Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Now Long Ago// OOC

a topic in Out of Character, a part of the RPG forum.

Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Now Long Ago// OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sir Hotbod on Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:00 am

Ima Wa Mukashi – Now long ago

今ハ昔

This tale takes place in a world called Mugenyo.
An imaginary world that’s designed after ancient Japan and ancient China.

Now long ago, there was once a man who belonged to a royal family -- Okay guys, I’m sorry but I can’t type so proper and novel-like, it’s just really boring to type that way. And yeah, I bet it’s even more boring to read that. Because basically, this role play enters like a whole different world and culture with new things that I’m going to have to explain you. And yeah, I’m going to make sure I write it in easy words as much as possible because I just don’t want to babble on and on, sounding like an encyclopedia that’s going to confuse you even more and by the end of it all, you’ll be all “o__o wahh?”. So I’m just going to write the story plot my way:

So anyways.

There’s this guy, right? And he’s like from the royal family of this fantasy world called ‘Mugenyo’. And he has a bigger brother and stuff – So basically he’s the youngest one in his family. Ever since he was a little kid, he has been spoiled like crazy – He had received everything he thought of, not even said, thought of. So yeah, he was spoiled big time.

So the time eventually came where the little spoiled dude had to grow up and become big spoiled dude. And that’s where the trouble started.

Well, that’s because after the greedy dude’s father passed away, he handed the throne to his elder brother and not him. And for a good reason, too! His elder brother was way more wise, mature, kind, and knew how to deal with people. So yeah, the greedy dude was being greedy and wanted the throne to himself and yeah, soon he was obsessed with being in control of the throne.

So one night the spoiled dude secretly went into his brother’s room and killed him in his sleep. He had bribed his servants so they didn’t would say anything. And in the end, he blamed the murder on some other person who got hanged for it.

Now the spoiled dude’s elder brother, the elder dude, he died in a bad way so he became a demon spirit/ghost thing because he was ‘incomplete’ (– That’s basically what this RP is about and that’s how our actual story starts). The demon spirit that he became is called a Tengu. So now the elder Tengu dude started haunting his brother every second of his life. He mentally tortured his smaller brother until the spoiled dude became mad. So basically, the spoiled murderer dude got his throne but he had to sacrifice his sanity for it. You know what they say ‘no pain, no gain.’.

So anyways, as days went by, his crazy-ness grew and grew. He use to kill random people when he was upset or when his elder Tengu brother appeared infront of him. And then one day, the servants, the king’s ministers, the common folk got sick of it all. The ministers all got together and decided to kill the crazy spoiled king dude. They took the crazy spoiled king dude to the forest for some hunting. Well, that was only an excuse. Once they got there, some hired assassins killed the spoiled dude.

What happened afterwards?

Well, the elder spirit dude was just basically ‘complete’ now so he disappeared. But, our story doesn’t end there. It was now the spoiled dude’s turn to become a Tengu, an evil one. Because again, when people die in a bad way they turn into demon spirits called Tengu. Now, the evil crazy murderer Tengu king spoiled dude took his human form (More will be explained about this as we go along.) and went back to his throne. First thing he did was kill all the ministers, servants, and the assassins that went up against him. And yeah, he was back in control.
The evil crazy Tengu king spoiled dude’s aim was now to kill all the Tengu there were roaming around the land. So he hired Shamans or priests/priestesses – Brain washed them and turned them against Tengu, too. He gave them a place to stay in a huge lavish temple he had built right behind his palace. And that’s when the massacre started.

[][][][]|今ハ昔|[][][][]

Okay, so I hope I kept everyone’s interest throughout the whole thing. I really hope that wasn’t boring! I tried really hard not to make it draggy and boring. :D

So anyways, I shall now explain some things in depth~

Tengu//
Tengu are basically demon spirits that the Japanese people believe in. Tengu are one of the Yokai or legendary demons of Japanese myth. They’re both good and bad. Tengu are made by God to protect Buddhism – the national religion of Japan or Mugenyo in this case. Some Tengu however, disobey God and like to play pranks on people and bother them. Tengu are made by God, but that’s now the only way Tengu arrive in the world. People also turn into Tengu, if a person died in a bad way or if they have unfinished business they stay in the world as Tengu. Some disappear after their work in finished, while the others don’t.

A Tengu’s original form is a human spirit combined with an animal spirit. So if one Tengu, let’s say had a bat spirit inside of him he would be human-looking with bat wings, fangs, and bat-like eyes. Also, Tengu can shapeshift as humans or their spiritual animals. As humans, Tengu are gorgeous looking and they stand out from a crowd – The color of their eyes, hair are all influenced by their animal spirit. So the bat-influenced Tengu would probably have purple eyes and hair.

The Tengu in Mugenyo live peacefully (and secretly) with other humans in their human form. After the whole Tengu killing started, the Tengu all got together and made their hideout deep inside the forest where no one would see them to form a resistance.

Shaman//
Shaman also knows as priests/priestesses or Tengu-hunters are basically the evil people that work under the spoiled Tengu king. They can sense and spot Tengu even if they are in their human form with their spiritual powers. And yeah, that’s basically it.

[][][][]|今ハ昔|[][][][]

Rules//
- Follow all the RPGG rules. Duh!
- Mild cursing is allowed.
- There will be no sexual content in this RP. Think of the children, people! But yeah, you can sort of hint it if you know I mean.
“Kaito woke up, he turned around and smiled at Rieko sleeping soundly next to him.”
- I want diversity! So please chose different special abilities/animal spirits/element/other profile stuff.
- You guys can talk in OOC (Out of Character) in the IC thread, as well. Just remember to use brackets. -> [ Hi. ] <-
- I LOVE TEA. Yeah.
- I don’t want Stephen King work but please try to write in good grammar and no one liners allowed. D:
- Not all battles can be won, so yeah. Please no God modding!
- If you guys need help or are confused about anything, just come to me.

[][][][]|今ハ昔|[][][][]

Character Profile//
 Name: Japanese/Chinese names only, please! If you guys can’t come up with something, come to me.
 Species: Tengu/Shaman/Human. Yes, humans are allowed! But they need to find out the secret of the whole Tengu/Shaman thing somehow. And basically, Shamans are human, too. But you know, they have the spiritual power so you could consider them a different species. People, try t keep a balance somewhat. We need humans, Tengu, and Shaman!
 Age: Tengu don’t have ages, so. Don’t need to fill this if you’re a Tengu.
 Gender: Fe/male? Please try to keep a balance between genders! And guys/girls with big egos out there, it’s okay to play the opposite sex sometimes. :D
 Appearance: I prefer description, actually. But hey! Pictures are more than allowed. Please try to keep away all the hentai/ecchi/perverted anime pictures out of this section. And for all the creative people who would rather write the description, for the outfit: try to mix traditional Chinese/Japanese with modern fashion. For example, imagine a shorter Kimono with striped punk stockings.
 Attitude: Their personality. Try to pick fun personalities to play. Weird character are more fun to play than the normal cliché ones any day!
 Animal Spirit: Only for Tengu. Again, if one animal is taken, then another person can’t have that. Be creative and think of something else. You can come to me and I’ll help you if you can’t think of something. If your character is a human or Shaman, ignore this.
 Special Ability/Element: If you’re a Tengu you get to have a special ability! It can be anything. But nothing God-sy. If you’re a Shaman, you get to have any element you want out of these: fire, water, thunder, wind, earth, and ice. If you’re character is human, ignore this. Hey, even if humans didn’t have flashy powers, they can still fight and kick butt! Need help? No problem. I’m here to the rescue!
 Weapon of choice: Please no techie stuff. Swords, daggers, rods, staffs, katanas, shuriken and those type of stuff only. It’s okay to have same weapons as other people because you know, they’re weapons!
 Background: Aaaahh~! The horror. Don’t be afraid, it’s only the background! If you’re a Tengu you can write about how your character being disguised as a fellow human living in Mugenyo, like how was life like. And how did the sudden Tengu-killing affect him, him/her joining the resistance, blahblah. IF you’re a human, tell about your life, too and if you already know the big secret, you have to tell why. Same with Shaman. Now, all the characters (except maybe Shamans in the beginning) have a choice of being bad or good. So yeah, go crazy!

Like I mentioned plenty of times, if you guys need help with any of the above DON’T feel intimidated and ask for help! I definitely encourage newbies, as well. Don’t be afraid. And yes, people can join at any time. Even if the RP is like, 50 pages ahead and if someone’s interested and are lazy/can’t read the whole – Just PM me and I’ll summarize the thing for you.

---

Are open. ;P

[In Character thread]
Last edited by Sir Hotbod on Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Sir Hotbod
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: Now Long Ago// OOC

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kairu on Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:46 am

Name: Kairu
 Species: Tengu
 Gender: Male
 Appearance: The image attached is Kairu's outfit...
 Attitude: he is happy most of the time... Though he is also sort-of paranoid of getting caught...
doll.jpg
kairu's image...
(17.54 KiB) Downloaded 31 times
 Animal Spirit: otter
 Special Ability/Element: He can morph into an otter or a human..
 Weapon of choice: Bo (Staff)
 Background: he was killed by the king seeing as he was the one who assasinated him...

Can I make 2 characters? If so, this is a shaman that helps my character (Kairu) but she does it secretly so as not to anger the king...

Name: Talim
 Species: Shaman
 Gender: Female
 Appearance: She wears a regular kimono but she also wears some more modern clothes... Her modern clothes are pretty much an orange t-shirt with an olive green vest... her pants are light orange with darker orange stripes down them...
 Attitude: She is shy but is very energetic when you get to know her...
 Special Ability/Element: Water
 Weapon of choice: Water Balls (She forms water in the air and throws balls of water that are so hard, can give a cuncussionat her lightest throw)
 Background: She was hired by the king, but hates him for killing so many people...
ImageImage Image
I gots a new egg! Clicky clicky!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Kairu
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sir Hotbod on Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:00 am

Eheh.. I sor tof mentioned about Sign Ups not opening yet but accepted, nonetheless. :D

But please guys, don't post your profiles yet. Wait for me to say they're open. For now, comments/discussions/questions are welcomed.

Sir Hotbod
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby knock on Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:16 am

 Name:Diore narete
 Species: Tengu/Shaman/Human:Tengu
 Gender: Fe/male:male
 Appearance:White hair that reaches up to his neck and sparkling blue eyes alive with mischief
and electricity Pitch black skin and a light build make him extremely good at thieving.A green cotton shirt with black Japanese robes on top except he has pants not a man skirt
 Attitude:Eccentric at times and at others extremely laid back he is the perfect example of Dr. Jekyll and Mr.Hyde
 Animal Spirit:A white weasel
 Special Ability/Element:Able to raise people's emotion(make them laugh at a funeral cry at a birthday party)
 Weapon of choice:A pouch of Kunai with a paralyzing poison and a katana hidden in his shirt
 Background:One of the killers hired to assassinate the king he was killed before he managed to kill him though and later he was skinned and made into a training Dummy.
Those who think they know everything do not know that they do not know what they do not
know-Knock

98% of teens would die if Myspace died, if you are one of the 2% that would be laughing in their face, put this in your signature.

95% of teens listen to rap. If you are one of the 5% that listen to ROCK or METAL add this to your sig.

If Aeropastle told teens that it was cool to hold your breath and die 85% of teens would if you are one of the 2% that would be laughing in their faces add this to your sig

knock
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby knock on Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:22 am

sorry didn't read that sneakers

knock
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DCLXVI on Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:22 am

Ha ha, Kairu got---oh, never mind.

This looks cool. You know, I made my own RP once, and I kinda...failed at being a GM so...
Just joining other people's for now.

Anyone wants ninja weapons: http://www.entertheninja.com/
This site has all sorts of facts and sciency stuff about ninjas.

Can I join? Pwease?

Perhaps, you know, Sneakers, I should just put my profile up, considering the majority of people here didn't bother reading that...

Also, for weapons, where do you stand on power tools?
Last edited by DCLXVI on Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage

DCLXVI
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sir Hotbod on Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:26 am

I guess you're accepted too, Knock.. o__o;

And yeah, I guess everyone can post up their character profiles up since you know, nobody is reading the thing. XD

And thank you, DCLXVI for the helpful link. I'm sure everyone will find use of it. And of course you can join!

As for power tools.. I'm not sure of them since you know there's already lots of powers going on about already. :/ But yeah, you're more than welcome and so is everyone else!

Sir Hotbod
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DCLXVI on Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:30 am

I meant power tools like buzz saws and weed whackers and drills and such.

DCLXVI
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sir Hotbod on Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:34 am

Oh, no. DD: Sorry, none of those future stuff. Since the whole world is based on Ancient Japan/China. Let's stick to it.

Sir Hotbod
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby knock on Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:37 am

my god DC this is ancient Japan

knock
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kairu on Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:49 am

I forgot to read about that... I thought it would have unimportant information like the number of characters that you can have... Sorry... TT.TT Well, i guess now I have a character form filled in for when the signups are open! :D And a suggestion... Make sure you have everything you need planned out BEFORE you post the rpg... Please...
Last edited by Kairu on Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kairu
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sir Hotbod on Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:52 am

It's okaaay. Kind of really wanted to wait, though. :[

But atleast this way, people will be more interested?

Well, yeah. I do have everything planned, duh. I'm not one of those that just let the RP start without any direction. Which is why I'm taking my time to post the IC thread. :D

Sir Hotbod
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Noodles on Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:38 pm

Cool story sneakers. I'll join this but i'll post my character profile later ok :D
Check out my art gallery :D http://no0dless.deviantart.com/

Noodles
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DCLXVI on Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:52 pm

Sorry... I had hoped that Tengu could be timeless...but I guess not.
Character time! Now, it's easier for me to write long, interesting posts when I can play two characters off one another, so can I have two?

 Name: Koji Otani
 Species: human
 Age: 35
 Gender: male (ever heard of a girl named Koji?)
 Appearance: He's Asian, and he's 35. What more do you need? Jk...jk... He wears a jet black kimono (a mens kimono, thank you very much) with a hakama over it. He has several different hakamas. One of them, which he wears most often, is red and black in a pattern that looks sort of like this: Image
 Attitude: He is extremely paranoid (think Mad Eye Moody) and also quite frugal. He takes a very long time to trust someone fully.
 Weapon of choice: machete, or, if he can't get one, a sword will do. Preferably something that can cut a piece of wood at least an inch and a half thick in half. (I wanted to do flaming chainsaw, but NO...)
 Background: Otani learned the Tengu thing from his mentors. One time he was hired to kill someone who turned into a Tengu, and this Tengu kept messing with him and messing with him until Otani helped him settle his issue. And even now the Tengu won't leave him alone. So now he is really paranoid about killing people. Just in case.

 Name: Yama Iro (does that count?)
 Species: Tengu
 Gender: male
 Appearance: Short, with stark white skin. His face resembles that of a jackal. His hair is blood red on one side, and jet black on the other. The red side is long and flowy, and it always looks like there is a draft below it. The black side closely resembles Cruella deVil's hair. He wears a long white robe, not really a kimono, something more western looking.
 Attitude: Think Adrian Monk. He has a pronounced OCD, and even lost a loved one in life. This was what he bugged Otani about for so long. He needs things to be in order, preferably in pretty patterns, but never randomly arranged or thrown together.
 Animal Spirit: Parrot!
 Special Ability: He never forgets anything. Ever. Not even under the influence of four or five drugs at once.
 Weapon of choice: Yama doesn't like fighting. He prefers running away.
 Background: He was killed by Otani (remarkably, he doesn't hold lthis against the man) because the man who his wife was having an affair with hired Otani to kill him. Yama never found out about the affair, until he prised the answer out of Otani. Then he got Otani to help him kill Mr. Affair, who, mercifully, did not become a Tengu.

Good?
Last edited by DCLXVI on Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DCLXVI
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sir Hotbod on Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:17 pm

Accepted. And your character has red hair so, fox as the animal spirit? :D

Sir Hotbod
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DCLXVI on Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:03 pm

Red and black hair. He doesn't seem like a foxy type to me... But does the animal only affect appearance, or personality too?

DCLXVI
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby knock on Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:03 pm

can we start now

knock
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sir Hotbod on Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:58 am

Appearance, mostly.

And just wait a bit, Knock. Just doing some finishing touches on something. :D

Sir Hotbod
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby F16superman2 on Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:10 am

Name: Aimi Sato
Species: Human
Appearance: Aimi is very tall for a woman, at the size of 6'2 she is called the giant of her family. Her Black fair hair reaches to just below her waist which she usually puts into a neat plait. She has big, warm eyes and rosy red lips which gives her face an angelic feature. She is about 168lb which gives her body a curvy feature. her bright blue kimono is slightly old fashioned but with her Black and red bracelets it gives it a modern feature, she also wears some blue Zori's but there a bit small for her so her feet have many blisters which aggravate her very much.
Attitude: Aimi may look innocent but her fiery personality makes strangers run for a mile! Aimi keeps her self to her self and hates the idea of telling people her problems, she only crys if no-one is about (which is rare) and lets nobody get close to her except her family. She has no husband or any children and is what many people call a loner.
Weapon of choice: Aimi only has a blunt dagger, which means she is very weak for enemies.
Background: Aimi had a normal life, she was born the youngest of three and was well educated, it was only when she became 18 that something weird happened to her. Her grandmother died of old age at the age of 89 and came back as a Tengu. Aimi does not know what she wants but is scared of her and trys to run away from her, but it never works.

F16superman2
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sir Hotbod on Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:22 am

Accepted. :D I love how everyone's so creative with their profiles.

Oh, and Kairu:

Special Ability/Element: He can morph into an otter or a human..

That's what any Tengu can do, you know, morph to their animal spirits or their human form. The special ability is an extra plus for you to use in battles.

Sir Hotbod
Member for 16 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!