Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Mob City, IL

Mob City, IL

a part of “Mob City, IL”, a fictional universe by bluewolf482.

In the 21st century, the Roaring Twenties are back... and so are the gangsters.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Mob City, IL”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Mob City, IL

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bluewolf482 on Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:28 pm

Welcome to Mob City.

Just in addition to the original rules, I'd like to ask that everyone please be literate when posting, and try to be original with your characters. Also, anyone who leaves without explanation will be killed off (or just leave town) if gone too long, so please let everyone know if you'll be AFK for more than a day or so.
samquestionablegunnerkriggpennydresdenandxkcdcontentcourtfuzzycodakarcade

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

bluewolf482
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Mob City, IL

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Grey Jaeger on Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:13 pm

Is my character ok, you set it so you didn't have to check it. I just wanna know what you think.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Grey Jaeger
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bluewolf482 on Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:03 am

Yeah, he's good. Going to post on Roleplayers Wanted, hopefully we can get another boss in here.

bluewolf482
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby /Grim/ on Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:54 am

Sounds mighty interesting! Tell me something about the pace of the game. Frequent, short posts- or the opposite?

And bless you, for bringing some gritty realism to this otherwise silly place.

/Grim/
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bluewolf482 on Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:21 pm

Hmm, depends on the situation. I think the new system of posting in different places might be more conducive to short posts and dialogue, but I'd prefer longer posts for actions and exposition.

bluewolf482
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Apple's Remains on Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:44 pm

Has the IC been established yet? I'm still new to this kind of rp format. Also, what did you think of my character setup BlueWolf? Is there anything that I need to change?

THIS IS APPLEPOISONEER, MY ACCOUNT STOPPED WORKING, SO I MADE A NEW ONE

Apple's Remains
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bluewolf482 on Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:19 pm

It seems that instead of an IC thread, you can post in any "place" and each has its own thread. Should make characters' locations easier to keep track of. As for your character, she looks good. She has a nice balance of violent and non-violent skills, making her a perfect fit.

I'll begin the 1st rival gang myself, since it appears nobody else is joining. Feel free to make a second character, but any secondaries have to work for a different gang. I also won't be playing two leaders, so that spot is open.

bluewolf482
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Apple's Remains on Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:34 am

I might take that position if you don't mind; it'd be pretty interesting to get both perspectives of it. And since most of my threads that I join seem to die, I'd like to have as much to do around here as possible.

Apple's Remains
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Apple's Remains on Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:03 pm

Okay, the history's kidn of short but tell me what you guys think of Michael Alanovski as the leader of the opposing gang. I don't know if I'll change the name, since Alanovski family doesn't exactly roll off the tongue, but I'm pretty sure I'll just leave it as is.

Apple's Remains
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Apple's Remains on Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:03 pm

Okay, the history's kidn of short but tell me what you guys think of Michael Alanovski as the leader of the opposing gang. I don't know if I'll change the name, since Alanovski family doesn't exactly roll off the tongue, but I'm pretty sure I'll just leave it as is.

Apple's Remains
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby /Grim/ on Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:32 pm

Leave Alanovski. I'm Polish, so I find it easy to remember ;)
I see how creating one more mob leader would bring some variety to this game, but I think I'd rather create an independent character...
I might change my mind though. The problem is I've no idea how the game will be playing out? Will all gang leaders be antagonists? If so, how will conflicts be resolved? Oh well, I'm joining anyway.

/Grim/
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bluewolf482 on Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:45 pm

/Grim/, that's the beauty of RP. It's up to the characters to decide how events play out, and how inter-gang relations go. I've added a place that serves as something of a safe zone, since the owners keep weapons checked at the door. Also, I have some ideas for plot events, but I'm wide open to suggestions. I'll post first, just as soon as Grim gets his character up.

bluewolf482
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Apple's Remains on Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:58 am

Cool, I can't wait to see it Grim, it should be pretty good considering. I do wish someone would tac onto the Alanovski crew though. It's kind of hard to be a one-man gang when you're reticent and "behind the scenes". Although it would make for some O'sh() moments. :D

Apple's Remains
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby bluewolf482 on Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:47 pm

All right, If Grim doesn't put up his character by tonight, I'm starting the RP. Ladies and gentlemen, start your stories.

EDIT: And, it's off! Post in whatever place is applicable, my character's in The Full House to start. Feel free to make up your own plots for your characters!

bluewolf482
Member for 15 years

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!