Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Without the Avatar

Without the Avatar

a part of “Without the Avatar”, a fictional universe by DA_SHADOW_PHOENIX.

What if Avatar Aang Never confronted the Fire lord. What if The air nomads weren't all killed? and The fire lord just took over? only the earth kingdom trying to fight. Azula now sits on the throne a century later. (More inside)

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Without the Avatar”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Without the Avatar

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Miss_Dreamer on Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:36 pm

I would like to reserve a water bender please?
Gir ♥

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Miss_Dreamer
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pyronide on Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:21 pm

He does not address vincent he nods towards him while talking to tahnu and as to my character using the word nomad doesn't mean that alexi has identified you as an air nomad. I thought it was pretty clear and i do not see the confusion. what is confusing is when your character knows things that are not within dialogue quotes. for example my character pulled the water onto his hand before moving into the room so how your character would notice would be hard unless he was looking for it which was not mentioned so it breaks that continuum.

I will ignore all this just pay more attention in the future please. I would also like to get another person's input on this.
- =There is Always Room For Justice= -

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Pyronide
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DA_SHADOW_PHOENIX on Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:24 pm

Pyro what you say makes this even more confusing, please then re writew your post, be more descriptive, and specific. So that I don't make a mistake, i will also re write my post after that. sorry for the misunderstanding.
"Oh, there's some bubble wrap over there not being used? I'll just leave it alone."-Said: No one, EVER.

DA_SHADOW_PHOENIX
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby The Shadow on Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:13 pm

Getting a quick definition of Nomad gave me this. "A member of a people who have no permanent abode and travel from place to place to find fresh pasture for their livestock."
But really its just the no-settling down thing, thus technically making Vincent a nomad... not an Air Nomad (Which doesn't make too much sense as every air bender I've seen so far has settled down, Aang took his time but still settled down) but a nomad none the less. Still, since we're getting into specifics of posts, first thing that Pyro did 'wrong' is that he refered to the gourd Vincent holds his sake in as a 'liquid sack' as that sounds much more like a water/wine skin rather than a 'bottle' because that is basically what a gourd is. The reason I bring this up is because then he goes on to say that he has his own gourd.

Anyway, a mistake that Pyro did make was trying to somehow slip in, 'Not unnoticed, but not obvious as well.' as clearly with only three people in a fishery standing near the door (Which probably creaks abit and stuff when opened and closed) means that you will always be highly noticed trying to enter or leave the place.

Continuing on Tahnu 'was reaching for his staff and that was peculiar to him, meant that he was being identified as threat.' with Alexi being identified as the thread. Now since a staff is not only a weapon but also something people can use to help them walk and the fact that Tahnu's head was already covered by a hood, Alexi would not properly be able to tell whether the guy needed support or not because of a bad leg. This can just be left all down to being slightly paranoid though.

As for how an Air bender noticed how a Water bender pulled a 'paper-thin' layer over water over his hand, is quite simple as water reflects light and unless we're all in the dark here the water would reflect certain amounts of light, that and the movement, maybe if the water bender had his hand behind his back but there was no indication of that. Though from what I read Alexi is indeed talking to Tahnu, (Not exactly clear about that but anyway) while he simply nods towards Vincent as simply a sign of showing that someone else was bending as well.

Still there is no way that Alexi would know that Tahnu was a nomad as Tahnu was already wearing a hood and thus you can not see the only thing that marked him as an air bender which was his tattoos.

I write all this as being a third person with can sit off to the side and try and see the whole picture, I'm not trying to take sides I just want this sorted out so that we can continue to RP.

The Shadow
Member for 15 years
Author Conversationalist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DA_SHADOW_PHOENIX on Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:32 pm

Shadow. Thank you very much, you have been very helpful. It was... chalenging for me to express what you have said, though I share the same oppinion and points. let's hope we get this resolved. Pyro, i just ask that you please accept that you made a mistake and we carry on.

DA_SHADOW_PHOENIX
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Arc Warden Party Starter Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Pyronide on Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:44 am

if you want i will edit my post. I would also like to apologize.

Pyronide
Member for 15 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magic Man on Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:03 am

I would like to reserve the other earth bender. EARTH RULES! I do have some questions/suggestions though.

1. Can I have the power to metal bend?
2. Why do you not think that it's possible to take down 10 people by yourself? An earth bender could collapse a bridge, a water bender could make a huge wave, so on and so forth.
3. It might be helpful to have a list of bending techniques for each element to help people and to prevent people from doing something over powered. It could also help with character progress, they unlock more techniques the stronger they get or something.

Magic Man
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DA_SHADOW_PHOENIX on Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:42 am

Well magic, 2. is a very good question.

1. yes. But your character should have just learnt it as to be fair to other people.
2. unless you are already a master bender, no, That's just unfair to trhe people who made their characters inexperienced benders.
3. that's a good idea, though i don't know how i could do it. I am very bussy with school, and my football. It would be nice if I had someones help with it.

DA_SHADOW_PHOENIX
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Purpl3_Flam3s on Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:07 pm

May i reserve a Rebel Earth Bender?

Purpl3_Flam3s
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Purpl3_Flam3s on Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:11 pm

I know someone already asked to be the last earth bender on the slots but can you make another one please? If not i'll be a water bender.

Purpl3_Flam3s
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Magic Man on Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:52 am

Thanks for answering quickly. I could slowly work on a techniques list but I think it would be best if everyone collaborated for it to get a good variety of techniques.

How long does a reservation last? I can write up all the details and such on my phone but I don't know when I'll have the time to transfer it over to my computer.

Magic Man
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby DA_SHADOW_PHOENIX on Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:20 pm

hey flames. I am sorry, but I am not making another earth bender, we do however need some sort of opposition, and buy that i mean someone working for the Fire Nation. You could be a Di-Lee (earth benders that serve the crown)?

DA_SHADOW_PHOENIX
Member for 12 years

Previous

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!