Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

On The Summoninge of... (OOC)

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

On The Summoninge of... (OOC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rimblade on Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:44 pm

Hey, everyone. I'm Rimblade, and I'm well aware that it's best to join an RP before making one, to get to know people, and let them evaluate your skills. Unfortunately, I'm quite shy- so I'm going to try doing it backwards. This is a retype of this thread (connection ate the first attempt to post) so I'm gonna be brief.

This RP is intended to be an epic fantasy- of sorts. It revolves around the events and past of Winstrom Vale, owned by Winhab. Winhab has been having troubles of late, and is offering a large sum of money to entice people to aid him. Here's the information on his situation:

He's been ordered to train a class of young scholars of the magical arts by the powers that be among the master mages, who fear for his health. They also fear for a number of powerful spells, which he has never bothered to transcribe or share with any of them.

Unfortunately for poor Winhab, on the day these magelings come in, the bandits living in the area grow quite bold, harrying him and making life a lot harder for his household. The reason, as it turns out, is the name of this RP- a demon. And I don't mean a little 'Shoot it with arrows until it dies' demon. We're talking a metaphysical tank with chainsaw launchers.

No more information there, though. To continue, Winstrom Vale is located at the north border of the Kingdom of Desthain. It is also bordered by a number of barons, who are quite taken with the lands of the heirless Winhab, Lord of Winstrom, which are quite extensive. As an aside, it is also fairly mountainous and cold, but they don't seem to care about that.

You may enter this RP at any time (the notice is in a number of taverns and shops, and will not go away) and you can take the money and run at any point. You may also be any fantasy character- be a great hero of legend, for all of me. Extra power won't help you much.

I am a great believer in letting a character out through posts, but I do like a small bio. Here's an example:

Name - Tristefan
Age - 21
Height - 6'3
Weight - 219lb
Physical features- Black hair, blue eyes, pale skin. Rather ragged leather armor, with a few steel plates.
Items/weapons- Quarterstaff of no particular power

Magic- Minor charms.

SHORT history- Tristefan is the 'Natural Son' of the Baron of Valcair. He was fostered to a prosperous blacksmith, who was killed during a skirmish of the War of Ascent. He was picked up by a wandering hedge-wizard (in the guise of a bard), who taught him some extremely minor charms before he died of plague. Tristefan took himself off to an order of millitant monks, who educated him. He fled before taking vows. Now he styles himself a mercenary, but he's not been doing well...

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Rimblade
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Re: On The Summoninge of... (OOC)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby riddle on Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:40 pm

I'll join...

name:death
height: 4'2"
weight: 70lbs
physical description: small skinny child, blue eyes and brown hair.
weapons: seemingly empty handed
brief history: after an unfortunate accident, this childs body stopped growing at the age of 7, leaving him trapped in a childs body though he is older. other side effects of this accident left the child with a wide variety of abilities ranging from transformation to summoning to even mild element manipulation. though his body is incredibly durable, it for some reason is highly effected by water, and so he fears it. though his talents are many, it uses up a good deal of energy, leaving him constantly hungry, and causing him to pass out after too much physical efforts. he has recently taken to living in the woods, finding life with too many people is simply too stressful....

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

riddle
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DarkBallad939393 on Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:03 pm

Name : Fayte
Height : 6'9"
Weight : 273 Lbs.
Physical features: Muscular and heavy-built, he has orange hair with black spots, all over his body. In other words a big, bipedal leopard.
Clothes: A spiked shoulder pad on his right shoulder, chain mail shirt, metal greaves, and a left guantlet that extends onto his shoulder up to the left side of his face.
Items/weapons:A belt and bandolier with a broadsword, rapier, and longsword.
(\ /)
( . .)
c(")(") This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

GG Crono 4: "Aim for the crotch" is the best slogan ever.
GG Crono 4: For anything.
GG Crono 4: Ever.
GG Crono 4: In fact, existing products would be SO much better if they used that slogan.
GG Crono 4: "Wiffle Ball: Aim For The Crotch!"
GG Crono 4: "Lawn Darts: Aim For The Crotch!"

DarkBallad939393
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rimblade on Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:25 pm

All's well that begins well! Welcome aboard!

Rimblade
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby UberKryos on Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:45 pm

Joining now!

I'm sorry if this doesn't fit in with the context. I prefer to play the emergent (gains his powers in the story) magical character. If you have a problem with this, I can change it.

Name - Kaine
Age - 23
Height - 6'0
Weight - Edit: 160 lbs (I didn't think about how heavy 240 was)
Physical features- Brown hair, short, spiked slightly. Steel blue eyes. Sharp, pointed facial features. Wears light, black leather armor (for mobility).
Profession: Mercenary/Freelance demon hunter
Items/Weapons: Carries a glaive, named Demon Bane. For those of you who don't know what a glaive is, it is a large circular weapon in which several blade carrying spokes jut out from a central point. Some, like Demon Bane, are weighted to allow for boomerang-like return. Due to its size, it can be used in close combat in emergencies.

Magic- None/emergent

Short history- (OOC: It's a little sketchy, but that's what you wanted, right?) Kaine was born in the small town of Trevant to a cheese maker and his unemployed wife. Wanting to get out into the world, he took up with a traveling mercenary. Over the years, Kaine became proficient in swordsmanship and other basic merc skills. Later, Kaine became irritated with the range limitations of the sword, and began experimenting with hurling his sword at targets. This led to his proficiency in thrown weapons, but it also created weaknesses in his swordsmanship due to lack of practice.

Eventually, his master passed on, being a rather old fellow to begin with, and Kaine began his life as a lone mercenary.
Last edited by UberKryos on Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UberKryos
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rimblade on Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:53 pm

Looks fine by me- and I've no problems with character development. Feel free to post whenever you're ready. And remember- you don't have to start in the same town. You can actually be approaching the vale, if you'd prefer.

Rimblade
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby UberKryos on Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:55 pm

Could I perhaps get a quick recap, so that I could be up to speed on the events thus far?
(On second thought, I could RP a newcomer to town, I wouldn't necessarily know that stuff.)

UberKryos
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby sin sin on Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:24 am

I'm wondering if it is possible to start within the manor of the Winhab, and a mage never the less, a mageling that is about ready to become a master mage.

Name: Real name unknown

Nick Name - sin

Age - 19

Height - 5'8

Weight - 48kg

Physical features-
appearance.jpg
no wings, but those black eye looking balls do exists around her
(38.11 KiB) Downloaded 33 times

weapon-
magical staff.jpg
(18.55 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
this weapons sometimes can amplify the power of the casted spell, but it doesn’t always work.

and the Black eye like ball thingy’s which she calls them Dark eyes, it is a materialized arcane power, it can be used as a projectile and sin can spy through them upon will, she always have 3 of them floating around her.

Magic- a huge range of them, from a basic fireball to summoning a hailstorm, and of course the more powerful the spell it, it requires a longer time to cast and more concentration.

SHORT history- sin's history have been erased from her at an age of 10, which means anything before the age of 10, her memory is blurred, the next thing she knew she woke up in a mage's sanctum, from there, is where she learnt her magic.

The speed that she learns magic was unnatural, it was fast... too fast, she have managed to learn all of the basic and advanced spells within 3 years, and continued to learn expertise magic, summoning, and a specialty of elements, however she choose fire and wind as her specialty, therefore all her fire and wind spells packs an abnormal punch.

Currently staying in Winhab's manor, she is almost always spotted in desolated areas of the manor, like the gardens for example with a book of magic stuck in her face. She enjoys peace as long as it lasts and for some reason she doesn’t get along with the other magelings who got transferred there together, although they have been ordered to find out the secrets of Winhab but sin have no interest of those, she's only interested in magic, she wants to know more and learn more, thus you can find her standing around in the library rather often, reading books that might teach her new magic. Or you can find her in the training ground or large open fields near the manor, when she is practicing her magic, or just relaxing in the gardens sleeping under the shade of a tree.
_________________________________________________________________________________

O.O looks more erm.. overpowered then my normal bios, I hope it's ok

all pictures that i use in my bios DO NOT belong to me

sin sin
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CaeCae on Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:01 pm

Name : Cate
Height : 5'5
Weight : 134 Lbs.
Physical features: Short, jet black hair, pointy ears, pale tan skin tone, pointed facial features, slender lips, brown no nonsense eyes.
Clothes: Greendress underneath a light armor chest plate and armplates.
Items/weapons: A rapier

picture of meee!

CaeCae
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby UberKryos on Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:57 pm

Welcome! Whenever Rimblade gets back on, I'm sure you'll be accepted.

UberKryos
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rimblade on Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:54 pm

Yep, you can be a student- so long as you're careful to avoid godmodding. Remember, Winhab doesn't like or accept you, at least to start.

You two can post whenever :D

Rimblade
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby gygsuelo86 on Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:14 pm

Name - Arlynn
Age - 21
Height - 5'4
Weight - 117 lbs
Physical features- Straight short red hair that falls to the top of her shoulders, bangs that sweep to the right side of her face, hazel eyes, thin. Her outfit consists of a flowy ivory tunic that falls below her knees with a leather corset over and fitted leather gloves that go to the elbow and boots that lace up in the back.

Items/weapons- Bow and a quiver of arrows which she has strpped on her back

Magic- Her abilities are earth-based, the full extent is yet to be seen (not quite sure where i want to take her). Also she can heal others, but she cannot heal herself.

gygsuelo86
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rimblade on Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:12 pm

Feel free to post!

Rimblade
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby UberKryos on Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:47 pm

Now that everyone is asleep, the day officially advances!

current day: 2

UberKryos
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby elander on Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:37 pm

Name - Elander
Age - 23
Height - 5'7
Weight - 185lb
Physical features- He has a stout and stocky build despite his boyish face. His hair is sandy blonde, curly, and just long enough to nearly cover his eyes. His eyes a sparkling green on the outside and shining blue in the middle(He still has a black pupil and white in his eyes) yet as they may appear so young the way he looks from behind them leaves you sensing trials testing his age and surpassing it in maturity. He has a very apparent scar in the middle of his throat as though the tip of a blade once visited it.
Clothing/Armor- His shirt and pants appear to be tanned deerskin. His boots appear to be of exception quality reinforced leather. His leathers appear to have endured much in their years but still very practical to be used. Various patchwork has been done to the leather armor.
Items/weapons-Light travelers' pack made from various animal hides sits on his shoulder. A baldric is worn across his back, protruding from it you can see the tip of a sharpened bone tip spear. At his waist rests on either side of him a bone hilted dagger.

Magic-Very little druidic magic but a few tricks are known.

SHORT history- His mother couldn't have a child so she promised a group of druids near her village that if they could make her fertile with twins she would give to them one of the children once it was weened. A boy and girl was born so the druids of that region, following tradition, accepted the boy since women were not allowed into their order. Here he was raised to live off nature and appreciate nature as well. Constantly trials faced the nomadic people and when he turned 16 he went off on his own living off the land, fighting when he had to, and otherwise skinning/trapping for money along the way. Going where life took him.

elander
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Rimblade on Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:13 pm

Eeep.

Sorry for the inactivity, everyone. I've been pretty sick and could only get on a few times. I'm sorry again. Elandar, I doubt you'll even look at this thread at this point, but I want you to know that your bio is excellent.

Rimblade
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby UberKryos on Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:22 pm

It's alright Rimblade, no worries. Excellence is worth the wait.

UberKryos
Member for 16 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!