Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

a part of “2042”, a fictional universe by MadHatter.

**DEAD** (a WORD to the WISE, be CAREFUL who you LET onto YOUR roleplay)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “2042”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] 2042

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Koritai on Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:04 pm

Have any room for one more?

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Koritai
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MadHatter on Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:05 pm

Sure, the more the merrier... to a degree. But it's cool if you join.
I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge.
Knowledge is limited.
Imagination encircles the world.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

MadHatter
Member for 14 years
Promethean Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ceoltior on Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:41 pm

Someone needs to post quickly, or else the rp could easily die of malnourishment.
0=={==============>

Ceoltior
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lovely VonSchultz on Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:49 pm

I agree. I don't want to be the last post. :( It would make me look like a murderer. And I don't wanna go to RP jail!

God, I'm such a loser. -headdesk-

Lovely VonSchultz
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Koritai on Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:35 pm

Making character now.

Koritai
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Greeter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Koritai on Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:29 am

Is it okay if I expand on the whole Synth thing? Like their background and such? By your profile, I don't have much to work with, so I was hoping to be able to expand on it.

Koritai
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MadHatter on Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:18 pm

It depends on what you want to add. Submit your character and then I'll tell you if it needs any changes. But sure, add stuff. I'm all for creativity.

NOTICE: if you want to make a suggestion or have an idea, please PM me first about it, don't go and just post this idea willy-nilly (yes, I JUST said that). It will save us all alot of confusion and time. Thank you!
Last edited by MadHatter on Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MadHatter
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Koritai on Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:49 pm

Alright sounds great, I'm actually quite exhausted so I'll finish it later.

Koritai
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby vangelis on Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:27 am

My latest (and second...) post just introduced an idea. There are thousands of small, private enclaves inside Greater Metro. Some of them are peaceable. They're just glorified, self-sufficient subdivisions. Some of them are more militant and stake the inside of their enclave as sovereign territory. Charles's just blew his cover on a recon mission. Now the cavalry is coming in.

More importantly, these enclaves are popping up everywhere. They could hideouts for rebels. They could undermine the power of the central government. Who knows.

vangelis
Member for 14 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MadHatter on Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:27 pm

Thats is an interesting idea, but unforunately, an implausible one. While there are people who want to live independantly from the Government, there is nowhere to go. There are no empty parts of the city, and civilians can't get their hands on the type of firepower needed to forcefully take a part of Metropolis. Plus, Tte Government has control of almost everything, and you would need permission to set up an Enclave in the first place, which you wouldn't get. Otherwise, the Government would shut it down before it really started.

Unless... unless these Enclaves are located on Terra (the ground). Because then the inhabitants would be outlaws, defying the Government with the establishment of a colony in one of the many caves dotting Terra. If this is what you meant, then the Enclave are fine, but they can't be located inside the city.

(Also, if they are a small colony living in the bowels of the earth, chances are they don't have machine guns. The best they could hope for are pistols and the occasional shotgun. Remember, they are scavenging for a living in the belly of a very large city.)

MadHatter
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Koritai on Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:42 pm

Sorry, the character's going to take a while longer. I've a mountain of homework to tackle.

Koritai
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MadHatter on Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:06 am

People need to start posting more. There is no point in being in a roleplay where only one or two people post per week. And what the hell happened to all of our people? Most of you haven't been on in at least two weeks.

MadHatter
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lovely VonSchultz on Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:29 am

I guess I can post a filler. I thought someone was going to post in response to Vangelis. -shrug- :P Gimme some time and I'll get one up there.

Lovely VonSchultz
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ceoltior on Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:52 pm

RPGlover seems to be causing a good deal of the halting. I'm waiting on Alyssa's response to Michael and Stinger seems to be doing something similar. If she doesn't post in [insert # of days here] days we should probably just say she suffered a spontaneous bout of fainting and then move on. SOMETHING has to be done.

Ceoltior
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MadHatter on Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:41 pm

Just go on without her. If you read her post before your last one, she has already left the Resistance headquarters, travelled back into Greater Metropolis, and met up with some unknown boyfriend of hers. It would be alot easier to edit your question to her out of your post and continue on as if she had already left. That is the only option right now, because I'm not going to waste my time trying to contact her. If she doesn't want to RP right now, we shouldn't let her abrupt departure throw us off of our story.

MadHatter
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MadHatter on Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:51 pm

Turns out that Aquinoman hasn't been on the site since November. Anyone want to take over his character "Stinger"; or should we scrap him and make a new Resistance figurehead? The character is up for grabs, or the recycling bin. It's your call, people. You've all had more interaction with his character than I have.

MadHatter
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby RPGLoVeR213 on Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:57 pm

Sorry i have been delaying, I didn't know what to answer Mike with. So i have a post coming!
"you've got a warm heart, you've got a beautiful brain, but it's disintegrating."

RPGLoVeR213
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ceoltior on Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:10 pm

Turns out we conveniently have Koritai wanting to create a character, he could very easily become the new resistance leader, wether by creation of a new character or by simply filling stingers shoes.

Ceoltior
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby MadHatter on Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:33 pm

Interesting idea, Ceoltior. We will have to see what Koritai wants to do when he logs back on.

Logging off for now, but I might get back on later.
Last edited by MadHatter on Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MadHatter
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lovely VonSchultz on Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:35 pm

Yeah.. my character is pretty much useless until something happens.

(Way to go LvS. :P)

But as soon as I get a chance, I'll give her something to do... All I can do really is send her off to the bank to work. >_> And that would be a boring post of her talking about how much she loves her kid... again. I think I've established how much she loves the child.

Lovely VonSchultz
Member for 14 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!