks in strength makes up for his speed and agility concerning his arms and legs. He is also very flexible.
Personality: Raver prefers to be called Rave and from his somewhat slim figure and thin features, he hates to be refers to as anything female. He will act as one at times just to bug others. He has a fascination with knives and anything relatively pointy or with a sharp edge. Rave is overall friendly and outgoing but should he become mad, his friendly face turns dark and murderous. He doesn't like drug abusers or alcoholics for unknown reasons.
Equipment: Various doctor tools on his person that he stole from various hospitals or bought online, knives, throwing needles and mirrors.
Skill: Knows the human body, funds
Back story: He comes from a rich family but considers himself disowned. He has two brothers and one sister. Dropped out of Med School and doesn't like to spend money on "suave" clothing.
'So much for my dinner. Now his whole system is polluted. Be at least a week until it leaves his cell tissue then he's edible again."-Fang in Night Embrace

We are alone until we accept that company can be tolerated. Until then we stand alone in the streets of Life, unaccepted by all.

Caieng Gatosfyli
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:48 am

Your character is accepted, Caieng.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chulance on Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:59 am

Can I reserve an original gagn member I'll make the bio soon.
Have you ever dreamed of being extraordinary, being able to wield a super-human ability? Tissue Regeneration, Teleportation, Electricity Manipulation? What If I told you could, the way to obtain these abilities is simple. Click the Links.
OOC:http://www.roleplaygateway.com/heroes-heroes-villains-t29924.html
IC:http://www.roleplaygateway.com/heroes-heroes-villains-t29956.html

Chulance
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eventide on Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:09 am

Name: Texas Furl
Blood Type: O-
Hair color: Dirty blonde; rather messy and shaggy because he doesn’t care to groom himself too often.
Eye color: A dark gray often mistaken for blue.
Body Type: Although his lazy demeanor doesn’t seem formidable, especially in his wrinkly, loose-fitting clothing, Texas built his tanned body to last. He frequently goes to the gym to work out, resulting in muscles built for strength and endurance in a fight. He’s not too quick on his feet, but he would rather stand his ground than avoid combat anyway. Scars litter his chest and abdomen as a testament to this near suicidal steadfastness.
Personality: Texas nearly always has a laid-back, friendly, approachable demeanor. He loves just being around people, especially his buddies, who he remains loyal to through thick or thin. If you befriend this guy, it’s going to be for life. Yet oftentimes Texas’s friendly facade seems to be just that—suffering from depression since puberty, a bottle of antidepressants always close at hand as proof, Texas needs to be friendly in order to survive. Spells of acute depression are frequent, resulting in a complete turn of Texas’s personality—he becomes withdrawn, morose, quiet and unsociable. He is also a hopeless womanizer who feels that one day he will find the love of his life and get married—just not today.
Weapons and equipment: He prefers using weapons as a last resort, but he always keeps his silver Smith & Wesson revolver hidden away near him, along with a pocket knife and brass knuckles.
Skill: Texas can make up a story in his head, or an alibi, or just a sheer lie, and make it seem completely natural. His good poker face and an ability to change his personality on the spot further strengthens his fictional tales.
Last edited by Eventide on Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

Eventide
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:19 pm

Your character is accepted, Eventide. Your spot is reserved, Chulance, just make the character. If I can get into contact with Seloc, we'll be all set to go. If not, we'll need one more before the founding members have been established. I like the motley crew we've got going so far, though.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eventide on Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:49 pm

Awesome, thank you. :D
Yeah I like this group, all our characters are different and add variety.

Eventide
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:44 pm

Yes, they do. Makes it entertaining to think of the possibilities.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ayanedoa on Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:02 pm

I am looking to join as someone that is not an original gang member. I know, I am not going to post my character until you have all the original gang members set up and everything. Though, I was wondering about the people that aren't originals. Do they start off in the gang or not?

Ayanedoa
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:09 pm

At the start of the RP, the gang is not even formed yet. It forms eventually in the RP, then takes in members afterwards. The original five are just wandering vagabonds at the start of the RP.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ayanedoa on Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:15 pm

Okay, thank you, I will be waiting. :)

Ayanedoa
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist

Re: The Down Boys OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eventide on Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:31 pm

Will the in character thread be posted here?

Eventide
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:40 pm

The in-character thread will not be posted on this forum, no. I still need Chulance to make a character and I need one more person before we can start.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kail DeWraith on Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:41 pm

Name: Darian "Big Push" Clifford
Height: 6'2"
Weight:243+ lbs.
Hair: black, shaved
Eyes: brown
Body:Tall, broad, slightly cut. Darian is the typical Chi-Town thug. Tattoo'ed up with various art, the most notable are his GD (Gangster Disciples) tat's that cover his chest and the big 74 on his back.
Personality: Darian is a fairly calm individual due to the consistent use of pot. Overly aggressive, Darian will handle problems on any turf in the city, whoever disrespects his side than he will go see that person about their problems. Not one for scrapping it out with people, Darian would rather keep it simple, pull a pistol and leave you there bleeding. On the inside, under his rough exterior, Darian is haunted by his past, he rarely sleeps unless it is assissted by pills.
Equipment: Lighter, pack of smokes, .40 caliber Glock in his waistband and a matching Glock in his right boot.
Skill: Very good with firearms of all kinds and can make IEDs out of common house hold cleaners etc.
Back story: Revealed via story
Last edited by Kail DeWraith on Wed Dec 24, 2008 4:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kail DeWraith
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:02 pm

Kail, your character is accepted. Just need Chulance's character and we'll be ready to start.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eventide on Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:35 pm

Oh no I meant will you post a link to the IC thread here once you create it?
And I see that Chulance is online as I type so we should be ready soon I think.
This is my first rp here. :]

Eventide
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby True_Grave on Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:57 pm

Yes, I will post the link to the IC thread here once it is up. If this is your first RP here, Eventide, then I'm proud to have you along. I hope we can make a memorable first RP for you.

True_Grave
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eventide on Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:36 am

Okay, and thank you, I'll do my best on it too. :]
Also I like your avatar, love that anime.

Eventide
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!