Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

You're dead, now get to work! (Afterlife Roleplay)

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

You're dead, now get to work! (Afterlife Roleplay)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kira Walker on Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:01 pm

((Please see OOC forum for introduction and character sign-ups --->

you-dead-now-get-work-afterlife-ooc-sign-ups-t8767.html

First person to find the specific reference to an outside piece of text in this post will get a prize ;D))

It was around mid-day; the girl could tell from the bright sunlight filtering down through the glass roof into the huge coliseum, igniting anything reflective among the crowd of thousands into a bright shine, and warming her bare shoulders as she took a solid stance and once again, gripped the handle of her battle-axe with both hands. It was a big weapon, almost too big for her it would seem, but she'd grown so accustomed to it it was easy for her to wield at this point. Besides, she had magic. It weighed just the right amount, at least in her hands. She wasn't in uniform today; instead, a nice, but now slightly torn (Mend that later.. don't forget.. she thought to herself offhand) dark grey tank-top, a nice black belt with silver studs, and a pair of cut-off, and torn-up, denim shorts that revealed slightly pale, and somewhat blood-covered, legs, up until her combat boots hid them. Not the most appropriate outfit for the occasion, some would say, but she liked it. It was comfortable, and that was what she needed for quick movement.

Speaking of.. At that moment, the beast got back to it's feet and turned towards the girl, bellowing in frustration and fury before charging her again. She had a moment before it bore down on her to get a look at it's features: a great, hulking beast, resembling some freakish cross between a wolf and a bear, standing upright on two small legs except when it ran, at which time it also used it's arms, which were muscular and long enough to touch the ground. It had a short, slightly upturned snout, and two long, deadly-looking tusks curved up from it's bottom jaw. The tail, long and whip-like, ended it a scorpion-like blade (the source of the slashes on her body), and from it's head, two ram-like horns. That was ignoring the torn, bat like wings. Very ugly. In her opinion, anyways. It chose that form, so, apparently someone liked it.

She took the image in a moment, at the same time tensing for the blow, and just before the creature could crush down on her with all of it's two-hundred-pound nastiness, she twisted and swung her axe around with both hands, letting out a triumphant laugh as it connected with the beast's exposed belly, leaving a thick gash. The creature was knocked back by the blow, and for a moment looked as if it would attack again. But that hit had been the final straw. It stumbled for a moment, turning to snarl weakly at the girl before collapsing onto the dusty coliseum floor, where it burned away into a haze of smoke. The cheers that erupted were deafening.

Ten minutes later, the girl was back in the main entry hall of the building, her axe resting next to her on the wall, while she leaned against it, taking a drink from a water bottle. "Kira!! Hey, Kiraaa!" The girl turned and grinned widely; her friend Remal was running up to her, looking flustered and out of breath; the poor guy. He worked at the library, and rarely left his precious books. The excitement seemed to have been too much for him. And he was a spectator. She smiled as he made it to her, crossing her arms in front of her chest. "Hey. Like the show?" He grinned and nodded, apparently still out of breath. "That was great! Fantastic! I mean I heard you were good but, you're really good! That was great!!" As he spoke, a tiny cat-like creature, lithe and lovely, poked it's head out of the neck of his sweater. When it saw Kira, it was out in a flash and on the ground, where it immediately changed into a young boy, barely standing up to her waist, with tawny, smooth hair that ran down to his shoulders, lovely, cat-like green eyes, and cat ears and a long tail, also tawny, but with light brown spots. He was a pretty little boy; he almost looked like a little girl. He immediately hugged Kira tightly and grinned; he'd liked the show, too. She smiled and leaned down to hug the boy back. "Kam!!! I missed you!!" The boy looked up again and giggled, revealing tiny little fangs. Of course, he didn't say anything. He never did.

"Did you fill your quota for this week?" Remal asked, changing the subject. "Yeah." She responded, grabbed a hair elastic off of her wrist to tie back her pink hair into a messy ponytail. "The last one was a fighter though. Was in the hospital with his girlfriend... didn't wanna go yet, but you know how it is." Her friend nodded and yawned. It was difficult to feel too bad for these people when you yourself had already gone through it, and got to see it every day. "Going back to work?" She asked, looking at the clock mounted on the wall. He nodded. "Sorry I can't stay." She shook her head. "Whatever. I dunno if I'm gonna do any more fights or not anyways... that last one sucked." He nodded again. "They want to get rid of the daemons they captured on the last hunt I think. You'll get more people in a few days if they keep up at this pace." She shrugged. "Doesn't matter. I don't have to feel bad for killing those things. People I gotta hold back. Daemons, well... they're just spirits." She heard a little agitated mew and glanced down to see Kam looking up at her with a frown, tugging the hem of her shorts. She grinned. "Not like you, Kam. You guys are different, more like us." The little Guardian nodded with a satisfied smile and started looking around the room. It was beginning to fill up again, the next match would start soon. The people who had seen her fight waved, and Kira waved back; she knew most of them.

"Well, see you later." She waved and nodded with a grin and watched Remal leave. "Back to his precious books, eh. Weird guy." She took another gulp of water as Kam nodded, his expression bewildered.
No, I'm not the girl your mother warned you about.

Her imagination was never this good. <33

:: Y'all heard about Mary-Jane?
She's my main thing.
She makes me feel alright;
She makes my heart sing. ::

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kira Walker
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: You're dead, now get to work! (Afterlife Roleplay)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DCLXVI on Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:19 am

Show off... Simon thought as he scowled at the girl who had just beaten that thing to a pulp. She was standing next to a little kid.
"You know, Simon, if you could do that, everybody could do it. And it certainly wouldn't be special."
"You don't need to rub it in. That and the fact that you can read minds..." Simon muttered to the tall man at his side. He scowled up at the tall man, who sighed.
"If you could fight as well as you give death glares, kid..."
"If I had a dollar for every time you've said that..."
They didn't need to finish, because they had had this conversation too many times since Simon's death. "Have you---" Simon started.
"No," the man said flatly. "I still haven't seen your mother, or your brother. I tell you, they're probably in a better place."
"Thing is, Paul was just like me, only smarter. What are the odds?"
"Well, if he was smarter than you, he probably repented before dying."
"Where he is, Jasper---"
Oh, no, not this again, thought Jasper.
"Is in a coma, in a hospital bed," Jasper said exasperatedly. "If I've told you once I've told you a thousand times, Simon. You. Are. Dead. End of story." Simon shrugged.
Whatever.

[[Kira? I thought your character's name was Riqa.]]
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DCLXVI
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kira Walker on Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:02 pm

((OOC: Mistype. Oh dear. I'm too used to being Kira. I'll be changing profile, 'cause I'm gonna mess it up again xD))

"We should get going Kam.. I don't feel like doing any more." The little catling frowned and crossed his arms, apparently unsatisfied with that answer. She looked down at him, raising an eyebrow, unsure as to why he was upset, then she remembered. She tapped her hadn't against her forehead lightly, as if reprimanding herself. "Riight. I told you you could fight with me today, didn't I?" His face lit up and he grinned with a nod, before quickly making himself grow a bit, showing large fangs and claws, trying to make himself look more threatening. Of course, since he was still in the body of a catling kitten, it was a bit of an epic failure. She laughed and reached down under the child's arms; as she did so, he smoothly transitioned into a small, lithe, winged cat, and made his way up to her shoulder, where he rested. "Alright then. One more. Let's go sign up."

She began making her way through the crowd of people towards the desk, the little spirit on her shoulder making faces at everyone else's Guardians as they passed with their Reapers (He wasn't trying to be mean. He was just overly energetic). As she was walking though, she noticed a short guy with glasses watching her, an irritated look on his face. Standing next to him was a tall Reaper, who seemed to be a bit more experienced. Slightly annoyed by the look on the guy's face, she turned and walked over. "We'll sign up in a sec, Kam, I wanna see what this guy's damage is." Kam nodded and assumed the form of a slightly bigger cat, with longer claws and fangs. She smirked and shook her head at the Spirit as she got to the guy. "Uh, hi there." She said flatly, crossing her arms in front of her chest. "I noticed you're looking at me like I'm a piece of dirt. Is there some issue?"

Kira Walker
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DCLXVI on Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:26 pm

"Well, actually---" Simon began, but was cut off by Jasper.
"He looks at everyone like they're a piece of dirt," he said. "It's nothing personal, Simon's just a creep."
Simon kicked him.
"Hey! I always say that, you don't have to get all mad..."
Not in front of a girl, you moron, Simon thought, knowing full well Jasper would hear him. Of course, he hadn't bet on the tall man winking, and pointing at him, saying, "Right."
Simon stepped on Jasper's foot.
"Ow! Sorry..."

DCLXVI
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kira Walker on Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:50 pm

She blinked at the pair of them blankly, her expression quirking slightly as her eyes went from one to the other, watching their commentary. "Uh... right then, sure." Kam has slipped down to the ground in front of her, first changing back into his favourite form, the young catling boy, and was now changing back and forth between miniature versions of the two men in front of them in an attempt to get himself noticed. Kira saw and tapped him smartly on the head. "Quit that." The Guardian turned back into the child, pouting and rubbing his head, his ears laid back.

"Anyways, whatever then." She looked away from them towards the clock on the wall; she had fifteen minutes to sign up. "Why are you two here? Are you just spectators or are you planning on battling?" She glanced back at them, half-smiling a little bit, her eyes almost mocking, but not quite; more simply like she was joking. "What about you, Mr. Creep? You're so awesome, you'd probably be quite the contender, eh?" She turned and faced them again, holding her hand out near her side as her axe materialized again, then resting her hand on the edge of the handle, which came up to her shoulder. "Come on, let's have a match. I'm sick of fighting daemons." She brushed a strand of pink hair away from her face and grinned, wondering what he would say. "You and your Guardian against me and mine?"

Kira Walker
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DCLXVI on Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:20 pm

The young boy with the girl changed into a mini Jasper, then a mini Simon, than back to Jasper again. Is my head really that big? thought Simon, glancing at Jasper, who gave him the "Are you serious?" look and nodded. "Quit that," the girl said to the boy, who turned back into himself. He seemed to be a half cat thing of some sort.

"Anyways, whatever then," the girl said, glancing at the clock. "Why are you two here? Are you just spectators or are you planning on battling?" She gave Simon a look that he recognized, but had never actually been graced with before. Jasper rolled his eyes, feeling a bit like Captain Kirk in "Who Mourns for Adonias?". "What about you, Mr. Creep?" the girl continued, sarcastically. "You're so awesome, you'd probably be quite the contender, eh?" As she turned around, a giant axe appeared in her hand. "Come on, let's have a match. I'm sick of fighting daemons." She smiled, pushing her hair away from her face. "You and your Guardian against me and mine?"
At this, Jasper snorted. "I'm not his Guardian. Well, I've been told to watch him while he gets a new one. That's what we're doing here, actually. Waiting for his new Guardian." Noticing that the girl's attention was still on Simon, Jasper continued, "Don't try. If he doesn't want to talk to you, he won't. Especially since he's afraid of girls."
"I am not!" Simon exclaimed, glaring at Jasper.

[[Are "demon" and "daemon" interchangeable? Because I think you used both in your introduction. I'll explain the Guardian thing if you pry. If that's not allowed, I'll figure something out.]]

ImageImageImageImage
Do you mind me posting these?

DCLXVI
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kira Walker on Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:38 pm

((Er, no. They're not. Demons are something completely and totally different, the people who got sentenced to Hell, and they don't leave there. It must have been a typo, I'll go back and fix it. And okay, I was wondering xD))

"Ooh, he's shy," she retorted, rolling her eyes. She placed her hand on the small boy's head, suddenly looking more serious. "I'm confused. Why don't you have a Guardian? Did you not go retrieve yours when you went to receive your Reaping crap?" She pursed her lips slightly, thinking. "Or have you not been sentenced yet?" She glanced over as the bigger guy, who seemed to be a bit more in charge. "Is he a newbie?" She asked, pointing at the shorter one.

While she wasn't looking, her Guardian resumed changing his shape, making weird-shaped faces, all warped versions of his own face, up at him. One moment he had an enormous nose, the next big elephant ears, the next his head was the shape of a watermelon. He'd found a new way to occupy himself, apparently.

"If that's the case..." She opened her hand, and the axe dematerialized again. "There's no way I'm gonna fight some greenhorn. I mean seriously. Has he even gotten his gear yet?" She seemed disappointed, and she was; she'd been hoping for a good match.

Kira Walker
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DCLXVI on Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:05 pm

"Ooh, he's shy," the girl said mockingly to Simon, rolling her eyes. "I'm confused. Why don't you have a Guardian? Did you not go retrieve yours when you went to receive your Reaping crap? Or have you not been sentenced yet?" She turned to Jasper and said "Is he a newbie?" gesturing toward Simon. Jasper tried to ignore the girl's Guardian. "If that's the case," the girl said, her axe disappearing from her hand, "there's no way I'm gonna fight some greenhorn. I mean seriously. Has he even gotten his gear yet?"
"Oh, he has," Jasper said, exasperatedly. "In there," he gestured at the building behind him, "a committee is discussing Simon's little problem. See, he had a twin brother. And there was a bit of..." Jasper searched for the right word,"Well, someone screwed something up, and Simon here sorta doesn't have a Guardian..." He trailed off. "Well, I just got here a few months ago myself. You have your Guardian through life, right?"
Simon just stood there and scowled.

Last edited by DCLXVI on Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

DCLXVI
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby ~Key~ on Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:45 pm

Angel sighed. Ever since she entered this odd world, she felt like she coudn't seem to find herself anymore. Ever since her death from suicide, she seemed to not care about who knew she was emo. She tried not to make a big deal of people who gave her the 'YOUR A FREAK!' look.

She watched the battle with not expression on her plain face. Since her suicidal experiance, she didn't really get bothered by violence. After the battle, Angel decided to go straight home when she saw the girl that had been fighting. She was actually a fan of her fighting abilities and wanted to say something, but she usually didn't talk with people. She just stared. Angel was kind of jeolous of her, she had the strenth, the courage and the fans. Nobody even knew that Angel existed.
I said, I saw it coming.Where did you see it!? Where did you see it!?Why are you panting baby? Is it to hard to keep up with what you said?From the outskirts of common sense this is extremely uncommon.(anonymous voices; anonymous voices).So many lights ahead, if only we kept our eyes open.(I set my friends on Fire)

~Key~
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DCLXVI on Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:19 am

[[OK, I've been waiting for Kira to answer my question, but that doesn't look like it's going to happen...]]

Several armor-clad figures began dragging a large bear out of the building behind Simon and Jasper.
"Ah," said Jasper, "I see they've convinced him to stay with us."
"I REFUSE! You can't make me!" the bear roared.
"You are the boy's guardian, you have to stay with him, Ranatra," Jasper said to the bear, as the armored men left it there.
"Can't you do it, Jasper?"
"Nope," Jasper said, smiling. "Well, it's been nice seeing you all," he said, sprouting owlish wings, and leaving, into the sky.
Simon glared at the bear, which shook its head, looking at the ground.

[[Hope to get this thread active again...]]

ImageImageImageImage

DCLXVI
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kira Walker on Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:02 pm

((Sorry, I wasn't able to get online at all for the past few days, I don't have internet access at home))

Kira stopped and stared at the bear-creature as it was dragged towards them, Kam stopping his face-making halfway through, so he was left with some sort of weird mixture of his own face and Simon's. That was his Guardian?? It's awfully big. The girl thought to her spirit companion, and mewed quietly in agreement. Kam could take on bigger forms if he wanted, all of them could, but he much preferred the form of this small boy; their desired forms normally reflected a bit of their unique personality. So that meant this one was.. well, possibly quite big and threatening on the inside.

However, Kira and her Guardian had fought much bigger enemies than this, and after the initial surprise wore off, she was instantly filled with excitement. A bright grin flashed across her features and she turned to Simon again, placing her hands on her hips. "Perfect! Now your Guardian's here, so you've got no excuse not to give me a match. Unless you and your bear are scared of me and my little kitten here?" Her voice was mocking, the tones of a challenge. She wanted a fight with another Reaper; she'd gone too long fighting daemons now.

Kira Walker
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sir Hotbod on Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:58 pm

Lin chuckled as she tricked one of the newbie Reapers into fighting with a really strong Daemon in the arena. The poor newbie Reaper was beaten to a pulp, just like how the Reaper before him beat a Daemon to a pulp. So much pulp-making going on these days, Lin thought.

"Wow.. I didn't think the poor guy would get beaten up that badly!!"

Oh well. You shouldn’t trust people so easily.

Lin turned around, her pig tails dangling behind. Her guardian, the green-colored ball walked -- Or bounced right beside her. She had named it 'Bouncy' since her guardian liked to shape shift into different balls and bounce his way everywhere, he even sometimes bounced on people's heads when he got mad. He was a really strange guardian. He made people laugh whenever he threatened them in anger.

After walking (And bouncing) a bit in the arena place Lin spotted a group standing not too far. The Asian girl squinted her eyes to get better view of them. "Hmm.. Maybe I should go there and stir up some drama, what do you say Bouncy!?"

Bouncy bounced enthusiastically in reply, agreeing with the evil girl’s idea and both of them made their to the small crowd.

"Uh.. Hi?" She asked looking at them blankly. Bouncy bouncing beside her.

Sir Hotbod
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kira Walker on Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:11 pm

Kira blinked and looked at the new girl, raising her eyeborw as she saw the strange, round Guardian, her own Guardian watching it curiously as well. "Uhh, hi there. Can I help you with something?" She wasn't trying to sound rude, but she hated being interrupted, and she was just getting excited for her battle. Kam, deciding that it looked like fun and that mimicking Simon had grown boring, tranformed into a ball as well and began bouncing, copying the other Guardian. Kira glanced down and sighed, shaking her head slightly but deciding to ignore it; he wasn't doing any harm.

Glancing back at the other guy, Kira caused her axe to form again, resting her hand on the tip of the handle, around the height of her shoulder. She realized how strange it probably looked for a girl her size to weild it, but she didn't care. She happened to like this weapon. "One second. Make up your mind quick and let me know once this is done." She turned back to the other girl. "So what's up? You lost or something like that?" She really hoped not. She hated having to deal with people who needed help like this; they were normally newbies who had no clue about anything and apparently never understood basic english, so she had to explain things to them over and over.

Kira Walker
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sir Hotbod on Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:40 pm

Okay, Lin. Think, think, think.

Playing pranks on people was Lin's past time. She loved doing it. Because a, she was really good at it. And b, because she really wanted to go burn and Hell. You know, to atone for the sin she committed, just running and leaving her family to die and rot in that fire that was cast by that freaking triad --

Anyways, back to thinking and tricking people. "Um.. My twin sister, both of us are here since we like... Um, were being lazy our whole lives? Or something. And yeah, anyways, Daemons took her and I don't know where she is. Do you guys know where Daemons hang out? I.. Can go by myself but I would appreciate if you guys help me.."

Ooh, Lin was so good at making stuff up. Oh, and pretending, yes. So yeah, she'd make them go to a place with lots of Daemons and probably ditch them when they get there. Her mission would be successful and she would be one step nearer to Hell. She couldn't wait. She could feel her hands sweating from excitement.

Bouncy glared at the other guardian. He didn't like him mimicking his creativity-ness. So he rolled towards the other ball and hit him.

" -- Hey! Bouncy, behave or I’ll feed you to Daemons!!"

Bouncy bounced angrily.

Sir Hotbod
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kira Walker on Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:48 pm

Kira raised an eyebrow and half-smiled a little bit as the other Guardian smacked into Kam, causing him to stumble in his bouncing for a moment before quickly switching back to his small catling form. The pretty little boy hissed at the ball, his ears laid back, and was about to kick it away before Kira put her arm around him and held him, not letting him get any closer to it. "No, Kam. None of that, you know better." The boy frowned and twitched his tail back and forth irritably.

Turning back to the girl, Kira let her axe dematerialize and sighed. So she was just another newbie looking for some help. Oh well. It would be better than sitting around... and it would earn her brownie points with the high-ups. "Daemons are everywhere. That's common knowledge. Lately though there have been a lot of them converging in the Nowhere by the east gate out of Engaia. That's where they picked up the lot they've been shoving into the arena lately." She reached down and picked up Kam as he turned into a small, winged cat again and moved gracefully up onto her shoulder, where he lay down and continued to watch the ball.

"That seems like a good place to start. Let's get going then." She turned and looked at Simon. "Guess you don't have to worry about getting your ass kicked yet, guy. I'm sure missie here won't mind if you tag along, so follow if you feel like it, but I'm not gonna wait around." She turned and began walking out of the arena, motioning for the girl to follow her. "Do you know how to get to the east gate? It's right near here."

Kira Walker
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sir Hotbod on Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:06 pm

Ooh. The more people getting beat up, the better.

"I think.. It would be better if you both tagged along, too." The young girl said turning to the two men and a guardian bear with a frown plastered on her face. "I mean.. They were a lot of them. The Daemons that took my twin sister.. "

God, it was so hard to keep a straight face in all of this. And ugh, this sweet voice that she had to talk in was killing her, it was getting on her nerves. She just hoped it better be all worth it. The whole lying and this effort.

Bouncy glared at Kam, the winged-cat, as both their Reapers started walking. Bouncy didn't like Kam much, so he bounced along his Reaper, keep a close eye on the other guardian. The girl then asked her if she knew where the East gate was. Ahh~ She was such a nice girl. Who didn't know East Gate, I mean c'mon! Even newbies know about the East gate.

"No, I don't.. I'm new, you see."

But you know, this was really fun.

Sir Hotbod
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kira Walker on Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:25 pm

She sighed at the girl's response and said flatly, "Well then you need to get out more." So far, she seemed just the same as all of the others: blank, dimwitted, and clueless. Oh, joy of joys. Kam stared at the ball and stuck his little pink tongue out, laying his ears back again. It wasn't often that anybody bothered Kam; most people just chose to ignore him when he started trying to get attention. So being bumped into like that had him quite riled up.

Can I kill some? He thought-spoke to his Reaper, slightly peeved that he wasn't able to go fight in the arena now. Of course. As many as you'd like. She responded, heading out of the arena and turning down the street, heading east. The shadow of the arena fell over the nicely paved road in this spot, because of the time of day, the huge building casting shade over many of the surrounding buildings nearby. They were all the same; built of light stone, looking clean and orderly and slightly old-fashioned. No one was really sure how the streets stayed so clean here; no one ever saw any cleaners but somehow, every morning, the place was in order. Probably some sort of organized magic from the administration guys. In the back of her mind, Kira wondered if Heaven would be the same way, or if maybe it just never got dirty there.

The walk was a short one; ten minutes passed, and they were standing in front of the vast wooden gate that led to Nowhere. A gatekeeper stood watch, a shining lance in his left hand, his Guardian, a far-too-large armored wolf, sitting contentedly beside him. Kira approached the guard, having been through this way many times already.

"Hey Jonam. We're heading into Nowhere for a little while; some greenhorn got picked up by the daemons." The guard chuckled slightly and nodded, pulling out a set of dark-metal keys. He selected one and stuck it into the large lock; with a twist, an audible click was heard. "Doesn't surprise me with all the sightings lately. Shouldn't be an issue, but be careful just the same." Kira laughed and waved her hand as she walked past him, opening the door. "Yeah, yeah, whatever, like this is even gonna be interesting. See you in a bit." She pushed the door open all the way and stepped inside, leaving it open for the other girl to follow.

As she passed, the wolf-Guardian thought-spoke to his Reaper, his expression unchanging. Have you heard any reports of a kidnapping? The guard nodded to the other girl as well, waiting for her to go through so that he could close the door again; once locked, no one could get through from this side. However for denizens of this world it was always accessible from the other. No, but this one might have slipped through surveillance. The wolf yawned. Yeah, maybe.

Kira Walker
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DCLXVI on Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:40 pm

The bear rounded the corner, panting.
"SIMON YOU WORTHLESS---" it yelled behind the building it had just passed. It caught up with Kira, sat down, and pointed a claw at her.
"You *pant pant* think you and *wheeze* him *gasp* could beat *pant pant* me and that?" it said, pointing the claw at Simon, who was taking his dear sweet time catching up with the bear.
"Ranatra," he said, "They would totally pwn us. Don't go picking fights with random strangers."

DCLXVI
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kira Walker on Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:55 pm

Kira stopped, already standing just inside the gate of Nowhere, Kam sitting on her shoulder idly. She laughed a little bit; the sight of the huge bear looking all tired and out of breath was pretty funny. "Ummyeah, I do... well, at least if you get worn out that easy. I could just get Kam to run in circles around you for a little while until you passed out, or had an anurism, or something." The little Guardian mewed and laughed, nuzzling into her neck. "But whatever Winnie, at the moment we're trying to rescue a newbie from the big, bad daemons. We'll kick your asses later if you like. You can tag along and help us look, though. Just don't slow us down." She half-smiled a little bit and turned, walking further into Nowhere, the girl having followed them in now.

This Nowhere was different from the courtyard like place by the north gate. Instead of being one small, closed in area, this place appaeared to be like a vast forest, the gates built into the trunks of enormous trees; even if everyone present had wrapped their arms around the trunks of these ones, they wouldn't have been able to go all the way around. Most of them weren't that big, but were big just the same. However, all of them were strange; the wood was dark and warped in most places, and there was no grass or foliage on the ground. The trees were covered in leaves, but all of them looked withered and dried up. You could tell which direction the different gates were in; to the left, the trees slowly seemed to grow more and more decrepit and diseased, the ground darker, the leaves more desolute. The gates to Hell would be that way. To their right, the ground seemed to slowly have little grass sprouts poking through the earth, which seemed to grow more healthy, and the trees looked more normal, with leaves and small buds on their branches. Somewhere in that direction were the gates to Heaven. Somewhere directly ahead of them were the gates to the world of the living.

"Now..." Kira said as she began walking around. "This place is big. Keep an eye out for any daemons. Hopefully the girl's not mauled by now." She was slightly more serious now, but not by much; a couple measly daemons she could handle. She was more concerned that the kidnapped girl wouldn't be able to.

Kira Walker
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DCLXVI on Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:13 pm

The bear and Simon followed Kira into the strange forest.
"For your information," Simon said, scowling, "I'm not a newbie. I've been here for five years."
"Five horrible years," said the bear. "And we're not just some useless baggage who'll do nothing more than weigh you down as you go rescuing damsels in distress. We can help. Well, we can help. I will help. Whether this" he said, pointing at Simon, "will or not, remains to be seen."

[[Although, can I have some information on NPC combat? Because you know everything about this world, considering you're GM...]]

DCLXVI
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!