Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Morrowind's Salvation

Morrowind's Salvation

a part of “Morrowind's Salvation”, a fictional universe by Imehal.

Contacted in their dreams by the Daedra Azura, a chosen few are promised their heart's desire in return for returning Morrowind back to its former glory following the eruption of Red Mountain, which has devastated the realm.

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Morrowind's Salvation”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

[OOC] Morrowind's Salvation

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imehal on Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:26 pm

Morrowind's Salvation Tab - Click Me!

We'll be using the OOC to scheme, work out character ideas and for me to use as an information dump in the first two posts or so, which will consist of setting information and probably a rather concise progress update.

Progress Update
Gasmask: Alright. Either your CD is corrupted, which'd explain the crashing and odd stuffs.
Imehal: Or?
Gasmask: Your windows really, really, really hates icewind dale.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Imehal
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Completionist Lifegiver

Re: [OOC] Morrowind's Salvation

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imehal on Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:38 am

Setting

The State Of The Land

Red Mountain has erupted, consuming many of the closest Dwarvish ruins and devastating the landscape of Vvardenfell beyond recognition. Ash storms become commonplace throughout and lava streams, though relatively easily avoided, are everywhere. Imperial Legion patrols have doubled with faction guards to temper the chaos back into relative peace but with the tension between all three factions, this is proving most ineffective. Out of all the numerous cities and towns, only a smattering of still stand relatively unscathed, the most notable being Balmora, Ebonheart and Gnisis. The trading city of Narsis also still stands and Blacklight, which is now House Redoran's new capital, though it is under attack from both Nordic and Orcish forces on a regular basis.

Balmora has been unexpectedly turned into a haven for those who are unaligned to a faction with Telvanni and Redoran faction members being slaughtered if recognised within the town's boundaries. This prompted a great deal of secrecy about one's allegiances whilst frequenting the area.

The eruption, as well destroyed the appearance of Morrowind, also awakened a titan – presumably created within Kagrenac's workshops - that had been slumbering for millions of years beneath Morrowind.

It becomes the scourge of all life near the graze-lands and ghost-gate. it forces the Ashlanders to flee the graze-lands and set up camp near Balmora, thus setting the local citizens on edge. Conflict threatens both people seeing as Ashlanders think that Balmora is ruining the nature around the region they live in. Hlaau and the Ashlanders want to get rid of both each other.

Solsthiem has been taken over by the Nords, driving out the imperials and dunmer. No one is allowed within the walls that are not of Nordic heritage, which prompts the Imperials to launch a full scale invasion, resulting in the first wave being killed and looted mercilessly. War is coming, slowly but surely. The native Skaal start raiding the coasts and whilst the Neravarine might have helped them before, a new chieftain has seized control of the clan. The Argonians, taking advantage of the situation, come slinking around the land, setting up outposts and engaging in skirmishes with the settled in forces before making quick retreats. There are also reports of Argonian 'death squads'; those trained to hunt out and deal with key opposers to their advance, both Dunmeri and Nordic. The two invasions of their homeland has set native Dunmer against nearly anyone of Argonian or Nordic origins.

But could someone get to Solsthiem and bargain with the new chieftain? Is that even possible? Who would be set in their way?

Ald'ruhn, now overrun by Daedra, has large Daedric spires encircling into the sky. A portal has opened up and every few days, a new daedra of numerous shapes and colour emerges, creating the beginnings of what could be seen as a skilled encroachment upon Morrowind territory. The empire – now led by a unknown called Titus Mede - reacts to this new threat by sending in legionaries and shock troopers only to hear in the reports that make it back that they are incurring more losses than the invaders. The only option seems to be getting to the portal and dealing with whatever is on the other side but it is proving easier said than done.

Factions of Morrowind

The factions suddenly roar to life using the chaos erupting to take active war against each other. Telvanni and Hlaau becoming brutal enemies and execution of Telvanni members in Hlaau territory and vice versa becomes commonplace. Telvanni tries and fails to resurrect slavery. Telvanni numbers drop and their corpses used as warnings.

Leadership amongst the main factions of Morrowind is in contest. The Telvanni's is killed in the faction wars that have broken one, as is Hlaau's leader. The former faction is left in disarray, no one having come forward strong enough to take the spot, causing chaos with their fighting amongst the ranks.
Balmora, Ebonheart, Gnisis, and a couple of the only cities left still standing and in order. The controllers have changed, Gnisis is now controlled by the Telvanni. Balmora is still controlled by the Hlaau and Ebonheart is jointly controlled with the empire and Redoran. But Redoran has grown more hostile since the loss of several important dwemer weapon caches...

Hlaau is now headed by a strange individual who never removes his helmet, leading to great suspicion that he is in fact a vampire.

Redoran comes across an ancient dwarven dock, awakening a dwarvish pirate-lord when he dons an ancient set of armour. His wraith rebuilds an air ship and takes to the skies, assembling a ghostly crew to plague the Redoran cities and armies. The reaction to this new threat is hiring a swathe of new members. The faction are slaughtering both Telvanni and Hlaau members alike.

The Invisible War

An invisible war broke out when the Dark Brotherhood slinks in from Ebonheart. They still hold doubts about the success of their last attempt at assassination in Morrowind. They smuggle in weapons, armour and the like, allowing them to set up camps across the ruined Vvardenfell, both in the wilderness and in abandoned homes. Of course, it is not long before the Morag Tong become aware of the intrusion, systematically hunting and killing Dark Brotherhood members.

Bodies stripped of weapons and armour start to be found in the streets of the still standing towns and cities.

Vivec

Vivec has become a mortal wanderer, spreading rumours of a blue and gold tattooed dark elf throughout the land. The party come across him and try to offer their aid in the restoration of his city, sunken below the waters by a ballistic moon, the area now known as the Scathing Bay. The bandits also now rule over what areas of the city are still accessible above water level.
The settled dunmer still hold respect as he was the only one to ascend and descend from godhood and he still retains much of his fighting and magical prowess. This makes him a formidable fighter in his own right and could hold just the morale boost to the people of Morrowind if he could be convinced to dedicate to the cause.

There are rumours of a militia forming to tackle the bandit activity and take back what little of Vivec remains above the water.

Resurgence Of Vampires And Changes Within The Guilds

Vampires are rising up from their dwarven hideouts due to the eruptions which results in people on the outskirts of cities disappearing overnight. Families are found drained of their blood. Vampire hunters start killing off fledgling vampires only to find that the elders are back to stalking the lands by night and hiding out in Ancestor tombs. A new guild is assembled to combat the renewed threat.

The Fighters Guild adopts this new 'guild' into its main structure, creating a side-path for those who wish to train to fight against the vampires. Unsurprisingly because of all that is going on, the Fighter's Guild has an influx of new members but they are unskilled, most seeking protection from the dangers of the ruined land.

The Mages Guild has all but dissolved its presence in Morrowind, replaced with the two new but mysterious organisations; the Synods and the College of Whispers. However, they are not recognised as official and therefore denied guild halls, incurring their frustration. Consequentially, they join up and establish themselves in the old Mages Guild Hall in Balmora. The immediate reaction to this is the Telvanni sending spies and such, working to create discomfort between the two. Eventually, when there aren't many members remaining of either group, the newly merged guild separates as it is forced out into the wilderness, creating their independent guild halls.

The Synods establish a deal with the Dark Brotherhood's presence in Pelgiad, creating the beginnings of a new city within the ruins. The terms of the agreement are unknown.

The Thieves Guild learn the apparently less than acceptable truth of the Grey Fox's identity. Rumours are circulating throughout the guild that a new Khajiit thief has found the ring of the Khajiit, using it to perform amazing robberies. His next target is reportedly to steal Volendrung from its previously well-kept secure location.

Dwemer Potential Invasion

((This section is totally alien to me, so I'm just re-writing it a bit. I presume that those who know what it means can implement it well.))

The Dwemer machinations that have gone largely undisturbed -except the occasional adventurers and lurkers - has had the facilities destroyed by the lava, sending what is left of the remaining ruins into overdrive, pouring out never before seen machines and soldiers. The ruins are amassing armies once more but with no orders to follow, they endlessly patrol what was once 'Dwemer' territory. Steam rises from the ash lands as the heavy steps of a newly created mechanical titan marches alongside them. Although it is not an immediate threat like those coming from the Nordic and Argonian assaults, it is clear that the situation needs to be remedied before the army falls into the wrong hands.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Imehal
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Contributor Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imehal on Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:45 pm

Also, Crow and Thrald approved now too though I do want to have words with Gasmask. I'm halfway through my rogue and hopefully will her her finished before the end of the week. ^)^

Imehal
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sibrand on Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:04 am

So, do you have any date set on when we're going to start this?

Sibrand
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Duchessa on Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:22 pm

I'm just waiting for Imehal's rogue! I think that'll be the generally-acknowleged start date, unless we get a massive upsurge in interest and characters suddenly appearing :p

Duchessa
Member for 14 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imehal on Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:00 pm

I'm terribly late, I know. Christmas is a dreadful time of year for me. Lots of travelling, planning and shopping.

My thief is coming within the next week but yes, once I have her up and submitted I'll be looking to start sharpish after that. I do apologise for the wait in this coming and appreciate everyone's patience.

Imehal
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Duchessa on Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:32 pm

Recieved your message, Imehal. Ready to go when you are.

Duchessa
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XavierDantius32 on Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:41 am

I'm ready to go when my character gets accepted. Can't wait :D

XavierDantius32
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imehal on Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:58 am

I approved your profile Xavier and sent you a PM regarding it. I'm just awaiting replies from the other three people interested. All the PMs have been sent, so if I do not hear by the end of tomorrow I'll begin regardless.

It's been a long time coming but we will get this started! =)

So date to start is late on 29th of December.

Imehal
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XavierDantius32 on Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:30 pm

I'm going to be away for two nights tomorrow, so if its alright with you Imehal, I'll post tonight :)

XavierDantius32
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imehal on Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:20 am

Xavier, I expect it's going to have to be fine seeing as how you've already posted!

This'll all be taking place in the 'Posting' section of the tab so you're all aware.

In truth it is fine as it sets off the posting nicely. My opener will cover the scene in Balmora in the morning after the night set by Marcelle where Venira is being set to be hanged for being Telvanni as well as introducing Porithia herself elsewhere. That scene will allow entry for Crow if I remember correctly.

Thald, Marcelle and Divendre's players please let me know if you're struggling to think of entry ideas so we can figure out possible ones though I figure the execution will be a pretty big crowd gatherer.

I've one niggle before we get going. I appreciate that we're all using the talents/flaws for the races from the games but realistically, the 'points' and time limits do not correlate well. I would suggest that skills that last a minute can last a combat on the forums whereas things like 'Voice of the Emperor' try and make it not seem like a power is being used. These are natural talents that the races possess. Try and make it look so, alright?

Be sensible with resists as well. It doesn't make you immune, just less likely to catch/get hurt by something. You will frequently see Por running behind things when a mage flings a spell in her direction. They make wonderful roleplays points, so don't waste them!

Now, a post!

Imehal
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Gasmask on Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:28 am

Sorry about the wait for my post. +_+. Also me not making any contact, my bad.

Anyway, we need a post order.
[left]Image[left]
Tiko says:
I still wanna punch him in the face
Mid says: Gas 1, Mid 0.

Gasmask
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Party Starter Person of Interest Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imehal on Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:18 pm

Pfft the wait is fine. You still to post on the meeting thread though!

As for a post order, I am inclined to agree as I haven't had a chance to post as Porithia and nor has Sibrand as his character before a second round seems to have been instigated. I'll be tending to make two posts; one to support scenarios/play NPCs and one for Porithia herself unless the two posts can meld into one. Good order would be:

XavierDantius32
Duchessa
Omnichromiogasm
GasMasque
Sibrand (when the character is entered)
Imehal

Is this agreeable?

Obviously, this will be subject to change when circumstances affect grouping.

I'll slot Porithia in on the plot post this time and take her away from the action a bit.
Last edited by Imehal on Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Imehal
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XavierDantius32 on Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:18 pm

Mkay, I can work with that.

XavierDantius32
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby FaeFire on Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:19 pm

Aww.. I missed the sign up period, OH well I wanna see where this goes, I'm a massive TES Nerdlette, Good luck and happy new years
"Pain is madatory, Misery is Optional"

Well, we can't salute ya, Can't fly the flag. If that don't suit ya, well that's a drag!!!

FaeFire
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Omnichromiogasm on Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:02 pm

post order's cool with me. hopefully i wont forget >_<;

Omnichromiogasm
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Sibrand on Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:14 pm

Alright, noticed the post order ^^ Once my moment comes I'll post and then I'll follow the post order ;)

Oh and I've also updated Thald's profile, or at least tried to. I was in a hurry when I did it and I haven't had the time to do anything until today so now almost every spell problem and things alike should be gone.

Sibrand
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration World Builder Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imehal on Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:18 pm

Just to note: Progress report will go on the tab seeing as I can't edit my first post. Another copy of the posting order shall exist there too.

FaeFire, I'm just about coping with the level of members I've got so I'm sorry. Sibrand, I checked over Thald and he's still got a few errors but otherwise right as rain. I can't wait to see him get his moment!

I'm glad the posting order seems to be not a problem, though I note I've taken out my plot post from the order. I'll just let people know if I need an extra post for Azura or plot. Also we seem to have lost Omni as a member for Divindre' has been abandoned. I'm not sure of the reasons and hope that they'll come to me and explain if they had a mind to return.

Right; to business.

Firstly, I've added a few links to the tab for ease of access when it comes to maps and information checking.

Now... Plot!

Currently we have (hopefully) Crow, Marcelle, Por and Venira making an escape from the latter's execution towards the Odai per the thief's direction. The intention is for the group to escape – with or without injury – down river to the abandoned Hlaalu mansion on the left bank south of Balmora. From there, we aim to gather up the discarded group – by luck or having them help each other to the shore. They come across the mansion and from there they can have a few hours respite and as the guards check throughout the town and river for the fugitive and her accomplices.

Whilst they are resting a vision comes upon them jointly, save for Thald whom gets a slightly different one. It is to travel west to Hla Oad for their actions, whilst brave, have made them wanted in this area. Hopefully they'll set out to do just that and get ambushed on the way by the searching guards, vastly outnumbered. That is until our trusty ranger starts raining down arrows, per his marking!

And then we have a full group making their way to their destination under the assumption that their task will be presented to them there. Of course, they'll be getting a boat elsewhere before Azura reveals her master plan for them but... they don't know that.

It is a little sketchy but I don't want to plan anything too too much just in case the characters change the flow of the tale and I'm ready for that occurrence. I'm aware the group isn't going to get along swimmingly and I've allowed for that. I do plans for the roleplay's overarching plot and if people would like to see them for giving input I'd be happy!

I cannot emphasise enough that if someone is having a problem to PM me and if you have ideas, however small or unformed, please please post them here so we can talk them out a bit. I've never denied that this is a group project in plotting and posting so everyone has a right to a say on what happens here!

Imehal
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Duchessa on Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:26 pm

Just thought I'd record that I've not vanished or given up - the snow's killed my internet for the last few days and so I haven't been able to do anything. I'll post either later today or tomorrow - I have it mostly written :)

Duchessa
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Imehal on Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:48 am

Huzzah and welcome back!

You have awesome timing; I was about to PM you today to find out what was up as you'd been so active and gung-ho earlier on. Good to know things have cleared up for you. =)

Imehal
Member for 15 years

Next

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!