Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Straining For Survival~A Medieval Adventurous Tale [IC]

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Straining For Survival~A Medieval Adventurous Tale [IC]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby xXLoVeLeSsAnGeLXx on Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:03 pm

This is the IC Thread for Straining for Survival. Want to read the story or sign up? Go to this link. straining-for-survival-t27656.html We are still in need of characters, especially EVIL and Neutral Characters!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the small hut hidden in the edged mountains, a woman laid on her back on the small cot. Wavy chestnut hair framed her peach rounded face. Hazel eyes stared up at the wooden ceiling as thoughts flooded her mind. The twenty one year old have been up for about an hour now, just laying there. She couldn't sleep. Too many emotions and thoughts were coiling around inside of her. Fear, excitement, anxiety; they were the main emotions that she could identify. She was going to leave this morning along with her brother and angel. She never really been too far from her little hut up in the mountains. Not really knowing what the world was like. She had ideas but never really took part in it. Hell, she didn't even meet many people. It was actually rare to see people passing by. She never really had a lot of friends. The only ones she did considered friends were Caiden, Sky, and Cloud. And not to mention that psychotic girl that have been popping up now and again.

A low sigh escaped between the tan firm heart shaped lips. Sitting up, she glanced over at where her brother lay before getting up and walking out as quietly as she can. She didn't want to wake up both of them up. Stepping out into the quiet dawn, the scent of dew traveled up her nostrils. The moon was low in the sky, getting ready to allow the morning sun to rise. The young woman crossed her arms across her breast as she walked over to an edge. The sleeves of her hunter green dress covered her hands. Her brown leather shoes kicked the pebbles that laid on the rocky ground. She was indeed the missing princess of Nishol. Faith gazed up at the sky at the fading stars. She was nervous about going off into the world. Danger was waiting for her and her brother. She knew she was strong but not as strong as Sky or Caiden. Though she definitely wasn't going to let anyone stop her from taking back what is hers. But...

A small hoot broke her from her thoughts. The white owl perched itself on the princess' lean shoulder. "Hey, Cloud." she cooed as the owl nuzzled her face. Faith stroked the soft white feathers with her soft slender hands. "I don't know how this journey's going turn out... But I'm going to try my best."
Last edited by xXLoVeLeSsAnGeLXx on Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

xXLoVeLeSsAnGeLXx
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Lifegiver

Re: Straining For Survival~A Medieval Adventurous Tale [IC]

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Juso on Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:32 pm

Aeros stood proudly atop his usual spot to watch over the twins. It was a ice capped mountain top just above their encampment. His white scales and color hid him from sight.

"The time has come for you to realize an Ally. One that you have had this entire time. I'm tired of hiding amongst friends." He dove of the Mountain top and slowly descended to the small plains that held their hut. His small bit of hair around his face rustled in the wind as he made his way to the girl. He hoped though she wouldn't fear too much. His race was famed for helping the Demons, and he looked intimidating as well already.

"Fear me not..." He said in a wishing tone to himself as he approached a little closer to the girl.

He was now in sight range. Aeros's fear was to see her running for cover.

((Sorry if this is too early...))

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Juso
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

[I guess it's okayz. ^w^]

Letting a yawn escape her, Faith sat down on the dew covered grass. Cloud hovered over to a tree and began to fluff her feathers. A small smirk appeared on her face as she watched her companion. "A lovely creature you are, my friend." Her eyes closed, letting the brisk wind caress her cheek. "And such a lucky one at that..." Reopening her eyes, she stared up at the sky. She always wondered if her parents ever looked down upon her. Did they watch her? Were they proud of her and her brother? She always wished that she would have at least knew them. Anger coiled in her. It was all that damn demon's fault! He took her parents away from her. He took away the joy of ever knowing a mother's kiss or a father's protection. And for that, she despise him with all her heart. She knew it wasn't good to hate, but how could she not? Exhaling, she tried to calm her nerves. But soon her nerves tensed again, when she heard a voice. Quickly getting up to her feet, her eyes examined her surroundings.

Her eyes narrowed in on the dragon that were just a couple a feet away. Her heart began to race and she felt fright summon from her. But she wasn't going to run away. She promised herself she was going to be strong. Vines began to coil around her arms as she got ready to defend herself. Listening to his words, she sneered. "Friends? Right..." She studied him with her eyes. He didn't attack her but she couldn't just let her guard down. He was a dragon, those who helped Keir. "What do you want?" she demanded to know.

xXLoVeLeSsAnGeLXx
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Juso on Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:08 am

He sighed and bowed his head in respect as well his knees, "I know you don't know me... You should not trust me." His voice was wise and strong. His eyes were closed as to show submission and innocence.

"I am not an enemy. Even though my race betrayed your father. Your mother. The humans and elves alike. Me and my brothers did not..." He raised his head slightly and his blue cold eyes met hers, "Did you ever hear about the story. Maybe your angel told you of it. The story of the Traitor Dragons." He laid down to the ground and lowered his wings as well. Trying not scare her even more than he had.

He waited to hear her words about if she had heard about the dragons.

Juso
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CriminalMinds on Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:18 am

The Prince slept soundly that night, despite everything that was going on, despite him knowing that he was to be a leader and had to defeat Keir, along with his sister and guardian angel. The young Prince wasn't worried though. He would do this and lead people to defeat the evil that his kingdom had become. It's what his parents would have wanted and then they wouldn't have died for nothing.

He stirred from his sleep as he sensed something out of the ordinary. Something wasn't completely right. Opening his eyes, Caiden looked around before panicking. Faith was gone. In the distance he could hear muffled voices, one that he was certain, was Faith's. Getting up, he didn't bother to get fully dressed, only in a ragged pair of pants that he used for sleeping. On his way out of their shelter, he grabbed his sword, and headed towards the voices. He knew he should have woken Sky, but at the same time he wanted to prove to himself that he didn't need his angel with him all the time.

When Caiden finally found Faith, he growled and raised his sword, automatically getting a shield of protection around him and his sister. "Stay away from us, or I'll kill you." He threatened, glaring at the dragon.

CriminalMinds
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Juso on Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:31 am

The dragon bowed his head quickly in respect at the sight of the Prince, "Your majesty please forgive me for intruding. I am no foe. No enemy of yours." He tried his best to assure the boy that he was an Ally, but saw that as unlikely turn of events. His heart only hoped either they would listen to his story, or the angel would come an explain things.

"Please. Allow me to tell my story. It is true to the letter and the word. The story of the Traitor Dragons. The story of my own family." He said with his eyes still bowed in respect not making any move that might ensue he was a threat.

"My name is Areous Hersoin Kutse of the Crystal Dragonflight." He said with a sense of pride, but no enough to give any wrong messages. At this moment anything could set this into a twirling bundle of hate and war between them and all these years are to go to waste.

Juso
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Script on Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:35 am

Back in the hut, Sky yawned and stretched. Hmmph, it was far too early in the morning for this 'waking up' nonsense, whichever of the twins had woken him up this time was going to get a good talking to. As he rolled over to look over at the two and identify the trouble maker his breath caught and he sat up with a start, braining himself on an inconsiderately placed bed.

"Ow! Dammit!" he cursed, rubbing his head and dragging himself drearily to his feet "Where the...?" he began, blinking sleep out of his tired eyes and shaking himself fully awake. He heard voices from outside, and narrowing his eyes he reached down to grab his bow, forming an arrow in his hand and nocking it.

He emerged from the hut warily, ready for anything from a vicious squirrel to the demon overlord himself, and when he saw the dragon his eyes narrowed further "Take several steps back, and explain yourself. Before I decide that it's better not to risk it." he called, advancing to put himself between the twins and the dragon.

Just as he was about to deliver another warning, a cry of glee came from the direction of the woods, and in a flash of pink frills, Naia threw herself at the dragon "Oh! A dragon! One of my majestic pets no doubt come to deliver news of my kingdom!" she exclaimed, clinging to Areous' neck "What news of my kingdom noble dragon?"

Sky sighed in exasperation "Nai... Princess, please get away from the dragon, we don't know if he's on our side yet, he could be an enemy." he said, shaking his head. Naia turned up at the most inconvenient moments...
Image Image

(03:04:15) Lialore says: I wanted to be the poo.

Script
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Cult Leader Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Juso on Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:51 am

Aeros looked surprised and then looked down at the girl that now hugged him, "Wha-?" His voice was curious and still had a wise tone to it. He nudged her away gently with a claw and looked to the Angel, "Listen... I fight for the Humans. I fight for the royal family. I fought for the King on his last stand..." He looked up and stood his wings now full span, "I am a Crystal wing. A dragon of noble blood. Surely you have heard the story. Maybe you even saw it yourself. nearly 20 years ago..." His eyes studied the Angel with ease and hope.

"The dragons that came to the palace of the Human king. The Dragons that fortold of the invasion of Hell and fought along side the Humans and Angels on their last stand. Please. Do you remember?"

His heart felt scared that they wouldn't remember that they would turn against him.

Juso
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Script on Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:29 am

At being pushed away, Naia's eyes widened with outrage "How dare you treat a princess in such a dismissive manner! When I get home I will report you and have you punished accordingly for such impudence, you scale faced brute!" she yelled, drawing herself up to her full height and glaring at him, her pink frills making her somewhat less than imposing no matter how angry her glare was.

"Just come over here Naia, don't cause a fuss or he might do more than push you away." Sky said, shaking his head in exasperation. That girl would get herself killed before long if she didn't pull herself together. "How can I be sure you are who you say you are? I am aware not all dragons opposed the King and Queen, but how can you prove you are one of them? I can't just take you at your word."

Huffing and scowling like there was no tomorrow, Naia stormed over to Sky and the twins, muttering angrily about impudent dragons and what she would do to anyone that impudent when she got into power. "Just shoot the knave and be done with it!" she snapped, folding her arms and glaring daggers at Aeros "Nobody that rude could be of noble blood. He is obviously lying." she said, sniffing contemptuously.

Sky rolled his eyes, "And you can be quiet. We do not need your contribution in this, 'your majesty'" he said, ignoring Naia's squeal of outrage at the sarcastic way he said her supposed title. "Now, dragon, I'm going to need some sort of proof before I can accept your story, as I said."

Script
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Donated! Completionist Arc Warden Party Starter Contributor Lifegiver Cult Leader Tipworthy Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Juso on Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:37 am

Aerous nodded accordingly and laid down once again.

"Do you trust me enough for you to approach me?" He said with his eyes slitted slightly to show submission, "If you do trust me enough, the proof lies within my eyes. Every dragon is born with eyes like their ancestors and the crystal flight had that of a flawless diamond in their eyes." He laid his head flat on the ground and awaited to see if the Angel would do it. To see the diamonds held within his large eyes.

"If you trust me... You shall learn the truth." His wise voice accented slightly.

((Kinda short :( ))

Juso
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Script on Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:00 am

Sky raised one eyebrow "Trust you enough? No. Confident enough I can handle things if you try anything funny? Yes." he said, lowering his bow slightly before walking forwards warily, his boots sounding softly on the ground as he approached. When he got close enough, he peered into the Dragon's eyes, and saw that he did indeed possess the diamond eyes of the crystal flight. "Well, you're telling the truth about your heritage, and so I'll trust you enough to not have to point my bow at you constantly. The question remains as to why you are here though." he said

"Pah! If I went around trusting people because of the colour of their eyes I'd most likely be dead by now!" Naia exclaimed "I still say he's a scale faced brute who needs to learn respect for the proper authority!" she ranted "If anyone showed that much disrespect to me that wasn't as big and brutish as him I'd slap them!" she said, scowling angrily.

"Don't mind her, she's a bit, well... she isn't all there, if you get what I mean." Sky murmured to Aerous, chuckling "She isn't really a princess, but it is best to humor her." he said, shrugging. Though to others it might appear that Sky had accepted Aerous' story, he was still wary, and ready to act at the slightest need.

Script
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years

Raising an eyebrow at the dragon as he spoke of the Traitor Dragons, the vines around her arms began to slither back along the ground. She knew that not all dragons were evil but most of them were. Before she could speak, her brother Caiden had appeared and stood before her with his protective shield. Her eyes narrowed on her brother before mumbling, "I don't need your help right now...." She looked around her brother at the dragon and noticed him lay down. That was strange. Any dragon approached by a threat would have charred him into barbecue prince. He's not here to attack us... Beginning to walk around her brother, Sky had appeared. She grunted something under her breath. She was perfectly handling this situation and now they butting in. Glaring at the back of her angel, she tried to speak up for the dragon but were words were invisible. I can handle this on my own...

Her eyes examined the dragon. He still wasn't attacking them. Standing by her brother's side She listened to Sky and the dragon, Aeros. A small giggle escaped her when the psychotic girl, Naia had basically glomped onto Aeros neck. It was always funny when she pops up. Faith never really knew when though but it seems that she always pops up when no one expects it. Watching Sky approach the dragon, she heard him point out that he was part of the Crystal Flight. Stepping up, she spoke up. "Well apparently he's here to help us. If you two weren't ready to blow his head off, he could have explained it." Cloud flew over to her master and perched herself on her shoulder, examining the humans.

xXLoVeLeSsAnGeLXx
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CriminalMinds on Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:22 am

Caiden came in all protective at this point. "Just because you think that you can protect yourself, doesn't mean you don't need protection." He told her. "One day, going off without us will get you killed and if you hadn't noticed already, we have a mission to do. Neither of us can die just yet." He informed his sister, despite knowing that she knew that already.

When Naia had appeared, Caiden rolled his eyes. He almost hated the girl. She was stupid. She wasn't a princess and she needed to grow up and stop acting like a spoiled brat. God knows where she'd come from, but she'd obviously fallen and hit her head on the way, because she was just deluded. Seriously deluded.

"Naia, shut up. You're not a princess and if that Dragon wants to, he can kill you in a second. And too be honest, I wouldn't stop him." The young prince told her. Of course, he would, but she didn't need to know that. Caiden loved winding her up and teasing her, refusing to treat her as this princess she claimed to be.

CriminalMinds
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Lifegiver Tipworthy

Hazel eyes glared at her brother, listening to his words. "If I need help, I will ask for it...But til that day comes, I will do just fine without your protection." She grunted, crossing her arms across her breasts. "I'm not the little helpless little girl anymore..." Faith growled the last part. She didn't like being sheltered like that. Especially if she knew she had the situation under control. Fifth teen years she was trained in combat wasn't just to go to waste. In her mind, she just assumed that her brother just thought of her as his helpless sister who will end up doing something stupid. She hated that with a passion and she will do anything to change his mind. Even if she might have to take on a dangerous battle alone. She wasn't so fragile as he thought.

Her attention turned to his marks at Naia. Her eyes widened slightly hearing his words. An agitated sigh came from her as he teased the poor girl. He knew she wasn't all way in the head. And it wasn't very nice to upset someone like that. You never know how they will take it. After the last sentence, she punched him in his naked shoulder. "Why the hell do you like bothering the poor girl? She's no harm to anybody...at least not right now." She scolded him silently.

xXLoVeLeSsAnGeLXx
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Juso on Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:17 pm

Areous bowed once again and spoke with another proud tone,

"I have been her since the end of the war. Since the King feel as well as the Kingdom. I came here after noticing that the humans did not stand a chance even with our help. I came here and stood watch over all three of you for all the years you remained her." He glanced at all of them when he spoke these words and looked behind him as if motioning to something.

"Atop that mountain actually. I watched and guarded you all against all approaching patrols and regiments that came at least a dragon's breath near here.." His voice tailed off as he thought back to all the years he had silently protected the children and thier angel from numerous enemies that would possibly discover them.

"I mean thy no harm. Only my aide in you movement to take back the throne that rightfully belongs to you both." He sat on his hind and boasted his chest slightly making him seem almost majestic, for this was the moment he had been waiting for nearly 20 years. To avenge fallen friends and family. To redeem the throne to their rightful owners.

Juso
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CriminalMinds on Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:45 am

"Might as well stop her harming someone before it happens." Caiden commented. "That girl has got her head so far in the clouds, that I doubt she's even here on this Earth anymore. And while I'm around, you are a little girl that needs protecting, which is something I'll continue to do. You might think that you don't, but you do, and one day you'll be glad."

Caiden finished his speech and smiled at his sister before listening to the dragon. He was still wary. Incredibly wary in fact. He wasn't sure if the dragon was telling the truth, or just trying to get on their side. So what if he had diamonds in his eyes. Where they to trust anything with diamonds?

Looking up at Sky, he wondered if he'd lost his head in the clouds as much as Naia had. "Are we going to trust him just because he's got diamonds in his eyes? That's like trusting Naia to lead an army to defeat Zeir and get our Kingdom back." He snapped.

CriminalMinds
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Juso on Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:00 am

Arous understood how this looked, but he knew that without his help they wouldn't make it nearly halfway into the outlying borders of just even the overlapping elvish kingdom.

"I know this sounds risky. I wouldn't dare just myself either if I were you and we were in normal circumstances, but remember there is a Demon Lord looking for you both... All three of you to be exact. Without my help and knowledge of how these demons and dragons work you wont make it as far as the border north of here." His voice was not of anger or aggravation, but of calmed negotiation. He wanted more than anything to see the glorious Human and Angel Kingdom to rise again. The demons made everything so decolate and hateful. That's not how his Flight was born and he intended to help whether they wanted it or not.

"Either way your Majesties. If you grow to trust me, or declare war against me like my kind has you. Then you shall still have my breath and wing to assist you." His eyes glew a small white light of determination when he spoke of this.

Juso
Member for 15 years

Rolling her eyes at her brother, Faith ignored his words. She was not a little girl and hell, they were the same damn age. She hated being treated as a damsel in distress. And he knew that, she been made that point clear. How the hell will she ever prove herself if she can't even fight alone? The time when she actually wants his help, is the day when poisonous rain pours from the sky. Turning her attention to the dragon, she listened to his words. She step forward in front of her dragon. "Well I say we trust him." she spoke sternly with her hands on her hips. "Aeros already proved that he was part of the Flight that helped our parents. So why not let him help us?" Sh glanced at the dragon and gave a small smile. "Anyway, he didn't turn you into barbecue prince when you came out with your sword pointed at him." she chuckled the last part.

Faith might have been taking a big step making this decision. But if what the dragon says is true, it really won't be a problem if they had an insight of what the demons and dragons worked. She didn't feel like it was trouble with him or a threat. She felt like there was a promising first opportunity to gather an army.

xXLoVeLeSsAnGeLXx
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Script on Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:28 pm

The sound of Naia's palm impacting with Caiden's cheek echoed around the clearing, breaking the level of silence that had formed while Sky pondered his answer. "Never speak like that about me again. As if I weren't standing next to you! I would have thought a Prince would have some better understanding of basic manners!" Naia hissed, "I don't care whether you believe who I am or not, but I do care if you talk about me like some deranged lunatic while I'm standing right here!" she said, and without another word turned away, pointedly ignoring anything the Prince might say in retort.

"You deserved that." Sky commented to Caiden, rolling his eyes "Moving on though, we have to trust someone at some point, and the Crystal Wing dragons did ally themselves with the King and Queen, and so while the eyes aren't a guarantee, they certainly bring him up in my books. You don't know everything Caiden, remember - a dragon's eyes say a lot about them, if you know what you're looking for." he said, grinning "But enough learning, it's too early in the morning for that."

Script
Contributor
Contributor
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby CriminalMinds on Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:43 pm

The Prince didn't say anything at first, in reply to Naia. Instead he grabbed her arm and forced her to look at him. "Listen here you little brat..." He started, shocked still from the slap, his expression showed it and the red mark on his cheek was still rosy. "Don't slap the Prince. I can leave you here on your own if I chose. I can speak to you how I want, and I've chosen exactly how I want to speak about you. So, shut your mouth and grow up." He told her harshly before looking at Sky.

"And I don't care what you have to say. No one touches the Prince. Simple as. You better be correct about this dragon or their will be hell to pay. You haven't protected us for years just to let him in and instantly trust him. For all we know, he might be here to befriend us, then kill us in our sleep. And the blame will be on you, Sky, if that happens."

After his so called speech, the Prince just stormed off back towards the shelter.

CriminalMinds
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!