Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

The Empire

The Empire

a part of “The Empire”, a fictional universe by chris45.

a young prince loses his kingdom, his father and his way of life. he now seeks aid from a band of mercenaries and thieves.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “The Empire”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] The Empire

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chris45 on Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:08 pm

If you have any questions about the story that you need answered right away, just send me a message I will get to it and send you a response as quickly as I can. If you have something that is just a small thing, that you don’t mind waiting to get an answer to just leave it here and I will get to it.

IC: "The Empire"
What is a "free" gift ? Aren't all gifts free?
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
He who laughs last thinks slowest!
[b]NEW RP BY ME!! JOIN b]
http://www.roleplaygateway.com/roleplay/of-gods-and-men/l

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

chris45
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] The Empire

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby kablamow on Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:10 pm

You said that you was looking for a second leader to Fang?
Kablamow, The sound a exploding granade makes in small spaces.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

kablamow
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chris45 on Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:13 pm

I did say that and I’m still looking, I want the person who plays second in command to be my co-gm. But if I don’t find one I’ll just let whoever wants the part have it.

chris45
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Fabled_Tales on Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:38 pm

I have an idea for a character but I didn't see thief on the class list, can I play a thief? I will pick something else if you do not want that.
18+ Freeform roleplay about heaven, hell, and the supernatural between http://www.rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=46642&date=1321123164
We could use quite a few people, come check us out!

Fabled_Tales
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chris45 on Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:21 pm

the assassin class is the thief class, but if you just want to call your character a thief go ahead.

chris45
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Nihilus on Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:54 pm

Unable to send PM yet for some reason. I changed Kural's magic to be Light and Dark and explained how he incorporated the two to create Void. I also drew from what is believed to be the only way to achieve Void Magic from Hindu and Buddhist mythology, if that's alright.

Nihilus
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Zetta on Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:57 pm

I'm interested as signing up for the position of Gabriel's guard. If possible, could you PM me the necessary info?
fisssh

Zetta
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chris45 on Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:32 pm

@Nihilus, ok i will check it out, thank you for telling me.

@Zetta, alright i will send you the info. i will have that for you sometime today.

chris45
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ginko on Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:31 pm

I have a question about the length of posts in the RP. I just wanted to know if there is a specific length you're looking for? Or are you leaving it up to the RPers to judge what would be considered a reasonable length? I'm sure I can handle writing it if there is one, however I just wanted to be sure so I don't end up making a post that is too short.
Last edited by Ginko on Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ginko
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chris45 on Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:31 pm

well i don't really have a set length, but i don't like one liners because i will usually write a paragraph or more. so i just ask that everyone try to write a paragraph but i can understand if some people cant.

I will also try to write things as detailed as i possibly can so people can write more. before i ramble on(I do that often so if it happens just stop me)

my goal is to have everyone write at least a paragraph.

hope i answered your question.

(Btw everyone rp has started)

chris45
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ginko on Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:37 pm

Yes you answered my question, thank you. ^^ Oh, but while I'm at it I also have a question about the Bird Lytheren. Are they allowed to have wings while in their human-like form, or is that only in their animal form? (I ask this because they are supposed to have animal characteristics even while in human form.)

Ginko
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chris45 on Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:27 pm

yes that is a part of their animal characteristics, the beasts have ears, horns or whatever type of distinguishable feature their animal form has. the birds have wings, and reptiles have scales or wings.

if you have any other questions just ask i have no problem answering them.

chris45
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chris45 on Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:51 pm

Ok, so I came up with an idea that I want to try out, I’m going to create semi npcs, these characters will be part of the story, but they wont be main characters. if anyone wants to make them main characters they can.
I just created them now to make the story a little more interesting. I will be adding more characters to this list and if anyone wants to make their own semi npcs go ahead.

Name: Helena

Race: human

Class: mage

Weapon: magic

Armor type: light

Main Element(s): Earth and Water, Helena has a connection with all the plants near her, she can tell when enemies are coming making it impossible for anyone to sneak into Kolera with out her knowing. Helena can make the plants grow and can make them fight for her. Helena uses her water magic to control the clouds and the weather, this takes a lot of magical power because Helena is forcing nature to do what she wants.

Position: Fang member, Seer

Residence: Kolera

Personality: Helena is kind to everyone, she is a fun person to be around and she has kind of a care free life. Helena is very protective of her sister Elizabeth. Helena would fight the strongest foe if it meant she could keep her sister safe. Helena is also protective of each of the members of fang, she considers them her family.

History: Helena lost her family when bandits raided her home town, she was the only one to make it out alive. On her way to find a place to stay, she came across a young green haired Elven girl who was crying on the side of the road. Helena went to the girl and comforted her, the girl became attached to Helena and started following her around. The girl didn’t have a name so Helena named her Elizabeth after the baby sister she had that died when the bandits raided her town. After a day of traveling they arrived at Kolera and they met Wolf who took them in.
Appearance: Image

Physical features: 5’7, 115 pounds, silver eyes, long black and grey hair. She has a few scars on her back, they were from when she was attacked. She often wears a flower in her hair. Her skin is pale, kind of like a princess who is rarely let outside.

Name: Elizabeth

Race: elf

Class: mage

Weapon: dagger. Magic

Armor type: Light

Main Element(s): Light and Dark, Elizabeth has a rare kind of magic, spirit magic. She is able to contact the realm of the spirits and she is able to receive guidance from the spirits she meets. She is also able to summon a single spirit to fight for her, but she isn’t very good at this because of her age and lack of training. It is said that spirit magic is one of the most powerful forms of magic because the mage who uses it can spy on their enemies and even attack them with out them knowing who the attacker or spy was.

Position: Fang member

Personality: Elizabeth is a free spirit, she likes to be her own person and just have fun. Elizabeth loves playing jokes on people because she likes to make them laugh. She considers everyone her older brothers and sisters because most of the members of fang treat her as a younger sister. Elizabeth doesn’t like talking about her past because it makes her sad, she just wants to be happy all the time. She doesn’t deal with sadness easily.

History: Elizabeth was abandoned by her parents because she had failed to complete the spirit walk, which is a mission that all spirit mages must take to master their spirit magic. Elizabeth was to afraid and she said she wouldn’t go. The rules of the people in her city were that any mage who didn’t take their journey to master their magic must be exiled. Her parents would not go against the people of the city so they forced her out into the forest to find her own way in life. That was when she met Helena, and found her new family in Fang.

Physical features: 5’4, weighs 100 pounds, she has long green hair that reaches down to the middle of her back. Her eyes are light green. She has a mark on her right arm, it is the mark that all people who are exiled from an Elven village or city receive. The mark is black when she is far from the city and red when she gets near the city, when the mark is red Elizabeth will feel a sharp pain in her arm.

Name: Flora

Class: assassin

Weapon: throwing knives, daggers

Position: Fang Member, scout

Personality: Flora rarely talks, the only people she will often talk to are Asher and Wolf. Flora doesn’t really show her emotions often. She can be kind but in her own way. Flora likes working because she hopes that she can get in a fight and get to kill someone. Flora loves fighting and she will often pick fights with Wolf because she likes to test his abilities.

History: Flora was born into the life of an assassin, her father was an assassin for hire and he taught her everything he knew. After she turned seventeen her father told her she would have to find her own way in life. So she went searching for work, she was soon hired as a guard of a wealth lord. That was when her path crossed with Fang, Fang was hired to steal from the wealth lord and kill him if necessary. Wolf told the others that were with him to go steal the gold while he took care of the lord. Wolf met with Flora and the two fought, Wolf beat her and than spared her life because he wanted her to join Fang. Flora agreed to join and she than killed the wealthy lord she was supposed to protect because of how evil the man was.

Physical features: 5’8, 110 pounds, her black hair is long, but she often ties it up so it doesn’t get in her way. Flora’s eyes are light brown, she doesn’t have many scars, but the ones she does have are from her training with her father.

Name: Asher

Class: assassin

Weapon: poison daggers and sword (it is rarely used.)

Position: Fang member, cook

Personality: Asher is a kind person, he doesn’t like fighting much, but when he has to he makes sure to end his enemies life quickly. Asher likes cooking for the members of Fang, it relaxes him. Asher is normally a happy person, but sometimes he gets angry or sad. Then he isn’t much fun to be around.

History: Asher grew up in a wealthy family, he was trained by the best money could buy. Asher was a master with a sword at the age of thirteen, but he never got to use his skills. When he turned fourteen his parents told him he would soon be married to a wealthy young woman. But Asher didn’t want that so he packed his bags and he left without saying a word. Asher joined a group of thieves that taught him how to use daggers, he learned quickly, but he wasn’t as strong with them as he was with a sword. But Asher didn’t want to use the sword because it reminded him of his family and he just wanted to forget them. When he was fifteen he heard about Fang and he left the thieves to go join them.

Physical features: 5’9, weighs 120, his silver hair is cut somewhat short, he has reddish brown eyes. He doesn’t have many scars only a few from the jobs he has done will in Fang.

Name: Alice
Class: Healer
Weapon: knife, light magic
Armor type: none
Main Element(s): Light
Position: Ex- merchant apprentice/ adopted Fang member
Physical features: 5’6, 90 pounds, blonde hair, blue eyes
Last edited by chris45 on Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

chris45
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Dragon_Pirate on Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:24 pm

Mm while I am in the process of making my characters, If you still need Gabriel's archer, I shall do it.
I claim you as my lifemate.
I belong to you.
I offer my life for you.
I give to you my protection, my allegiance, my heart, my soul, and my body.
I take into my keeping the same that is yours.
Your life, happiness, and welfare will be cherished and placed above my own for all time.
You are my lifemate, bound to me for all eternity and always in my care.
~Carpathian Binding Ritual

Dragon_Pirate
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chris45 on Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:43 pm

I just sent you a message about that, i can't wait to see what you come up with.

chris45
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RPGLoVeR213 on Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:55 pm

I thought i might make a semi-npc

Name: Brock

Class: lancer

Weapon: lance, assassin's dagger

Personality: shown in roleplay

History: When he was a child, his father was in a bar. He somehow insulted an assassin, and ended up killed. His mother took care of him for many years, then he took care of his mother until she died. He moved in with his friends, and became Fang members. He doesn't tell anyone of his childhood.

Physical features: He has a scar that gives him a crooked smile. He is six one, and gets even taller with his favorite combat boots. His eyes are apple green.

Other: a black horse named Rollo
"you've got a warm heart, you've got a beautiful brain, but it's disintegrating."

RPGLoVeR213
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chris45 on Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:02 pm

ok it looks like a good character

chris45
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RPGLoVeR213 on Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:49 pm

Then i'd like to add more if that's okay. I thought we needed more healers

Name: Danielle

Race: wisdom

Class: healer/fighter

Weapon: dragon skin gauntlet

Position: Galandra citizen, sometimes help Fang with healing

Personality: Danielle is a really stubborn woman, but when it comes to healing, she is loving and caring. She never asks for anything in return for her services, and always does a good job. She always loved to gamble, but only drank on occasions, and small amounts.

History: When she was a small child, her father beat her. He scratched her, kicked her, and slapped her. Then finally one day she turned into a lion and ate her father. She never harmed a soul then after, not even a fly. Her mother, a healer, taught her the healing arts, and found potential in her. Then she would always heal the swordsmen in the village. A wealthy Lady Karissa apointed her a healer in her mansion. She was murdered in the night a year after, so Danielle moved to Kolera with her love, Jamison. Happily married, they settled in a town west of Kolera. After a painful miscarriage and death, Danielle moved in Kolera, and became a part-time healer for Fang.

Physical features: She has cesnut brown hair, with normal blue eyes. She is 6'0", and carries a cross with her at all times. Her neck is covered in cuts and scars. Her palms are red and hard skinned. She has a horizontal scar on her biggish nose.

Other: She always has her journal with her, dating who she healed and of what.

Name: Alexandra

Race: reptile lytheren

Class: rider

Weapon: gauntlets with claws

Mount: pegasus, Jhana Image

Personality: She is also very stubborn, and when drunk is either cruel or giggly. She is usually quiet and subdued. She always loves a good fight, and can't resist when one pops up. She is the voice of reason when something stupidly dangerous comes up.

History: Danielle's sister, same background except rider potiential.

Physical features: She is 6'0" with long black hair and a serpent tattoo on her shoulder. She has emerald green eyes, ruby red when in serpent mode. She has green, blue, and white scales on her other shoulder.

Other: She is a drunk at least once a week.
Last edited by RPGLoVeR213 on Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RPGLoVeR213
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby chris45 on Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:00 pm

i only see one problem with your character, Wisdom's and Berserker's don't have animal form, they just get their parents strength not their shifting ability

chris45
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RPGLoVeR213 on Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:16 pm

Okay i changed it

RPGLoVeR213
Member for 14 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!