Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Wild, Wild Wasteland

Wild, Wild Wasteland

a part of “Wild, Wild Wasteland”, a fictional universe by Basta.

All good things come to an end. What you do with the ashes, however, is your business. [DEAD FOR NOW]

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Wild, Wild Wasteland”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Wild, Wild Wasteland

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arke on Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:14 pm

Lots of guys use asexual names. Sorayu is what my friend uses, and he's a dude.

Speaking of Kiku, I've been meaning to ask if it had a meaning. I know "kuro" can phonetically translate into "black" for Japanese, but I don't know what "kiku" means.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Arke
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Basta on Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:27 pm

(.m.) *is a girl, too.*

I've seen a post of 4000 words once, but then I had to leave due to my feelings of epic inferiority.

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Basta
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:24 pm

@Shiva: Kiku means chrysanthemum. My gender becomes much easier to discern with obscure language skills. (^_^)

@Skully: Yikes. I mean, I guess it's possible, but 4000 words just seems like overkill.
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:18 pm

Skully, Yonny, Lovely, and Kiku are all Female, if I guessed correctly. It's just something about their typing, and their character types they play that give it away. Except Yonny with her Russian. But still.

Now, Shiva? Shiva's a bloody mystery. I was thinking at first "Yep, that's a lady"

But now I'm all, "Nah... Has to be a dude"

So conflicted! And yeah... I think I may have lied on the post I said I was going to do. But since Lovely returned to us, I will have one up after her. Tomorrow. I am too tired to do much of anything. Water Parks and all that, ya know?
The Canticle of Fate: Silver Lion Stanza
"Though I am flesh, Your Light is ever present,
And those I have called, they remember,
And they shall endure."

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arke on Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:07 am

Bwahahaha, little do you know I am a amoeba with sentient thought! I reproduce by cloning myself!

I will post tommorow too. Talisman has yet to reply to Blint.

Arke
Member for 15 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Contributor Person of Interest Lifegiver Greeter Concierge Visual Appeal Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Yonbibuns on Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:23 am

Yonbibuns just isn't that masculine, I guess. Though, when I've used my other more common names, I was always mistaken as a guy; so no worries, Kiku-kachew. Actually, whenever I'm online and playing an MMO with Ventrilo... I'm almost ALWAYS mistaken for a guy, with a little kid voice.

It's awful. I get this a lot, "Is that your little brother on?" and, "... This is Shuggles." "Ohhh~ My bad."

I'm pretty androgynous, in real life.

AMOEBA SHIVA.

I usually guess that everyone's female until I sneak a peek at their profile, and sometimes it usually indicates whether or not I'm wrong. Good guesses, though, Talis!
Ambar: Snow & Ash
"For these words, he won't come around here,
and his eyes won't see."

Yonbibuns
Member for 14 years
Author Conversation Starter Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Promethean Inspiration Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lovely VonSchultz on Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:55 am

I always get confused by gender. I assume they are one thing, then they come out and say, "Nope! I'm this kind of gender!" And I'm all boggled of the mind. @_@ I quit guessing after I got all confused by Yonbiluva. Sooo good at playin' the dudes. I've learned a lot from you, dear! :D But yeah, I make it quite obvious what my gender is. Faye Valentine is my online persona. I look NOTHING like her. But I think she looks cool as my avvie. >D

Shiva. I am jealous of your epicocity. I wanna be an amoeba with a sentient thought. ;_;

Edit-

I am so not on my game right now. I've been out for way too long. That post was... eh.

Lovely VonSchultz
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:31 pm

Shiva has a new icon! Now instead of an abstract red something, it's a slightly-less abstract blue something! Yay!

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years
Beta Tester Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Millionaire Completionist Greeter Tipworthy Concierge Lifegiver Person of Interest

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arke on Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:33 pm

made 'em both meself.

-is proud-

Arke
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:39 pm

Props for the FE8 banner.

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arke on Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:59 pm

I lost my FE8 cartridge ;_; making it made me wanna play it so bad.

I could always get the ROM but I have to make up for so much lost progress.

Arke
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kurokiku on Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:05 pm

Now that's tragic. Really, I feel extremely bad for you now. The FE series are pretty universally awesome.

Isn't it funny how you always really want to play something and then can't find it? Happens to me all the time...

Kurokiku
Administrator
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arke on Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:28 pm

The newest one made me rather mad.

No support conversations and to get my favorite character you have to kill off some of your party members.

What's even more "funny" is when I was a kid and I played with Legos. That one goddamn piece I saw every time before when I didn't need it goes on an adventure when I want it.

Arke
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:47 pm

Sorry about that. I was slap in the middle of the post when my new phone came it. So I spent the next couple of hours playing with it and I forgot where I was going with my post...

My apologies.

Talisman
Member for 15 years
Contributor Author Promethean Conversation Starter Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Millionaire Completionist Arc Warden Beta Tester Lifegiver Tipworthy

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Basta on Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:41 am

Moving close to the 4 day mark....*has fear*

Basta
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Arke on Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:11 pm

Perhaps, if you're worried about inactivity you could recruit some fresh victims blood in the "Roleplayer's Wanted Sub-forum"? I don't know whether you want to keep it small or not, or if you even did already. Just a suggestion.

Let me go see if I can make a post.

Arke
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Lovely VonSchultz on Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:27 am

Don't worry! I'll post tonight! I was gonna post right now, after I wrote it up, but my computer is EVIL and my word processor stopped working and I lost the first half of the post I'd written. I have been thoroughly disheartened and so I will take a break to watch some Hetalia and fold laundry. Otherwise, I will end up breaking my laptop and I really don't wanna do that.

o_o

Lovely VonSchultz
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Talisman on Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:34 am

IT SUCKS DOES IT NOT- Wait, I've already done this bit elsewhere...

Point being, I know that feeling. It sucks, and it hurt my feelings so bad I couldn't even look at a roleplay for the following couple of days.

EDIT: Either way, I've managed to scrape out a post. Walker is surprisingly hard to write for.

Talisman
Member for 15 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kallas Redwater on Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:01 pm

I don't know if it already has been mentioned yet, but I just wanted to mention that rail-guns as you called them were being used, wilst laser-guns weren't because they drained batteries like crazy. Well, it turns out rail-guns use electromagnets to accelerate their projectiles, which costs enormous ammounts of energy, equal and above lasers energy needs.
there are things in this world that poeple mustn't touch....WHO CARES!!!

Kallas Redwater
Member for 14 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Basta on Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:13 pm

Unless these were future railguns that don't? D: I didn't really think about that. I was more talking about laser weapons that use a constant stream to inflict the necessary damage, while a railgun can recycle charges and what have you.

Basta
Member for 14 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!