Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Your Chance at Romance

Your Chance at Romance

a part of “Your Chance at Romance”, a fictional universe by theMoonlightTheory.

Love has always eluded you, but now, you are given a chance at true love. Will you find your soul mate? Or plunder to the depths of Forever Alone? FULL

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Your Chance at Romance”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: [OOC] Your Chance at Romance

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby theMoonlightTheory on Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:34 pm

Have fun where you are! Im waiting for everyone else to post... I don't what then to drop out so soon. The posts are also quite moderate in sizes. XD

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

theMoonlightTheory
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shmband on Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:44 am

I had a right ol' time trying to decide who I should send Toby after! I wish you hadn't sent the girls all in different directions! xD

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

shmband
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby I'm a Radical Dame! on Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:25 am

Back!! *waves*
We came back this morning instead of this evening........since they had a family emergency come up!

Gimmie a second to read all the posts made and then i'll respond......and maybe you should message asylumoftears & Christy to see if they're around still? and if not, then we can try and find people to take over the roles of the other two guys!? =P
And neither the angels in heaven above, nor the demons down under the sea; Can ever dissever my soul from the soul,
of the beautiful
Annabel Lee....

<3

I'm a Radical Dame!
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby I'm a Radical Dame! on Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:41 pm

PrincessBoy...........being of Asian decent, i'd like to "stick up for the people" by saying that we DO know how to converse with others outside of our race! LOL =P Sure, living here i'm surrounded by tons of Asians, but i grew up in Jersey for part of my childhood AND other parts of NYC too.....so i'm not more-uncomfortable around white or black or hispanic people, then i am asians lol xD. I just see people as people, like a lot of people do....... (^__-)

I'm a Radical Dame!
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby PrincessBoy on Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:27 pm

@I'm a Radical Dame! OH! i'm sorry if it came off that way...:< I have Asian friends too, but Tommy isn't supposed to be like that. It's just, the others in the island seemed to be different? idk what I'm saying anymore...I really didn't mean it to sound like...*headdesk* I can changed Tommy up...
Dear bitch,
You deserve to die. I changed your facebook status to "I like girls!" and changed your password.
I know you're taking my clothes. I know you're taking my clothes. So I've got the police coming.
Love forever, Heechul ♥

PrincessBoy
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shmband on Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:59 pm

And in fairness, "Asian" surely covers a lot of ground? lol. It kinda seems to me that Americans are in the habit of referring to other people by their continent rather than their country!! European...Asian....or hispanic which I presume basically refers to Latin America (or more specifically Mexico or Puerto Rico)? (I've never heard of an actual Spanish or Portuguese person referred to as "Hispanic", I guess they'd come under European?)

I've made that mistake myself of course.

Dan (my brother): Hey I've been learning a little Japanese.

Me: Oh that's cool, is that because of Jenna? (Jenna is his fiancee)

Dan: No...Jenna's Chinese.

Me: Oh...*feels like an idiot*

shmband
Member for 14 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Lifegiver Person of Interest Giver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby I'm a Radical Dame! on Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:46 pm

PrincessBoy wrote:@I'm a Radical Dame! OH! i'm sorry if it came off that way...:< I have Asian friends too, but Tommy isn't supposed to be like that. It's just, the others in the island seemed to be different? idk what I'm saying anymore...I really didn't mean it to sound like...*headdesk* I can changed Tommy up...

OMG NO!!!! I was just having fun with you, please don't change your character hun! lol =P

shmband wrote:And in fairness, "Asian" surely covers a lot of ground? lol. It kinda seems to me that Americans are in the habit of referring to other people by their continent rather than their country!! European...Asian....or hispanic which I presume basically refers to Latin America (or more specifically Mexico or Puerto Rico)? (I've never heard of an actual Spanish or Portuguese person referred to as "Hispanic", I guess they'd come under European?)

I've made that mistake myself of course.

Dan (my brother): Hey I've been learning a little Japanese.

Me: Oh that's cool, is that because of Jenna? (Jenna is his fiancee)

Dan: No...Jenna's Chinese.

Me: Oh...*feels like an idiot*

I don't do that. I was joking around by using a broad term w/ "asian decent"......i know it's a word that covers a large group of people lol. I know first hand how it feels to have people think i should know vietnames stuff, korean traditions, thailand food, & etc. just because i'm Asian......as if it's just one big giant blended culture called ASIAnese! LOL. So i don't do that when i'm talking about a specific person............now i do use broad terms to describe broad groups of people, like i was doing in the post above. And in my mind, i use Hispanic for anyone who is spanish. Not just Latin America, but Spaniards as well. I can't say everyone does that, but for me, i do. I use White people, for white-americans and sometimes Europeans, but most of the time i separate the two. I use black for black people outside of Africa, and then African for black OR white people inside of Africa, and then Asian for anyone who's from Asia........but when i'm talking about special people, or people in a non-broad sense, i don't just assume them a certain way because of the continent they're on.........i mean i'm the last person who would do that! rofl. And it's not just Americans who make grand assumptions, or gross generalizations about people at times, it's HUMAN BEINGS. >_<

I'm a Radical Dame!
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby theMoonlightTheory on Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:33 pm

Hmmm, well Asian people does cover a lot of countries and races (Being a full blooded Asian gal like myself) Sometimes I can't even tell one race from another. Example:

Me: Oh, hey. Are you Filipino? (Yes, they are Asian too XP)
New Friend: No, I'm Malaysian.
Me: Oh.... Alright. *Stupid distant look in eyes*

In the roleplay though, I'm not sure if the people can tell much difference between the Asian or European races. People blend and some people just don't look like what their nationality or ethnicity is. Calling them Asian or European or White isn't really a big deal if they aren't sure what their decent it. Maybe I'm utterly off topic with this but that's just my opinion. XP Generalization isn't bad cause some people I know would rather be called "Asian" then when someone gets their nationality wrong. Like I did...

@I'm a Radical Dame!
I PMed both of them and ChristyLovesYou said she couldn't go on the computer that day. But she still has not posted so I guess if they don't post within a day, we can start looking for people to fill their male slots.

Anyone know how to delete a character from the list? I don't know how.... x(

theMoonlightTheory
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby I'm a Radical Dame! on Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:48 pm

theMoonlightTheory wrote:Hmmm, well Asian people does cover a lot of countries and races (Being a full blooded Asian gal like myself) Sometimes I can't even tell one race from another. Example:

Me: Oh, hey. Are you Filipino? (Yes, they are Asian too XP)
New Friend: No, I'm Malaysian.
Me: Oh.... Alright. *Stupid distant look in eyes*

In the roleplay though, I'm not sure if the people can tell much difference between the Asian or European races. People blend and some people just don't look like what their nationality or ethnicity is. Calling them Asian or European or White isn't really a big deal if they aren't sure what their decent it. Maybe I'm utterly off topic with this but that's just my opinion. XP Generalization isn't bad cause some people I know would rather be called "Asian" then when someone gets their nationality wrong. Like I did...

@I'm a Radical Dame!
I PMed both of them and ChristyLovesYou said she couldn't go on the computer that day. But she still has not posted so I guess if they don't post within a day, we can start looking for people to fill their male slots.

Anyone know how to delete a character from the list? I don't know how.... x(

Omg, have you ever taken the quiz that ask you to pick which race a bunch of asians are according to just pictures??? hahaha, if not i'm gonna have to find it and send it to you!! I did pretty good....i think i missed only 1 or 2 out of 10. [took it a few years ago! =P]

But yeah, just go to the "roleplayers needed" section of the forum to look for new people!. Right now, it seems to be just six of us responding, which will work out good. But the other girls WERE responding, and probably still wanna rp......blah! =P
And to delete a character, i have no idea. I'm a GM and went to my Rp to try and find out, but couldn't lol. >_<

Anyways, sorry for taking so long to respond but school was hell yesterday and today..........so i've been busy as hell, in total zombie mode. o_o

I'm a Radical Dame!
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby .euphoria. on Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:45 pm

Damn it did this Roleplay Die?!

.euphoria.
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby shmband on Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:54 am

I was having a pretty good time of it, but I think it's lost too many players to survive. It was about to turn into a 1x1 between you and me BL. :P

shmband
Member for 14 years

Re: Your Chance at Romance

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Chocolate~Pyrus on Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:10 pm

Is this roleplay dead?
You are enough. Wear your mask and stay safe.

Chocolate~Pyrus
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Party Starter Lifegiver Visual Appeal Friendly Beginnings Tipworthy

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!