Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat β€” the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

a part of “Absolute Zero”, a fictional universe by Nyxeth.

In the year 2301, the world has been ravaged by nuclear holocaust, the resulting radioactive fallout has caused mutation amongst the remaining human population, this is the era of ESP, Extra Sensory Perception, psychics.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Absolute Zero”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Absolute Zero

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nightraid on Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:09 pm

Alvaron, you are awesome. The amount of effort you and everybodycelse are putting into this RP is truly commendable. I am glad that I joined it.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Nightraid
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Incarnation on Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:56 pm

Is it to late to join in on the fun? I've got a couple of character ideas, although I'm not sure if they'd be acceptable.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Incarnation
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyxeth on Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:22 pm

Not at all, even when the IC is put up, the nature of this RP allows for new characters to be introduced fairly easily.

Nyxeth
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kashim on Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:15 pm

Hey Alvaron,

I got a few questions.

Do they still have Burger King and McDonald's in 2301?

Is there a shortage in fossil fuels in 2301, namely oil?

What is the primary method of power generation in 2301: nuclear, oil, solar, tidal, wind, etc?

What's the condition in the United States like?

Kashim
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Incarnation on Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:21 pm

Cool. I posted a character, but I made him the german scientist who dicovered the Zero Gene. I'm not sure if that's allowed or not. If it isn't, tell me and I'll post a new character.

Incarnation
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyxeth on Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:51 pm

No, it isn't allowed Incarnation.

Kashim: Yes, those food chains still exist, most vehicles have converted to electricity, nuclear generators provide most of the power for the nations. The entirety of the east coast of America has been glassed by nuclear fallout, the RP takes place in England, London.

Nyxeth
Member for 16 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Contributor Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Incarnation on Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:13 pm

Alright then, I'll post a new one.

Incarnation
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Incarnation on Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:17 pm

On second thought, I'll join in later on, once the story gets going.

Incarnation
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Aliath on Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:55 pm

Still lacking detail, or is it the character itself that's a bother? :/

Aliath
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyxeth on Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:23 am

IC is up, check the top of the original post. Now allow me to introduce a few NPCs whom I will be using to interact with the several groups for plot development:

Name: Maria McFrey

Faction: EPC

Role/Position: Head of The EPC Intelligence Department

Appearance: Maria could be dubbed as 'prim', her attire is with held and con formative to drab schemes of gray and white. Her hair a graying blonde, perhaps from stress. In general though she comes off as imposing at an overly tall height.

Personality: Maria is authoritative and strict, in semblance of the teacher at school no one particularly liked yet listened to in fear of being caned. Her nationality is that of the Irish bloodline whom land is now long gone in nuclear dust and having been raised by her family, her accent is thick and domineering over the colloquial tones of the workers.

Anything of Note: As the head of intelligence, Maria has access to the EPC's vast wealth of knowledge and as such spends much of her time organising EPC activities.

Name: Jacob Fletcher

Faction: Primus

Role/Position: Primus Geneticist

Appearance: Jacob is on the verge of being doddling, at 64 his hair lay a stark white - well whats left of it - upon his pasty and graying skin. His usual attire is that of a lab coat, in fact its all he is ever found in. One would suspect he sleeps in it.

Personality: Friendly, talkative and intelligent - oh and borderline insane. - Jacob despite the motives of the company whom has him in employ, takes advantage of the lucrative research budget to expand and compound upon his knowledge of genetics. Ever since the Mountain incident, he could be called the world authority on the matter.

Anything of Note: As a Geneticist of Primus, Jacob is under sway to research and discern information relating to the Zero Subjects as his primary field of study.

Name: ?

Alternative Name: Mr. Shroud

Faction: Shroud

Role/Position: Owner(?) Of Shroud / Lead Executive

Appearance: Mr. Shroud is an enigma of a man, he never appears in public, nor in the open at all and deals with all situations via electronic communication. As such his appearance is unknown.

Personality: From what was recorded, Mr. Shroud's voice is found to be synthesised and as such his personality is hard to discern, despite this his actions entail things from reactions via anger and rage to a calculative and methodical train of thought in business.

Anything of Note: No one in Shroud, or potentially anyone knows who this man, or if it even is a man is. All they know is his name is listed as the Head Executive and owner of Shroud and any who step too far in trying to find out about him disappear very quickly.

Nyxeth
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nightraid on Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:57 am

I'm glad to hear the IC is up, but may i ask why we aren't using the RP tab to post ?

Nightraid
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyxeth on Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:05 pm

Because until the RP tab gets a few formatting tools, I'll be using the forums.

Nyxeth
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chuckles on Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:13 pm

I'll be holding off on going IC for a while, simply because I think the nature of my character would be better suited to a later start (depending on how quickly things heat up.)

can't wait to see the rest come in though, enjoying the read so far!

Chuckles
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Novelist Storyteller World Builder Group Theory Lifegiver Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyxeth on Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:39 pm

Chuckles, I actually have a pretty good step in spot for you come my next post, I'll toss it up shortish.

Nyxeth
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chuckles on Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:18 pm

Sounds good.

notes that it will not allow me to post "Sounds good." because someone has already posted that...

Chuckles
Member for 16 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Arc Warden Novelist Storyteller World Builder Group Theory Lifegiver Person of Interest Tipworthy Visual Appeal

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyxeth on Sun Jun 06, 2010 8:45 pm

Derp - Oh and Syreaa (and anyone else) London has been rebuilt since WW3 (100 years prior.), its lost a lot of the traditional brick architecture of England and its much more modern steel & glass, a lot of high rise buildings and skyscrapers.

Nyxeth
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sgt. Colonel Major on Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:17 pm

Howdy, this RP seems really interesting, I would love to submit a character and give this this a shot.

Before I do though, I was just wondering what kind of weapons they use in this age, is it still mostly bullet based or are there new forms of weapon technology I should know about?

Also, what do you mean when you say that characters should be submitted in the RP tab?

Sgt. Colonel Major
Member for 14 years
Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nyxeth on Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:44 pm

Chemical based weaponry is still quite common amongst civilians, in the ethic of america and fire arms.

Military groups (and in associated, organised groups) would use more advanced technology such as Gauss weaponry (Coil/railguns), lasers and similar do not exist.

And characters should be submitted here: roleplay/absolute-zero/#characters

Nyxeth
Member for 16 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nightraid on Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:07 am

I think I'm gonna wait with my next reply until Alvaron and Chuckles have posted. I already have something in mind, though, and i hope you guys will like it ^^

Nightraid
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lightsinner on Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:50 am

Ok hello im here. Now what am i supossed to do?....Blame NIght for my ignorance.
"I’m going to chop off his him and feed it to an elephant!"
"Um...Why don’t you feed it to something more menacing like a lion?"
"No! You can't say 'My arm go eaten by an elephant' Without sounding like a complete moron!"

Lightsinner
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Novelist Lifegiver

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!