Announcements: Cutting Costs (2024) » January 2024 Copyfraud Attack » Finding Universes to Join (and making yours more visible!) » Guide To Universes On RPG » Member Shoutout Thread » Starter Locations & Prompts for Newcomers » RPG Chat — the official app » Frequently Asked Questions » Suggestions & Requests: THE MASTER THREAD »

Latest Discussions: Adapa Adapa's for adapa » To the Rich Men North of Richmond » Shake Senora » Good Morning RPG! » Ramblings of a Madman: American History Unkempt » Site Revitalization » Map Making Resources » Lost Poetry » Wishes » Ring of Invisibility » Seeking Roleplayer for Rumple/Mr. Gold from Once Upon a Time » Some political parody for these trying times » What dinosaur are you? » So, I have an Etsy » Train Poetry I » Joker » D&D Alignment Chart: How To Get A Theorem Named After You » Dungeon23 : Creative Challenge » Returning User - Is it dead? » Twelve Days of Christmas »

Players Wanted: Long-term fantasy roleplay partners wanted » Serious Anime Crossover Roleplay (semi-literate) » Looking for a long term partner! » JoJo or Mha roleplay » Seeking long-term rp partners for MxM » [MxF] Ruining Beauty / Beauty x Bastard » Minecraft Rp Help Wanted » CALL FOR WITNESSES: The Public v Zosimos » Social Immortal: A Vampire Only Soiree [The Multiverse] » XENOMORPH EDM TOUR Feat. Synthe Gridd: Get Your Tickets! » Aishna: Tower of Desire » Looking for fellow RPGers/Characters » looking for a RP partner (ABO/BL) » Looking for a long term roleplay partner » Explore the World of Boruto with Our Roleplaying Group on FB » More Jedi, Sith, and Imperials needed! » Role-player's Wanted » OSR Armchair Warrior looking for Kin » Friday the 13th Fun, Anyone? » Writers Wanted! »

Borrowed Strength

Borrowed Strength

a part of “Borrowed Strength”, a fictional universe by Ashes-6695.

Everyone looks to become stronger, but if offered strength from a demon, would you pay the price they asked? [dead]

Characters Settings Story
This conversation is an Out Of Character (OOC) part of the roleplay, “Borrowed Strength”.
Discussions pertaining to roleplay on RPG.

Re: Borrowed Strength

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ashes-6695 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:00 pm

Hunters are really just regular humans. No special abilities, but often have something that fuels their desire for hunting, like contractors ordering their demons to kill the hunter's family, or they end up being raised into the field. Very few are beginning to make contracts with demons for a more even fight in hunting contractors, though.

As for other supernatural creatures.... no. But "Demons" is really just a term. Its a very wide variety, so most likely there are some that RESEMBLE specific creatures from lore, and thats probably where the lore would have come from.

Actually, and this message is for everybody, i have a huge rant about some things i realized that i was unclear or not specific about after having a conversation with Mathew Littlepaw. I think im going to copy and paste that in here, just to make sure everyone is on the same page? I hope thats not a problem u_u;

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ashes-6695
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ashes-6695 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:07 pm

This is the stuff i think everyone should just take a look at so we're all on the same page. I hope im not really killing people here for being the worst person ever. I was kind of dumb putting up this rp, really, because i didn't read it before posting it, and i'd written the thing a year ago. I was just having a couple little issues after certain things were typed up..... Sooooo, this is what i had explained (with a little paraphrasing on the first line);

"Demons" is really sort of a title... Thing is....Non-humans sounds incredibly lame. Fallen gods/spirits/deities of other religions sounds a little too honoring. You know how in certain religions, they'd depict the gods of the previous religions as demons in their lore? Its sort of like that. A term that has been lumped to all of these very powerful non-human entities as originally a kind of demotion and eventually a broad category for their entire "species" and such. Before the demon war, thats what they were; gods, deities, spirits, ghosts, etc. Their name simply changed, and essentially, it makes sense, because typical religions would tag them as demons, or devils, because many arrogant types would probably look for "worshipers" and that doesn't fly with the one-god. I liked the idea of throwing in a very powerful radical into the mix for this reason; seeing demons as creatures that "stole your soul!" and "condemned you to hell" for entering a contract and wanting to exterminate them without a second thought. But the thing is, nope, not denying or confirming any god, or particular religion with this plot line. Thats for the dead to find out. Could god be truly against existence of the demons? MAYBE. Could god just be the same kind of creature as demons, just very powerful? I DUNNO. Could we all just get reincarnated after death? HOT DAMN I WANNA BE A PRINCESS. But yeah, essentially, demons are natural to the world, and they aren't exactly unholy. They are very much a part of the balance of the world, and without their influence, the earth falls to ruin. Demons are all individuals, while some like to bring out the crazy, and the negative, all that is bad in people, there are still plenty whose intentions do no harm at all. Its all that kind of morality; would a human who succumbed the darkness through their demon be hell bound? Yes, probably. But what about a human that contracts with a demon and fought their demon's influence and kept their ability to stay on a good path? Or an innocent human that contracted with a neutral party demon or a demon whose intentions were good? Are their souls condemned as well? One would probably hope not, but MAYBE. The demon has nothing to do with souls really. Sure, they may like to taint them or twist them up, but mostly for fun. And though more rare, and typically without admitting it, some demons actually like humans.

and on the slightly less related note of how to kill demons..... Well, yeah, this here wasn't even meagerly implied aside from the fact that they CAN be killed. heh heh...... yeah, i realized i hadnt even bothered thinking if there were any SPECIFIC ways you kill demons. Its not as hard as it looks, of course! Okay, maybe it is. They have a lot more going for them. The basic way would be to render their body unusable; stop the heart, cut off the head, send the body through a woodcutter, saw them in half. The works, of course. But things like gunshots to other vital organs or cutting major veins wouldn't work; thats more of a bleed out/slow shut down kind of deal, and demons heal too quickly for that. The other option would be to bring their polar opposite, which will kill them completely. I say completely, because powerful demons can alter their form at the last minute and convert to parasite types to keep their lives. So this opposites method works on parasites, instead of just offing their contractor and letting them get away. So, y'know; drown a fire demon, blaze an ice demon, burn a darkness demon with light, smother a light demon in ashes. I get this is a little difficult for some i mean.... whats the opposite of blood for pete's sake? maybe like.......toxins. If you need me to speculate more on opposites, i could, but there are infinite types of demons, so its kind of difficult....

Tip jar: the author of this post has received 0.00 INK in return for their work.

Ashes-6695
Member for 13 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Visual Appeal Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Binsetsu on Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:27 pm

Huh, thats pretty interesting. (And good to know!) For me it does raise the question, though; were all parasites once powerful demons who altered their form, or is that just one way to get a parasite?

Binsetsu
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Merchant on Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:06 am

I'm curious about a creation demon. Destroy something utterly? Is that possible?

Merchant
Member for 12 years
Author Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ashes-6695 on Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:40 pm

@binsetsu, that is a very interesting question.... But, no, i dont think so. That is certainly one way to make parasites, but i do believe that there would most likely be many kinds of parasites that more come from just like.... idk... energy and stuff? Or perhaps some of them have just been parasites for so long they forget their original form? for once, i really have no idea. This is the point where i should be making up an answer.... but i like to make sure everything makes complete logical sense.............. oh my god..... i guess, like, im gonna go with the answer of not all of them, but the other cases ive mentioned are completely true for some of them. I think certain parasites just sort of... happen.... Like a second entity most likely growing inside the same body as another creature, but it eventually splits, and has a sort of life like going from one body to another. Does that make any sense at all? honestly im not even sure.

@Merchant, another excellent question!! Though, this i am fairly sure i should be able to answer. Creation demons and Destruction demons are both very powerful types, and likewise, can be very dangerous. Im including destruction demons because you asked about destroying something, and this is more their area. Typically, conservation of matter is like main principal, and would mean the answer is no. But, thats the thing; certain demons have a little way around specific rules. So, creation demons hold abilities along the line of bringing something into existence from virtually nothing. An extremely powerful one would probably have the ability to create complex life in whatever way they pleased. Destruction demons, therefore, do the opposite; they eliminate an object from existence. A game they would like to play would probably to destroy one part of a body at a time; limb by limb. Gruesome, but you get the point. Unlike the creation demons, though, their big complex ability when they're very powerful is to destroy an object so that it almost did not exist at all, and the memory of the object being there would disappear from most people. Not for the demon, of course, but you get the idea. Destruction of an object for them resembles the object imploding on itself, and is very painful. A very low example of each type would be destruction demons that can only get rid of non-complex items and creation demons that need to gather parts to combine in order to create something.

Ashes-6695
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ashes-6695 on Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:13 pm

so like, i dunno.... does anyone wanna interact with me? i should be like, posting again soon i guess... 0_0

Ashes-6695
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:04 am

OOOH! Ashes!! Can Kaleb come be friends with Val?
Peace. Love. Life. You've only got one run, why waste it?

XShishioX
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ashes-6695 on Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:42 pm

ooh!! yes yes yes~!! ^w^ the two funny lookin guys can be friendsies~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ashes-6695
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:02 am

@Ashes, just posted. If you like I can change the way they meet if it's too cheesy.

XShishioX
Member for 12 years
Promethean Conversation Starter Author Inspiration Conversationalist Novelist Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ashes-6695 on Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:44 pm

@XShishioX, naw, is cool!! im typing now :3

Ashes-6695
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ashes-6695 on Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:09 pm

oaky, got my posties up :3

Ashes-6695
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:46 pm

Awesome. I'm so excited, or at least, Kaleb is XP

@Ashes. I left you a note in my post, I can delete it once you're all posted and we can keep moving forward.

XShishioX
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ashes-6695 on Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:06 pm

im going to try and post either today or tomorrow, i just have a couple little things to do, but it shouldn't be a problem ^^;

Ashes-6695
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ashes-6695 on Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:46 pm

okey, got my posts up!! im real sorry about the delay ^^; i just had a lot of crap to do an stuff and i couldnt get around to finishing them immediately.

@Shishio, yeah, i sawwwww, but i didn't end up taking them all the way, cause Valley's all like whaaaaaaa and he's asking qestions an introduducine himslef.

an yeerrrrp im just not even goin splel any swords right in thus her e post becashe i donet know why okay dont qesion me i do what i wnat
dont worray my posts are free of all this shtuff. i just cant

Ashes-6695
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby XShishioX on Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:08 pm

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!

XShishioX
Member for 12 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ashes-6695 on Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:52 pm

MERRY CHRISTMAS ^w^

Ashes-6695
Member for 13 years

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Binsetsu on Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:59 am

Posted once more, sorry I was so late. Been sick as all hell and that has made me very unproductive. On another note, Merry Christmas, I hope you all scored some sweet loot this year. :)

Binsetsu
Member for 12 years
Conversation Starter Author Conversationalist Friendly Beginnings Completionist Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kamileon1 on Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:02 am

Would it be possible for a demon to attach his soul to an inanimate object? If so would this count as a parasite type, or would it be possible for the object to become their new form?

Kamileon1
Member for 12 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Kamileon1 on Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:59 pm

Sorry for the double post but is it okay if i join? Also are any character types needed?

Kamileon1
Member for 12 years
Author Lifegiver

Tips: 0.00 INK Postby Ashes-6695 on Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:21 pm

@Kamileon, of course you can join!!

as for answering your question.... its an interesting topic... Let me see if i can sort of grasp what you mean. Like, the demon sort of just goes into an object? I think it would be possible, yes, but you'd need to be creative for a way that taking over an object would be beneficial to the demon! I mean, there's only so much one could do as an enchanted toaster, if you catch my drift here. And this would be a parasite type, yes, unless it is a specific kind of Guardian that would be a Possession type, and be able to leave their own body and inhabit other ones, but only for a specific amount of time... A parasite inside an object would probably just mean that the object is sort of their "representation" so like, a necklace or a jewel that one carries with them for the power. Specific objects probably can amplify particular parasites' abilities so that they can use them without a living host to go through.

Ashes-6695
Member for 13 years

PreviousNext

Post a reply

Make a Donation

$

RPG relies exclusively on user donations to support the platform.

Donors earn the "Contributor" achievement and are permanently recognized in the credits. Consider donating today!