Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

You're dead, now get to work! (Afterlife Roleplay)

a topic in Fantasy Roleplay, a part of the RPG forum.

If you would like to make your own roleplay based in a fantasy realm (dragons, elves, magic), use this forum. You will be in charge of all things related to your roleplay, so you're on your own here.

Re: You're dead, now get to work! (Afterlife Roleplay)

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kira Walker on Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:57 pm

Kira grinned at the large Guardian and yelled out, apparently to no one, "We're finished, shut down the environment!" There was no response for a moment, then a click was heard, and the setting around them faded until they once again stood in the dome-shaped room. Kira dematerialized her weapons and gestured for Ranatra to follow her, heading over to the door. She was beginning to like the Guardian more and more.

She headed out of the arena and down the hallway, an angry frown set on her face as she approached the small group. Kam saw her as she approached, emerald eyed flickering over towards the solitary arena hall, and grinned, immediately rushing over to hug his Reaper tight around the waste. She patted him on the head and took him by the hand, then continued to walk towards the group. She came to a stop in front of Lin, blue eyes narrowed, trying very hard to keep her anger under control.

"Alright, girl, you've got ten seconds to explain why the hell you think I should let you get away with what you did before I break open that head of yours."
No, I'm not the girl your mother warned you about.

Her imagination was never this good. <33

:: Y'all heard about Mary-Jane?
She's my main thing.
She makes me feel alright;
She makes my heart sing. ::

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kira Walker
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DCLXVI on Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:06 pm

Ranatra encouraged this with an snide "Yeah," which prompted a groan of, "Ranatra," from Simon. He decided to let what's-her-name explain herself, while he asked Ranatra how the fight went.
"You have to let me fight more!" the Guardian said.
"You were good?"
"I got owned! Well, nearly. She and I are both good with attack and evasiveness, but that's a pretty sad combination. We seemed to be both lacking in speed and defense."
"Wimp," Simon muttered. Either Ranatra didn't hear him or his concentration was back on the girl with the bouncing Guardian.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

DCLXVI
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sir Hotbod on Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:09 pm

Lin nodded, she was definitely defeated. "My name's Lin and this is Bouncy, my bouncing Guardian.” She said pointing to herself and her red Guardian. “Soo~ Why is that girl fighting with that Guardian?" She asked shifting the attention to Kira. Lin quickly went towards the railings and leaned on it for better view.

"GO, GO, GO!!" Lin cheered as she stood there.

Bouncy bounced excitedly.

[Edit: Sorry!]

Lin snorted as Kira beat the Guardian. Well, duh. He is only a Guardian afterall, she thought. The girl then came to the group and as Lin expected she narrowed her eyes at her wanting an explanation. Lin sighed, she didn't want to explain herself all over again and looked at Simon for help.
Last edited by Sir Hotbod on Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sir Hotbod
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kira Walker on Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:12 pm

((Sneakers, check up above, Kira's talking to Lin ;P ))

Kira Walker
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DCLXVI on Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:21 pm

"She's gone straight," Simon said simply.
"Straight?" Ranatra asked, confused. "She was gay?"
"No!" Simon yelled, blushing. "For one thing, girls aren't gay, they're lesbian. For another thing, 'going straight' means you've come clean, you're a good guy now. Or, at least, she says."
"Sorry," Ranatra said, looking at his paws. "Humans, and their euphemisms..."

DCLXVI
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kira Walker on Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:28 pm

Blue eyes flickered back to Simon and Ranatra, and one could tell from the expression that she very clearly didn't believe a word of it. "Bull." she said quietly, but stopped before saying anything else as she felt a light tug on her shirt. She glanced down to see Kam staring up at her, bright green eyes serious. The small cat-boy nodded, indicating that what Simon said was true. Kira blinked and bit her lip lightly; Kam had a knack with this sort of thing, and besides, she trusted him. If he said that this girl was legit, she'd believe it.

"You're lucky..." She said quietly, gazing up and down the girl, sizing her up. She shook her head after a moment of silence, flicking a loose pink strand away from her cheek. "Doesn't matter though. You can't just say sorry and expect it to end there. If you're for real, then you won't have any problem making up for it. How do you plan to do that, now?"

Kira Walker
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sir Hotbod on Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:54 pm

Lin frowned.

This was really troublesome. How could she make up --

Ooo~h!! Now there was an idea.

An enthusiastic sparkle appeared in her mud-colored eyes, Lin cleared her throat. "Ahem, ahem. I will now demonstrate my apology dance." The Chinese girl then started flapping her arms like a duck and she started twirling around and shifting her legs doing the Moon Walk, like Michael Jackson would. Lin often did this in the real world to make her friends laugh whenever they were mad at her or sad about something. She felt weird doing it, because it was such a long time ago. Back when, she was alive.. Her hair swished as she turned and danced, she couldn’t stop laughing as she did the dance.

Lin felt happy doing this childish thing after a long time.

Happy?

She hadn't feel happy in forever.

Bouncy joined in her dance and bounced and circled around his Guardian.

Sir Hotbod
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kira Walker on Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:11 pm

Kira's face blanked as she watched the other girl do her weird dance, her mouth open slightly and her expression dumbfounded; Kam's face matched, though his face was following the little ball around the entire time. What the heck? Her.. apology dance? Was she serious? Kira watched for for a moment or so, then a grin lit her face and she laughed, her anger ebbing away as she watched Lin...um... apologize?

After a moment, Kira stopped her, crossing her arms in front of her stomach and smiling. "Well alright. No worries if you're gonna do that. Let's start over, what do you think?" She held out her hand, placing her other on her hip with a grin. "I'm Kira. Nice to meet you. This is my Guardian, Kam." The little Guardian grinned, revealing tiny, razor-tipped fangs aside from human teeth, spotted ears perking up while his tail began to swish back and forth. If Kira was happy, so was he.

Kira Walker
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sir Hotbod on Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:26 pm

Lin gave off a grateful smile. She was starting to get very tired from all that dancing and twirling anyway. She extended her hand and shook with Kira as an agreement. "It's Lin. And this is Bouncy!" She said pointing at the red ball bouncing up and down. Lin then remembered something and pointed towards Kam with her eyebrows at Bouncy secretly and he immediately stopped bouncing, the balls tarted frowning.

Bouncy then sighed and rolled his way towards Kam. He stared at him for a couple of seconds, it was very awkward, you know. For a moment it was going to seem like Bouncy was going attack the poor Guardian again but then he suddenly started cuddling the winged cat. Lin laughed as she watched both the Guardians.

"Aww, they became friends.. I guess?"

Sir Hotbod
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kira Walker on Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:31 pm

The fur on Kam's tail had begun to stand on end very slightly when the other Guardian came closer, expecting to have to deal with another one of his bounces, and ready to drop-kick him if he tried it. However, much to his surprise, the Guardian instead began cuddling him. The little boy blinked, his expression dumbfounded for a moment, then he awkwardly gave the other Guardian a little hug and blinked up, first at Kira, then at Lin, then looked at Bouncy again.

Kira grinned and nodded. "I don't think Kam minds. Do you Kam?" The little boy looked up and shook his head, tawny blonde hair falling over his eyes a tiny bit. With a little sigh and a smile, Kira turned and glanced at Ranatra again. "Sorry dude, guess there'll be no beating today." She chuckled a little bit. She didn't mind. Her and Ranatra were very evenly matched, it seemed to her; she figured that, the way things were, they were sure to have run into a stalemate anyways.

Kira Walker
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DCLXVI on Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:37 pm

Watch Kam shred that thing... Simon thought.
"Aw, now, Simon, don't think nasty things like that," said a voice from behind him.
"Jasper!" Ranatra said, "Here, watch him for a while." And with that, the bear romped off.
"Ranatra, you can't just stick me with this putz!"
"Who you calling a putz?"
"Fine, fine," said the bear, loping back. "What are you doing here, then?"
"I found someone you'll be interested in, Godovski."
"Huh?" Simon said, wondering. His brother was the only person he had really cared about, and he was dead.
"Your brother, Peter. Now, he's not alive---"
"Is he here?"
"Um, no. But I do know where he is."
Simon scowled and said, as if this was a trick question, "He's not in Heaven is he?"
"Nope."
"Rats. Why'd you bother telling me that?"
"I figured you could stop worrying."
Simon kept glaring, now at his black-on-black All Stars.

DCLXVI
Member for 16 years

((Wow did you guys write a lot while I was gone...))

Brandy watched them all talk and introduce themselves, nodding at certain points in agreement. She had all intention of just standing here and not saying a thing. If she could stay completely invisible and them not notice that they didn't know her, that was fine with her. She didn't like the spot light anyway.

Ethan looked at her, and tilted his head towards them, trying to get Brandy to get closer and introduce herself. His Reaper simply shook her head no, refusing to go meet these other Reapers.

"If we have to do this the hard way we will," Ethan whispered, leaning closer to Brandy to say it. She only shook her head again and said nothing. Oh well, Ethan thought, I guess I just have to make a believer out of her. With that thought, he pushed Brandy forwarded slightly with his hand, shoving her slightly into Kira.

Brandy turned around and glared at Ethan, but quickly turned to Kira to apologize. She would get him for this later.

"I'm so sorry! My Guardian just randomly decided to push me! Be glad yours likes a form smaller than you," Brandy said, looking at Kam while mumbling the last line. She might be dense and blond, but she wasn’t stupid. Ethan was trying to get her to interact with other Reapers, but hurting them wasn’t going to help her case any.

TheAlmightyForkNinja
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kira Walker on Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:24 pm

Kira blinked and glanced over at Simon, hearing what the other Reaper said and for a moment, paying attention over there instead of to Lin. After hearing what he said, her expression fell, and she quietly lay her hand on Simon's shoulder. "Sorry about that... hard luck..." She didn't know what else to say. She knew it sounded insensitive, but what else was there? if he'd gone to Hell, there was nothing that could be done about it now. Once you stepped through those Gates in either direction, you were there, and that was that.

She was about to say something else when she felt herself get bumped from behind and turned around quickly, surprise on her face. The other girl, the one Lin had been talking to, was apologizing. After she spoke, Kira smiled and waved her hand dismissively. "Don't worry about it; trust me, I know all about Guardians and how weird they can be." She glanced down at Kam with a little wink. "He's not always little though. Sometimes he looks like someone older, just to get on my nerves."

Kam nodded, flashing a cute little grin before changing shape, into an older, taller version of the same catling boy. Now though, he was a bit taller than Kira, and clearly a little bit older, though he maintained the tawny hair and emerald eyes. Only now, instead of looking young and sweet, he looked older and would probably be considered good-looking if he wasn't a spirit; his face maintained the wild beauty that all anthro-type spirits had. He then proceeded to rest his elbow on Kira's shoulder. He knew she hated being short. Kira frowned. "That's what I mean."

Kira Walker
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DCLXVI on Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:42 pm

"Ranatra hates humans," Simon said, still looking at the ground.
"Don't know how you can all stand each other," the Guardian said, beaming.
"What are you so happy about?"
"Well, none of this is real, right?"
"If you weren't my Guardian, I'd shoot you." Then he turned to Kira and said, "What happens if you shoot your Guardian?"

DCLXVI
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kira Walker on Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:19 pm

Kira blinked, raising an eyebrow, clearly thinking this was an extremely weird question to be asking. Why would anyone ask that? Why would anyone be interested in shooting their Guardian? That just seemed downright unnatural to her.

"Uh... you wouldn't have a Guardian. That's... it.." Kam's expression echoed her own; his ears were laid slightly, and his tail was swishing back and forth. He didn't really make any weird faces or anything though now; he was clearly freaked out by the question as well.

Kira Walker
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DCLXVI on Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:57 pm

"Don't mind him," Jasper, the tall red man with the jackal head, said to Kira. "He has an annoying tendency to ask creepy questions. You'd never shoot Ranatra, would you?"
"Well, if it wouldn't kill him," Simon said, "I might do it just to annoy him."
Jasper rolled his eyes. "Weirdo."

DCLXVI
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sir Hotbod on Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:21 am

Lin perked up as she heard the other Reaper talk about Simon's brother going to hell.

She immediately ran towards Simon and with a wide-eyed expression, she grabbed his shoulders and started shaking him. "Your brother.. He went to hell.. ? HOW!? I want to go there!! How the hell did he go in.. Hell. I want to go to hell!!"

Lin then grabbed Jasper and started shaking him as well. "Did his brother really go there? Do you know how? Or why? Tell me, tell me!!"

Sir Hotbod
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kira Walker on Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:13 am

Alright. First one of them was talking about shooting his Guardian, and now the other wanted to go to hell? This was just too much. Kira grabbed Lin by the shoulder and spun her to face her and Kam, her expression bewildered, and almost slightly angry. "You want to go to Hell?? Are you retarded or something?? Do you even have the slightest conception of what you're talking about, you idiot?!"

Was Lin new here maybe? I mean, she couldn't seriously want to go to Hell if she actually knew what it was like, right? What person in their right mind would ever want that??

Kira Walker
Member for 16 years

((GAH! *bangs head to keyboard* So. I wrote my post. And my dumb computer erased it. So I am so aggravated, Brandy shall just be motionless. Grr.))

TheAlmightyForkNinja
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DCLXVI on Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:27 am

Simon flinched. He didn't like girls touching him. He sighed when she went to Jasper, then finally processed what she had said, but Jasper was already answering.
"You know," he said to Lin, "They'll just let you in. Those big gates aren't there to keep you out. They're there to keep you in. If you tell them you want in they'll let you in."
"But they won't let you back out again," Ranatra added.

DCLXVI
Member for 16 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!