Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Onimusha:  They Shall Rise

Onimusha; They Shall Rise OOC/Interest Check

a part of “Onimusha: They Shall Rise”, a fictional universe by Vergil1989.

The war between the Onimusha, Destroyers of Evil, and the demonic Genma rages on. It shall begin again in modern times, and this time, the outcome is uncertain...

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Onimusha: They Shall Rise”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Onimusha; They Shall Rise OOC/Interest Check

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vergil1989 on Thu May 20, 2010 7:19 pm

I finally found a good video of the first fights in Dawn of Dreams, as well as Tenkai fighting against one of the Genma Generals serving under the Lord. Please, study their arts well if you wish to survive in my RP. Lol, seriousness aside, I just wanted to point a few things out. The instant kills and the magic mostly, but the Genma that Soki is ripping apart at the first stage of the game. Darkness should have really been called lightning, but oh well. There are a couple of ways to do an instant or near instant kill attack. Use magic, block right before an enemy hits you, or attack right before their own lands, otherwise you're gonna get hurt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhqQk5dz6j8&feature=related

But as for the RP goes and you don't know how to fight all that great, this should help a little bit in that area, as well as show what Soki looks like when he becomes an Onimusha in the second part. See ya!

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Vergil1989
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soki on Thu May 20, 2010 7:31 pm

glad I already played it enough to know how each one fights XD so i'm good seeing as my guy's a decedent of the original Black oni Hideyasu ^^ and sorry for not posting yet been sickly sick anyways i'll be working on my first post right away

"Suggest that we escape by putting fish in our mouths so we can breath while under water AGAIN I will Ninja punch you so hardcore it will knock you out and when you wake up? the force of it will knock you out a second time before you wake up!"

RM:"Please promise to kill me with your pants on" BM:"I PROMISE NOTHING!"

"IN THE NAME OF MEANINGLESS BATTLE!" *Attacks*

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Soki
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Streamwatcher Person of Interest Lifegiver Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shadow_676 on Thu May 20, 2010 7:40 pm

I am reserving the Genma Lord. I will have a character up when I see the Skeleton for the characters. I will also have a description for each of my minions. I have never played this game but I like the story so I am giving it a try, if I mess up, correct me on the OOC and I will edit my post on the IC. If that's fine then I will be one every now and again, since I am out of school now. I intend to get back in the hang of this since I have been gone for little over a year now.

Shadow_676
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vergil1989 on Thu May 20, 2010 7:46 pm

Shadow my friend, there was a CS Sheet on the first page.

Name;
Gender;
Race; Human, Genma, Oni. More details shortly.
Occupation; Human and Oni only for the most part unless you have passed off as human
Appearance;
Weapon of Choice and its base element; (Light, Dark, Fire, Ice, Earth, Wind.)
Fighting Style; Fist, staff, whatever and/or a style of Martial Arts
Personality;
Bio;

I hope this is enough for you and you being the Genma Lord is good, so long as you have both human and Genma minions both since there has been recorded cases of our own kind selling themselves or becoming possessed by Genma, either willingly or otherwise, and becoming that much stronger in either case.

Vergil1989
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shadow_676 on Thu May 20, 2010 10:46 pm

Ok thanks. Sorry I didn't see that there was a first page. I will get to work on the Genma Lord and I want to know is there a limit on how many minions I can have? If so how many because I do not want to blow it out of porportion. I tend to do that when I do not have a limit. I really am surprised that I missed the first page but it's whatever. I will get straight to work with my character and his minions.

Shadow_676
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shadow_676 on Thu May 20, 2010 11:24 pm

Name:
Kima

Race:
Genma

Appearance:
Human Form
Demon Form

Weapon of Choice and its base element:
The Wind Stealer

Fighting Style:
Kima prefers to fight with speed and agility. Lots of quick and tiny cuts to inflict maximum damage.

Personality:
Kima is a ruthless killer that prevels with her rezilent determenation. Kima never gives up on anything and is very vindictive. She brings a whole new meaning to the term "Hell hath no fury like a women sqorned." She does not let up or back down from anything.

Bio:
Kima has worked her way to be the Genma Lord through her sheer determination and force of will. She never backed down from a challenge and never intends to. Kima fought her way up the ranks with cold, calculating, movements that make the most disturbing people cringe. Starting out as one of the lower Genma, she slowly found that she could out think almost any other Genma and the ones she couldn't she quickly had dealt with with the few other Genma that followed her already. She rose quickly because she could think and act with strength beyond her when needed. She would trick, counter, and decieve her enemies to win. She has no boundaries she will not or has not crossed and does not intend to let anything so "weak" stop her from coming out on top.
Last edited by Shadow_676 on Fri May 21, 2010 11:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Shadow_676
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vergil1989 on Thu May 20, 2010 11:38 pm

Very scary Shadow. You are good to go but be advised however that until you open the big portal or whatever it is that allows the Genma to come to our realm is open, keep your minions low is all I ask. Besides, most of the characters involved don't have a lot of experience against these guys. Also, on a side note, the Genma Lord is not a military rank persay in that sense, but rather a level of power a Genma may attain if they aren't a simple minded drone or anything like that. Most Genma that are below a certain level are mindless abominations, and are only concerned with wiping out everything in front of them unless a commander or higher type of Genma monster is nearby, then they become more dangerous in that sense. Sorry, I ramble I know lol.

Vergil1989
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shadow_676 on Thu May 20, 2010 11:41 pm

That is perfectly fine. You actually cleared up a big question I was about to ask you about the minions. You said on the chat what you said above and it got me thinking. So if I send out, let's just say 10 low level minions, they would be considered mindless and be easily delt with but if I sent out 3 low levels and 1 mid level minion they would be more organized and therefore more powerful?

Shadow_676
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vergil1989 on Thu May 20, 2010 11:47 pm

Yes. The way a Genma attains power, if they are capable of doing so anyway, are by absorbing souls from those they defeat, the same for the Onimusha of course but the Oni only absorb the souls of the Genma if they can help it. Given the choice though, I'd rather be absorbed by an Oni myself lol. Anyway, personal preference aside, you are right in your assumption, although in the games that wasn't entirely true. They just sent bigger and meaner variations against the player in predetermined waves, but I figure it was time for the Genma to get a bit of an upgrade given the times lol. But you can fight as you see fit my friend. The soul thing I won't force on anyone, but I don't want your Oni powers spammed to death is all I ask until we face off against Shadow's Genma babe. Then we'll need to go all out more than likely. I have a question though Shadow; did Kima become a Genma by choice or was she always a demon or what is her story?

Vergil1989
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soki on Thu May 20, 2010 11:49 pm

hm Vergil my post is coming up I hope it's alright still feeling rather sickly sick

Soki
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Greeter Streamwatcher Person of Interest Lifegiver Concierge

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Shadow_676 on Thu May 20, 2010 11:50 pm

Oh I didn't put enough detail in the Bio. I will go back and fix the info in a little bit. Kinda spammed with things to do right now. So much to do so little time to do it.

Shadow_676
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vergil1989 on Fri May 21, 2010 12:19 pm

Hey, that's why we have OOCs lol. Don't worry about it my friend and get a post up when you can. Your character looks good Shadow and I dread the first encounter with her and Tenkai lol. I'll be posting here in a second, so be ready everyone is all I ask. AMANDA looks good as well Incog, and considering she just woke up and already has the beginnings of an attitude is funny in a way, scary in another lol.

Vergil1989
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Eastep on Sat May 22, 2010 12:15 am

O.o
I guess you learn something new every day!
I had a feeling that this was based on a game, I just wasn't sure. What's the name of the game? I'm curious...

Sorry I've been missing, I caught a summer cold, or something. I'm still not over it, so don't wait up for me guys. I dont' think I'll be on here enough to take part in the roleplay. :(
Red Factioooon!

Eastep
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Contributor Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vergil1989 on Sat May 22, 2010 12:20 am

Eastep, don't be saying that just yet. Soki is sick as well so we are probably going to end up held up as it were anyway. You two, get better as quickly as you can, then worry about this later on. Incog, PJammaz, get a post up as soon as you can unless you're sick and dying. You two are the only ones that haven't said much except for the one time.

Vergil1989
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Incognito on Tue May 25, 2010 12:37 am

Verg, how hard should these drone Genma be that AMANDA is fighting? We talking easy as pie rip em to shreds with little effort, tough to kill bastards who don't seem to die but do little damage, or seriously badass Genma with a taste for death?

Incognito
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Soki on Tue May 25, 2010 2:27 am

Soki is feeling better and has made his second post

Soki
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Vergil1989 on Wed May 26, 2010 2:16 pm

Sorry for the delay guys and gals, I couldn't get into the site for a couple days. As for your question Incog, easy as pie, the harder ones I'll send after the first wave and you will hate me for it lol. Soki, glad to have you back on your feet and I'll check the posts after I get out of the shower. For now, again, sorry for the delay.

Vergil1989
Member for 14 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!