Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Weight of the Broken World

Weight of the Broken World

a part of “Weight of the Broken World”, a fictional universe by Oran Tarlin.

War ends. Peace returns. But is peace the natural state of things? The young avatar sets out to find purpose in a world of bigotry and intolerance. A coming of age for a group of friends and the world they try to understand.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Weight of the Broken World”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Weight of the Broken World

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oran Tarlin on Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:34 pm

Roleplay Tab:Weight of the Broken World

This is the OOC discussion for Weight of the Broken World. A semi-literate Avatar: Last Airbender Roleplay focusing on the generation after Avatar Aang's death, and their obligation to repair a world already in turmoil. Any OOC conversations, as well as collaboration by roleplayers as to the nature of the plot will take place here.

Feel free to voice your opinion on where the traveling party should go, why, what they should do, when they should do it. I'd like this to be laid back for the "mastering the elements" duration of the trip, which is essentially a road story, and then we can decide how to take the plot to a more dramatic level with the second half of the roleplay.

Have fun.
Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Oran Tarlin
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Weight of the Broken World

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Destablization on Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:44 am

Aight I posted my character. Please, please inform me of any changes needed, or questions about it. This is my first Roleplay on the site*, and I can always use more helpful criticism on my characters.

Also, I particularly hope that the storyline can incorporate some of the very rich culture of the Earth Kingdom city Ba Sing Se. I felt that the animated series didn't touch on it enough.
Hello. I am Destablization. If I posted in your Interest Check, please read the following.

I post using a phone. That means I can't do certain things.
I can't use the Roleplay Tab.
I can't use Chat.
I sometimes make small spelling mistakes.
-Roleplay Info-
I don't like being the center of a roleplay. I like being the side character. To me, they have true depth.
I don't mind dying in a roleplay.

That's all, and I hope we have fun together !

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Destablization
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oran Tarlin on Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:11 am

You're accepted. Actually, since a Water bending Avatar's first extra element would be Earth, I figured the group would ultimately be heading towards Ba Sing Se. I agree, I loved the change in scenery and I thought Ba Sing Se was the most interesting part of the series.

I'm still trying to figure out this roleplay tab. I think we'll just stick with one "place" because getting too many would just be convoluted and confusing.

Oran Tarlin
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Destablization on Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:34 am

Huzzah <3, but tried to upload an avatar for it, but as I post with a cellphone, uploads are disabled ><

Destablization
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Forum_Stalker on Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:17 am

My antihero firebender lady is primed to go, Oran. :)
The quality of my posts is inversely proportional to the number of role-plays I am currently in, which is 1.

Forum_Stalker
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oran Tarlin on Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:42 pm

Lovely you're both accepted. I particularly like that mark of the wise thing...

Forum_Stalker: 7 feet tall? That's a scary Fire Bender!

Oran Tarlin
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Forum_Stalker on Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:49 pm

Le Gasp! No Earthbender or Airbender!

Also, seven feet is a little too creepy for a thirteen-year old. She has to be six. Yeah, just wanted to say that.

Forum_Stalker
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Destablization on Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:53 pm

Touched my profile up a bit.. and isn't the world of Avatar Asian? Meaning no offense, but Asians tend be kinda... short lol. I was going to make my character taller, to reflect my RL height, but I toned it down with that in mind.

Destablization
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Forum_Stalker on Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:05 pm

Aw, now that's just generalizing Destabilization. I'm pretty sure there has to be some exceptions. Why, have you seen the Chinese basketball team? O.O

Forum_Stalker
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Destablization on Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:17 pm

I must say I haven't.. I meant no offense and realize it could be a simple generalization, but I also have a minor bias.. as I'm 6'7" IRL, so everyones short to me

Destablization
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oran Tarlin on Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:44 am

Heh, I always have an issue with height too, I'm 6'6" in a town of people who barely scratch 5'4". I have such bad posture, but... I just can't hear anything they're saying all the way down there... I have to slouch.

Great first posts by the way... now I was going to start this roleplay out with a storm anyway, but since people are conveniently starting to camp out, it will double as a way to keep people together. Aka. Party in the forest?

Oran Tarlin
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Destablization on Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:53 am

Sounds good to me <3, I actually had mine all typed up but I didn't like it so I redid it. Took quite a while lol.

And yeah, I have a slouching problem.. its especially bad because my girlfriends just under 5ft3in, lol.

Destablization
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Forum_Stalker on Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:55 am

Hahaha, well, some women do find tall men attractive.

Forum_Stalker
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Destablization on Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:53 pm

Uhm, is anyone else gonna post?

Destablization
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chat Noir on Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:12 pm

um, doesn't the avatar need to be a girl this time around? Avatars switch gender every life. Just a comment, not an attack, just sayin....
Image -Girls are not complicated. Seriously, how hard is it to say 'you're pretty' and give us chocolate?

-Protons have mass? I didn't even know they were catholic...

-I will kill you until you DIE from it!

Chat Noir
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oran Tarlin on Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:37 pm

Sorry for my slow reply. Because of this roleplay tab thing, I don't see new posts in my bookmarks... and I forget to check... silly me.

Wait... is it? Roku was male. Aang was male. Maybe there's some excess testosterone building up in the Avatar state? Eh, hardly matters.

Oran Tarlin
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Destablization on Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:06 pm

Oh was Haru the creature you noticed? I mighta misunderstood with my post lol.

Destablization
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Oran Tarlin on Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:39 pm

Lol, yea, it was supposed to be Shen's reaction to a creature he had never seen.

Oran Tarlin
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Destablization on Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:43 pm

Ohhhhhhh I thought you were playing off my post about the creature crashing through the woods earlier. Oh wow -right over my head-

Destablization
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Destablization on Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:47 am

Ugh not sure how to continue.. I might wash up on the beach, but I'm having trouble thinking of where the plots going to go.

Destablization
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!